• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump 2024. Why or why not.

Ponder This

Justice would entail not making lucrative deals with the Saudis that enrich Trump and his family.
You don't care about compensation for Khashoggi's family. You don't care about trials for the murderers. Your hatred of the Crown Prince is really a facade hiding your TDS.
Nothing has been amended.
Wait, so you do still blame Trump for the trial that happened under the Biden administration granting the Crown Prince immunity? I should've realized the TDS was too strong in you.

Who cares? This is nothing more than a deflection.
It speaks directly to the point that these trials against Trump are political lawfare.

Look up antisocial personality disorder in the DSM.
Well, that didn't change anything.

No, he hasn't and probably never will. "Build a wall" isn't a cohesive policy for anything.

Notice how I just asked you to provide some policy of his and this was your response instead.
I point out policies and you try to act like they aren't policies. In particular, I pointed out the Remain in Mexico policy. Is it that you don't know what the Remain in Mexico policy is? It's where assylum claimants trying to enter from Mexico that aren't claiming assylum from Mexico must wait in Mexico while their assylum claims are considered. You keep bringing up "Build the Wall" which means to secure the border from illegal entry and includes building and rebuilding wall along the border to prevent illegal entry as well as making having border agents patrol and catch people trying to enter illegally. Another policy is Mexico Paying for the Wall, which is that the Mexican army patrols its side of the border. There is also Ending Catch and Release, which is to end the policy of catching illegals and releasing them into the U.S.
Uh yeah, that's usually what happens when people commit crimes. I"m all for going after people who commit crimes. Aren't you?
I happen to believe that people have inalienable rights that governments are not permitted to violate and that the government is not permitted to engage in corrupt actions (this includes not being permitted to criminalize actions which are not criminal).
This was in response to, "Do you think these are arguments that an insurrection didn't actually happen or .... what? What are you trying to say here?"

So, you think there was no insurrection .... ?
I challenged your knowledge of basic facts about Jan 6 because you claimed you were well informed by watching the Jan 6 committee (which was a political hit job against Trump), and it would seem that you are not so well informed by watching the Jan 6 committee. If you want to continue to claim that Trump is an insurrectionist and that you are well informed about Jan 6th because you watched the committee, then drop some knowledge on us, and if you can't, then retract your claim that the Jan 6 committee so well informed you.

No, I don't.

The TDS is all yours if you think that Clinton and Trump are on equal footing on this one. That's completely irrational and contrary to the facts.
Why don't you believe Hillary thinks Trump stole the 2016 election from her? Do you think she is lying? She's repeated her remarks multiple times in the media.

You think it's fair to defend everything Trump has done, whether good or bad, because I've "attacked everything he has done?" Wha?
I didn't say "whether good or bad" and your arguments have been bad. But by definition, if you do nothing but attack, then how is it not fair if I defend? What are you saying? That because you do nothing but attack, it would only be fair if I didn't defend? Ridiculous!
Who said it was?
It seems that you said so, but if it was in error, then I am happy if we can correct it.
He actually said the words I quoted.

Ohh he only banned immigration (including refugees) from specific Muslim countries so it's not xenophobic then? Please tell me that isn't your argument.
I didn't find that exact quote anywhere, but looking into it, I've decided that you've made a fair point! Trump called for a ban on muslims entering the country.
Mr. Trump stated, "Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine. Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life."
But I think that Trump was actually concerned about terrorism as opposed to intrinsically disliking Muslims. And that's why, for example, Iraq was removed from the travel ban.

The fact of the matter is that migrants/refugees/immigrants commit crimes at lower rates than natural born citizens do. I think the reasons are obvious.
The fact of the matter is that legal immigration is good (as opposed to the illegal kind).

Both. Have you read a transcript of any of his speeches yet? English is my first language and I'm well versed in it. That's how I know he's just saying is basically nothing (and a lot of lies and BS).

