• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The snake didn´t lie, God cheated

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The talking snake [serpent] in Eden is Satan the Devil according to Revelation 12 vs 9,12.

That had nothing to do with the general animal creation of earth's snakes, but rather the angelic cherub who used one serpent as his tool, or used the serpent as a ventriloquist would use a dummy.

Satan [that snake in the grass] was real to Jesus. Jesus referred to or quoted from the Genesis account as real. Jesus even really believed he was related to Adam didn't he ?

look3467

Premium Member
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Question for you, are there more than one way to deceive?

Would you even venture to think a thought that the Jews were deceived into not believing in Jesus as their Messiah?

Recall reading about the rod that Moses "Cast" down and became a serpent? Recall reading where the following verse applies to the same: Num 21:8 And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.
1. Make a fiery serpent: At God's creation story, mankind is given intelligence, the world's lust, to the eyes, to the touch is our demise unless, we overcome it.

2. set it on a pole: signifies a picture of a future event. (A stake or a cross?)

3.It shall come to pass: That event when it passes (It did) the serpent's power is defeated.

4.Every one that bitten when looking at the fiery serpent shall live.

Those that look at Jesus on the cross and are called shall live forever?

If by one, the whole world was deceived, wouldn't it be equally so that by one the whole world would also be deceived into believing that Jesus is our Savior?

One thing is to understand how we interpret deceived, because we were not given a choice whether we wanted to experience this life or not, but we are here.
Can we understand why? And can we also understand by what means our being deceived is turned into blessed life everlasting?

If you can believe in those three words in red, you will understand that we were never deceived, but rather blessed.

Also notice that in that verse you quoted that there are four (4) distinct actions?

Divide the day Jesus was crucified by 4, and you will get Jesus recreating heaven and earth by those same 4 actions all in one day. (Spiritually speaking, of course.)

Blessings, AJ

kjw47

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Question for you, are there more than one way to deceive?

Would you even venture to think a thought that the Jews were deceived into not believing in Jesus as their Messiah?

Recall reading about the rod that Moses "Cast" down and became a serpent? Recall reading where the following verse applies to the same: Num 21:8 And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.
1. Make a fiery serpent: At God's creation story, mankind is given intelligence, the world's lust, to the eyes, to the touch is our demise unless, we overcome it.

2. set it on a pole: signifies a picture of a future event. (A stake or a cross?)

3.It shall come to pass: That event when it passes (It did) the serpent's power is defeated.

4.Every one that bitten when looking at the fiery serpent shall live.

Those that look at Jesus on the cross and are called shall live forever?

If by one, the whole world was deceived, wouldn't it be equally so that by one the whole world would also be deceived into believing that Jesus is our Savior?

One thing is to understand how we interpret deceived, because we were not given a choice whether we wanted to experience this life or not, but we are here.
Can we understand why? And can we also understand by what means our being deceived is turned into blessed life everlasting?

If you can believe in those three words in red, you will understand that we were never deceived, but rather blessed.

Also notice that in that verse you quoted that there are four (4) distinct actions?

Divide the day Jesus was crucified by 4, and you will get Jesus recreating heaven and earth by those same 4 actions all in one day. (Spiritually speaking, of course.)

Blessings, AJ

Jesus summed up recieving the gift of grace, at Matt 7:21--- Those who do the will of the father in heaven will enter his kingdom.

look3467

Premium Member
Jesus summed up recieving the gift of grace, at Matt 7:21--- Those who do the will of the father in heaven will enter his kingdom.

Guess what? None was able!Who is none? Well, one of the none-s is all of us (Who were not able) and the other none is Jesus. (Who was able)

Rev 2:26 And he (Meaning Jesus) that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him (Meaning Jesus) will I give power over the nations:

You see, He, being the power of God to endure where no man could, did it in our behalf, if it were not so, then it would be left to us to save ourselves.......and you know what an impossibility that is.

Blessings, AJ

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Remember the 'serpent' in Eden was Not in connection to snakes in general.
Satan used that serpent as a ventriloquist would use a dummy.
Except we need not remember that because God does not say this; he says the serpent is an animal, directly, and curses him to live in his current state. He is directly called an animal by God, in Genesis.

That 'snake in the grass', so to speak, did not have to speak but just appear to speak.
Balderdash, he is directly quoted in scripture.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Except we need not remember that because God does not say this; he says the serpent is an animal, directly, and curses him to live in his current state. He is directly called an animal by God, in Genesis.
Balderdash, he is directly quoted in scripture.

Satan as the serpent is quoted.
The animal of Genesis 3 v 14 is Not the literal snakes but directed to > Satan as serpent.
Saying to the serpent he would eat dust is as we would say today 'bite the dust' [ die ].
In verse 15 Satan 'bites the dust' because Jesus [ promised seed ] will deal a fatal destructive crushing bruise to Satan's head.- Romans 16 v 20; Hebrews 2 v 14 B

kjw47

Guess what? None was able!Who is none? Well, one of the none-s is all of us (Who were not able) and the other none is Jesus. (Who was able)

Rev 2:26 And he (Meaning Jesus) that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him (Meaning Jesus) will I give power over the nations:

You see, He, being the power of God to endure where no man could, did it in our behalf, if it were not so, then it would be left to us to save ourselves.......and you know what an impossibility that is.

