• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theists, How do you know there is no being more powerful than God?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
That has nothing to do with circular.
Now you have created another uh... strawman, that you need to show how it relates to anything I said.
The first doesn't link, in any way, and this one is out the ball park.

Oh noes!! Not the “you’re wrong” argument!

Wow! You got me! I concede my position. :rolleyes:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Your question shows your lack of understanding of the definition of God. By its very nature and definition nothing is more powerful than God, if there is something that is more powerful than God, then that God, was never God to begin with.

Just quoting this for relevance.

Folks need to understand that when it comes to classical monotheism, their god being "most high" or "greatest" is axiomatic and critical to the very concept. Whether or not you agree with such a god-concept is certainly debatable (it certainly was to their classical polytheist contemporaries), but the nature of the classical monotheist god-concept in of itself is beyond debate. It's definitional and axiomatic - the end.