• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Power of God.

Bird123

I see a God that is Love, yet I don't believe Love is real Love unless it also includes Justice.

So what is Justice? Frying the kids? Creating an eternal punishment with no chance of redemption?

So often justice is just an excuse for hate, revenge or control.

Unconditional Love always does what is best for the other. How can frying in Hell for eternity be best for anyone? Further, what of those souls who fry simply because they do not believe?

It doesn't sound like love to me. It sounds like a monster.

RESOLUTION

You do not Understand. There is no need to obey God because God has not made any rules? Make your free choices and as I see it, God will teach you what your choices really mean. By returning our actions back to us, not only does God teach us what our actions mean, God is teaching us to Love Unconditionally. After all, that is what everyone really wants coming back.

I think you are right. When one bumps into God, there is no fear. As I see it, we all already know God and God's Unconditional Love. It is mankind who is creating the fear.

Men served God in fear without understanding. Now men serve God without fear and with understanding.

Bird123

Men served God in fear without understanding. Now men serve God without fear and with understanding.

As I see it, if one never heard the stories of mankind which are not true, there never would have been fear in the first place.

Deep down, I think we all know God. It is not natural to fear God.

RESOLUTION

As I see it, if one never heard the stories of mankind which are not true, there never would have been fear in the first place.

Without you telling those stories how will you or other judge their validity?

Truth is not reliant on mankind or their stories.
Deep down, I think we all know God. It is not natural to fear God.

Again, fear what fear do you think the bible relates to when it says 'fear God and have no part in evil'?
I think you need to be clear on what you understand by definition of fear?

I've been told God has Great Power and is a Mighty Ruler. Better do it God's way because it has been said God has Anger and Wrath. God Judges, Blames, Condemns, and Punishes. They say God instills Fear with the Threat of spending eternity in a fiery pit. I have been taught that God will disown any child who does not Believe or follow His rules then throw them in this fiery pit for eternity. I've been told God sends tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, pestilence and disease for those who invoke His Wrath. I've been told God will kill your crops, kill your dog, even break your car down in traffic as Wrath. I guess we all better get in line.

As I look at the Universe and this world, there is evidence of Great Intelligence. It all works so well. A Being capable of all this has to be Very Very Smart. Does this Powerful, Mighty, Ruling, Controlling God seem Smart to you? All I know is that if I actually run into this Tyrant, I'm going to try to Overthrow such a Ruler. How about all of you??

Is there a Better way to Rule for such an Intelligent God?? I think so. God could Rule with Unconditional Love. It could be a Love that is so Complete and Feels so Good that you would do anything for it. Won't people in love do anything for their love? When people receive love and kindness, don't they go out of their way to help? Let's not forget about sex. What would people do for sex?? No one would ever overthrow a Ruler who rules with Unconditional Love.

As I see it, we all experience God's Unconditional Love after death and before we are born into our next physical life. I believe there are two reasons for this. 1. People take adversity personally. Soon, learning would be impossible. As I see it, God is going to show us that it has never ever been about punishment. It is about Learning and Growing. 2. I think God wants us to experience Great Love and Joy. If one must experience adversity, it is only fair to be able to experience the good part as well.

Is their evidence of this on Earth? When I look at the very youngest of children, I see nothing but Love and Joy in their hearts. You must catch them very young because it is not long after we are here that we start making choices and who we are and what we need to learn comes out. I think you can see God in the very youngest of children.

Love is a Powerful Force. Would not the Greatest Intelligence create a system based on Love rather than use mankind's way of might makes right??

So many times our view is clouded by the influences and beliefs of mankind and others. What do you see? Are we going to have to overthrow a Tyrant or will Intelligence win in the end. I have to vote for Intelligence.

After reading the bible and noticing reality did not mesh with many claims in it, I came to the rational conclusion that the bible is just a bunch of mythology created by ancient, ignorant men.

You claimed the universe is designed by a great intelligence that runs really well. I disagree. A great intelligence would have been able to create a world that didn't experience natural disasters. A great intelligence would have designed sturdier life so birth defects didn't exist. When I look at the world without bias I don't see any evidence to support creationism.

Bird123

Without you telling those stories how will you or other judge their validity?

Truth is not reliant on mankind or their stories.

Again, fear what fear do you think the bible relates to when it says 'fear God and have no part in evil'?
I think you need to be clear on what you understand by definition of fear?

As I see it, we are not here to validate stories or accept beliefs. We are here to Discover the Truth for ourselves. That is Truth in all things not just about God.

Fear God and have no part of evil is saying one is afraid of what God will do to you so have no part of evil. Funny how no one sees that controlling another's actions through fear is Evil.

As I see it so many of those stories can not come from God simply because they are not at a Higher Level.

Bird123

After reading the bible and noticing reality did not mesh with many claims in it, I came to the rational conclusion that the bible is just a bunch of mythology created by ancient, ignorant men.

You claimed the universe is designed by a great intelligence that runs really well. I disagree. A great intelligence would have been able to create a world that didn't experience natural disasters. A great intelligence would have designed sturdier life so birth defects didn't exist. When I look at the world without bias I don't see any evidence to support creationism.

The flaw in your thinking is that it was not all created toward your goals. Perhaps, God has different goals than having it made. Adversity breeds invention. It stimulates learning and discovery. When times are good, don't we all sit back and just enjoy the ride? Is that really the goal of the universe to have everyone with no problems enjoying the ride?

In time, mankind will master the weather, birth defects and so much more. What would we master if there were no problems??

AS I see it, God has fixed it all ahead of time for no matter what happens, we are Eternal.

You are right about one thing. Poof creation is not reality. As I see it, the universe was created to unfold into what we have today and beyond just like a seed can grow into a giant tree. The beauty of it is that it was created to unfold in such a way mankind would be able to figure it all out. Now ask yourself. If you were creating such a thing. would not evolution and fractals be a part of that unfolding? Creation is High Science not just a set of Beliefs. It all stares us in the face. Who can see? Who can Discover? It's all a Test of Intelligence.

DavidFirth

As I see it, your idea that God has servants much less that they are writing for God stems from mankind's view of God and will never be true reality. Your incorrect assumption is that God needs mankind to write anything at all for Him. If I were you, instead of blindly accepting those words, I would question them to see if God is even in there at all.

I have. And He is.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
God is the drug people take to convince themselves that they have eternal life. it's not any better than mathematics as explanation of reality, math is a manipulation of reality.

humans create, they don't explain, they manipulate reality, and the rest they make up as they go along.

The sooner you realize that the better.

The flaw in your thinking is that it was not all created toward your goals. Perhaps, God has different goals than having it made. Adversity breeds invention. It stimulates learning and discovery. When times are good, don't we all sit back and just enjoy the ride? Is that really the goal of the universe to have everyone with no problems enjoying the ride?

In time, mankind will master the weather, birth defects and so much more. What would we master if there were no problems??

AS I see it, God has fixed it all ahead of time for no matter what happens, we are Eternal.

You are right about one thing. Poof creation is not reality. As I see it, the universe was created to unfold into what we have today and beyond just like a seed can grow into a giant tree. The beauty of it is that it was created to unfold in such a way mankind would be able to figure it all out. Now ask yourself. If you were creating such a thing. would not evolution and fractals be a part of that unfolding? Creation is High Science not just a set of Beliefs. It all stares us in the face. Who can see? Who can Discover? It's all a Test of Intelligence.

The flaw in your thinking is that you assume that IF the universe was created by something intelligent that it cares about us in anyway. Don't you think it's egotistical to assume that if some kind of creator exists that it MUST have plans for us? Where does this unsupported belief of yours come from?

eldios

let me ask you:
God knows everything.
Did God know in advance what Adam and Eve will do regarding the forbidden fruit?

Yes. It was all planned out that Adam and Eve would be deceived by the visible images they observed within their created mind.

How would they understand that they are characters living in a computer generated simulation program with God as an AI and Voice system?

This required a plan to eventually use servants to testify to the knowledge of God called Christ that reveals how we're created so for the past 2,000 years starting with Jesus, we have slowly learned what artificial intelligence is.

RESOLUTION

As I see it, we are not here to validate stories or accept beliefs. We are here to Discover the Truth for ourselves. That is Truth in all things not just about God.

Fear God and have no part of evil is saying one is afraid of what God will do to you so have no part of evil. Funny how no one sees that controlling another's actions through fear is Evil.

As I see it so many of those stories can not come from God simply because they are not at a Higher Level.
It isn't logical unless you say God will act in this life if you do evil

Bird123

The flaw in your thinking is that you assume that IF the universe was created by something intelligent that it cares about us in anyway. Don't you think it's egotistical to assume that if some kind of creator exists that it MUST have plans for us? Where does this unsupported belief of yours come from?

On a Journey to Discover the Real Truth, sometimes one actually does discover something. For those who collect beliefs then argue whose beliefs are right, they do not search for the Real Truth. They simply want to convince themselves they are better than others. We all have that free choice. Do we feed the Ego or do we place effort in discovering what actually exists?

I have made my choice long long ago. Sometimes those who search find what they search for.

Bird123

It isn't logical unless you say God will act in this life if you do evil

Do you place parameters in an attempt to control the results? How can you discover what actually exists if you are making the rules on how things should be? Should not one be open to the possibility that a Higher Level of Intelligence has a much better, Higher Level way of doing things than mankind's petty blame, hate, condemn, punish, control and intimidate through fear? If one is blind to the possibilities, does it not speak to who one is, along with their level of understanding and intelligence?

As I see it. We will all be learning, growing, and moving forward. WE must not allow ourselves to get in the way of that.

As I see it. It all stares us in the face. It is a Masterpiece.

On a Journey to Discover the Real Truth, sometimes one actually does discover something. For those who collect beliefs then argue whose beliefs are right, they do not search for the Real Truth. They simply want to convince themselves they are better than others. We all have that free choice. Do we feed the Ego or do we place effort in discovering what actually exists?

