• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The period after death

james2ko

Hi all.

This is my first post here so I have some questions and a story for you all.

Firstly I am a early 20's male who has died before and totally 100% remembers it all in vivid detail. I have lots of questions and would like your feedback on them.

I was around 18 yrs old when I died, I stopped breathing - declared dead, end of story kind of thing. When I died I knew I was dead, I was without a body but had my mind and my vision even though It was a totally pitch black darkness. When I was there in this darkness I knew I had to make a conceious decision between two options, had no idea what each option was or what the outcome of my decision would be. All I remember was making my decision and waking up to say "I just had the wierdest dream where I died" to the paramedics - much to their shock.

Having that experience though was not the first time I have been to that place, ever since I was born, seriously as a child I remember being to this dark place before. I always knew i had been there before I was born and that this was my last life - I told my mother this when I was about 2 or 3. I was told to never say this to anyone ever again. Growing up I used to see and talk to ghosts by name, I also told this to my mother, when I told her the names, they were dead relatives whos name had never been mentioned for 20 or 30 years. I was told to ignore them and they would go away, so I did and they went away. I found out many years later my mother talks to ghosts also, can tell things in advance such as when people will die who are totally healthy to exact dates etc and practises the arts of black magic - if that is relevant. I can still open these chanels sometimes when I am in a relaxed state, but I can't talk to them and the encounters are often very very short (a few seconds).

I am not a religious person and was actually kicked out of religion lessions at school in my first year for asking to many questions the teacher could not answer when I was about 5. By asking these questions I made this poor old women question her own faith and as far as I know she stopped believing - for which I am truely sorry. This women was my first school teacher on the first day done the introductions etc then went around the room asking general questions you would ask kindergardeners, like what colour is this etc and you got to keep answering the question until you got one wrong. Anyway it came my turn and I answered her questions and she was trying to make them harder and harder. In the end I explained photosynthesis, electromagnetism, advanced maths and a good chunck of astrophysics to her - at which point she stopped me, left and I was taken to the office where my parents and a few other people from the school whom basically in a nut shell told me to shut up and just do all the work assigned to me and the teachers won't ask anything outside the curriculum.

Touching back onto my first encounter with the darkness I know this knowledge came with me from the time I was in this place and was not taught to me within this life time. Even today I have lots of knowledge I can't explain and I have looked into parts of this knowledge - it doesn't exist today, well no where I can find anyway. But to try and explain this to someone is like trying to convince a person from the 1400's that a voice is traveling along that piece of copper wire, there are no words to describe it.

Well that's a pretty long post and all I think I wish to share for the moment - I would really love to hear some of your feedback if you have experienced the same things or wish to give me your take on my experiences. I give you my word everything is 100% true - this is not a kind of matter I would lie about. If you have any questions I will gladly answer them for you.

Welcome aboard! Great to have you.

Before my conversion to Christianity, out of curiosity, I toyed around with a Ouija board. I heard about all of the predictions it can spell out. After a couple of tries, everything I heard about it had come to fruition. For the final test, I bought a friend in on the game and instructed her to ask me a question to which I could not possibly know the answer. She watched in horror as the board guided my hands and spelled out the answer. She practically ran out the door in terror. Soon thereafter, I threw the board out recognizing the fact this was not the work of God.

Satan, along with a third of the angels, rebelled against God. They are allowed by God to a degree, to roam the earth. Satan is a powerful spirit being. Scriptures label him, the god of this age or world. Jesus' Himself acknowledged this fact! He can perform miracles He can take the form of dead relatives. He uses the occult to attract the gullible and enslave them to his sinful way of life which causes misery and despair. He is a master of deception. He will use every tool at his disposal to keep us deceived and as far away from the true God as possible. What better way to do this than to have his ministers disguised as minister of righteousness in our churches! Unbeknownst to many, scripture says, he does! As a matter of fact, the bible prophesies that he has and will deceive humanity to the point where they will attempt to shoot down Christ at His return! As bible prophecy predicts, Jesus along with His angels and resurrected immortal saints will be staged in the sky ready to descend and take over the kingdoms of this world. Speculation has it, that satan will deceive mankind into thinking He is an alien life form about to take over the earth!

I could be wrong but based on the context of your story. I have an inkling satan and his demons are diligently at work in your life. Please be careful.

Last edited:

St Giordano Bruno

Hi all.

