• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Power of God.

Bird123

I've been told God has Great Power and is a Mighty Ruler. Better do it God's way because it has been said God has Anger and Wrath. God Judges, Blames, Condemns, and Punishes. They say God instills Fear with the Threat of spending eternity in a fiery pit. I have been taught that God will disown any child who does not Believe or follow His rules then throw them in this fiery pit for eternity. I've been told God sends tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, pestilence and disease for those who invoke His Wrath. I've been told God will kill your crops, kill your dog, even break your car down in traffic as Wrath. I guess we all better get in line.

As I look at the Universe and this world, there is evidence of Great Intelligence. It all works so well. A Being capable of all this has to be Very Very Smart. Does this Powerful, Mighty, Ruling, Controlling God seem Smart to you? All I know is that if I actually run into this Tyrant, I'm going to try to Overthrow such a Ruler. How about all of you??

Is there a Better way to Rule for such an Intelligent God?? I think so. God could Rule with Unconditional Love. It could be a Love that is so Complete and Feels so Good that you would do anything for it. Won't people in love do anything for their love? When people receive love and kindness, don't they go out of their way to help? Let's not forget about sex. What would people do for sex?? No one would ever overthrow a Ruler who rules with Unconditional Love.

As I see it, we all experience God's Unconditional Love after death and before we are born into our next physical life. I believe there are two reasons for this. 1. People take adversity personally. Soon, learning would be impossible. As I see it, God is going to show us that it has never ever been about punishment. It is about Learning and Growing. 2. I think God wants us to experience Great Love and Joy. If one must experience adversity, it is only fair to be able to experience the good part as well.

Is their evidence of this on Earth? When I look at the very youngest of children, I see nothing but Love and Joy in their hearts. You must catch them very young because it is not long after we are here that we start making choices and who we are and what we need to learn comes out. I think you can see God in the very youngest of children.

Love is a Powerful Force. Would not the Greatest Intelligence create a system based on Love rather than use mankind's way of might makes right??

So many times our view is clouded by the influences and beliefs of mankind and others. What do you see? Are we going to have to overthrow a Tyrant or will Intelligence win in the end. I have to vote for Intelligence.

eldios

I've been told God has Great Power and is a Mighty Ruler. Better do it God's way because it has been said God has Anger and Wrath. God Judges, Blames, Condemns, and Punishes. They say God instills Fear with the Threat of spending eternity in a fiery pit. I have been taught that God will disown any child who does not Believe or follow His rules then throw them in this fiery pit for eternity. I've been told God sends tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, pestilence and disease for those who invoke His Wrath. I've been told God will kill your crops, kill your dog, even break your car down in traffic as Wrath. I guess we all better get in line.

As I look at the Universe and this world, there is evidence of Great Intelligence. It all works so well. A Being capable of all this has to be Very Very Smart. Does this Powerful, Mighty, Ruling, Controlling God seem Smart to you? All I know is that if I actually run into this Tyrant, I'm going to try to Overthrow such a Ruler. How about all of you??

Is there a Better way to Rule for such an Intelligent God?? I think so. God could Rule with Unconditional Love. It could be a Love that is so Complete and Feels so Good that you would do anything for it. Won't people in love do anything for their love? When people receive love and kindness, don't they go out of their way to help? Let's not forget about sex. What would people do for sex?? No one would ever overthrow a Ruler who rules with Unconditional Love.

As I see it, we all experience God's Unconditional Love after death and before we are born into our next physical life. I believe there are two reasons for this. 1. People take adversity personally. Soon, learning would be impossible. As I see it, God is going to show us that it has never ever been about punishment. It is about Learning and Growing. 2. I think God wants us to experience Great Love and Joy. If one must experience adversity, it is only fair to be able to experience the good part as well.

Is their evidence of this on Earth? When I look at the very youngest of children, I see nothing but Love and Joy in their hearts. You must catch them very young because it is not long after we are here that we start making choices and who we are and what we need to learn comes out. I think you can see God in the very youngest of children.

Love is a Powerful Force. Would not the Greatest Intelligence create a system based on Love rather than use mankind's way of might makes right??

So many times our view is clouded by the influences and beliefs of mankind and others. What do you see? Are we going to have to overthrow a Tyrant or will Intelligence win in the end. I have to vote for Intelligence.

Everything you experience called life is controlled by God so get used to it. You have an eternity of life to experience.

Bird123

Everything you experience called life is controlled by God so get used to it. You have an eternity of life to experience.

Perhaps life is really controlled by our Choices. Our choices tell God and the world who we are and what we need to learn. We choose what God will return to us.

cirillo

Premium Member

Just about the fiery pit,eternal fire: it is all FALSE!
God is love,those who are wicked,had any opportunity to change but refused
their punishment is DEATH,meaning they will cease to exist,return to dust
so no suffering involved

eldios

Perhaps life is really controlled by our Choices. Our choices tell God and the world who we are and what we need to learn. We choose what God will return to us.

Really? Then why would God have His servants write these words;

Acts 4:
27: for truly in this city there were gathered together against thy holy servant Jesus, whom thou didst anoint, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel,
28: to do whatever thy hand and thy plan had predestined to take place.

