• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The prophets tell us that THE SCRIBES HAD CHANGED THE GOD'S LAW

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
Who says there supposedly must be a "true Word of God"? Why assume that? What evidence is there for that? How could we possibly tell that with any assurance whatsoever that it's correct?
The Gospel contains the merciful God's Law. And the word of the Gospel does not need witnesses. The Word of the Gospel itself shows that it is the Word of God. All teaching of the Gospel is merciful.

The Gospel commandments abolished many commandments of the Old Testament, and were abolished because those commandments were not merciful.

All that is not merciful, is not of God.

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
Where is your evidence that the gospel contains the "true commandments" of God?
The evidence is the same gospel. The Gospel does not need more witnesses than his own word.

All the Word of the Gospel is merciful.

And what God wants is mercy.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The Gospel contains the merciful God's Law. And the word of the Gospel does not need witnesses. The Word of the Gospel itself shows that it is the Word of God. All teaching of the Gospel is merciful.

The Gospel commandments abolished many commandments of the Old Testament, and were abolished because those commandments were not merciful.

All that is not merciful, is not of God.
The gospels are only one source that deals with God,so you really haven't answered the question In posed, nor can you. There's a difference between the words "belief" and "fact", and it's very important to know and recognize that difference or one can all too easily slip into Dark Age mythology. .

serp777

The evidence is the same gospel. The Gospel does not need more witnesses than his own word.

So the gospel is true because the gospel is true? Have you ever heard the definition of "circular reasoning"

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
(1)"As you can see, the God's Law was changed by the scribes"
Jewish scribes did change the Law of G-d, I agree with you at (1) above.
(2)"The only and truely God's Law is the Jesus Christ's Law..."
The Christian scribes also changed the teachings of Jesus and Moses, so (2) is not correct.
Regards
The Law of Christ is the law of God, Moses received God's law (the law of Christ) ...
Many Old Testament commandments no longer kept the Law of God ...

In the Gospel there is also mistranslated words ...
And these words must be understood in the light of all the Gospel.

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
Porque77 said:

serp777 said:
So the gospel is true because the gospel is true? ............"
Some thin like that...
The Gospel is the truth ...

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
The gospels are only one source that deals with God,so you really haven't answered the question In posed, nor can you. There's a difference between the words "belief" and "fact", and it's very important to know and recognize that difference or one can all too easily slip into Dark Age mythology. .
The Gospel is all light ... And in Him there is no darkness

The Gospel is the truth ...

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
The five books of Moses come from the prophecy of Moses. Maybe not his words. I am coming to believe that many schools of thought went into the Tanakh. ......
The Mosaic covenant and law were given by God, but after the years and centuries, the prophets tell us that the scribes changed the law of God. So tell us the prophets:

"... My people know not the judgment of Yahweh. How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Certainly has changed into a lie the lying pen of the scribes"(Jeremiah 8: 7-9).

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The Mosaic covenant and law were given by God, but after the years and centuries, the prophets tell us that the scribes changed the law of God. So tell us the prophets:

"... My people know not the judgment of Yahweh. How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Certainly has changed into a lie the lying pen of the scribes"(Jeremiah 8: 7-9).

Very truly said.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The Law of Christ is the law of God, Moses received God's law (the law of Christ) ...
Many Old Testament commandments no longer kept the Law of God ...

In the Gospel there is also mistranslated words ...
And these words must be understood in the light of all the Gospel.
"The Law of Christ is the law of God, Moses received God's law (the law of Christ) ..."
Did Jesus say it? Please don't add words in the mouth of Jesus.
Regards

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
"The Law of Christ is the law of God, Moses received God's law (the law of Christ) ..."
Regards
the Gospel teaches:

"....... but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions"(Matthew 19: 16-22

And this law and these commandments are in effect for all peoples.

However, no one is under the laws of the Old Testament that were abolished by Jesus Christ, because many of these laws were not true Law of God. We are all under the Law and the commandments of Christ, which are the only true Law of God.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Regards
the Gospel teaches:

"....... but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions"(Matthew 19: 16-22

And this law and these commandments are in effect for all peoples.

However, no one is under the laws of the Old Testament that were abolished by Jesus Christ, because many of these laws were not true Law of God. We are all under the Law and the commandments of Christ, which are the only true Law of God.

In other words Jesus did not say "The Law of Christ is the law of God, Moses received God's law (the law of Christ) ...", it is your own wrong understanding.
Regards

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
metis said:
So, the "O.T." was not from God, iyo?
However, no one is under the laws of the Old Testament that were abolished by Jesus Christ, because many of these laws were not true Law of God.

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
"The Law of Christ is the law of God, Moses received God's law (the law of Christ) ...
"
paarsurrey said: Did Jesus say it? Please don't add words in the mouth of Jesus.
Regards--- In other words Jesus did not say "The Law of Christ is the law of God, Moses received God's law (the law of Christ) ...", it is your own wrong understanding.
Regards
The law that Jesus came not to abolish is the Law of the Gospel

The Gospel was announced since ancient, as say the scriptures:

"Moreover, brethren, I would not have ye ignorant of how all of our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, and all were baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea. And all ate the same spiritual meat, and all drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ". (1 Corinthians 10: 1-4)

"For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses. But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?......... For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it". (Hebrews 3: 16 - 4: 2)

"And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?" (Romans 10: 15-16)

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
Jesus teaches us in the Gospel that the Law and the Prophets is this:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets". (Matthew 7:12)

Jesus teaches us that these are the commandments:

Then, the Law of Christ is the law of God, Moses received God's law, which is the law of Christ...

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
However, no one is under the laws of the Old Testament that were abolished by Jesus Christ, because many of these laws were not true Law of God.
One mark of a false prophet, according to the Tanakh itself, was for one to tell that the entire Law must be followed. If you actually believe in the Bible as you say, then you are being quite inconsistent.

Raahim

مكتوب
Reading this thread I come to a conclusion that OP is really saying: "Jews changed their Law, therefor Jesus is God." :confused: