• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Treatments of women

linwood

Have you ever noticed that the more a women is rebelling against her husband, more the relationship is getting weaker and weaker; well Islam gave us the solution, do what he says and you'll win his heart and mind and he'll do whatevre you want , and you'll live happily ever after :)

What if what he says directly contradicts what she wants?

You`ve gotta see how that whole situation is ludicrous.

fatima_bintu_islam

Sorry for this late reply ,

Following Islamic teaching make a women smart, meaning that if he orders her to do what she does not want, then instead of starting a power show of whos wrong and right, she agree with him and discuss the whole thing until they find a common ground where both partners are happy.
As Allaah Says (what means): "…They are clothing for you and you are clothing for them…" [Quran 2: 187]

Smart women have their power in their softness, not in their manhood :)

linwood

Sorry for this late reply ,

Following Islamic teaching make a women smart, meaning that if he orders her to do what she does not want, then instead of starting a power show of whos wrong and right, she agree with him and discuss the whole thing until they find a common ground where both partners are happy.

So in other words you`r earlier reply was false.

She is simply to do what he says regardless of what she wants.

~Amin~

God is the King
So in other words you`r earlier reply was false.

She is simply to do what he says regardless of what she wants.

Lodge them (the divorced women) where you dwell, according to your means, and DO NOT TREAT THEM IN SUCH A HARMFUL WAY THAT THEY BE OBLIGED TO LEAVE(SO SHE HAS A RIGHT TO LEAVE). And if they are pregnant, then spend on them till they deliver. Then if they give suck to the children for you, give them their due payment, AND LET EACH OF YOU(MAN AND WOMEN) ACCEPT THE ADVICE OF THE OTHER IN A JUST WAY. But if you make difficulties for one another, then some other woman may give suck for him (the father of the child).
Qur'an 65 v 6.

gnostic

The Lost One
amin said:
Lodge them (the divorced women) where you dwell, according to your means, and DO NOT TREAT THEM IN SUCH A HARMFUL WAY THAT THEY BE OBLIGED TO LEAVE(SO SHE HAS A RIGHT TO LEAVE). And if they are pregnant, then spend on them till they deliver. Then if they give suck to the children for you, give them their due payment, AND LET EACH OF YOU(MAN AND WOMEN) ACCEPT THE ADVICE OF THE OTHER IN A JUST WAY. But if you make difficulties for one another, then some other woman may give suck for him (the father of the child).
Qur'an 65 v 6.

The reality is quite different to this Qur'anic verse.

The status of widow is far better than those women who had been divorced by their husbands.

In some media about divorced Muslim women in Muslim societies that I have seen, they are treated as outcast, especially in Middle Eastern and African countries.

If the divorced women have children, they can only have custody of the children if the men don't want the children. If the ex-husbands want the children, then the women can't do anything about it.

And the chances of divorced women remarrying are slim, to almost impossible, because they are "used women", so they would have to find lowest of pay work, or worse, resort to begging or prostitution. Divorced women are generally not accepted in Muslim societies.

There have been a few cases here in Australia, where the Muslim couples have divorced, and the Australian family court awarded the custody of children to the women, but the men using their visitations to take the children to Muslim populated-countries, where the so-called fair Islamic laws recognised father's custody, despite the Australian verdicts or the women protestations.

No, the reality of Islamic world do not offer equality to divorced women, because Muslim world is still patriarchal world. The man can be of the poorest class, but compared to the women, they are kings of their clan.

Zhakir

Peace&Tolerance
afghan-bride.jpg

It's your religion,are these Hadiths false? because i have made sure they are Sahih

Narrated Aisha: The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years).........

Now,I know that those who said Aisha was married at 16 are wrong.
and she was married at 9 years.

:no:, I'm sorry Allah (swt), forgive me for misleading them.
You see England, Albukhari claims that Muhammad was raisd to heaven and met God, and you don't believe him . Aisha thing could be a lie as well,and sure it is for one who believes in Muhammad and that he deosn't do such evil things. Don't count on Muhammad's enemies's views and lies. Of course i will never blame you, as Muslims claim they are Islamic scriptures, Sorry for every thing :facepalm:. peace

fatima_bintu_islam

By experience, the Aisha thing as you put it was always a proof for me on how some democratic callers are double standarded. It may not be the case with others, but heres why:

Most of the times when I discuss this issue, I explain that the 9 years old is a regional thing: in hot spots on the globe , ladies grow fast ; (just an example, I live in morocco (not very hot) and my cousin got her menses at 10 and if you see her you'll see a women ) and saudi arabia is the one of the hottest spot , so when the propht sallalahu 'alayhi wassalam married Aisha (ra) she was already a complete women. Yes she loved to play with dolls, and that is because she was still young and still loved to play. And everytime I tell them that if she did not like the situation , she could have ran away; but no, instead of that she was crazy about him. And when the prophet sallalahu 'alayhi wassalam wwas asked on the most beloved person to his heart , he said "Aisha (ra)".

