• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The sick concept of Eternal hell suffering.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
I really am looking to understand God, but not this God that humans teach, but the real God of Love , Joy and Peace. Not this God of eternal hell punishing, but the God of Patience, forgiveness and Mercy. You know, the real God, not this insane lunatic that many are trying to pass God off as being. You know, this lunatic that will place humans in this eternal Pain amphlipier and punish them for billions upon trillions of untold time and on into infinity. I just can't imagine how out of control this hell fire belief has gotten. And how much these bloodthirsty christians who teach it have ruined Gods reputation.

The eternal punishing of anything, muchless a human, is a sick concept, yet many believers have swallowed it into their belief, hook, line and sinker. And THAT is evidence of just how much foolishness we will absorb.

Peace.

It seems you are the fast track of creating your own version of a god, which by the way is anyone's prerogative!

To make a god be whatever you imagine and that allows you do or think just about anything you desire, well, this certainly is a god that one would be a fool not to follow.No limits, no accountability or consequences, how sublime is that !!!!

to save beings that He desperately loved but who rejected Him.

So God's ultimatum is "love me or I'll hurt you!"? So God is like a jealous, obsessive and abusive husband? If he can't have us no one will? I guess he created us so we're his property and have to do what he says right? That sounds like slavery to me. Also, why do Christians through around the term free will so much? Where is free will mentioned in the Bible?

To make a god be whatever you imagine and that allows you do or think just about anything you desire, well, this certainly is a god that one would be a fool not to follow.No limits, no accountability or consequences, how sublime is that !!!!

What proof do you have the God of the Bible wasn't made up?

TriDaan

I find it very sad that because something is re pungent to an individual it is cast aside as false or impossible regardless of logic or truth. That is like saying "I reject 2+2=4 it is unfair 2+2 MUST = 5". The Bible definitely mentions hell often and explicitly. If you accept any part of the Bible as true you must accept the entire document as truth, for if one part is false the entire thing is doubtful. Another thing I would like to point out is this: God doesn't damn sinners, sinners damn themselves by refusing to accept His forgiveness for sins. It is a common misconception that God wants people who do not accept his truth to burn in Hell, this is untrue, Hell is simply the default destination of all sinners (a.k.a. everyone) however God provided an escape. Let me use an analogy...If John is drowning and Tom comes up beside him in a boat and throws him a rope and yells "Hey John grab the rope and I'll pull you in!" Tom is not guilty of murder if John refuses to take hold of the rope and decides to drown. God is infinitely perfect and cannot tolerate evil, therefore he created a solution in the death of Christ, He is not responsible if you choose to reject Christ. The worst part of Hell will not be physical pain, but eternal separation from God. In the end there will be only to kinds of people, those who said to God "Thy will be done" and those to whom God said "THY will be done".

TriDaan

I find it sad people base their hopes, dreams and how they live their lives around fairy tales in a 1500 year old book.

Actually it's a 2000 year old book and some of it was written even earlier. 2+2 will always equal 4 and the truth is always the truth. Sorry, but lets stick to logic.

Let me use an analogy...If John is drowning and Tom comes up beside him in a boat and throws him a rope and yells "Hey John grab the rope and I'll pull you in!" Tom is not guilty of murder if John refuses to take hold of the rope and decides to drown.

There are three major problems with your ananlogy. 1. Tom did not create John's respiratory system. 2. Tom did not create the body of water John is drowning in. 3. Tom did not throw John into said body of water in the first place.

According to the Bible God makes ALL the rules. If he really is a loving God and doesn't want to torture people for all eternity he doesn't have to. So why did he create a place of eternal torment? Your God is not as loving and merciful as you try to make him out to be.

Aten

There is a place i called Sheol. It was part of my creation granted. You have called it hell over the years. It was a part of my creation however I had no intention of Sheol being used as a place to torment the souls of the dammed. My idea was for dammed souls to leave there for eternity unable to feel my light or love. That was the only punishment I felt was due. However it became this place of morbid suffering due to the fallen one, I call him Morning Star, some may know him as Lucifer. He exerted his free will and made the place his home and brought demons and conjured up other entitys to torture and hurt the dammed. I can not remove Lucifers will nor can I destroy him, for the realm of Sheol which I created is without my light or love and thus no longer belongs to me. I am powerless there. I agree with this threads principle. The concept of eternal suffering is wrong and I am sorry it exists because of a mistake I made.

TriDaan

To JustWondering:
Ah but you miss an important point. If God is infinitely perfect then He cannot compromise His own nature. Gods nature is Love, but it also includes Justice. Therefore if He were to just say "boys will be boys" and overlook our faults He would not be God because He would be compromising His perfect nature. If God made man to bring glory to Himself then He had to give us an alternative to our purpose or we would be meaningless robots. God clearly said that death would be the consequence of disobedience, however because he is also a merciful God He created a solution in which justice was still satisfied by the substitution of Christ's death for ours. Also He doesn't directly torture people, but they are tortured by their eternal separation from Him and that is the very essence of what Hell is.

