• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time's paradoxical correlations or is it natures similarities of design?

Is time evidence of intelligent design or a product of evolution?

• Yes its lends some evdience towards ID

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No its about evolution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other please expand on any answer

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
Actually the title should of been; Time's paradoxical correlations or is it evidence of Intelligent Design? I didn't see an option to change the title....hmmm...

My most favorite subject of science is the nature of time. Time seems linear, ie a line with an arrow pointing towards the future. Our intuition tells us the past present and future like dots on the line and time flows 'forward' from the past to the future. However every science with a PhD pay grade tells us linear time is an illusion created by our brain and real time can be more accurately visualized as loaf of sliced rye bread. The entire loaf is the universe with each slice being like nano-seconds, seconds, days, years, or decades etc.(depending on how thin or thick each slice is). The pieces and bits of rye etc are events in those time periods. What I have a difficult time understanding is how the future has already happened! The present is obvious enough. We can remember the past and even see billions back into the past via looking at the stars and objects in deep space. We see the stars and objects the way they looked in the past. Even our own sun is as it was in the past, albeit a few minuets, but still its not as it appears! Atomic clocks and other empirically verified experiments have verified time dilation is a fact which means with enough velocity (or mass etc) one can travel into the future millions of years (or just days or years depending on the velocity of the space craft). So if your brother went on a super fast trip into space he would age a year or two and you would have aged a thousand years or more or less, again depending on how fast his space craft was moving. So why is it not possible to see the future? This seeming paradox is another reason why I believe the universe was designed by an intelligence I call God. You can call him Watson or the FSM. Still imo all the above points to design. Any comments about this subject or time in general will be appreciated.

; {>

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Actually the title should of been; Time's paradoxical correlations or is it evidence of Intelligent Design? I didn't see an option to change the title....hmmm...

My most favorite subject of science is the nature of time. Time seems linear, ie a line with an arrow pointing towards the future. Our intuition tells us the past present and future like dots on the line and time flows 'forward' from the past to the future. However every science with a PhD pay grade tells us linear time is an illusion created by our brain and real time can be more accurately visualized as loaf of sliced rye bread. The entire loaf is the universe with each slice being like nano-seconds, seconds, days, years, or decades etc.(depending on how thin or thick each slice is). The pieces and bits of rye etc are events in those time periods. What I have a difficult time understanding is how the future has already happened! The present is obvious enough. We can remember the past and even see billions back into the past via looking at the stars and objects in deep space. We see the stars and objects the way they looked in the past. Even our own sun is as it was in the past, albeit a few minuets, but still its not as it appears! Atomic clocks and other empirically verified experiments have verified time dilation is a fact which means with enough velocity (or mass etc) one can travel into the future millions of years (or just days or years depending on the velocity of the space craft). So if your brother went on a super fast trip into space he would age a year or two and you would have aged a thousand years or more or less, again depending on how fast his space craft was moving. So why is it not possible to see the future? This seeming paradox is another reason why I believe the universe was designed by an intelligence I call God. You can call him Watson or the FSM. Still imo all the above points to design. Any comments about this subject or time in general will be appreciated.

; {>
Why do you believe any of this is indicative of design?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
IMO, Time is just a measure of change, which is why it seems to only go forward. Change is always new. You don't see the sun in the past but you see the current light that is available through the earth's atmosphere in the present. The light came from the Sun 8 minutes ago but you didn't see it on the sun and you don't see it with out change caused by the atmosphere. The same is for the planets except that will Telescopes in space you don't have to worry about our atmosphere just the planets you are looking at the delay is still the same as the speed of light is constant and there is change as in the red shift which is how will determine age. When you travel close to the speed of light(or the fastest change) you are changing at a slower rate while change is happening at the same rate all around you. You are not traveling in to the future just distance but so fast that you exceed your ability to see change. When you stop your ability to see change catches backup with you. If you exceed the speed of sound does sound stop and when you finally slow down does sound start again. Sound continues with you and when you finally stop catches back up with you. Its like your understanding of seeing the planets but after you slow down you move closer and closer to the planets so you actually see them as they are.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
If you ever watch old cheesy movies when they press the stop time button the world freezes, everything stops. Times' correlation is to movement it seems.