I was around 18 yrs old when I died, I stopped breathing - declared dead, end of story kind of thing. When I died I knew I was dead, I was without a body but had my mind and my vision even though It was a totally pitch black darkness. When I was there in this darkness I knew I had to make a conceious decision between two options, had no idea what each option was or what the outcome of my decision would be. All I remember was making my decision and waking up to say "I just had the wierdest dream where I died" to the paramedics - much to their shock.

How can you be sure it is not your mind playing tricks?

icebuddy

Does the devil lift Jesus up?
TO SLO:

(((( But Jesus is still man resurrected. ))))

[[[slo wrote]]]Not according to the bible............
1 Peter 3:18,NLT,
18 Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit.

Slo,
You dont even explain yourself... This passage is seen by me as saying Jesus was made alive by the Spirit. All scriptures support Jesus had a physical resurrection. Jesus said he would raise his body, the very same body that died.

Jhn 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
Jhn 2:20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
Jhn 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
Jhn 2:22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Jesus said destroy this body(his body) and he will raise it up. Jesus had a physical body, anything else is private interpitation. also see

Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Jesus confirms he is more that just a Spirit with no body.

1Cr 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body;
1Cr 15:43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;
1Cr 15:44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

Jesus was raised in a real body that is called a "Spiritual body". The bord "BODY" indicates he is more that just a spirit. Every part of the bible shows Jesus resurrected in a physical body that he died in. And when he ascended into heaven, he also ascended with his body. (acts 1:11)

Mat 26:64 Jesus said to him, "You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN."

This confirms Jesus has retained his humanity until his role as mediator is over.

in Love,
Tom

icebuddy

Does the devil lift Jesus up?
To Slo

(((( 1Cr 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. ))))

[[[slo wrote]]]Yes indeed, but that does not say Jesus is God Almighty.

Slo,
Who was the Rock of the Jews? Who did the Jews think was following them? Thats who Jesus is!

[[[slo wrote]]]Jesus's Father is the most high............

Psalms 83:16-18,KJV,
Psalm 83:16-18 (King James Version)
16 Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O LORD.
17 Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish:
18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

Slo,
Whos name alone in Jehovah?

Jer 23:5 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this [is] his name whereby he shall be called, JEHOVAH OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. (Jesus)

in Love,
Tom

At death our spirits go to the spirit world, this is where christs spirit went when he died (1 Peter 3:18). Our bodies go to the grave. if we were righteous or bodies go to spirit paradise, where we will rest from all trouble and care. if we weren't so righteous our spirits go to spirit prison, we will there have an opportunity to hear the gospel, and accept it. (1 Peter 4:6).

james2ko

At death our spirits go to the spirit world, this is where christs spirit went when he died (1 Peter 3:18). Our bodies go to the grave. if we were righteous or bodies go to spirit paradise, where we will rest from all trouble and care. if we weren't so righteous our spirits go to spirit prison, we will there have an opportunity to hear the gospel, and accept it. (1 Peter 4:6).

Katzpur, who's also an LDS, and I are currently having a discussion on this very topic. You can join in, if you'd like starting in post #30 here.

Silver

Just maybe
They say there's a tunnel and light just after death.
Go up the tunnel towards the light, that's what they say.
Could future scientists be responsible for the tunnel and light?
I guess one day we might find out.
It would be alot better that the alternative of non-existence.
Do you think this world is on the right path?
The ravings of a madman.
Silver.:beach:

Aquitaine

I personally doubt that we will ever actually realise that we are dead, since we need our sensory organs to detect information and change, but something that is dead cannot sense (presumably) - so then does that mean that we'll never "experience" death in one regard? :shrug:

St Giordano Bruno

I think do not think do not dwell too much on it, just live your life to the full and whatever happens after death let nature sought it out. It did a pretty good job of making it possible for us to exist in the first place.

Aquitaine

I think do not think do not dwell too much on it, just live your life to the full and whatever happens after death let nature sought it out. It did a pretty good job of making it possible for us to exist in the first place.

Oddly enough, at the same time, Nature does an even more efficient job of killing us. Weird huh? :shrug:

Still, I find topics about things after death incredibly interesting - it's the biggest unsolvable mystery of our lives.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Still, I find topics about things after death incredibly interesting - it's the biggest unsolvable mystery of our lives.

