• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There is no argument to be used against a Messenger

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Surely a god would know what evidence is required and inform the messenger of such.

From what i understand, no messenger has provided any falsifiable evidence.

Well I see they are sound statements.

They are also the quandary we face when judging those that claim a Message.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The true messengers never make such claims. They are known by their fruits.

They One and all do make the Claim and it is by their fruits we come to know them.

One can not be a false claimant, if there are no claims.

It is also the same for us, if we claim faith in a Messenger, we will be known by our fruits.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see no quandary, I see a person saying 'i am gods messenger, believe me'.

Without falsifiable evidence that god sent the messenger what you have is either a liar, delusional or a schizophrenic.

You forgot the most logical choice.

Or they speak naught but the Truth.

Regards Tony

F1fan

Veteran Member
Then this OP is not for you.

Regards Tony
That's a cop out. If you have Truth then it applies to everyone. If you have Truth then you can answer the questions about it. If you are only offering a compromised "truth" that is only valid because people have decided it's true, then it isn't what you are implying when you refer to a God, because that is a word that has a presumption of applying to everyone. That's a terrible Truth. It's deceptive. Who would want it? Why expose that your "truth" is compromised and limited by personal whim?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Without falsifiable evidence they speak.

There is no way of determining if it's truth or not.

I see that is the only way we can determine if it is Truth. Why, because we are not the embodiment of that Truth but the Messengers are, that is a consequence of being given such a claim.

This is what they face, it is recorded in the Holy books the struggles they face with the knowledge of the trust they have been given.

So if we are shown by a Messenger what it is to be the embodiment of Truthfulness, we will be able to judge that against our own actions.

If we are told Truthfulness is the foundation of all virtues, then we can judge that against our own actions and against the actions of humanity as a whole. The Messengers will be the standard of that virtue.

Anyway, in the end we need the virtues to unfold for humanity, to enable us to embrace a unity of purpose. So let's hope that truthfulness wins through.

Regards Tony

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I see that is the only way we can determine if it is Truth. Why, because we are not the embodiment of that Truth but the Messengers are, that is a consequence of being given such a claim.

Sounds like circular double speak to feed confirmation bias

This is what they face, it is recorded in the Holy books the struggles they face with the knowledge of the trust they have been given

Coincident isn't it?
BTW. We all struggle at some point

So if we are shown by a Messenger what it is to be the embodiment of Truthfulness, we will be able to judge that against our own actions.

First you need to confirm the messenger is truthful. And so far no claimed messenger of god has provided falsifiable evidence that they are messengers of a god.

If we are told Truthfulness is the foundation of all virtues, then we can judge that against our own actions and against the actions of humanity as a whole. The Messengers will be the standard of that virtue.

Why? Assume the claimed messenger is lying then the whole faith is built on a lie. Assume the claimed messenger is schizophrenic then the whole faith is built on mental illness.

Anyway, in the end we need the virtues to unfold for humanity, to enable us to embrace a unity of purpose. So let's hope that truthfulness wins through.

What virtues, what purpose?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
You forgot the most logical choice.

Or they speak naught but the Truth.

Regards Tony
Except little white lies... like Abraham telling an Egyptian King that Sarah was his sister and not his wife. Oh, so when Baha'u'llah said that Noah taught his message for 950 years, that is true? No, there's always things that just aren't believable about some of these messengers. Or...the writers that told the story got it wrong. Do you believe that? Like when the writers have Jesus talking about demons and Satan and casting demons out of people, they got it wrong?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
They One and all do make the Claim and it is by their fruits we come to know them.

One can not be a false claimant, if there are no claims.

It is also the same for us, if we claim faith in a Messenger, we will be known by our fruits.

Regards Tony
Who says that a messanger of God has to claim to be a messanger of God?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Except little white lies... like Abraham telling an Egyptian King that Sarah was his sister and not his wife. Oh, so when Baha'u'llah said that Noah taught his message for 950 years, that is true? No, there's always things that just aren't believable about some of these messengers. Or...the writers that told the story got it wrong. Do you believe that? Like when the writers have Jesus talking about demons and Satan and casting demons out of people, they got it wrong?

It is all relevant to our capacity of understanding CG.

Yes all the Messengers are Truthful and Trustworthy, no shadow of doubt.

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
So prove it. Prove your general statement. Not just gossip.
You have to prove this. Give us even one single point as to how to differentiate between one who is called a prophet and a charlatan.

Wildswanderer said, "Let's not forget that Satan also has messagers and they lie for him." (Post # 71)
So Humility is on the list to look out for.
I see much humility in what Bahaollah wrote.
Who says that a messenger of God has to claim to be a messanger of God?
Yeah, exactly. They can do their work without claiming anything. If they are really messengers of any God, then God will make their words come true. No Indian sage or social reformer made any such claim.
Basically God does not even require their help. God can do whatever he desires on his own. Because of this, I doubt if there were any messengers.

Last edited: