• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Walking Dead

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Carol is wonderful.

Does anyone else like Father Gabriel? I'm convinced I'm his biggest fan. He's not my favorite character,but he's one of my favorites, and I notice most people 100% hate him. I think he's adorable and much more realistic than a lot of the others. All of the "heroes" have outright murdered people, so I don't see why everyone hates him so much for simply letting people die to save himself. Rick and Carol have done worse. I think it's reasonable for someone to be cowardly and a bit less than moral during a zombie apocalypse, and he's clearly remorseful for what he did.

Glenn is my very favorite though. I've loved him since the beginning, and I'll love him until the end (which hopefully won't be any time soon...)

jonathan180iq

Let's just be clear and make sure it's stated that Carol single-handedly defended Alexandria from the Wolves...
Morgan beat up a couple of guys, sure. But it was Ninja Carol who defended key locations in the town and left the Wolves scattered inside the walls before they eventually turned tail and fled.

the-walking-dead-episode-602-morgan-james-3-935.jpg

Don't forget that it was Carol who sprung everyone from Terminus as well.

It's starting to take it's toll on her - but she's arguably the most valuable member of the team.

jonathan180iq

Does anyone else like Father Gabriel? I'm convinced I'm his biggest fan. He's not my favorite character,but he's one of my favorites, and I notice most people 100% hate him. I think he's adorable and much more realistic than a lot of the others. All of the "heroes" have outright murdered people, so I don't see why everyone hates him so much for simply letting people die to save himself. Rick and Carol have done worse. I think it's reasonable for someone to be cowardly and a bit less than moral during a zombie apocalypse, and he's clearly remorseful for what he did.

Father Gabriel showed remorse the first time last episode... That's a big flaw, I think. He must have been hiding in that church for a little over a year, and still hadn't come to terms with what he must have done to those people outside his doors... He even went so far as attempting to sabotage the entire group once he got to Alexandria. And I don't think there's any guarantee right now that what he said to Carl in the last episode about realizing his mistake was sincere.

You have to give people in this universe a lot of leeway, sure. And I think once he actually comes to terms with who he is and starts to become a valuable member of the group then all will be forgiven. But for right now, there's no telling which way he's going to go .

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Let's just be clear and make sure it's stated that Carol single-handedly defended Alexandria from the Wolves...
Morgan beat up a couple of guys, sure. But it was Ninja Carol who defended key locations in the town and left the Wolves scattered inside the walls before they eventually turned tail and fled.

the-walking-dead-episode-602-morgan-james-3-935.jpg

Don't forget that it was Carol who sprung everyone from Terminus as well.

It's starting to take it's toll on her - but she's arguably the most valuable member of the team.
Capable Carol certainly gets the job done, but what impresses me is her keen &
pragmatic understanding of the situation, & her resolve to do what needs to be done.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Father Gabriel showed remorse the first time last episode... That's a big flaw, I think. He must have been hiding in that church for a little over a year, and still hadn't come to terms with what he must have done to those people outside his doors... He even went so far as attempting to sabotage the entire group once he got to Alexandria. And I don't think there's any guarantee right now that what he said to Carl in the last episode about realizing his mistake was sincere.

You have to give people in this universe a lot of leeway, sure. And I think once he actually comes to terms with who he is and starts to become a valuable member of the group then all will be forgiven. But for right now, there's no telling which way he's going to go .

I think he showed remorse before that. I don't remember what exactly he said, but I got the feeling he was very much remorseful during the season 5 finale too. And I take his "sabotage" of the group in Alexandria to mean more than just "I suck," but also "I've watched these people murder other people and legitimately feel like they are a threat to Alexandria." Rick and his people totally murdered all of The Hunters in Gabriel's church, and Gabriel wasn't at Terminus. He didn't experience what Rick and Rick's group did. Season 1 Rick wouldn't have killed them. And Gabriel, due to having been hidden away from the world all this time, is sort of in season 1 mode. Just think how all the season 1 characters would react to their season 5/6 selves. They'd probably be pretty scared too.

