• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They Are Coming For Your Guns!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
You said it Sunstone next thing you know they be calling us the New France and we will be eating French fries with FORKS!!!

OMG, Idav! Can you imagine where it will all end! Men fornicating with beasts! Women lusting after demons! No ketchup in sight for your fries! Even the gods will be stood on their heads! Run! Run, I say!

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I can't count the number of times I have heard on this forum that the Dem's do not want your firearms. Well guess that has just been found to be a false statement. Seems that the Illinois House just passed a law (65-41) that:
"Possession of assault-style weapons by anyone under 21 would be illegal under legislation that the Illinois House endorsed.

The plan sponsored by Democratic Rep. Michelle Mussman of Schaumburg would prohibit minors from buying or possessing high-capacity weapons, attachments, .50-caliber rifles and cartridges. They would have 90 days to transfer ownership."
Illinois House passes measure to raise assault-style weapon buying age to 21
Illinois General Assembly - Full Text of HB1465
So basically a watered down version of Raegan's ban? Are they suspending due process like Trump wants to do?

idav

Being
Premium Member
OMG, Idav! Can you imagine where it will all end! Men fornicating with beasts! Women lusting after demons! No ketchup in sight for your fries! Even the gods will be stood on their heads! Run! Run, I say!
Of course since 18 year olds will not be able to hunt beasts and demons proper without a proper assault style weapon, we will be overrun!

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe you should read HB1645.
It does say "shall not posses".
In other words if you are under 21 you can not have in your possession any of those restricted firearms and if mommy buys one for them they have now broken the law.
You know it might behoove one to read something before engaging the keyboard on your device. You know something like the saying "engage brain before engaging mouth".
Excellent. Great law. Warm applause.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Let me just say that the OP is simply just hogwash.

According to our history with the courts on this, some weapons can and have been banned almost continuously through American history, and there has been no attempt whatsoever to have all guns banned.

So, the repeated disingenuous tactic we see by some is that if one opposes any gun being banned, then we're "anti-gun" and the cry "they're coming for our guns!" is bellowed out from under their rocks. That is nothing short of utter dishonesty.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

According to our history with the courts on this, some weapons can and have been banned almost continuously through American history, and there has been no attempt whatsoever to have all guns banned.

So, the repeated disingenuous tactic we see by some is that if one opposes any gun being banned, then we're "anti-gun" and the cry "they're coming for our guns!" is bellowed out from under their rocks. That is nothing short of utter dishonesty.
If you'd read the OP carefully, it wasn't about the gun grabbers coming after "all" guns.
So be careful about histrionic accusations of being "disingenuous".

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Who was Raegan and what did he or she ban?:p
It is that Reagan who Conservatives love to idolize, who specified the AK-47--and called it a "machine gun"--saying machines guns are not for sport, defense, or hunting and regular civilians shouldn't have them.

esmith

Veteran Member

I'm somewhat surprised in your response, it is as if you didn't read the bill.
Let's look where you have gone horribly wrong
1. They are not banning any firearms, they are simply saying that if you are under 21 you can not have in your possession or purchase certain items. That if you do have in your possession you must surrender them to someone 21 or over and if you do not you are in violation of the law. In addition if anyone sells any of these products to someone under 21 they are committing a felony. I hear you now saying, what's wrong with requiring said person to transfer the said items to someone in their family. What about the person who is say 20 years old and has in their possession one of the said items and has no family. What do they require them to do? Surrender it to the State, sell it to someone who probably will not give them fair market price, or be in violation of the law by retaining said item?
2. Question. If you are under 21 and say own a Ruger PC Carbine and other like firearms can you legally own it under this new law? The answer is no. So, is the State requiring you to surrender that firearm? The answer is Yes. So I would say using a coarse statement "they are coming for your guns" .

So I would say that your entire post is utter dishonesty. Or do you not agree that points 1 and 2 are correct?

esmith

Veteran Member
It is that Reagan who Conservatives love to idolize, who specified the AK-47--and called it a "machine gun"--saying machines guns are not for sport, defense, or hunting and regular civilians shouldn't have them.
You do realize that the AK-47 is a fully automatic rifle. Yes it has been modified to be a semi-automatic rifle to comply with US laws governing fully automatic firearms.
However, your statement about President Reagan is not true, again showing that it is best to do ones research prior to making a statement.
However President Reagan did say, and I quote:
“I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense,” he said. “But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”
Oh by the way my source for the above is: Ronald Reagan on AK-47s

Again all persons make mistakes, including President Reagan. His mistake was calling the weapon used at the Purdy Cleveland Public School in Feb of 1989 a "machine gun". It was not, it was a semi-automatic rifle that was a version of the AK-47.
I know I will get called out for nitpicking. But being informed of facts to improve ones knowledge is not nitpicking.
However, it seems that there are those on both sides of the issue that need to improve ones knowledge.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You do realize that the AK-47 is a fully automatic rifle. Yes it has been modified to be a semi-automatic rifle to comply with US laws governing fully automatic firearms.
However, your statement about President Reagan is not true, again showing that it is best to do ones research prior to making a statement.
“I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense,” he said. “But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”
Oh by the way my source for the above is: Ronald Reagan on AK-47s

Again all persons make mistakes, including President Reagan. His mistake was calling the weapon used at the Purdy Cleveland Public School in Feb of 1989 a "machine gun". It was not, it was a semi-automatic rifle that was a version of the AK-47.
I know I will get called out for nitpicking. But being informed of facts to improve ones knowledge is not nitpicking.
However, it seems that there are those on both sides of the issue that need to improve ones knowledge.
I think RF needs a gun club, complete with lessons, loaners, & a very strict range officer.
This would improve the level of discussion.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense,” he said. “But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”
Everyone in America feels the same way.

To Members of the U.S. House of Representatives:
We are writing to urge your support for a ban on the domestic manufacture of military-style assault weapons. This is a matter of vital importance to the public safety. Although assualt weapons account for less than 1% of the guns in circulation, they account for nearly 10% of the guns traced to crime.