• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The prophets tell us that THE SCRIBES HAD CHANGED THE GOD'S LAW

Shermana

Heretic
None of them are out of reach. But then, if we consider the effects of these laws and their efficiency to be upheld, what do we have?

We have a Torah explaining the numerous evils the Israelites have suffered, and continue to suffer, in spite of it.

The evils the Israelites suffer is explained by their LACK of keeping it. Have you even read Exodus? Or Deuteronomy?

CMike

None of them are out of reach. But then, if we consider the effects of these laws and their efficiency to be upheld, what do we have?

We have a Torah explaining the numerous evils the Israelites have suffered, and continue to suffer, in spite of it.

We also have a Torah explaining that they were rewarded when keeping it.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
The evils the Israelites suffer is explained by their LACK of keeping it. Have you even read Exodus? Or Deuteronomy?

I've read all of it.

And I was born several thousand years after it was written. It is still not an effective set of laws, regardless of intent. Jeremiah and Isaiah prophesied effectiveness and efficiency in the Law of God, for both the animal kingdom and mankind.

How do you believe this will be fulfilled? By human and animal ambition, or God's intent?

Sleeppy

We also have a Torah explaining that they were rewarded when keeping it.

You should set your eyes upward from the text. Tell us what you see.

Where is God's reward for maintaining a good humanity, and a clean Earth?

Jeremiah 18:5-6 And there is a word of Jehovah to me, saying: As this potter am I not able to do to you? O house of Israel, an affirmation of Jehovah. Lo, as clay in the hand of the potter, So [are] ye in My hand, O house of Israel.

Does the pottery form itself? Or is the hand of the potter its authority?

CMike

You should set your eyes upward from the text. Tell us what you see.

Where is God's reward for maintaining a good humanity, and a clean Earth?

Jeremiah 18:5-6 And there is a word of Jehovah to me, saying: As this potter am I not able to do to you? O house of Israel, an affirmation of Jehovah. Lo, as clay in the hand of the potter, So [are] ye in My hand, O house of Israel.

Does the pottery form itself? Or is the hand of the potter its authority?

A clean earth? This is G-d nor green peace.

Abraham was rewarded with great prosperity for doing what G-d said.

CMike

I've read all of it.

And I was born several thousand years after it was written. It is still not an effective set of laws, regardless of intent. Jeremiah and Isaiah prophesied effectiveness and efficiency in the Law of God, for both the animal kingdom and mankind.

How do you believe this will be fulfilled? By human and animal ambition, or God's intent?

Wow so to you G-d isn't efficient.

Sleeppy

A clean earth? This is G-d nor green peace.

Abraham was rewarded with great prosperity for doing what G-d said.

And of this prosperity, how much has maintained?

Wow so to you G-d isn't efficient.

According to your beliefs, no.

My God is completely efficient. His will has been done, and will continue to be, irrespective of any creation.

Shermana

Heretic
I've read all of it.

What exactly is not effective?

What do you mean by "Fulfilled"?

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator

Dear friends, I have studied the writings of the prophets, and I found several quotes that make me think what happened to God's Law.

The writings of the prophets tell us that God's law was changed.

The prophets tell us that the scribes had changed the God's Law

The Mosaic covenant and law were given by God, but after the years and centuries, the prophets tell us that the scribes changed the law of God. So tell us the prophets:

"... My people know not the judgment of Yahweh. How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Certainly has changed into a lie the lying pen of the scribes" (Jeremiah 8: 7-9).

"Woe to those who give wicked laws and scribes who write tyrannical prescriptions to set aside the poor and violate the rights of the underdog of my people, to rob widows and orphans" (Isaiah 10.1 -2)

"And the land is defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the laws, changed the commandments, broken the everlasting covenant" (Isaiah 24: 5-6).

"He says, therefore, the Lord: Because this people draw near me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me, and their fear of me is a commandment of men which have been taught" (Isaiah 29.13).

And Jesus Christ, remembering the words of the prophet Isaiah, also told the scribes and Pharisees who were teaching the commandments of men:

"Hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,
This people honors me with their lips;
But their heart is far from me.
But in vain they do worship me,
Teaching for doctrines commandments of men"
(Matthew 15.7-9

Dear friends, this is what happened, what the prophets tell us: The God's law was changed by the scribes. The Old Testament's law is different to the commandments of Jesus Christ.