Blessings, AJ

Actually Paul likened it to running a race--one must cross the finish line to win a race--thus--Those who endure till the end will be saved. endure= takes a 24/7 battle against the ruler of this world=satan. There are a few things that are required on the mortals part to enter Gods kingdom.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Who gives the Revelation to John to write down according to Revelation 1 vs 1,19______
If you are asking me, John of Patmos simply had an hallucinatory vision, he did not receive it from God. Especially since he gets details like this wrong, contrary to what Genesis specifically says :) John spoke from talking points made by Paul of tarsus, who also got things horribly wrong, and was merely making human commentary. That's why he made this error.

Revelation cannot trump Genesis.

Last edited:

marshjohn

And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

So, it was not eating from the knowledge tree that made human die, it was God not letting him keep eating from the tree of life.

The snake was right. God said so (in that myth at least) because he did not want the man to be like him. He says exactly that and takes away the fruit just because of that.

I mean, it would have simply been more honest to just tell the man "don´t eat that fruit because I will not let you keep living on anymore" He made it out as if it was poisonous.

Why even put the tree there then?

It´s just such a poor management o.0

Furthermore, the more sense would be that there really were more than one gods there. I mean, only one being would need to at least have a couple of personality disorders to be that incongruent.

Whew ! So,Finally Peoples are waking up to the truth. Glad to see this. But sad,it took centuries for humanity to see the truth that is "HIDDEN" in the holy texts.

marshjohn

Read this verse very carefully. " Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air......."
Now Did you notice something? "LET US" ? this assures that there are more than one god in bible. A singular person obviously would use "LET ME" and it's not a printing text mistake LMAO !

Last edited:

kjw47

Read this verse very carefully. " Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air......."
Now Did you notice something? "LET US" ? this assures that there are more than one god in bible. A singular person obviously would use "LET ME" and it's not a printing text mistake LMAO !

Jehovah was creating everything through the being who came and was called Jesus-- that is the us, it does not say there is more than a single being who is God.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

First of all, God/god is a title not a personal name.

Who was the first creation by God according to Revelation 3 v 14 ?________

So, the 'us' is that God is talking to the pre-human heavenly Jesus who was the beginning of the creation by God [YHWH]. All other things come through Jesus Not directly from God but through Jesus.
- Colossians 1 v 15; Psalm 89 v 27; Ephesians 3 v 9

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And further "in *OUR* image" makes sure that there are more than one person that is deceiving in there. Lol

Think of a family business.
The Father has a business, and takes his son into the business.
God [YHWH] is in the business of creation. He takes in his only-begotten heavenly Son.
Through the pre-human Jesus they make man in 'our' [their] image.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Whew ! So,Finally Peoples are waking up to the truth. Glad to see this. But sad,it took centuries for humanity to see the truth that is "HIDDEN" in the holy texts.

Isn't Genesis 2 v 17 clear: you eat, you die ?

What hidden holy texts are you referring ?

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
Have you ever even considered taking the time to avail yourself of the available Jewish commentary on the text? Why not?

Everyone has the right to uninformed opinions but I see little value in abusing that right.

The JPS Commentary comes to mind. Both would require a purchase or library visit. Moving beyond easily accessible Jewish commentary there is also resources such as NICOT.

My only wish would be that people respected the topic enough to offer informed opinions or thoughtful questions.
I'm sorry to be such a dullard, but are you suggesting that one can not form an 'informed opinion' by reading the bible without Jewish commentary? And I"m not understanding your complaint of disrespect. It seems the OP made a brief, but fair, analysis of his read. Apologies if I have missed something.

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
Deception means close to but twisted the truth.

And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

It says that humans are like us, they can judge good and evil now. But it never mean to say that humans can judge good and evil as precisely as God does. Just like what you are doing now, you are like God to judge everything including "judging God" and "judging His words" in this very thread. But it by no means says that your judgment is correct.

However, to have a look at what the serpent says,

You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.

Here, it means to say that not only you will be able to judge, but also that you will be like God (as precise as He does in judgments). That's where the deception is from.

As for stopping them from eating from the Tree of Life. The verse means to say that "they can judge good and evil now (but without God's precision), the consequence will be serious if they are allowed to eat from the Tree of Life too.

Humans judge by their intelligence, just like you do in this single thread, the motive behind however is to rebel against God. So understand this exact circumstance, if you are given the eternal life in heaven, the consequence will be serious. As a result, it's better that your kind should be blocked from reaching heaven.

That's pretty much what the Bible would like to say, while I added its life application here.
Perhaps I should stay away from this thread. It seems I will have to apologize fro being a dullard again. How is it that you know what these verses mean to say? What commentary are you reading pleas?