• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The problems with Islam and possible solutions?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Allah is All-Forgiving, and as grievous a sin as disbelief or going astray in fundamental matters of belief is, I believe Allah is Capable of overturning His Prescription that the disbelievers will reside in Hell forever.
I agree that Allah is Capable of overturning His Prescription.

"... we must always remember that our existence and everything we have or ever will have is dependent upon the mercy of God and His bounty, and therefore He can accept into His heaven, which is really nearness to Him, even the lowliest if He pleases. We always have the hope of receiving His mercy if we reach out for it."

(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, January 12, 1957)

Lights of Guidance (second part): A Bahá'í Reference File

stevecanuck

Allah is All-Forgiving, and as grievous a sin as disbelief or going astray in fundamental matters of belief is, I believe Allah is Capable of overturning His Prescription that the disbelievers will reside in Hell forever.

There are literally hundreds of verses that say unbelievers will burn in Hell.

stevecanuck

I agree that Allah is Capable of overturning His Prescription.

"... we must always remember that our existence and everything we have or ever will have is dependent upon the mercy of God and His bounty, and therefore He can accept into His heaven, which is really nearness to Him, even the lowliest if He pleases. We always have the hope of receiving His mercy if we reach out for it."

(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, January 12, 1957)

Lights of Guidance (second part): A Bahá'í Reference File

Correct, but you must accept Islam before you die. If you wait until the resurrection and see the gates of Hell, it will be too late. There will be no forgiveness on Judgement Day.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Correct, but you must accept Islam before you die. If you wait until the resurrection and see the gates of Hell, it will be too late. There will be no forgiveness on Judgement Day.
I accepted Islam when I became a Baha'i, because that is an absolute requirement. It is the Christians that you should be worried about. ;)
I do not know if there will be any forgiveness on Judgment Day, only God knows that.

stevecanuck

I accepted Islam when I became a Baha'i, because that is an absolute requirement. It is the Christians that you should be worried about. ;)
I do not know if there will be any forgiveness on Judgment Day, only God knows that.

If you accept Islam, then you accept the qur'an, and the qur'an says point blank that waiting until Judgement Day will be too late.

stevecanuck

And there are also verses which suggest that Allah may will it otherwise, i.e. 6:128 and 11:107.

Good find. Yes, those verses do appear to contradict all the others.

However, the fact that some verses contradict others brings up the problem of consistency. IMO, this is just more proof that the qur'an was authored by a mortal (Mohamed) rather than a god.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Good find. Yes, those verses do appear to contradict all the others.

However, the fact that some verses contradict others brings up the problem of consistency. IMO, this is just more proof that the qur'an was authored by a mortal (Mohamed) rather than a god.

Allah has given a stern warning to disbelievers that they will burn in the Hellfire for their disbelief, but holds out the possibility that He will forgive them. So perhaps Hell is not eternal after all.

stevecanuck

Allah has given a stern warning to disbelievers that they will burn in the Hellfire for their disbelief, but holds out the possibility that He will forgive them. So perhaps Hell is not eternal after all.

You've actually brought up another subject. Once a person's destination has been determined, it is definitely for eternity. Either way.

Shakeel

No, that is true, and that is why I will always argue that Allah knows best.
You chose to ignore the main part of my argument then.. I'm not surprised.

We don't say, Allah knows best, so that we can say whatever we want without any responsibility as to its correctness. That is simply abusing the words.

And Allah says in the Qur'an that disbelievers go to hell for an eternity.

5:37 "Their wish will be to get out of the Fire, but never will they get out therefrom: their penalty will be one that endures."

2:167 "...And they are never to emerge from the Fire."

7:40 "Indeed, those who deny Our verses and are arrogant toward them - the gates of Heaven will not be opened for them, nor will they enter Paradise until a camel enters into the eye of a needle. And thus do We recompense the criminals."

43:74 "Indeed, the criminals will be in the punishment of Hell, abiding eternally."

What is the point of saying, "I don't know if that's [that which is said in the Qur'an and repeated numerous times] true," and then adding, "Allah knows best," that's obviously hypocritical.

Shakeel

You've actually brought up another subject. Once a person's destination has been determined, it is definitely for eternity. Either way.
Rather the scholars say that the sinners who are believers may or will be taken out of hell sometime, but nobody wants to go to hell for any period of time.

Shakeel

I accepted Islam when I became a Baha'i,
No, you rejected Islam when you became a Baha'i.

Why?
This is why, for example:
And there are also verses which suggest that Allah may will it otherwise, i.e. 6:128 and 11:107.
Are there any scholars who think that? Because there a many who do not even consider such an interpretation. Mainly because it contradicts a myriad of other verses in the Qur'an and a myriad of hadiths as well, in addition to that it can be interpreted in other ways.

Shakeel

Waiting to do what until Judgement Day? What will it be too late to do?
To repent.
That is pretty much everyone in the world except Baha'is and Muslims.
You are right here proving how you don't believe in the Qur'an and yet you say this? Do you really expect people to believe that?
And you have rejected a myriad of verses and hadiths in favor of two to make yourself feel better.
I accept the Qur'an as true, so why do I need to accept Islam and become a Muslim?
Accepting the Qur'an is basically becoming a Muslim. You have not accepted the Qur'an and you're making it very clear.

And why accept Islam?

Because the Quran tells you to and you supposedly believe in it.

3:85 "And whoever desires other than Islam as religion - never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers."

danieldemol

Premium Member
7:40 "Indeed, those who deny Our verses and are arrogant toward them - the gates of Heaven will not be opened for them, nor will they enter Paradise until a camel enters into the eye of a needle. And thus do We recompense the criminals."
Just out of curiosity what translation of the Quran are you using?