• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The prophets tell us that THE SCRIBES HAD CHANGED THE GOD'S LAW

roger1440

I do stuff
Jesus Christ is God made Man. And He is the way, the truth and the life:

"Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life". (Johm 14: 6)

Jesus Christ is the Word, and the Word is God:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". (John 1:1)

Jesus Christ is God, and He came to abolished many men's commandments wrote in the Old Testament. And He abolished those commandments because they aren't God's commandments.

Jesus Christ is God, and He came to abolish many commandments of men written in the Old Testament. And He abolished those commandments because they weren't God's commandments.

Porque77, how do you understand the following verses?

Matthew 5:17-20

New International Version (NIV)

The Fulfillment of the Law

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
What the heck does that mean?

Don't pretend as if you're illiterate, now.

1) Read your Scripture.

2) Read the question. "Does your God repent of evil?"

3) Answer it.

4) Then proceed to question two. "Did the sons of Levi kill their brothers, the sons of Israel, after God repented of planning to kill them all?"

5) Answer it.

If you need help with a word or phrase, ask for help.

Last edited:

CMike

Don't pretend as if you're illiterate, now.

1) Read your Scripture.

2) Read the question. "Does your God repent of evil?"

3) Answer it.

4) Then proceed to question two. "Did the sons of Levi kill their brothers, the sons of Israel, after God repented of planning to kill them all?"

5) Answer it.

If you need help with a word or phrase, ask for help.
If you ask the question coherently and not in gibberish I can probably answer it.

What does "repent of evil" mean?

CMike

Yes. :yes:

What I find frustrating is that there is a tendency by some of the christians to take a sentence out of the Torah and go Aha this supports exactly what they are saying.

However, most of the time, if not all of the time, they don't bother to understand the context and why the sentence is there and it's actual meaning.

It's like reading a book and taking a sentence out of it. It makes no sense unless you know what's before it and what's after it. You need to understand the context.

The Torah gets very very deep.

I really really really really wish before presenting a passage from the Torah they would take the time to actually understand the context that it's in.

Sleeppy

If you ask the question coherently and not in gibberish I can probably answer it.

What does "repent of evil" mean?

Gibberish? I'm not convinced. No big words. I'd say it's at a second or third grade reading level, at the most.

I thought I could be humble enough to ask more questions than give conclusions.. I made sure to put a lot of question marks. But you've answered not one question. This has to be several hundred small words later.

What does it mean? You tell me.

CMike

Gibberish? I'm not convinced. No big words. I'd say it's at a second or third grade reading level, at the most.

I thought I could be humble enough to ask more questions than give conclusions.. I made sure to put a lot of question marks. But you've answered not one question. This has to be several hundred small words later.

What does it mean? You tell me.
The words are simple, the structure is gibberish.

Can you put it together in a coherent manner?

Sleeppy

The words are simple, the structure is gibberish.

Can you put it together in a coherent manner?

Sure. Reread it, word by word. You'll do fine.

Start with the first question. Then answer your own.

1) Does your God repent of evil, as Moses reports?

2) What does "repent of evil" mean?

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
Porque77, how do you understand the following verses?

Matthew 5:17-20

New International Version (NIV)

The Fulfillment of the Law

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Hello, Roger. The law that Jesus came not to abolish is the Law of the Gospel:

"Think not that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets... " (Matthew 5: 17-20) .

In these words are based many to tell us that Jesus Christ came not to abolish many commandments of the Old Testament, but that is a mistake because these gospel words do not refer to the law of the Old Testament, because Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament, as we see in Matthew 5: 21-48 and other parts of the Gospel.

The words of Jesus Christ in this famous verse (Matthew 5: 17), which tells us that He did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel. Jesus Christ teaches that the law and the prophets that He did not come to abolish is the following:

"All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." (Matthew 7: 12) .

Therefore, this is the law that God gave to Israel because Jesus Christ himself says that " this is the law and the prophets." This is the law that remains in effect, that Jesus Christ came not to abolish ("Think not that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets ") . And of this law did pass " not one jot not one tittle ", of the Law that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel and that is the true Law that God gave to Moses.

Porque77

The Gospel is God's Law
It's nice that you have your own gospel but you are still horribly confused.

Hello sandy. I haven't my own gospel. My Gospel is the Jesus Christ's Gospel. And the Gospel teach us that the God's Law is the Law of the Gospel, because Jesus Christ tell us this is the Law and the prophets:

"All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." (Matthew 7: 12) .

Jesus teaches to a rich man, the precepts of the Law

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22)

CMike

Sure. Reread it, word by word. You'll do fine.

Start with the first question. Then answer your own.

1) Does your God repent of evil, as Moses reports?

2) What does "repent of evil" mean?

Your question doesn't make sense. G-D doesn't repent.

Also what does "of evil" mean?

Sleeppy

Your question doesn't make sense. G-D doesn't repent.

Also what does "of evil" mean?

He doesn't? So what was Moses thinking? Why had he asked/commanded that God repent of the evil He spoke against Israel?

roger1440

I do stuff
Hello, Roger. The law that Jesus came not to abolish is the Law of the Gospel:

"Think not that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets... " (Matthew 5: 17-20) .

In these words are based many to tell us that Jesus Christ came not to abolish many commandments of the Old Testament, but that is a mistake because these gospel words do not refer to the law of the Old Testament, because Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament, as we see in Matthew 5: 21-48 and other parts of the Gospel.

