• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rapture, athiests and agnostics

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
How hard do you think it would be to change your ways, seeing as you all probably have arguments for why God doesn't exist now?

Actually, most atheists I've talked to are more concerned with the LACK of evidence, and therefore lack of arguments, in FAVOR of the existence of god, than they are with arguments for why god does not exist. :sarcastic

Luminous

non-existential luminary
I would be very very glad, and would be happy for them... though I would morn the loss of their freedom and all that they once were. It's what might come after the rapture that would worry me.

PhAA

Grand Master
Atheists, generally being men of science, it would be easier to accept something if there would be a credible evidence. BUT I'M NOT HOLDING MY BREATH

The event that they (modern day Christians) assume is this "rapture" already took place. It was an actual historic event, an actual war in 70 A.D, it is recorded and is history fact.

Luke 21:20
(20) And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Josephus, in his Volume One of the Works of Josephus, says, "Whereas the war which the Jews made with the Romans hath been the greatest of all those, not only that have been in our times, but, in a manner, of those that ever were heard of; both of those wherein cities have fought against cities, or nations against nations."

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
For all you athiests and agnostics out there:

If the Rapture of the church were to happen, would you become an instant believer that God exists?

Hard to tell. It would depend a lot on how it happened, I suppose. And on how obviously supernatural it would be.

Assuming that it involved people vanishing left and right with no apparent reason... I have no idea.

The concept is not something I can see myself believing in, to be honest. But at some point, I suppose a cigar must be called a cigar.

How hard do you think it would be to change your ways, seeing as you all probably have arguments for why God doesn't exist now?

What do you mean by "changing my ways"? Even if I knew for a fact that God exists and will call his own, that would be no reason to change my behavior or values.

Last edited: