• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They Are Coming For Your Guns!

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm somewhat surprised in your response, it is as if you didn't read the bill.
Let's look where you have gone horribly wrong
1. They are not banning any firearms, they are simply saying that if you are under 21 you can not have in your possession or purchase certain items. That if you do have in your possession you must surrender them to someone 21 or over and if you do not you are in violation of the law. In addition if anyone sells any of these products to someone under 21 they are committing a felony. I hear you now saying, what's wrong with requiring said person to transfer the said items to someone in their family. What about the person who is say 20 years old and has in their possession one of the said items and has no family. What do they require them to do? Surrender it to the State, sell it to someone who probably will not give them fair market price, or be in violation of the law by retaining said item?
2. Question. If you are under 21 and say own a Ruger PC Carbine and other like firearms can you legally own it under this new law? The answer is no. So, is the State requiring you to surrender that firearm? The answer is Yes. So I would say using a coarse statement "they are coming for your guns" .

So I would say that your entire post is utter dishonesty. Or do you not agree that points 1 and 2 are correct?
And it is GOOD that the state is taking away the guns from the hands of under 21 olds. Just like booze.

esmith

Veteran Member
Nah. Sex does not kill or injure. Guns and drunken behavior often does.
Yes sex does kill
Do you know what the leading cause of death in the world is? Answer: birth.
Do you know what the major factor in causing birth in the world? Answer: sex
Therefor sex causes death.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes sex does kill
Do you know what the leading cause of death in the world is? Answer: birth.
Do you know what the major factor in causing birth in the world? Answer: sex
Therefor sex causes death.
I am pretty sure infant and maternal mortality is not the leading cause of death. Further birth simply precedes death, it does not cause it.

esmith

Veteran Member
I am pretty sure infant and maternal mortality is not the leading cause of death. Further birth simply precedes death, it does not cause it.
If you were not born you would not die, correct? Logic therefore dictates that being born cause one to die which leads to birth causes death.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If you were not born you would not die, correct? Logic therefore dictates that being born cause one to die which leads to birth causes death.
ad hoc ergo propter hoc is one of the most famous logical fallacies out there.
Being born doesn't cause you to die any more than it causes you to have breast cancer, since all breast cancer follows birth.

esmith

Veteran Member
ad hoc ergo propter hoc is one of the most famous logical fallacies out there.
Being born doesn't cause you to die any more than it causes you to have breast cancer, since all breast cancer follows birth.
Does not compute....Does not compute....Danger ADigitalArtist

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I can't count the number of times I have heard on this forum that the Dem's do not want your firearms.
In the UK we heard on the BBC News today that the Governor of Florida, a staunch Republican, has supported new gun control legislation.

So we don't believe that it's a Republican-Democrat 'thing' any more.

Well?

esmith

Veteran Member
In the UK we heard on the BBC News today that the Governor of Florida, a staunch Republican, has supported new gun control legislation.

So we don't believe that it's a Republican-Democrat 'thing' any more.

Well?
No but getting re-elected does

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
However, your statement about President Reagan is not true, again showing that it is best to do ones research prior to making a statement.
However President Reagan did say, and I quote:
“I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense,” he said. “But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”
You realize I said pretty much the same thing you are quoting as Reagan having said.

esmith

Veteran Member
You realize I said pretty much the same thing you are quoting as Reagan having said.

Well let's see, you said"

AK-47--and called it a "machine gun"--saying machines guns are not for sport, defense, or hunting and regular civilians shouldn't have them.
and President Reagan said
"I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense,” he said. “But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”
So let's compare:
You: AK-47--and called it a "machine gun"- Reagan "But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun"
So yes basically the same thing
You: saying machines guns are not for sport, defense, or hunting and regular civilians shouldn't have them. Reagan: " I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”
Well almost but not exactly. He did not say that civilians should not own them. Correct?
I know nitpicking again. But, when we basically say someone said something we should tell the truth and not embellish or change anything. Do you not agree.

esmith

Veteran Member
Oh, we're resorting to "you made a typo, therefore your point is invalid", huh? Well, when ya got nothing else...
Oh, my do we not have a sense of humor.
Well seems a lot of that is going around in the liberal community. So I forgive you for not seeing it as humor.