There's a lot of "if you look at what's happening in ... " and "Look at what they're doing in ... " without any further explanation as to what's going on or being done. It's a lot of vague references to nothing, lies, endless insults and childish name calling, complaints and whining.
So when Trump specifically calls out examples such as Laken Riley, who was raped and murdered, do you interpret that as lies, insults, or whining?

Nonsense.
Indeed, your use of the word "comprehensive" was nonsense.

Compared to every single other person you mentioned here (save for maybe Haley), Trump's speeches are juvenile, rambling and borderline incoherent. I think your admiration of him is blocking your ability to see that.
LoL, Chris Hayes, he should never read a transcript again, he's so bad at it!
Are you upset that Trump didn't answer the question the way you wanted?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Why don't you believe Hillary thinks Trump stole the 2016 election from her? Do you think she is lying? She's repeated her remarks multiple times in the media.

Which media? I follow politics very closely, and I don't know of any time Hillary said that the election was "stolen" from her. Can you find a quote by her and post it here saying just that?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Just as it's ok for you guys to call Trump an insurrectionist, even though he has never even been charged for such a thing. But....but you just "know".
He's got a trial coming up for Trump and his co-conspirators (at least, the ones left who haven't flipped and made plea deals already) for which there is a ton of evidence already.

Bad comparison. Biden: no evidence of any criminal activity. But Republicans are sure that he has committed crimes. Absolutely sure of it. They somehow hold the cognitive dissonant belief that he's both a criminal mastermind and a senile old man who doesn't know where he is.

Meanwhile, they've got a guy standing in front of them oozing corruption out of every orifice, and they just don't see it. Witch hunt! They yell.

Trump: Found guilty numerous times of fraud (both in the past and present), civilly liable for sexual abuse, 91 indictments and several upcoming trials, based on grand jury recommendations.

There's no comparison here. Just a failed attempt at whataboutism to divert away from having to address what's going on with Trump.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You don't care about compensation for Khashoggi's family. You don't care about trials for the murderers. Your hatred of the Crown Prince is really a facade hiding your TDS.
Annnnnd ... we're done.

If you all you're going to do is accuse me of TDS which is not an actual argument of any kind, and of not caring about what we're talking about. I'm done.
Wait, so you do still blame Trump for the trial that happened under the Biden administration granting the Crown Prince immunity? I should've realized the TDS was too strong in you.

It speaks directly to the point that these trials against Trump are political lawfare.

Well, that didn't change anything.

I point out policies and you try to act like they aren't policies. In particular, I pointed out the Remain in Mexico policy. Is it that you don't know what the Remain in Mexico policy is? It's where assylum claimants trying to enter from Mexico that aren't claiming assylum from Mexico must wait in Mexico while their assylum claims are considered. You keep bringing up "Build the Wall" which means to secure the border from illegal entry and includes building and rebuilding wall along the border to prevent illegal entry as well as making having border agents patrol and catch people trying to enter illegally. Another policy is Mexico Paying for the Wall, which is that the Mexican army patrols its side of the border. There is also Ending Catch and Release, which is to end the policy of catching illegals and releasing them into the U.S.

I happen to believe that people have inalienable rights that governments are not permitted to violate and that the government is not permitted to engage in corrupt actions (this includes not being permitted to criminalize actions which are not criminal).

I challenged your knowledge of basic facts about Jan 6 because you claimed you were well informed by watching the Jan 6 committee (which was a political hit job against Trump),
LOL

and it would seem that you are not so well informed by watching the Jan 6 committee. If you want to continue to claim that Trump is an insurrectionist and that you are well informed about Jan 6th because you watched the committee, then drop some knowledge on us, and if you can't, then retract your claim that the Jan 6 committee so well informed you.
I've already dropped a ton of knowledge on you.
Because she conceded the election the next day. Unlike Trump who fomented an insurrection and TO THIS DAY claims that the election was rigged against him - DESPITE ZERO EVIDENCE INDICATING THAT.
I didn't say "whether good or bad" and your arguments have been bad. But by definition, if you do nothing but attack, then how is it not fair if I defend? What are you saying? That because you do nothing but attack, it would only be fair if I didn't defend? Ridiculous!
Is there anything you won't defend Trump for?
It seems that you said so, but if it was in error, then I am happy if we can correct it.

