• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump: "I Will Protect Our LGBTQ Citizens'

james bond

I have never, not once, been challenged, questioned, attacked, assaulted, or any such thing for being white. Yes, there are racists who hate white people, but "being white" isn't even on the list of things I've ever been attacked or ridiculed for (not unless you count how the MidWest sun does not get along with my Irish genes).

You should visit Oakland where they rioted last night. One protestor said it wasn't because of Trump, but frustration. Or the taco trucks in Stockton after dark. Certain parts of San Francisco may still be not so nice. 50 cents, the rapper, went bankrupt last year and is trying to come back. He's gone back to his roots and gives free shows at clubs. You should come with me.

Lighthouse

Attacks do not have to be physical. You know damn well what he means.
And, yes, Pence also attacked me. Honestly, I wasn't really concerned much about Trump until he picked Pence. Pence scares me. Trumps a moronic bully who's in way over his head. Pence is considered a champion of the Religious Right. That's pretty much the reason I voted for Hillary. Pence has no problems promoting religious dogma as state legislation. That should have every rational and reasonable person concerned.

Well, they both have a gay man on their transition team. They seem fine with it.

Lighthouse

And I've stated, numerous times, that is a serious concern of mine. Trump is currently facing at least 70 lawsuits.
And the discussion was that Pence has attacked LBGT Hoosiers and other Indiana residents.

I don't think that Pence attacked anyone. I think that many believe that they are some imaginary target that sees people out to get them when they are not, and are being their own worst enemies.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't think that Pence attacked anyone. I think that many believe that they are some imaginary target that sees people out to get them when they are not, and are being their own worst enemies.
:facepalm:It don't know how to respond. Pence has made his feelings and agenda very, very, VERY clear. He is raging and vehemently anti-LBGT. He told the world my civil liberties are beneath religious bigotry. Perhaps you need to remove the blinders?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Since you are totally and completely oblivious as to who Pence is and his positions regarding the LBGT community, here is some brief reading:
http://time.com/4406337/mike-pence-gay-rights-lgbt-religious-freedom/
He said gay couples signaled ‘societal collapse’
He opposed a law that would prohibit discrimination against LGBT people in the workplace

He opposed the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell
He rejected the Obama administration directive on transgender bathrooms

Lighthouse

:facepalm:It don't know how to respond. Pence has made his feelings and agenda very, very, VERY clear. He is raging and vehemently anti-LBGT. He told the world my civil liberties are beneath religious bigotry. Perhaps you need to remove the blinders?

I didn't hear him tell the world that. I believe it is you telling the world that religious liberties are beneath your liberties rather than seeing equal and common ground. I believe it is you telling the world that you are intolerant(bigot) towards harmless religious rights that are neither superior or beneath other rights.

Remove your own blinders and then you will see clearly.

I believe in common ground and equal rights for the religious and LGBT's so long as there is no discrimination or intolerance coming from either.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I didn't hear him tell the world that.
You apparently missed news networks around the world covering Pence's RFRA bill. The first good thing I saw from Twitter was even a response about it from Stephen King, who said a frosted dog turd is still a dog turd.
If you truly missed all this, you really need to start paying more attention, because quiet literally it was all over the news, all over the country, all over the world.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I believe in common ground and equal rights for the religious and LGBT's so long as there is no discrimination or intolerance coming from either.
There is. Pence does not agree, and he has, both through words, actions, and legislation, shown he feels so long as it's carried out with "sincerely held religious beliefs," then it's open season on LBGT rights and liberties.He doesn't even think homosexuals should be married or serve in the military.
Pence is indeed intolerant of the LBGT community and our rights, and he has made this very clear.

Lighthouse

You apparently missed news networks around the world covering Pence's RFRA bill. The first good thing I saw from Twitter was even a response about it from Stephen King, who said a frosted dog turd is still a dog turd.
If you truly missed all this, you really need to start paying more attention, because quiet literally it was all over the news, all over the country, all over the world.

You're hearing something completely different than what was actually said.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You're hearing something completely different than what was actually said.
I gave you direct quotes of what the man has said! What more do you want? You can pretend otherwise all you want, but there is a clear and concrete record, from speeches, voting records, and legislation, that prove Pence is very anti-LBGT.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...gov-mike-pences-position-gay-rights/78257192/
Pence was a staunch opponent of gay rights during his 12 years in Congress. In case after case, he cited worries about gay rights impeding on the religious freedoms of the faithful.
In the early 1990s, Pence was a board member for the Indiana Family Institute, a conservative advocacy group that has long opposed gay rights.
In 2000, his campaign website declared he wouldn't support federal funding to care for people living with HIV/AIDS unless money was cut to programs "that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus." He advocated instead for programs that would seek to change "sexual behavior."

In 2007, Pence worried that a bill to protect gays and lesbians from workplace discrimination could be used to discriminate against Christians. "If an employee keeps a Bible in his or her cubicle, if an employee displays a Bible verse on their desk, that employee could be claimed by a homosexual colleague to be creating a hostile work environment," he said on the floor of the U.S. House.

In 2009, he opposed efforts to expand the definition of a hate crime to include the victim's sexual orientation, fearing that a pastor's sermon condemning gay sex could be considered hate speech. "This will have a chilling effect on religious expression, from the pulpits, in our temples, in our mosques and in our churches," he said. "And it must be undone."

Pence was an outspoken champion of a federal constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union of a man and a woman. In multiple floor speeches, he said marriage was "ordained by God."

He also opposed President Barack Obama's decision to end the "don't ask, don't tell" military policy that prevented openly gay and lesbian people from serving in the military.
Pence applauded this and called for an amendment to Indiana's constitution banning same-sex marriage.
Pence said at the time that Pence supported the effort to “defend Indiana’s right to define the institution of marriage for the residents of our state.”
In 2014, Pence threw his support behind an amendment to Indiana's constitution that would have banned same-sex marriage. Even some of Pence's fellow Republicans felt the measure went too far.
Pence sided with shielding religious rights in the contentious statewide debate over whether to protect LGBT Hoosiers from discrimination.
Ignore it all you want, but clearly, obviously, and objectively Pence is staunchly anti-LBGT, and has stated time and time again our rights and liberties are beneath religious "objections" of "sincerely held religious beliefs."