• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trapped - The Game Thread

Scruffitude

Scruffy Nerf Herder
The hologram appears in front of you again.

"Congratulations, you've worked out the third riddle. Now for the fourth one. Follow me."

The hooded figure's hologram moves out of the chamber you're in. You follow it.

Looking at the faces of the other people, you can see everyone is confident. The initial stress of being kidnapped by someone unknown has all but worn off. You watch as the hologram comes to a stop in the middle of another chamber. The chamber is already illuminated.
You see seven chairs arranged around the room.

"Seven chairs for seven people. Pick one and sit. It does not matter who sits where," says the hooded figure's hologram.

You look around at the others tentatively.

"Please, have a seat," says the hologram.

Wondering if you really have a choice, you all take seats around the room. As soon as you do so, you realize that you can no longer move. Your body is somehow held to the chair. Your confidence from earlier begins to vanish.

"I know you may think me cruel for doing this," says the hologram, "but the time for fun and games is over. You have been lulled into a false sense of security, it seems, by my previously charitable attitude. This ends now. The final two riddles will test your patience, will and wit in ways you never knew. To this end, and due to the fact that you've all worked out the previous riddles so quickly, I am changing the rules," says the hologram.

There are shouts of protest from around the room.

"Silence please," the hooded figure instructs you, "I do realize this is unfair. But life is unfair. This would not be much of a challenge if we kept going on as we have. Therefore, I am changing the time limit to 24 hours for the final two challenges. I am also going to limit the number of hints to five hints - this applies to the group as a whole.
"To make things interesting, this is now a competition. As you've all survived by cooperation, you must now take into account that this test of mine was designed so that only one person would escape. Not to put a too fine point on it, but I lied when I said all of you would be making it out. Therefore, I must ask that you submit your answers to me privately. You may summon me at your discretion by pressing the button labeled 'PM' on your chair. You may know the answer but I do not encourage you to share it with others. It is now everyone for him or herself.
"If you choose to, you may attempt to trick the others into answering a certain way. You noticed during the first riddle that everyone wanted to overthink things. Use this to your advantage.
"And now, my unwitting prisoners, the fourth riddle.
"I am everything and everywhere at once.
"I am your friend, your enemy and neither of those two.
"When I move, I sometimes crawl, while other times I fly.
"Some say I am father to all.
"Utter my name if you wish, but know this:
"Today you may refer to me as one thing,
"If speaking of tomorrow, I am another,
"While if you talk of yesterday, I am yet something else.
"My riddle is complete, but the answer is yet to be discovered.
"Have you figured it out? Then make haste, for I am waiting.
"

The hooded figure's hologram, inasmuch as this is possible, smiles. It disappears. You notice that you still can't move. A voice echoes through the chamber:

"24 hours. Better get on that riddle."

Scruffitude

Scruffy Nerf Herder
((Five hints per riddle. As this round is almost over, those interested in participating next round should sign up in the discussion thread. The winner of this round will be the GM of the next one, unless he or she declines.))

Truth_Faith13

((Five hints per riddle. As this round is almost over, those interested in participating next round should sign up in the discussion thread. The winner of this round will be the GM of the next one, unless he or she declines.))

Cool, in that case I will take that hint, besides everyone will see it, so it wont hurt!

Scruffitude

Scruffy Nerf Herder
I have an idea, but can I have a hint please?

The hologram appears and hovers over to Dream Angel.

"This is your first hint. You now have four left for this riddle.
"Look closely at the riddle. Read it again. Read it carefully."

The hologram disappears.

Heneni

Miss Independent
:cover:Can i have another hint Scruffitude?

And can it be something other than....read it once again?:D

Scruffitude

Scruffy Nerf Herder
The hologram appears without warning. It hovers over to Circle_One.

"This contestant has submitted her final answer. The final answer she gave was wrong."

Circle_One and her chair disappear almost instantly. There is no sound other than the sound of your own breath.

"I must urge you to look closely at the riddle. Read it carefully. Consider what I wrote. That is all."

The hologram disappears again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contestants Left:

Draka
Dream Angel
Don Penguinoni
Heneni
Mister Emu
Panda

Trapped:
Circle_One

Last edited:

Scruffitude

Scruffy Nerf Herder
:cover:Can i have another hint Scruffitude?

And can it be something other than....read it once again?:D

The hologram appears again and hovers over to Heneni.

"This is your second hint. You have three left for this riddle.
"I think you are all overthinking this thing. I have given you all the knowledge you need. Be vigilant when you see words in the riddle that you think mean something. I can't really say anything else without giving it away."

The hologram disappears.