Rational Agnostic

; {>

Has nothing to do with evolution, which is a biological process.

idav

Being
Premium Member

; {>
In a way perceiving the world in fourth dimensions (time) is an evolutionary step in further understanding our environment. I don't think having more dimensions is really an indication of ID one way or another, intelligence could still be emergent.

Electra

This is just my humble opinion on one of the q's.

Certain people *can* see the future, (well we all can, but some have more pre-dispassion)
as every single possibility *has* happened to some extent, we can have to access *records*
we see only *possibilities* because there isn't a final decision (in our 'reality') on which time line to take untill *it happens*
, as you can only *see* as to what that *personality*and/or *group consciousness* is going to do at that moment, but we all know we change a lot..

I think of it like a 'pick your own adventure book' you see all options are there, but you only *read* some of them each try.
some are more *popular* then others.

Time is a boggling thing, I like you!:rose:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Time Travel: From my lay knowledge gathered here and there you can travel into the past but only in a separate area of space beyond the boundary of visible light. You'd not be able to travel back to your own past or Earth's because of the distance and direction. The direction you travel matters, so you cannot cheat. If you go back you never reap the benefits, and you have to travel a long way. No one here will ever see any effect other than that you have left. Traveling fast forward is also a problem, because there's no easy way to travel to the place you have started from. For example you can't travel around the sun at the speed of light, because its hard enough to reach 80% of the speed of light in a straight line. Someone correct me if they know better. You could orbit a black hole at a distance and experience slower time, watching the rest of the universe age faster than you.

...What I have a difficult time understanding is how the future has already happened!...
Tangent to that I think if one wishes to pray for those in the past that the prayer should take the form of sincere personal action for the benefit of those in the present and future, otherwise it does not seem sincere to me. If there is no effort, then there is no prayer. Who with the power to change time would pay attention to idle words. This comes full circle to why people are obsessed with seeing the future. They need to focus on helping others instead, and they should see the future as something they are responsible for.

David T

Premium Member

; {>
Or it could also have been written my confirmational bias is affirmed by my confirmational bias" it is identical to newton's theory of light btw!!! And is standard scientific logic actually!!!

Last edited:

David T

Premium Member
IMO, Time is just a measure of change, which is why it seems to only go forward. Change is always new. You don't see the sun in the past but you see the current light that is available through the earth's atmosphere in the present. The light came from the Sun 8 minutes ago but you didn't see it on the sun and you don't see it with out change caused by the atmosphere. The same is for the planets except that will Telescopes in space you don't have to worry about our atmosphere just the planets you are looking at the delay is still the same as the speed of light is constant and there is change as in the red shift which is how will determine age. When you travel close to the speed of light(or the fastest change) you are changing at a slower rate while change is happening at the same rate all around you. You are not traveling in to the future just distance but so fast that you exceed your ability to see change. When you stop your ability to see change catches backup with you. If you exceed the speed of sound does sound stop and when you finally slow down does sound start again. Sound continues with you and when you finally stop catches back up with you. Its like your understanding of seeing the planets but after you slow down you move closer and closer to the planets so you actually see them as they are.
An inch is not real.

David T

Premium Member
Time Travel: From my lay knowledge gathered here and there you can travel into the past but only in a separate area of space beyond the boundary of visible light. You'd not be able to travel back to your own past or Earth's because of the distance and direction. The direction you travel matters, so you cannot cheat. If you go back you never reap the benefits, and you have to travel a long way. No one here will ever see any effect other than that you have left. Traveling fast forward is also a problem, because there's no easy way to travel to the place you have started from. For example you can't travel around the sun at the speed of light, because its hard enough to reach 80% of the speed of light in a straight line. Someone correct me if they know better. You could orbit a black hole at a distance and experience slower time, watching the rest of the universe age faster than you.