I just try to view the situation from Father Gabriel's eyes. He's been all alone for about a year. He did something awful and would probably rather forget about it, so he kind of tries not to mention it. He already feels bad or he would have just told everyone the truth from the start. He's out in the woods, after having lived alone all this time, and a group of really rough-looking strangers comes up to him. They are all armed and seem pretty angry. (He doesn't know anything about where they've just come from.) They all come into his home, still all armed. He doesn't know what they might do... I'd be pretty nervous already, before they even did anything. Then The Hunters (Gareth and his crew) come to kill them, but The Hunters are rather easily disarmed and pretty much surrendering. Rick and his group hack them to pieces anyway. To Gabriel, that looks pretty brutal. Even to some of the people in Rick's group, that would have looked pretty brutal. Glenn and Morgan, to name a couple, probably would not have killed the Terminus people, and they know and like Rick. Father Gabriel didn't know any of them. To him, they were just a large group of really violent strangers.

The worst thing Gabriel did was leave his church friends outside to die. He knew them. He could have risked his own well being to save many other people. But he didn't. He clearly feels bad. It's in the past. And he's ready to move on. I know he's done some bad things, but I'm totally willing to forgive him and see where his character goes from here.

And it certainly helps that Seth Gilliam is adorable. :D I found his signature under the Woodbury Shoppe in Senioa:

104_4053_zpsnap1grg2.jpg

Speaking of which, have any of you guys been to Senioa? Are you crazy-people Walking Dead fans? Or regular-people Walking Dead fans? I prefer to never just be a regular fan of anything. I've always got to overdo it.

jonathan180iq

I think he showed remorse before that. I don't remember what exactly he said, but I got the feeling he was very much remorseful during the season 5 finale too. And I take his "sabotage" of the group in Alexandria to mean more than just "I suck," but also "I've watched these people murder other people and legitimately feel like they are a threat to Alexandria." Rick and his people totally murdered all of The Hunters in Gabriel's church, and Gabriel wasn't at Terminus. He didn't experience what Rick and Rick's group did. Season 1 Rick wouldn't have killed them. And Gabriel, due to having been hidden away from the world all this time, is sort of in season 1 mode. Just think how all the season 1 characters would react to their season 5/6 selves. They'd probably be pretty scared too.

I just try to view the situation from Father Gabriel's eyes. He's been all alone for about a year. He did something awful and would probably rather forget about it, so he kind of tries not to mention it. He already feels bad or he would have just told everyone the truth from the start. He's out in the woods, after having lived alone all this time, and a group of really rough-looking strangers comes up to him. They are all armed and seem pretty angry. (He doesn't know anything about where they've just come from.) They all come into his home, still all armed. He doesn't know what they might do... I'd be pretty nervous already, before they even did anything. Then The Hunters (Gareth and his crew) come to kill them, but The Hunters are rather easily disarmed and pretty much surrendering. Rick and his group hack them to pieces anyway. To Gabriel, that looks pretty brutal. Even to some of the people in Rick's group, that would have looked pretty brutal. Glenn and Morgan, to name a couple, probably would not have killed the Terminus people, and they know and like Rick. Father Gabriel didn't know any of them. To him, they were just a large group of really violent strangers.

The worst thing Gabriel did was leave his church friends outside to die. He knew them. He could have risked his own well being to save many other people. But he didn't. He clearly feels bad. It's in the past. And he's ready to move on. I know he's done some bad things, but I'm totally willing to forgive him and see where his character goes from here.

And it certainly helps that Seth Gilliam is adorable. :D I found his signature under the Woodbury Shoppe in Senioa:

104_4053_zpsnap1grg2.jpg

Speaking of which, have any of you guys been to Senioa? Are you crazy-people Walking Dead fans? Or regular-people Walking Dead fans? I prefer to never just be a regular fan of anything. I've always got to overdo it.
This is a pretty fair break-down...

I'm still going to hold out putting my faith in his redemption until he proves himself after what just happened in Alexandria.

And for the record, I'm a crazy walking dead fan. So you're in good company.

10x6a3b.jpg

bdo9ro.jpg

25hzh43.jpg

2wh4lxz.jpg

30aq0yt.jpg

...Just as an example...

jonathan180iq

There's plenty more. I hung out with Michael Rooker some and got to snap a photo with Scott Wilson... He's basically Hershel in real life too; a very sweet man.