The words of Jesus Christ in this famous verse (Matthew 5: 17), which tells us that He did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel. Jesus Christ teaches that the law and the prophets that He did not come to abolish is the following:

Therefore, this is the law that God gave to Israel because Jesus Christ himself says that " this is the law and the prophets." This is the law that remains in effect, that Jesus Christ came not to abolish ("Think not that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets ") . And of this law did pass " not one jot not one tittle ", of the Law that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel and that is the true Law that God gave to Moses.

""All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." (Matthew 7: 12) ."
Mathew's Jesus got that from Hillel.

Shermana

Heretic
Seems accurate enough.. I'm concerned more with the idea of God repenting, according to Moses' word.

So God changes his mind because he decides that it would be better to not destroy them with "DISASTER" for the sake of His own name, what's the problem?

Sleeppy

So God changes his mind because he decides that it would be better to not destroy them with "DISASTER" for the sake of His own name, what's the problem?

Do you believe it accurate to say that God repents?

If God is able to change Himself, according to the pleading of creatures under Him, then how are you able to say that His law does not change?

Had His own law changed from disaster, to prosperity?

Shermana

Heretic
Do you believe it accurate to say that God repents?

If God is able to change Himself, according to the pleading of creatures under Him, then how are you able to say that His law does not change?

Had His own law changed from disaster, to prosperity?

One has nothing to do with another.

Because he changes his mind to not destroy the Israelites has absolutely nothing to do with changing the Law. Which he says is PERPETUAL for ALL GENERATIONS.

I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about at this point. (Wait, I should have said at ANY point).

It's amazing the desparate non-arguments the antinomians will resort to to try to change the Jewish Law to something that's more palatable to their tastes.

Sleeppy

One has nothing to do with another.

Because he changes his mind to not destroy the Israelites has absolutely nothing to do with changing the Law. Which he says is PERPETUAL for ALL GENERATIONS.

I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about at this point. (Wait, I should have said at ANY point).

It's amazing the desparate non-arguments the antinomians will resort to to try to change the Jewish Law to something that's more palatable to their tastes.

I think it's pretty clear what the truth is. Laws change and evolve, from generation to generation. From culture to culture. From region to region. From mind to mind. From thing to thing. Why should I wrestle you?

Everyone's keen to say that they have been in the House of God, and will be, perpetually. But, if Abraham learned that God would not destroy Sodom, for the sake of only 10 righteous- Why were both the House of God thrown down, and the people of God scattered from the land of their fathers? And why is it proving difficult to return? Where are our 10 righteous?

If incest may not become a punishment for the child, why does the child suffer abnormality? If adultery, or jealousy, may not inflict the children, why send Ishmael and Hagar away? If the Law says that children will die for their own sins, why are we inheriting alcoholism, greed, pollution, diseases, warfare, etc?

Aren't we born under the Law to honor our parents?

Where are the prophecies concerning our current time? What are the boundaries of their predictions?

There are many laws which keep the sons of man breathing, thinking, and doing. Many of these will pass away, and be renewed. Others aren't able to be broken. But according to the Prophets, the heavens and Earth will pass. Will the prophecies of the fathers occur by our hands? Or can they go unfinished?

Matthew 5:18
For, verily I say to you, till that the heaven and the earth may pass away, one iota or one tittle may not pass away from the law, till that all may come to pass.

Isaiah 65:17
For, lo, I am creating new heavens, and a new earth, And the former things are not remembered, Nor do they ascend on the heart.

mohammed_beiruti

I think it's pretty clear what the truth is. Laws change and evolve, from generation to generation. From culture to culture. From region to region. From mind to mind. From thing to thing. Why should I wrestle you?

Everyone's keen to say that they have been in the House of God, and will be, perpetually. But, if Abraham learned that God would not destroy Sodom, for the sake of only 10 righteous- Why were both the House of God thrown down, and the people of God scattered from the land of their fathers? And why is it proving difficult to return? Where are our 10 righteous?

If incest may not become a punishment for the child, why does the child suffer abnormality? If adultery, or jealousy, may not inflict the children, why send Ishmael and Hagar away? If the Law says that children will die for their own sins, why are we inheriting alcoholism, greed, pollution, diseases, warfare, etc?

Aren't we born under the Law to honor our parents?

Where are the prophecies concerning our current time? What are the boundaries of their predictions?

There are many laws which keep the sons of man breathing, thinking, and doing. Many of these will pass away, and be renewed. Others aren't able to be broken. But according to the Prophets, the heavens and Earth will pass. Will the prophecies of the fathers occur by our hands? Or can they go unfinished?

Matthew 5:18
For, verily I say to you, till that the heaven and the earth may pass away, one iota or one tittle may not pass away from the law, till that all may come to pass.

Isaiah 65:17
For, lo, I am creating new heavens, and a new earth, And the former things are not remembered, Nor do they ascend on the heart.

Laws had chnged/evolved due to misunderstood, or it might be intentionally explained ambiguously to give some Impunity for the elite (corrupted elite).

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
If you want a debate on YEC and dating methods and the "Truth of evolution" we can start a new thread.

Until then, feel free to make your bold assertions as if every argument for YEC has been disproven.

What's incomplete and inaccurate is your understanding of the "science" you endorse so much. But if you'd like I'll be happy to explain to you why the Creationist position still stands quite strong and all the holes in the Old-Earth creation position but that's best for the Science vs Religion threads.
Tons of YEC have made those threads (including you) to only later give up when the full force of facts blew them away.

Every argumetn for YEC that is possible to disprove has been disproven. (yes that is a bold statement)

Please make another thread explaining why YEC isn't a crock of crap.