• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The sick concept of Eternal hell suffering.

mickiel

So what you are saying is that there is no life after death?

How in the world of reason and reading you got that from what I said, I'll never know. I have never stated, in my life of writting, that there is no life after death. You see, this is why I do not favor talking with christians. You say one thing, and they get another thing from it, just like they do the bible. They read one thing, and get a total differing meaning from it.

I repeat, and I have given the scriptures, God said other than him there are no more Gods. What God says is greater than what christians are saying. God can never die, Jesus died once, he is not God, he is the son of God.

Just like we are the sons of God, but we are not God.

Peace.

allie2189

The concept that you're struggling with is a concept all Christians struggle with. trust me, youre not the first one to wrestle with the idea that a God of love and mercy could possibly send his children to a place of eternal pain and punishment. But think about it like this.. how could there be any good in the world without the bad? without punishment what motivation is there for doing good? in other words, how is heaven seen as a reward if that's the only after-life destination that exists?.. I know that the idea of damnation still seems much too evil and terrible to justify, and to tell you the truth, I dont think we'll ever find a solid justification for why God allows this. But keep in mind that the people sent to hell are sent there by their own personal choice. the ones whom God chooses to punish will be the ones who "hate the Lord" (see Psalm 8:15-16). So this God that you are speaking of, the God of love, mercy, patience and joy IS in fact exemplifying all of these things clearly throughout our lives. it's those that willingly choose to ignore his love, turn away from his mercy, and push away his joy and patience that are also choosing to spend eternity without him, this being the ultimate punishment for their decisions.

mickiel

The concept that you're struggling with is a concept all Christians struggle with. trust me, youre not the first one to wrestle with the idea that a God of love and mercy could possibly send his children to a place of eternal pain and punishment. But think about it like this.. how could there be any good in the world without the bad? without punishment what motivation is there for doing good? in other words, how is heaven seen as a reward if that's the only after-life destination that exists?.. I know that the idea of damnation still seems much too evil and terrible to justify, and to tell you the truth, I dont think we'll ever find a solid justification for why God allows this. But keep in mind that the people sent to hell are sent there by their own personal choice. the ones whom God chooses to punish will be the ones who "hate the Lord" (see Psalm 8:15-16). So this God that you are speaking of, the God of love, mercy, patience and joy IS in fact exemplifying all of these things clearly throughout our lives. it's those that willingly choose to ignore his love, turn away from his mercy, and push away his joy and patience that are also choosing to spend eternity without him, this being the ultimate punishment for their decisions.

I find your view of this as weak as I do christians, and I am happy that these views willnot determine our future. The salvation of humanity is not based on their choices, most people would simply choose not to be with God. God knows this, and he wouldnot set up salvation based on human choice. Your view would effectively doom much of humanity, as would the christian view. There is no such place as hell.

The Lake of fire is what you are trying to call this hell you believe in. There is a lake of fire, and God will use it, but not how you doomsayers are believing he will.

I have been around this sick view of God for so long, that I grow tired of it. God is not demented, humans are. He would no more keep humans alive in suffering for all of eternity, than he would leave salvation up to their weak minds of choice.

People who believe in eternal hell simply do not know God, they just do not know how God is. Moreover, this sick concept just continues to prove to me just how duped and deceived many believers in God are.

When they were killing Jesus, Jesus told God to forgive them because they really didnot know what they were doing. Believers in God who have accepted this teaching of hell, simply do not know what they are believing, and just do not realize what the death of Christ accomplished.

It accomplished the complette total forgiveness of ALL of sinful humanity.

The shortsightedness of christians will not dictate what God will do and what Christ has done.

Peace.

God created sin through man. He created his own scapegoat.

Wrong again. God created man with the capacity to sin, because He didn't want our love by force. We decided that our understanding of the world, a.k.a. the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil, was greater than God's, and so we chose a path other than God's. That is the nature of sin. And, with no hostility intended, scapegoat for what?

mickiel

When Spiritual things are left to christians to explain, they will cause confusion every time. This is why there is confusion. When a christian enters into a conversation, confusion enters. Any message board will bear this out.

They argue, they bite each other, they selfishly debate the concept of eternal hell suffering, because they WANT and DESIRE sinners to suffer.

Inside, they want God to punish.

Peace.

trojanftball99

God created sin through man. He created his own scapegoat.

that doesn't even make sense, scapegoat for what? man disobeying? God is a perfect and infinite creature that can't have anything to do with sin therefore He can in no way create sin, that's just preposterous. Genesis says that all God made was good. Everything was perfect until man disobeyed.

trojanftball99

When Spiritual things are left to christians to explain, they will cause confusion every time. This is why there is confusion. When a christian enters into a conversation, confusion enters. Any message board will bear this out.

They argue, they bite each other, they selfishly debate the concept of eternal hell suffering, because they WANT and DESIRE sinners to suffer.

Inside, they want God to punish.

Peace.

since 50% of these posts are arguments against any sort of explanation going against a non christian belief from non-christians such as yourself and justwondering

mickiel

since 50% of these posts are arguments against any sort of explanation going against a non christian belief from non-christians such as yourself and justwondering

Well I hold no control over who speaks on a post, but I can see for myself the uselessness of two or more christians speaking their points of view. Its as if they think that they speak for God, or that they are special or something.

It is this aittitude that deceives the world. A very people who claim themselves annointed, are in fact being used by the powers of darkness to distort the light.

Peace.

trojanftball99

Well I hold no control over who speaks on a post, but I can see for myself the uselessness of two or more christians speaking their points of view. Its as if they think that they speak for God, or that they are special or something.