Surely you recognize Terminus, the "Hospital" and Morgan's house in the other photos, right?

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Yes. i recognized them. When I was looking up Walking dead places to see, I saw that some of the actual houses were listed but I felt too awkward to seek them out since people lived in them. I haven't actually visited any of the places besides the town of Senoia. The first time I went was on the way back from florida, with my mom and sister, and we were just driving through since it was sort of on the way home, so we stopped for less than an hour and looked around. The second time I was in the area for a wedding and was on a tight time-schedule. That was in september. i almost didn't even go that time because I was in a town near Atlanta for the wedding and was pressed for time. i'm glad I went though. i had tea at the woodbury coffee house. I love senoia. i wish I lived closer.

I once had a dream with Michael Rooker in it. I dreamed he was at Walgreens and he stole my money. He was just joking though. I have Walking dead dreams all the time actually. Sometimes I'm myself and sometimes I'm one of the characters. I've been Glenn and I've been Sophia.

Did/do you read the comics? I read most of them but stopped probably near where this season's going to end. I'd read the rest of them but the only place online I can find to do so has each page by itself and it takes too long to load them. I do regularly look up what's going on in the comics though, and look up spoilers for the show when I can. I love spoilers.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He's alright. Depending on who you're talking about...... I guess a lot of people died.
We saw him lying there in that sea of walkers surrounding the dumpster.
Intestines erupted, but they could've been from the shot in the head & definitely dead companion.
Even if our hero were still intact for the moment, no rescue is imminent.
As much as I want him to live, if he somehow does, this would be a shark jumping point in the show.

jonathan180iq

Guys... They ran back into a fenced in alley, surrounded on all sides by walkers, and then fell into a sea of hungry ghouls. It's over...

I really wish there hadn't been a message of pseudo-hope delivered by Gimple on the Talking Dead. It really took away from the emotional toll the death scene, I think. These shows are good because of character depth, and that can only stay true if there is a constant and real threat of death following almost every decision. If this character makes it out of an obviously inescapable situation, it will remove that layer or risk and realism and place him squarely in the realm of the supernatural, which I think would be a big mistake.

Demonslayer

As much as I want him to live, if he somehow does, this would be a shark jumping point in the show.

What if he is intact and crawls inside his dead compadre, a la Luke and the Tauntaun in Empire Strikes Back? He could hide in there until the horde moves on.

A reach of colossal proportions I guess.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
It appears, given what I've read and heard on Talking Dead last night, that a certain someone's time on the show is not quite over, even if survival wasn't possible, as this someone may appear in some way in future episodes, be it through flash back or something else.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

The shock value of last night's episode was enough for me, personally.

But, perhaps, they'll masterfully find of way of developing a character that I've found to be pretty useless emotionally now for the last two seasons. We'll see.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
We saw him lying there in that sea of walkers surrounding the dumpster.
Intestines erupted, but they could've been from the shot in the head & definitely dead companion.
Even if our hero were still intact for the moment, no rescue is imminent.

I agree. How they go about tying up the loose ends will be quite interesting.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Maybe the organs that appeared to be ripped from Glenn were in fact Nicholas' as it did appear that his body fell on top of him, but that might be a bit of a stretch, and would perhaps be a bit 'cheap' if that turned out to be the case.

But the saddest part of the episode was the poor puppies and such that starved to death in the pet shop (you could see their skeletal remains in the cages).

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What if he is intact and crawls inside his dead compadre, a la Luke and the Tauntaun in Empire Strikes Back? He could hide in there until the horde moves on.

A reach of colossal proportions I guess.

That would work with a decaying corpse (whenever they use blood or bodies as "camouflage" it's always that of walkers), but not with a fresh one, especially not while they're in the process of eating it. ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It appears, given what I've read and heard on Talking Dead last night, that a certain someone's time on the show is not quite over, even if survival wasn't possible, as this someone may appear in some way in future episodes, be it through flash back or something else.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

The shock value of last night's episode was enough for me, personally.

But, perhaps, they'll masterfully find of way of developing a character that I've found to be pretty useless emotionally now for the last two seasons. We'll see.
I can live with flashbacks.