So those who don't agree with your mystical way of thinking are just shallow people trying to feed their ego? What do you think of holier than thou people who sling insults at others, like you've just done?

I have made my choice long long ago. Sometimes those who search find what they search for.

If you start out searching for some mystical explanation to give you comfort than yes, there is a superstitious belief for everyone searching for one. You talk about the real truth, but if there were some mystical based "real truth" why are there so many different religions with contradictory beliefs? The answer to that is obvious, because every mystical belief system is made up, not given out by a higher power.

Bird123

So those who don't agree with your mystical way of thinking are just shallow people trying to feed their ego? What do you think of holier than thou people who sling insults at others, like you've just done?

If you start out searching for some mystical explanation to give you comfort than yes, there is a superstitious belief for everyone searching for one. You talk about the real truth, but if there were some mystical based "real truth" why are there so many different religions with contradictory beliefs? The answer to that is obvious, because every mystical belief system is made up, not given out by a higher power.

You do not understand. Does one need mystical or superstition to Discover? As I see it, one only needs Will and Intelligence. Further, I have not asked you to believe anything. Be who you must! It's a part of the plan! It's all going to be OK!

I think one of the biggest crimes taught is for people to accept Beliefs. By accepting Beliefs instead of searching for the real truth, one has talked themselves into inactivity. If one really values truth, one must question all Beliefs, even long held beliefs like whether God exists or not. Until one discovers which one is the Real Truth, the journey can not end.

How many are willing to venture into Undiscovered country to find Truth? Sometimes people who search find what they search for when they search. On the other hand, one can choose to live in a box of beliefs, trying to create the world as they want it. One can complain when what they hear does not fit their beliefs.

It's about Choosing! As I see it, Reality is better. That's what I go for.

RESOLUTION

Do you place parameters in an attempt to control the results?
Just how would you do that with God?

How can you discover what actually exists if you are making the rules on how things should be?
What premise are you using as a starting point?
Surely God, if referring to the bible has shown how he exists and how man can learn if he exists so you have a mute point really.

Should not one be open to the possibility that a Higher Level of Intelligence has a much better, Higher Level way of doing things than mankind's petty blame, hate, condemn, punish, control and intimidate through fear?
Hasn't God already shown a higher and better way through forgiveness, love and Jesus Christ.
Did you miss it?

If one is blind to the possibilities, does it not speak to who one is, along with their level of understanding and intelligence?
But you are blind to God? You show no knowledge of the bible or even the things taught.
Should you be discussing things beyond your capabilities. Does the bible not say "King James Bible
Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?"

One should not assume the intelligence quota of a person can be justified by their beliefs or lack of them.
The way of God is not of the world.
As I see it. We will all be learning, growing, and moving forward. WE must not allow ourselves to get in the way of that.

As I see it. It all stares us in the face. It is a Masterpiece.

A man is tied up to the world.... You have to see beyond.

Bird123

Just how would you do that with God?

What premise are you using as a starting point?
Surely God, if referring to the bible has shown how he exists and how man can learn if he exists so you have a mute point really.

Hasn't God already shown a higher and better way through forgiveness, love and Jesus Christ.
Did you miss it?

But you are blind to God? You show no knowledge of the bible or even the things taught.
Should you be discussing things beyond your capabilities. Does the bible not say "King James Bible
Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?"
One should not assume the intelligence quota of a person can be justified by their beliefs or lack of them.
The way of God is not of the world.

A man is tied up to the world.... You have to see beyond.

When one searches for the Real Truth, one does not place restrictions on the possibilities. Such as you say God must act on evil in this lifetime. Why must God do anything according to your timetable? Could not there be a more intelligent way? Many Lifetimes?

You place restrictions all over the place. Such as you must believe. you must follow. God can't help you after you die. Don't you see by placing such restrictions it prevents you from discovering the Real Truth? One must be open to that Truth which one does not readily agree with.

I don't think you question anymore. You seem to have accepted beliefs as facts without searching to discover whether such beliefs are facts. Simply to say it comes from a holy book and they tell you it's God's words does not make the beliefs the truth.

You speak of forgiveness, love, and Jesus Christ. What purpose does forgiveness serve? Aren't the results the only thing that counts? Does God hold a grudge by which He must bestow forgiveness to feel better? Does one really need forgiveness??

You speak of Love. Should not God be Unconditional Love? Seems there are lots of conditions to meet your God's favor. That's not Love.

You speak of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ was just a man. God has blessed the world with many wonderful people. On the other hand, isn't it God's responsibility to educate and take care of His children?

I was raised on the bible. When I started to question it for Truth, so much of it doesn't add up.

Finally, you speak of the King James Bible and talk of it as something special. Perhaps a visit to the past history might add depth to your view. King James had a witch hunt to destroy everyone else's English translation. It was not pretty. In this case, might made that the bible for people.

On my journey to discover truth, I have discovered much. As I see it no religion today really understands God at all. On the other hand, as mankind grows in knowledge and wisdom, the truth will show itself. I have always said that science will discover God before religion will.

As I see it, many have a long way to go. Thinking will always be required instead of accepting.