Ok, now what?

Sleeppy

What exactly is not effective?

What do you mean by "Fulfilled"?

There's a disconnect between Law and adherence that needs to be corrected. A law without adherents is inefficient. A law that does not produce results, is inefficient. So, if the Law is put forth for mankind to do the righteousness of God on Earth, how is it accomplished? How is the kingdom of God coming? How was/is it near, coming from the fingertips of the sons of man?

Placing God below the wills of His own creation is oxymoronic. And untrue.

If you are able to condemn me for reading your Scriptures, and understanding them according to the inheritances of flesh and spirit given to me, then so be it. What God wills becomes reality. The truth, which existed before anything, becomes evident for all creation.

We can continue to place God among a select few- in bushes, in cloud, on mountaintops, and even in handmade places- but if you do not realize that the presence of God is all there is, you've misunderstood the body you inhabit, the Spirit ruling your breath, and the Earth sustaining life.

Jeremiah 31:31-34
Lo, days are coming, an affirmation of Jehovah, And I have made with the house of Israel And with the house of Judah a new covenant, Not like the covenant that I made with their fathers, In the day of My laying hold on their hand, To bring them out of the land of Egypt, In that they made void My covenant, And I ruled over them -- an affirmation of Jehovah. For this [is] the covenant that I make, With the house of Israel, after those days, An affirmation of Jehovah, I have given My law in their inward part, And on their heart I do write it, And I have been to them for God, And they are to me for a people. And they do not teach any more Each his neighbour, and each his brother, Saying, Know ye Jehovah, For they all know Me, from their least unto their greatest, An affirmation of Jehovah; For I pardon their iniquity, And of their sin I make mention no more.

Which of you may call yourselves the people of God? Containing God's righteousness in your heart? And recognizing God's Law over all neighbors and brothers, which says "they all know Me, from their least unto their greatest?"

Who has fulfilled these things? Who can accomplish them?

Last edited:

Shermana

Heretic
A law that does not produce results, is inefficient

What results do you think weren't achieved? Israel was prosperous and secure when they obeyed the Laws. Or at least the individuals.

The truth, which existed before anything, becomes evident for all creation.

What's evident is that you don't know what you're talking about, and you were certainly not given a spirit of truth, that's quite evident.

FranklinMichaelV.3

There is an irony in saying that the law was not sufficient...or even in Hebrew that fault was found in the law...you might as well say that God failed.

Essentially for untold amounts of years until Jesus, God allowed the death, destruction, suffering and untold unhappiness of countless human beings, under a law system that God knew was flawed and knew that the Jews could not live up too.

CMike

And of this prosperity, how much has maintained?

According to your beliefs, no.

My God is completely efficient. His will has been done, and will continue to be, irrespective of any creation.

Obviously we worship a different god.

My G-d can't get nailed to a cross

Sleeppy

What results do you think weren't achieved? Israel was prosperous and secure when they obeyed the Laws. Or at least the individuals.

What's evident is that you don't know what you're talking about, and you were certainly not given a spirit of truth, that's quite evident.

I understand the source of truth.

If I lack a spirit of truth, you judge the Creator. And you've judged the Spirit of Life, given me according to the command of I Am. And you've judged yourself against an affirmation of God which says, "they all know Me," even the least.

You misunderstand who's hand is forming Israel, and the entire creation.. And instead, you attribute the source of righteousness to individuals.

Which is the true source? You, Jeremiah, or God?

nazz

Doubting Thomas
There is an irony in saying that the law was not sufficient...or even in Hebrew that fault was found in the law...you might as well say that God failed.

Essentially for untold amounts of years until Jesus, God allowed the death, destruction, suffering and untold unhappiness of countless human beings, under a law system that God knew was flawed and knew that the Jews could not live up too.