So, you can see that they loved each other and in order to understand the nine years thing,you should put the story in its correct context. Scholars used to say that in Yemen they used to see 18 years old grandmothers ( married at 9 ,and her daughter too) it may be difficult for you to understand, but for me who live in a somehow hot country , it is very reasonable.

Now, the problem is , those so called freedom and democracy callers, and diversity ; they just cant swallow the fact that people are different from them, their bodies are different, their mindset too; which show a huge insincerity with their claims. And Allah knows best

Zhakir

Peace&Tolerance
By experience, the Aisha thing as you put it was always a proof for me on how some democratic callers are double standarded. It may not be the case with others, but heres why:

Most of the times when I discuss this issue, I explain that the 9 years old is a regional thing: in hot spots on the globe , ladies grow fast ; (just an example, I live in morocco (not very hot) and my cousin got her menses at 10 and if you see her you'll see a women ) and saudi arabia is the one of the hottest spot , so when the propht sallalahu 'alayhi wassalam married Aisha (ra) she was already a complete women. Yes she loved to play with dolls, and that is because she was still young and still loved to play. And everytime I tell them that if she did not like the situation , she could have ran away; but no, instead of that she was crazy about him. And when the prophet sallalahu 'alayhi wassalam wwas asked on the most beloved person to his heart , he said "Aisha (ra)".

So, you can see that they loved each other and in order to understand the nine years thing,you should put the story in its correct context. Scholars used to say that in Yemen they used to see 18 years old grandmothers ( married at 9 ,and her daughter too) it may be difficult for you to understand, but for me who live in a somehow hot country , it is very reasonable.

Now, the problem is , those so called freedom and democracy callers, and diversity ; they just cant swallow the fact that people are different from them, their bodies are different, their mindset too; which show a huge insincerity with their claims. And Allah knows best
Heat and growing, intresting!. But even for these "hot areas" of ours. Allah (swt) in his Qur'an sent to us clearifies that there is an age of marriage.
Make trial of orphans until they reach the age of marriage.
4:6
Simply babys and little children are not ot that age, they are not women.
Marry women of your choice.
4:3
We clearly know that the word "women" used here or "Nissa in Arabic Qur'an" (and Morocco and Mecca). dosen't mean children, babies, or men. So Muhammad (pbuh) wouldn't marry a child.

And if a woman fears ill usage or desertion on the part of her husband, there is no blame on them, if they effect a reconciliation between them, and reconciliation is better, and avarice has been made to be present in the (people's) minds; and if you do good (to others) and guard (against evil), then surely Allah isaware of what you do.
4:128
How would a child be able to apply such rights duties. Again in Sura Women, Allah (swt) is not talking to children.
besides 5:5 and 4:25 of the Qur'an clearifies the marriage should be of the women choice, do the 6 years old children in Yeman marry willingly or forced by their parents? of course the child does whatever his parents want, no applying to these verses here.
Let alone all the health risks, that contradict 21:107 of the Qur'an which states the prophet Muhammad is a mercy to all. Some hadith show that Aisha loved Muhammad (pbuh), but Not to mention their problems according to Albukhari like Muhammad almost divorced her, hadithtu alifk, Aisha brestfeeding strangers, biochemical fighting, killing and other weird stuff.

Last edited:
"O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them happiness, that ye may take away part of the dower [i.e money given by the husband to the wife for the marriage contract] ye have given them, except where they have been guilty of open lewdness: on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and God brigns about through it a great deal of good" [Quran, 4:19]

"If any do deeds of righteousness,- be they male or female - and have faith, they will enter heaven, and not the least injustice will be done to them" [Quran, 4:124]

Narrated Mu'awiyah al-Qushayri: "I went to the Apostle of Allah and asked him: what do you say (command) about our wives? He replied: Give them food what you have for yourself, and clothe them by which you clothe yourself, AND DO NOT BEAT THEM" [Sunnah Abu Dawood, Book 11, Marriage, Number 2139]

asad_asrar

Asad Asrar
In Islam beating your wife is not at allowed especially in this context. In Islam husband and wife are also referred also the castle. Combined they are protected if they are splits both of them are unsecured. protection in sense that women protect her husband from illegal relationships with others and men protect his wife from the threats of out side the castle.

gnostic

The Lost One
linwood said:

You`ve gotta see how that whole situation is ludicrous.
fatima said:
As Allaah Says (what means): "…They are clothing for you and you are clothing for them…" [Quran 2: 187]

Smart women have their power in their softness, not in their manhood :)
I don't think that smart at all.

Sorry, but your statement is a contradiction.

She right, but she with agree with him anyway, and then find a common ground and then hoping this "discussion" would benefit the both of them?

It sounds a lot of work for the wife, and sounds quite dishonest.

Either you agree with him or you don't.

If either side can't agree on the issue, then yes, I agree that a discussion is require for possibly a compromise. That the way you are getting at, I believe.

I think it is wrong for a woman to agree with husband 1st, and then find a compromise. Sorry, but your comment doesn't make sense. If a western woman tried this, the way you are suggesting, then her husband would think she is playing mind game with him, which could make the situation worse for her.