It is this aittitude that deceives the world. A very people who claim themselves annointed, are in fact being used by the powers of darkness to distort the light.

Peace.

many of the points of view are special because they come from the holy bible. if we simply determine the meaning behind it and explain it then of course its special. it should be separate from just a random opinion that isn't backed up by anything except for observation. Its not necessarily speaking for God but relaying what God has already said through the scriptures.

mickiel

I believe Christians manipulate scriptures to hold up their true hearts desire. Hell is prevalent in their thoughts, because they truly desire that most humans be lost. So they search the scriptures, not for the life of humans who do not believe, but for their torture and pain.

Christianity has been unmasked to me, they do not know God, do not know the power of Jesus death toward the salvation of evil people, they do not know how to forgive. The bible teachs that one should forgive, with no limits to it, 77 times 7, meaning no matter what they do, or how long they do it, forgive!

Because thats how God is.

Its just not how christians are.

Peace.

The salvation of humanity is not based on their choices, most people would simply choose not to be with God. God knows this, and he wouldnot set up salvation based on human choice. Your view would effectively doom much of humanity, as would the christian view. There is no such place as hell.

The Lake of fire is what you are trying to call this hell you believe in. There is a lake of fire, and God will use it, but not how you doomsayers are believing he will.

I have been around this sick view of God for so long, that I grow tired of it. God is not demented, humans are. He would no more keep humans alive in suffering for all of eternity, than he would leave salvation up to their weak minds of choice.

First of all, how can you say that most people would reject God when only 8% of the world is atheistic, compared to 33% that believe in Christianity and 59% that believe in other religions. Obviously, for one reason or another, we believe there is something bigger out there, so it would make sense that God allow us to choose to believe something we are already searching for. Secondly, how do you know for a fact that there is no Hell when you have no semblance of evidence other than your own opinion of how the God of the universe should do things? At least I am getting my argument from an outside source (the Bible), where is your backup? Just because things aren't done the way you would do them doesn't give you the right to utterly discount the possibility that they exist.

Last edited:
To add to that, why would you want to believe in a God that you could fully comprehend (unless you believed there is no God), because if you could comprehend God, you could do what He would do all of the time, and there would be no need for Him.

mickiel

To add to that, why would you want to believe in a God that you could fully comprehend (unless you believed there is no God), because if you could comprehend God, you could do what He would do all of the time, and there would be no need for Him.

I consider the thoughts of christians as elementary, although I think they mean well. I mean not all of them are as I say, some think in terms of grace being as powerful as God. I don't view God as a parent who would abort his children, just because they do not believe in him. That is a human thing. God is not human, and us sinners are fortunate of that, just as we are blessed that christians do not control salvation. Isaiah 40:17;" All the nations are as nothing before God, they are reguarded by him as less than nothing and meaningless."

This is how God views our opinions of what he will do. To our shame, believers in God are willing to doom each other. Of course because of our selfishness, we include ourselves in his salvation, and exclude others. Its because we have inherited lies, Jer.16:19, things which do not profit humanity, but only ourselves. In Jer.23:11, God himself states that believers in him are polluted, which is why they teach pollution and damnation.

In Job 23:13, God reveals his desire, which is absolutely different than christian desire. What God desires, that he does. In 1Tim. 2:4, God desires that ALL humans be saved, and he will get what he desires. Christians desire much differently, they want God to eleminate sinners and unbelievers.

Those desires are meaningless to me as well. Your hell is not Gods desire.

Peace.

Ok. The Isaiah verse is true, that we are nothing to God. He could choose not to give a rip about what we do, but for some reason, He does, and has given us a way to salvation that we could not have made on our own, but we must choose for ourselves. As for the other points, you seemingly make a good point, but several of those verses are taken out of context. Jeremiah 16:19 says of the Lord, “the Gentiles shall come to thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, ‘surely our fathers have inherited lies’”. When this verse was written, the Gentiles were anyone who did not follow the Judaic God, who is now my Christian God. The verse says that the Gentiles will discover God and realize that they have believed lies, not that God’s own people have inherited lies. Jeremiah 23:11 refers to prophets of Baal that have come into Israel to turn God’s people away from Him, and a false prophet has been defined as someone who wishes to turn a follower of Christ completely away from Him and His Father. God through Jeremiah is not referring at all to his own people as the false prophets, so that verse is inapplicable as well. As for God’s will, yes He does wish that all people be saved, and He has given mankind a way to be saved, but He will not allow us to wallow in our sinful filth and expect to be cleansed by virtue of us being loved by Him. Since you use the Bible for your evidence, you must believe what it says, so how can you reject the verse in II Thessalonians 1:8-9 that says God will, “in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power" Jesus says in Matthew 25:41, 46 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels" . . . And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." If you believe what the Bible says, how can you just blow these verses off and say that God will not punish unbelievers for eternity?

that doesn't even make sense, scapegoat for what? man disobeying? God is a perfect and infinite creature that can't have anything to do with sin therefore He can in no way create sin, that's just preposterous. Genesis says that all God made was good. Everything was perfect until man disobeyed.

God created us to be sinners. So, obviously he definitely had something to do with sin and everything he created was not good.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

I can comprehend Michael Phelps, but there's no way I could ever win an Olympic gold medal.

science_is_my_god

Philosophical Monist
What if "god" created us for evil? What if god is "all-hating" and not "all-loving?"
Why do most religions believe that "god" is the good guy in all this? Is it impossible, assuming a god even exists, for a god to have his own selfish, cynical motivations? Maybe "god" is a sadist and doesn't give a CRAP about humanity. Maybe the universe is a chess board, and we are the pawns, just waiting to be sacrificed for him to gain position?