• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurkeyOnRye

Yup. ^__^

Anything that has roughly 10^-7 M of hydrogen ions in solution has a pH of seven. By definition, that's how much hydrogen is dissociated in water at standard temperature. :eek:

If... that makes sense.

I don't think it does. You gave a certain number of hydrogen ions to an uncertain amount of H20.

Technically speaking, only space has a neutral ph. In a way though, you are correct though. Hydrogen ions don't actually exist; an illusion that science will soon discover once it figures out it has been chasing a wild goose, the Higgs boson particle.

Last edited:

DarkSun

:eltiT
I don't think it does. You gave a certain number of hydrogen ions to an uncertain amount of H20.

No, no. 10^-7 M of hydrogen ions is a concentration. It means 10^-7 moles of H+ per litre. So you can have any volume of water, really, and it would have the same concentration of protons as any other volume of water, given constant temperature.

Technically speaking, only space has a neutral ph. In a way though, you are correct though. Hydrogen ions don't actually exist; an illusion that science will soon discover once it figures out it has been chasing a wild goose, the Higgs boson particle.

Err... Is this theoretical physics...? Sorry, I'll have to take your word for it. :eek:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
This thread has been im interrupted to bring you the following important message;

Cats don't speak Chinese.

That's all for now.
Please stand by for further developments, and lemonade.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I once had a dream that I bit the top of a kitten's head off. It was like chicken inside. I have always wondered what provoked that dream. It was quite disturbing...

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Hmmmmmm. Ya know, I was trying to post a comment on my friend's wall on FB and I ended up making it my status. I HATEEEEEEE THE NEW FB. And I hated the one before. I want the one before the last one BACK. That was the best one.

Sententia

There's a lot of important stuff in there. I'd recommend reading through all of it. I think I said something about cheesecake not too long ago. You should just read through it.

I agree. This thread would make a great book. The plot twists are amazing and you'll never see the end coming. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.