Last edited:

Aten

Also He doesn't directly torture people, but they are tortured by their eternal separation from Him and that is the very essence of what Hell is.

No its not silly, did you not read what I said above, yes that was what I orginally had planned, eternal seperation from me and bladery bladery blah, but now hell is something quite different, its not a metaphorical torture, its a bloody real one and people are hurting down there, gosh i could tell you stories. Hitler has his head removed every 20 seconds by a pixie with an axe, no joke, also they put smoking papers between his toes and set them on fire, thats been going on since the 1950s, The guys still a newbie.

TriDaan

There is a place i called Sheol. It was part of my creation granted. You have called it hell over the years. It was a part of my creation however I had no intention of Sheol being used as a place to torment the souls of the dammed. My idea was for dammed souls to leave there for eternity unable to feel my light or love. That was the only punishment I felt was due. However it became this place of morbid suffering due to the fallen one, I call him Morning Star, some may know him as Lucifer. He exerted his free will and made the place his home and brought demons and conjured up other entitys to torture and hurt the dammed. I can not remove Lucifers will nor can I destroy him, for the realm of Sheol which I created is without my light or love and thus no longer belongs to me. I am powerless there. I agree with this threads principle. The concept of eternal suffering is wrong and I am sorry it exists because of a mistake I made.

to Aten:
If God made a mistake then He is not God, because God is infinite and Perfect, existing in all dimensions as Himself. Your logic is flawed. It is true that God does not wish hell on anyone, but neither will He force Himself into their lives. He is screaming at us to let Him save us, but He will not force us to be saved....however in light of your new post I don't think you are taking this seriously anyway.

Also He doesn't directly torture people, but they are tortured by their eternal separation from Him and that is the very essence of what Hell is.

Wrong again. If I remember correctly Hell is described as a lake of fire that we are thrown into to burn for all eternity if we do not believe in him. If I could remember the exact verses I would give them to you. Does anyone know what verses describe Hell in the Bible?

Aten

to Aten:
If God made a mistake then He is not God, because God is infinite and Perfect, existing in all dimensions as Himself. Your logic is flawed. It is true that God does not wish hell on anyone, but neither will He force Himself into there lives. He is screaming at us to let Him save us, but He will not force us to be saved.

Stop telling me what I am about, you sound just like that silly magician Jesus. you anger me greatly, I am not perfect and never have been. I made you guys in the image of me. Are you perfect?

trojanftball99

Stop telling me what I am about, you sound just like that silly magician Jesus. you anger me greatly, I am not perfect and never have been. I made you guys in the image of me. Are you perfect?

that "silly magician" died so YOU don't have to spend eternity in hell. no matter if you accept Him or not He loves you. HE was the PERFECT lamb that was slain for US. We are made in the image of God, we are not perfect like God but we share certain attributes with God. Because of that He loves you unconditionaly. Loves you enough to send His own son to lower himself to human life and die in one of the most twisted ways imaginable only asking for you to believe in HIM.

trojanftball99

Wrong again. If I remember correctly Hell is described as a lake of fire that we are thrown into to burn for all eternity if we do not believe in him. If I could remember the exact verses I would give them to you. Does anyone know what verses describe Hell in the Bible?

you are both correct, Revelation 20:15 does say that those not found in the book of life will be sent to the "lake of fire" but also 2 Thessalonians 1:9 says that "They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty". Hell is separation from God because we no longer have anything to bring us salvation. We are then eternally damned. The Lord can no longer bring us peace in hell because there was no seeking of Him on earth.

TriDaan

[FONT=&quot]To JustWondering:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I did say "the essence of what hell is" not "what hell exclusively is", but you are perfectly right in stating that hell is described in the Bible as a lake of fire and I believe that, however I believe that the core, heart and essence of suffering of hell will be the eternal separation from God not the physical torture (which will exist). I'm sorry I wasn't clearer in my beliefs before, it was my bad. The point is though, that God doesn't desire for us to burn in hell, that is simply the only possible outcome of our rejection of Him, however He was able to create a solution to this problem that does not compromise His Justice and at the same time satisfies His Mercy. “[/FONT]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and To the Egyptian god impersonator “Aten”:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You could hardly pay me a higher compliment than to compare me with Christ.[/FONT]

You would prefer that God hold a grudge. At what point, in your opinion should God not forgive someone?

Sin would not exist at all if God had not created it in the first place. Yet he isn't going to jump into the lake of fire himself, is he? It must be nice to be the big man in charge and not have to take responsibility for your actions.

trojanftball99

Sin would not exist at all if God had not created it in the first place. Yet he isn't going to jump into the lake of fire himself, is he? It must be nice to be the big man in charge and not have to take responsibility for your actions.

God didn't create sin MAN did. I don't remember God disobeying and eating from the wrong tree. I remember Adam and Eve doing that...but not God.