Tangent to that I think if one wishes to pray for those in the past that the prayer should take the form of sincere personal action for the benefit of those in the present and future, otherwise it does not seem sincere to me. If there is no effort, then there is no prayer. Who with the power to change time would pay attention to idle words. This comes full circle to why people are obsessed with seeing the future. They need to focus on helping others instead, and they should see the future as something they are responsible for.
Oh brick dont Dr who who this.ath isnt reality

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate

; {>

It's a great point; linear time is so intuitive to us, as much of our superficial experiences of the world are- so much so that many were claimed 'immutable laws' not so long ago..

One way to look at it,

Just because we can only occupy one space at a time, doesn't mean the rest don't exist, and similarly, just because we can only occupy one moment in time, does not erase the others-
so from the larger perspective, all time exists simultaneously.

All in all, we know the design of the universe is far more sophisticated than we once thought, or some even hoped! The superficial simplicity is an illusion produced by a larger underlying information system, just like this software

, that reality is incredibly finely tuned is beyond dispute now, to the point that atheists require an infinite probability machine (multiverse) to account for it without any creative input.

Not impossible I suppose, but I think there are far more probable explanations!

David T

Premium Member
Because they haven't explained the connection. Hence my asking.
It's called confirmational bias. Hell it's called logic by most. Newton's theory of light was totally confirmational bias Goethe laid it out in like 1800 in his theory of color in the intro. But because of confirmational bias it was ignored except by artists science is predicated on it religion basks in it.

David T

Premium Member
Well in a court of law the question would be called leading. Since it's leading it is not a valid question. It's starting with what appears as facts and create an experiment to prove what appears to be facts in science. This is Prelevant in science itself.

You believe you understand. the topic God but if you actually did you would not have created the post. Now atheists will argue with you while they having no idea the topic is true. They depend on your understanding. as their understanding of the topic. You validate their confirmational bias with your Confirmational bias. Which is identical to your "all truth starts in the cranium and books." That is absolutely false in religion and in science. Bad science, loves bad religion. Kiss kiss.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

; {>

The way I see it, the past and the future don't exist. Only now exists. You can't look into the future because it doesn't exist. You can't really look into the past. You can examine memories of past events but you are doing it now. The light rays/images of galaxies far away are reaching us now. Now is when you experience then, now is the only thing which exists in the entire universe. Nothing exists other than what exists now in this moment. As soon as that moment passes it no longer exists.

These ideas help me make sense of time. The now that you are experiencing is the same now that is experience by the entire universe. The past and the future do not exist anywhere except as abstract thoughts in your mind.

Time itself is an abstract concept which folks feel is real because of the abstract concepts of future and the past we create which also only exists in our minds.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
This is just my humble opinion on one of the q's.

Certain people *can* see the future, (well we all can, but some have more pre-dispassion)
as every single possibility *has* happened to some extent, we can have to access *records*
we see only *possibilities* because there isn't a final decision (in our 'reality') on which time line to take untill *it happens*
, as you can only *see* as to what that *personality*and/or *group consciousness* is going to do at that moment, but we all know we change a lot..

I think of it like a 'pick your own adventure book' you see all options are there, but you only *read* some of them each try.
some are more *popular* then others.

Time is a boggling thing, I like you!:rose:

I believe what folks are looking into is a concept of the future created by abstract thought. Sometimes that future we abstractly created comes to pass. Not because of our ability to "see into the future" but because of our experience and knowledge we can make somewhat accurate predictions of what might exist at some future point. A lot of this prediction may happen on a subconscious level so you are not even consciously aware of the thinking influencing your conscious concept of the future.

So some predictions made seem to come from a supernatural source.