I didn't find that exact quote anywhere, but looking into it, I've decided that you've made a fair point! Trump called for a ban on muslims entering the country.
Wow!
But I think that Trump was actually concerned about terrorism as opposed to intrinsically disliking Muslims. And that's why, for example, Iraq was removed from the travel ban.
I don't. He's clearly xenophobic.
The fact of the matter is that legal immigration is good (as opposed to the illegal kind).

So when Trump specifically calls out examples such as Laken Riley, who was raped and murdered, do you interpret that as lies, insults, or whining?

Indeed, your use of the word "comprehensive" was nonsense.

LoL, Chris Hayes, he should never read a transcript again, he's so bad at it!
Are you upset that Trump didn't answer the question the way you wanted?
What?

Have a nice day.

Ponder This

Which media? I follow politics very closely, and I don't know of any time Hillary said that the election was "stolen" from her. Can you find a quote by her and post it here saying just that?
In this post, I included a video of Hillary Clinton on CBS Sunday Morning and a link to an article from the Washington Post. In the video she says,
"He knows he's an illegitmate President"
"I know that he knows that this wasn't on the level"
"I believe that there were many funny things that happened in my election."
In the article, it quotes Hillary Clinton:
“No, it doesn’t kill me because he knows he’s an illegitimate president,” she said. “I believe he understands that the many varying tactics they used, from voter suppression and voter purging to hacking to the false stories — he knows that — there were just a bunch of different reasons why the election turned out like it did.”

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
In this post, I included a video of Hillary Clinton on CBS Sunday Morning and a link to an article from the Washington Post. In the video she says,

In the article, it quotes Hillary Clinton:

If you paid attention to the context, she called Trump an "illegitimate president", but NOT that she thinks he won because of voter fraud but because of his morally bankrupt words and actions. That's very different than what Trump claimed after losing the 2020 election.

Laniakea

Not of this world
If you paid attention to the context, she called Trump an "illegitimate president", but NOT that she thinks he won because of voter fraud but because of his morally bankrupt words and actions. That's very different than what Trump claimed after losing the 2020 election.

Just watch the first 12 seconds of this:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Just watch the first 12 seconds of this:
What is your point? I certainly am not inclined to defend Clinton, I think she is irrelevant at this point. But what is your point? Are you implying that it is perfectly ok because Clinton did it? Because if she did it, it can't be wrong?

Laniakea

Not of this world
What is your point? I certainly am not inclined to defend Clinton, I think she is irrelevant at this point. But what is your point? Are you implying that it is perfectly ok because Clinton did it? Because if she did it, it can't be wrong?

Try following along with the discussion before asking questions.
Hint: I was replying to metis, who denied Clinton claimed the election was stolen.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The migration of the MAGAs. Be sure that you don't get caught up in it!

Maga Migration.jpg

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Better than saying that if black people don't know whether to vote for biden or Trump, then they "ain't black"?
Does that mean it is ok? Biden received a lot of criticism for that comment, and I think deservedly so. I criticized Biden for that comment. It was a horrible and stupid comment.

Now the question, do you have the ability to see how disgusting what Trump said was? Do you have the integrity to criticize Trump for these comments? Or are you too deep into Trumpism to ever do that?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Over and over and over again, I hear the Biden is too old, but that Trump is younger and still fully compos mentis. And yet, in Dayton, Ohio, just this past weekend, Trump said:

"Joe Biden won against Barrack Hussein Obama -- has anybody heard of him?"

Fascinating. As I understand it, Joe Biden won against Donald John Trump.

Still think he's in firm control of his faculties?