• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The probability that God exists = infinity %

Assume that there is a God whose power is infinite. That means that the energy, E, of God is infinite. According to Einstien's famous equation

E = m(c^2)

this means that the mass, m, of God must also be infinite. In order to proceed, assume that God is everywhere, which means that God's volume V is infinite, but that God's density D throughout the universe is small enough so that his mass does not collapse in on itself. :p Assume also that this mass is connected in some as-yet-not-understood way so that it has structure, consciousness, feelings, etc.

Now suppose God moves an object. In order to move an object, a force F must be applied to it where

F (on object) = m (of object) X a (of object)

and a is acceleration. According to Newton's laws, the object exerts an equal and opposite force F on God, so

F (on object) = F (on God) = m (of God) X a (of God)

Solving for acceleration, a (of God), gives

a (of God) = F (on God) / m (of God)
= F (on object) / m (of God)

but since the mass m (of God) is infinite, the acceleration a (of God) is zero. This means that God can move things without himself being moved--in good agreement with the concept of God as an "immovable mover". :jiggy:

It seems reasonable to assume that God had no initial velocity, and therefore since no force can give God an acceleration greater than zero, God's velocity is always zero. If God's velocity is zero, then his momentum p (of God) is also zero. According to the Hiesenburg Uncertainty Principle,

x (of God) p (of God) = h/2

where x (of God) is the uncertainty of God's position, p (of God) is the uncertainty of God's momentum, and h is Planck's constant. This implies that because p (of God) is extremely small (approaches zero), x (of God) must be very large (approaches infinity). In other words, we have no clue where God is.

But momentum is related to de Broglie wavelength by

wavelength X p = h

Where h is Plank's constant. Unfortunately, this means that it is impossible for anything to have zero momentum. So we have to go back and assume God does have an initial velocity, one which remains forever constant (since God's acceleration is always zero). This means that God's momentum p (of God) is

p (of God) = m (of God) v (of God)

and, since God's mass is infinite, God's momentum p (of God) is also infinite. The Uncertainty Principle now implies that the uncertainty of God's position, x (of God) approaches zero.

The conclusion that the uncertainty of God's position is zero makes sense in a way, because if God is everywhere there can never be any uncertainty as to whether or not his position includes any given place at any given time.

Now, in one dimension, the probability P of there being a mass within the range of positions x1 to x2 is

P = the integral from x1 to x2 P(x) dx

where P(x) is a function of probability with respect to position. Thus, the probability that God exists, P (of God), is

P (of God) = the integral from ( - infinity) to ( +infinity) P(x) dx

But the uncertainty in God's position is 0, so the probability of God with respect to position, P(x), is a constant C. If we integrate P (of God) we find

P (of God) = C(x) + c (from x= -infinity to x = +infinity)
= infinity - (- infinity)
= infinity + infinity
= infinity %
So there you have it, folks. It seems pretty likely that God exists. :biglaugh:

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Mr_Spinkles said:
Assume that there is a God whose power is infinite.
<....>
Do these things come to you in the shower?

(Frubals for the creativity.)

linwood

I find it hard to believe you`re that bored Spinks.
:)
Isn`t there something you should be doing?
:biglaugh:

A

angellous_evangellous

Spinks,
You could likely gain a following if you applied your equasions to predict the end of the world and develop an apocalyptic mathematic. Perhaps some folks would even give you money.

Pah

Uber all member
I didn't get to the math (and probably wouldn't understand it) because I don't see why God's power is equivalent to energy. Premises, premises, premises.

Well, pah, at first I was going to say, "of course, you're right...it's just a silly thing I thought of,"....but then I remembered that God's power can be related to energy by the equation

PWR (of God) = dE/dt

where dE/dt is the change God causes in a system over time. This means that if PWR (of God) is infinite, then God can transfer an infinite amount of energy to a system, which implies that God is an infinite source of energy. Thus,

E (of God) = infinity

:D

Come on, pah....how can you be an atheist when the probability that God exists is infinity % ?? :p

A

angellous_evangellous

Mr_Spinkles said:
Well, pah, at first I was going to say, "of course, you're right...it's just a silly thing I thought of,"....but then I remembered that God's power can be related to energy by the equation

PWR (of God) = dE/dt

where dE/dt is the change God causes in a system over time. This means that if PWR (of God) is infinite, then God can transfer an infinite amount of energy to a system, which implies that God is an infinite source of energy. Thus,

E (of God) = infinity

Come on, pah....how can you be an atheist when the probability that God exists is infinity % ?? :p

I think that the converse is also true: the probability of whether or not God exists is (infinately) eqaul on both sides because we have nothing by which to measure God quantitatively - there is nothing to put on both sides of the equation with God, if we presume that God is divine. If God is divine and not natural, then we cannot presume to know him or discover him through any measurement - he has to reveal himself to us.

Ceridwen018

linwood said:
I find it hard to believe you`re that bored Spinks.
:)
Isn`t there something you should be doing?
He's not bored--he's studying for his physics exam, and posting on RF at the same time! A sly fellow, he is! ;)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
pah said:
I didn't get to the math (and probably wouldn't understand it) because I don't see why God's power is equivalent to energy. Premises, premises, premises.
Quite; MrSpinkles, with all the respect in the world, I think it a bit 'sad' to try and prove the existance of God by Mathematics. For crying out loud ! God gave us maths to play with - he is 'supermaths'. I'm sorry, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but to prove...............:(

Pah

Uber all member
angellous_evangellous said:
I think that the converse is also true: the probability of whether or not God exists is (infinately) eqaul on both sides because we have nothing by which to measure God quantitatively - there is nothing to put on both sides of the equation with God, if we presume that God is divine. If God is divine and not natural, then we cannot presume to know him or discover him through any measurement - he has to reveal himself to us.
Whew!!! I thought I was going to have to go to church again.

Fluffy

A fool
Assume that there is a God whose power is infinite.
A being with infinite power could do both rational and irrational, logical and illogical yes? Therefore he would be able to wield such a power with 0 energy if he so chose.

Uodoo

Mr_Spinkles said:
Assume that there is a God whose power is infinite. That means that the energy, E, of God is infinite. According to Einstien's famous equation

E = m(c^2)

Hey that was cool, but the initial assumption weakens you argument logically if your are trying to prove god exist.

Since you assume god already exist, you equation simply proves that if a god of infinite power exist, then the chance of his existence is infinite.

Regardless I found it hilarious.

Pah

Uber all member
Mr_Spinkles said:
I was wondering when someone would pick up on that one. :)
Ahem :D
pah said:
:biglaugh: