• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The prophets tell us that THE SCRIBES HAD CHANGED THE GOD'S LAW

Brickjectivity

Yummy Bricks
Staff member
Premium Member
You represent yourself through your patronizing ideas. If you don't think Jews' feet should be held to the fire, yet Christians' feet should, you betray your belief that Christianity is superior to Judaism. For all my tugging on Moses' beard, I never said or implied any belief like THAT.
Neither did I. More baseless accusations. I'm sorry for appearing to patronize you, and it wasn't on purpose.

Last edited:

CMike

Yes I could make a similar frustrated gesture in looking down at someone who excuses genocide in his favor and denounces it when it is against him.

Yup, G-D made the decision several times.

Have you hear of Sodom and Gemorah, and the flood during Noah.

Sometimes evil people had to go based on what G-D dictated.

Prophet

breaking the statutes of my local municipality
Yup, G-D made the decision several times.

Have you hear of Sodom and Gemorah, and the flood during Noah.

Sometimes evil people had to go based on what G-D dictated.

Nazis were told by their God to execute Jews. Because sometimes evil people "had to go" ya know ? :)

Last edited:

Prophet

Neither did I. More baseless accusations. I'm sorry for appearing to patronize you, and it wasn't on purpose.

You don't appear to patronize me, though you showed me minimal respect when you accused me of arguing dishonestly in my refusal to accept a fundamentalist teaching you wanted to pound down my throat baselessly. It is Jews you patronize in the same way all well-meaning liberal nitwits talk down to mentally retarded people. You think you show them respect by holding them to lower standards, but where I come from, this isn't respect.

When baseless accusations and insults have been made against me by you and others, I don't recall complaining too much--I'm happy to demonstrate that they amount to nothing but slander by demonstrating said baselessness. You identified earlier that false religions can't take an insult--how about false individuals? Do they handle insult well? Objectively, how well do you think you are handling insult?

Furthermore, You complain that I argue without basis, in an argument that is, itself, without basis. Welcome to the deep end of the pool, where if you make an assertion without support it is going to be exposed.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Let me just mention that some of us Jews do not accept the idea that God was involved in the mass murder of innocent people, even though it is written. This is not to say that it's impossible, but only that it doesn't seem at all reasonable to some of us.

CMike

Nazis were told by their God to execute Jews. Because sometimes evil people "had to go" ya know ? :)

We need to distinguish between good and evil.

There are also people executed through the court system. There is nothing wrong with that.

Nazis were killed too.

There is a difference between good and evil.

Part of being an adult is distinguishing between the two.

Prophet

The greatest honor a bunch of bigots could bestow upon me is a denouncement. Were I to be vilified on the front page of godhatesfags.com, I'd consider it a great honor.

Likewise with you. Coming from a man who believes the murder of homosexuals is good, a charge of insanity should be considered a compliment.

Last edited:

Flankerl

An argument against the claim that german soldiers believed that their superiors were gods? Yeah no i got other hobbies.

Prophet

And Jewish soldiers DID think their superiors were Gods? Is your point that you think Jews are dumber or more gullible than Germans?

The Nazi party as a whole, and particularly the SS, were deeply indoctrinated, religious people who believed their cause was just. Their justification for the extermination of the Jewish race was driven by religious devotion to insane beliefs. The Jews were no different when they were able to take power. Israel exterminated people with the same thoughtless devotion "to God".

Last edited:

CMike

And Jewish soldiers DID think their superiors were Gods? Is your point that you think Jews are dumber or more gullible than Germans?

The Nazi party as a whole, and particularly the SS, were deeply indoctrinated, religious people who believed their cause was just. Their justification for the extermination of the Jewish race was driven by religious devotion to insane beliefs. The Jews were no different when they were able to take power. Israel exterminated people with the same thoughtless devotion "to God".

Oy vey.

Here is a little test.

In the last 600 years, how many jews did Christians kill in the name of Christianity, and how many Christians did jews kill in the name of Judaism?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The Jews were no different when they were able to take power. Israel exterminated people with the same thoughtless devotion "to God".

Can you cite evidence for this? And whatever you do, don't confuse the effects of war with acts of genocide.

Also, can you provide evidence for this: "And Jewish soldiers DID think their superiors were Gods?"?

In my humble opinion, Christians, Jews and Muslims should not argue or fight among themselves. Christians, Jews and Muslims are all brothers in the name of God.