• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Walking Dead

Splarnst

I watched the first season on Netflix. I don't have cable or satellite, so I can't watch the second season until it's over. Looking forward to it though!

A

angellous_evangellous

It's the greatest zombie story ever told.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
I didn't like it! :sorry1: Too formulaic and...I can't remember, exactly, it's been a while.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I didn't like it! :sorry1: Too formulaic and...I can't remember, exactly, it's been a while.
They do depend too much on people keeping secrets from each other in order to create conflict.
Famous writer's trick #12.

Songbird

They do depend too much on people keeping secrets from each other in order to create conflict.
Famous writer's trick #12.

I've been pretty sick of TV and movies for a while, so I guess I didn't have much patience for worn formulas. :cover: I liked the premise, though.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've been pretty sick of TV and movies for a while, so I guess I didn't have much patience for worn formulas. :cover: I liked the premise, though.
I suppose that forumlas are omnipresent.
But when something is skillfully done, & I don't notice it, that's success.
It brings to mind some favorites:
The Wire
Deadwood
Breaking Bad
Rubicon

Songbird

I suppose that forumlas are omnipresent.
But when something is skillfully done, & I don't notice it, that's success.
It brings to mind some favorites:
The Wire
Deadwood
Breaking Bad
Rubicon

Think I'll check out that list. I'm on the first season of Breaking Bad at the moment.

gnomon

Anyone else watching this show? I love zombies!

haha :D

I've been watching and enjoying the show.

However, as with most American productions, I hope the show doesn't get bogged down in filler, repetitive stories, etc. that often happen to shows such as Lost, House and pretty much most American productions.

The mid-season finale was so good that I do look forward to the season picking back up but they need to move the story forward.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Love it. :yes:

Purposely haven't watched the last episode of the season yet, saving it for a rainy day.

Most realistic looking zombies of any production ever. And I live in California, I know what zombies look like.

Songbird

Love it. :yes:

Purposely haven't watched the last episode of the season yet, saving it for a rainy day.

Most realistic looking zombies of any production ever. And I live in California, I know what zombies look like.

FINE.

You people.

Maybe I should give it more of a chance? I think I watched three eps.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
FINE.

You people.

Maybe I should give it more of a chance? I think I watched three eps.

I would first recommend that you do what I did and watch about a zillion zombie movies. After you see just how badly made almost all of those are, you'll get a craving for a decent zombie flick, and the Walking Dead will seem like high art.