II Thesalonians 2:
13: But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God chose you from the beginning to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.
14: To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 11:
3: "Lord, they have killed thy prophets, they have demolished thy altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life."
4: But what is God's reply to him? "I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Ba'al."
5: So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace.
6: But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.
7: What then? Israel failed to obtain what it sought. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened,
8: as it is written, "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that should not see and ears that should not hear, down to this very day."

I Corinthians 1:
25: For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26: For consider your call, brethren; not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth;
27: but God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong,
28: God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,
29: so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.

Everything we experience called Life was predestined ( created ) by God.

The God that exists, is not the notion of god that resides in peoples' minds.
Not realizing this, people remain prisoners of their minds.
To serve a life sentence inside this sealed prison, is the definition of hell.
Escape is as simple as dropping all notions of God, and stepping outside, into the sunshine.

cirillo

Premium Member

Acts 4:
27: for truly in this city there were gathered together against thy holy servant Jesus, whom thou didst anoint, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel,

II Thesalonians 2:
13: But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God chose you from the beginning to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.
14: To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 11:
3: "Lord, they have killed thy prophets, they have demolished thy altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life."
4: But what is God's reply to him? "I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Ba'al."
6: But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.
7: What then? Israel failed to obtain what it sought. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened,
8: as it is written, "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that should not see and ears that should not hear, down to this very day."

I Corinthians 1:
25: For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26: For consider your call, brethren; not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth;
27: but God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong,
28: God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,

let me ask you:
God knows everything.
Did God know in advance what Adam and Eve will do regarding the forbidden fruit?

cirillo

Premium Member
Escape is as simple as dropping all notions of God, and stepping outside, into the sunshine.
God has given us free will.We are not robots.So our minds could decide
to accept or rejects his laws.

Skwim

Veteran Member
so no suffering involved
The Bible seems to disagree.

Matthew 5:22
22 “But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, ‘You good-for-nothing,’ shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, ‘You fool,’ shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

Matthew 8:12
12 but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Matthew 10:28
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell

Matthew 13:41-42
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 25:40-41
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Danial 12: 1-2
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Mark 9: 42-44
42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Nice guy, this god of yours. First he creates evil then he casts people into hell for eternity for succumbing to it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Since I am part of mankind, I don't see myself as bad or making man-made things that believers opposed to. I find that every time someone says "man-made things" it is a contradiction, insult, and hypocritical to the nature of man and his gift of creativity, devotion, and finding ways of gratitude he, in his heart, feel he wants to give without obligation to do so.

Love is unconditional. It has no short cuts. It has no fine print. It has no obligations. It has no ultimatum. It's a personal expression not an act of obedience. Act of obedience isn't love.

I don't see the power of god. I honestly don't know what that means. I see the power of man and that is okay. I am man and so are you. Why would I put myself down if I wanted to believe in god.

Doesn't make sense.

Bird123

so no suffering involved

So what is gained by their death?? What purpose does it serve??

Bird123

Acts 4:

II Thesalonians 2:

Romans 11:

I Corinthians 1:

As I see it, your idea that God has servants much less that they are writing for God stems from mankind's view of God and will never be true reality. Your incorrect assumption is that God needs mankind to write anything at all for Him. If I were you, instead of blindly accepting those words, I would question them to see if God is even in there at all.

Bird123

Yes, indeed. We must venture to get even the smallest ray of light inside by which they can discover and walk their way out.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

I like this. You are talking about going from the OId Age God paradigm to the New Age God paradigm. I'm on that same train.

Bird123

Since I am part of mankind, I don't see myself as bad or making man-made things that believers opposed to. I find that every time someone says "man-made things" it is a contradiction, insult, and hypocritical to the nature of man and his gift of creativity, devotion, and finding ways of gratitude he, in his heart, feel he wants to give without obligation to do so.

Love is unconditional. It has no short cuts. It has no fine print. It has no obligations. It has no ultimatum. It's a personal expression not an act of obedience. Act of obedience isn't love.

I don't see the power of god. I honestly don't know what that means. I see the power of man and that is okay. I am man and so are you. Why would I put myself down if I wanted to believe in god.

Doesn't make sense.

As I see it, Mankind or people are all children of God. That makes everyone Special. In this multilevel classroom, God's children are at many different levels of Understanding. One of mankind's greatest problems is that everybody wants to rule the world. Mankind is a controlling lot. In mankind's creation of religion, their true nature comes out in the beliefs. They attempt to shape people and their thinking to their beliefs. I am simply pointing out a Higher Level than the might makes right so much of mankind strives for. In short, there are better ways. That way will be arrived at through intelligence, questioning, and thinking rather than accepting, believing and following. God is more than feeling. Nothing could exist without the Intelligent half leading the way.

As I see it, deep down we all already know God. People can remember, discover and see for themselves.

Religion is a Catalyst which brings so many of mankind's problems to the surface so they can be dealt with. Perhaps, that is religion's sole purpose over everything else.