Not a problem for Gnostics ;)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Jeremiah 31:31-34
Lo, days are coming, an affirmation of Jehovah, And I have made with the house of Israel And with the house of Judah a new covenant, Not like the covenant that I made with their fathers, In the day of My laying hold on their hand, To bring them out of the land of Egypt, In that they made void My covenant, And I ruled over them -- an affirmation of Jehovah. For this [is] the covenant that I make, With the house of Israel, after those days, An affirmation of Jehovah, I have given My law in their inward part, And on their heart I do write it, And I have been to them for God, And they are to me for a people. And they do not teach any more Each his neighbour, and each his brother, Saying, Know ye Jehovah, For they all know Me, from their least unto their greatest, An affirmation of Jehovah; For I pardon their iniquity, And of their sin I make mention no more.

Which of you may call yourselves the people of God? Containing God's righteousness in your heart? And recognizing God's Law over all neighbors and brothers, which says "they all know Me, from their least unto their greatest?"

Who has fulfilled these things? Who can accomplish them?

Notice that this new covenant , which was to be internalized whereas we would be judged as individuals, and this new covenant is with "the house of Israel", which is clearly not a reference to gentiles. On top of that, "God's Law" is a reference to the Mosaiic Law, all 613 of them.

Also, you might want to check these out:

Deuteronomy 4:2: "your G-d…shall not add to what I have commanded you or subtract."

Dt. 13(1): "You shall be careful to observe, neither adding to it or subtracting."

Dt. 13(5): "His commandment you shall observe, holding fast to Him alone."

Dt. 29(28): "Concerns us and our descendents forever, that we may carry out all the words of this Law."

Joshua 1(5): "I will not leave or forsake you…(7) observe the entire Law … do not swerve from it."

Psalms 19(8): "The Law of the Lord is perfect… (10) the ordinances of the Lord are true; all of them are just."

Ps. 119(160): "permanence is Your words chief trait, each of Your just ordinances is everlasting."

Isaiah 42(21): "pleased the Lord in His justice to make His Law great and glorious."

Is. 66(17): "they who eat swine’s flesh … shall all perish."

Baruch 4(1): "the Law endures forever."

And note that this is only a partial list of such references.

CMike

Notice that this new covenant , which was to be internalized whereas we would be judged as individuals, and this new covenant is with "the house of Israel", which is clearly not a reference to gentiles. On top of that, "God's Law" is a reference to the Mosaiic Law, all 613 of them.

Also, you might want to check these out:

Deuteronomy 4:2: "your G-d…shall not add to what I have commanded you or subtract."

Dt. 13(1): "You shall be careful to observe, neither adding to it or subtracting."

Dt. 13(5): "His commandment you shall observe, holding fast to Him alone."

Dt. 29(28): "Concerns us and our descendents forever, that we may carry out all the words of this Law."

Joshua 1(5): "I will not leave or forsake you…(7) observe the entire Law … do not swerve from it."

Psalms 19(8): "The Law of the Lord is perfect… (10) the ordinances of the Lord are true; all of them are just."

Ps. 119(160): "permanence is Your words chief trait, each of Your just ordinances is everlasting."

Isaiah 42(21): "pleased the Lord in His justice to make His Law great and glorious."

Is. 66(17): "they who eat swine’s flesh … shall all perish."

Baruch 4(1): "the Law endures forever."

And note that this is only a partial list of such references.

By saying that jesus did whatever to the law from G-d, he is implying that G-D makes mistakes.

Our G-D doesn't.

Shermana

Heretic
I understand the source of truth.

If I lack a spirit of truth, you judge the Creator. And you've judged the Spirit of Life, given me according to the command of I Am. And you've judged yourself against an affirmation of God which says, "they all know Me," even the least.

You misunderstand who's hand is forming Israel, and the entire creation.. And instead, you attribute the source of righteousness to individuals.

Which is the true source? You, Jeremiah, or God?

So anyone who claims to have a Spirit of truth is speaking God's truth?

What do you mean that if I claim you lack the Spirit of truth that I judge the Creator? How does that make any sense? Are you claiming to be a prophet or something?

The true source is God, but he is definitely not using you to convey that source, I'll bet my life on that one. Do you bet your life on that he is?

I attribute the source of righteousness to individuals? Ummm no, I believe God is behind everything.

I think you are under the delusion that if I disagree with you that I don't believe in God. Such a common delusion these days, I can't tell if it's just faulty reasoning or a MASSIVE ego complex, but I'm leaning towards the latter.

Did I ask you if you wanted to say a prayer with me for those who speak falsehoods in the name of God to be put to shame and silence?