• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump: "I Will Protect Our LGBTQ Citizens'

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Yes it should be, but paraphrasing from Animal Farm: "Some Americans are more equal than others". In June 2015 thanks to the SCOTUS more Americans became equal.

I can't tell because, at least to me, this is worded slightly confusingly, but are you suggesting that because of the 2015 ruling on gay marriage that somehow gay Americans are "more equal" than non-gay Americans? Because if that's the case, I'd like you to explain how being granted the same rights and protections as everyone else is somehow Orwellian.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Nope. You're all open game, with targets on your backs.

:rolleyes:

Ain't dat the trute!

Straight people, especially conservative, over the age of 50, non
pot smoking, working, tax paying, citizens, have been political
targets of the left for decades.
One wonders? Have the Hollywood rich and infamous, that vowed to
leave the Country if Trump was elected done so yet?
Bye-bye.
No loss.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
When someone says they will protect *insert name of minority community* that has suffered from discrimination, you can save yourself from self-righteous indignation by remembering that there is a very obvious but implicit "as well" at the end of the sentence.

No need to panic, the police will still come to your aid even if you aren't wearing assless chaps.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yeah. I well remember back when I was a patrolman.
I took a call of a domestic argument.
The "guy" that answered the door was formerly a female who had
breasts removed, a rubber penis was on the floor.
(huh?)
The female came down the steps wearing a shear nightie and
visible was a long dong. (huh?)
Confusing what?
Well different strokes for different folks I guess.
Hilary people no doubt.:shrug::shrug:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I can't tell because, at least to me, this is worded slightly confusingly, but are you suggesting that because of the 2015 ruling on gay marriage that somehow gay Americans are "more equal" than non-gay Americans? Because if that's the case, I'd like you to explain how being granted the same rights and protections as everyone else is somehow Orwellian.

No, I meant it the other way, sarcastically. After June 2015 gay Americans became as equal as other Americans. Until then we weren't as equal as other Americans. My legal marriage under NJ state law became legal and equal all over the US.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
No, I meant it the other way, sarcastically. After June 2015 gay Americans became as equal as other Americans. Until then we weren't as equal as other Americans. My legal marriage under NJ state law became legal and equal all over the US.
Oh. My apologies, then. I just wanted to make sure.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I've noticed that some are in the mood to feel threatened.
As someone who has been attacked by Pence
And notices that Trump supporters are quick to point out that you can't believe him just because he says something

No, I don't find him too likely to protect me from anything.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As someone who has been attacked by Pence
And notices that Trump supporters are quick to point out that you can't believe him just because he says something

No, I don't find him too likely to protect me from anything.
Tom
Pence attacked you?
I'll punch him in the snoot.....or write a limerick about him.
Where did he hit you?
With what?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This. Aka "campaign rhetoric" aka "pandering to voters". Twelve presidential campaigns and elections I've lived through that I remember. Lie, rinse, repeat.
I have wondered if Trump learned how to pander from watching WWF/WWE given his friendship with Vince McMahon. The things he did and said on the campaign trail, it's obviously a very saleable gimmick; lively, rowdy, loud, and speaking his mind. Maybe Trump should pay Mister MacMahon some royalty fees (especially over the "you're fired" catchphrase)?:p

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Pence attacked you?
Where did he hit you?
With what?
Attacks do not have to be physical. You know damn well what he means.
And, yes, Pence also attacked me. Honestly, I wasn't really concerned much about Trump until he picked Pence. Pence scares me. Trumps a moronic bully who's in way over his head. Pence is considered a champion of the Religious Right. That's pretty much the reason I voted for Hillary. Pence has no problems promoting religious dogma as state legislation. That should have every rational and reasonable person concerned.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Pence attacked you?
Where did he hit you?
With what?
A State Constitutional Amendment preventing Indiana from recognizing my marriage. And a law allowing religious people to discriminate against me.
These may not have been attacks on people like you, but I see them as politically motivated attacks on me.
I'm surprised you are unaware of them.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A State Constitutional Amendment preventing Indiana from recognizing my marriage. And a law allowing religious people to discriminate against me.
These may not have been attacks on people like you, but I see them as politically motivated attacks on me.
I'm surprised you are unaware of them.
Tom
If that qualifies as an "attack" then Hillary & crew have attacked me too....higher taxes,
reduced gun rights, "obliterating" my in-laws in Iran, limiting political speech, etc, etc.
To quote a respected poster....
"I'm surprised you are unaware of them."

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If that qualifies as an "attack" then Hillary & crew have attacked me too....higher taxes,
reduced gun rights, "obliterating" my in-laws in Iran, limiting political speech, etc, etc.
To quote a respected poster....
"I'm surprised you are unaware of them."
You weren't singled out for any of these. To the extent they happened, it was general policy.
"To the extent". Iran has been under attacks from the Republican Bush administrations mainly.

But as a gay person it's different. Pence didn't push for an amendment banning all marriage. Just gay people's marriage.
Tom