Jesus did Not think death was an unsolvable ? mystery.

Jesus believed the dead sleep the deep sleep of death until they are resurrected from the dead.- John 11vs11-14.

So Jesus would have believed that while in biblical hell [gravedom] he would have been in a deep sleep-like state until God resurrected him.
- Acts 2 vs27,31,32.
Jesus came from heaven, Jesus returned to heaven.
The rest of mankind came from, or started from, earth.
Earth was meant to be mankind's permanent home.

Jesus would have been taught his belief about the condition of the dead from the old Hebrew Scriptures such as Ecclesiastes 9v5 mentiones the dead are not conscious of anything. Also, such Psalms as 6v5 saying there is no remembrance in death. Psalm 13v3 the dead sleep the sleep of death.
Psalm 115v17 the dead do not praise God. Psalm 146v4 thought [thinking] perishes at death.

Jesus would have also known Daniel's writings. Daniel believed the dead sleep in the dust of the earth, but will awaken from death's sleep on resurrection morning, or rise during Jesus millennial-long day or reigning over earth.
Daniel 12vs2,13.

So except for some followers of Jesus that will reign in heaven with Jesus as kings and priests [Rev 5vs9,10; 20v6] the majority of mankind will be resurrected or brought back to live to live right here on earth.

Pagan teaching mixed with Scripture have made death and hell a mystery.
Pagan hell is the one of painful fire.
Biblical hell is the common grave of mankind.
What was translated as hellfire was Gehenna which was a place where things were destroyed not kept burning forever. So in Scripture what was translated as hellfire is a fitting symbol for destruction not torture.

So, except for a small exception of Matthew 12v32; Hebrews 6vs4-6,
the majority of mankind will be resurrected to either heaven or earth.
The small 'little flock' [Luke 12v32] of Jesus' flock Jesus takes to heaven.
The many 'other sheep' of Jesus' flock [John 10v16] have the earthly prospect of living forever right here on a beautiful paradisaic earth with everlasting life in view. That is why Jesus promised the humble meek will inherit: the earth.
That includes an earthly resurrecting of people from the time of Abel.
-Matthew 5v5; Psalm 37vs11,29

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Death has a vital role in the ecology lets get used to it

Adam was not offered death if obedient.
Adam was offered everlasting life [living forever on earth] if obedient.

Wasn't Adam's vital role to be our family head?

Adam was to have children until the earth was full or populated.
So to multiply and fill the earth was not to overpopulate earth.

Apparently reproduction was to stop when earth was populated.
What God's purpose is after that is contained in the new books or new scrolls to be opened mentioned in Revelation during Jesus millennial reign over earth.

St Giordano Bruno

Adam was not offered death if obedient.
Adam was offered everlasting life [living forever on earth] if obedient.

Wasn't Adam's vital role to be our family head?

Adam was to have children until the earth was full or populated.
So to multiply and fill the earth was not to overpopulate earth.

Apparently reproduction was to stop when earth was populated.
What God's purpose is after that is contained in the new books or new scrolls to be opened mentioned in Revelation during Jesus millennial reign over earth.

Death is a law; a law in the balance of nature, not a punishment. There happens to be also similar pagan myths which are not too dissimilar the Genesis story in the bible with Adam and Eve implanting beliefs the death is a kind a punishment from the gods for mankind's disobedience such as the myth of Pandora opening the forbidden box. Forbidden box! Forbidden fruit sound familiar! But the science of ecology has enlightened us with the true functional purpose of death as just a law in the balance of nature.

rukhshanda

At our death time the angel will take our spirit away from our body nicely if we r righteous n cruelly if we r not,then it will ascend towards the skies n God will tell that wether we will b punished or rewarded.after that when our body will b buried in earth our spirit will b given back ,and till the world ends we will lie there in sleeping state.on the judgement day,we all will wake up n then sent to either heaven or hell.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Death is a law; a law in the balance of nature, not a punishment. There happens to be also similar pagan myths which are not too dissimilar the Genesis story in the bible with Adam and Eve implanting beliefs the death is a kind a punishment from the gods for mankind's disobedience such as the myth of Pandora opening the forbidden box. Forbidden box! Forbidden fruit sound familiar! But the science of ecology has enlightened us with the true functional purpose of death as just a law in the balance of nature.

Scripture speaks of sin's law. Sin leads to death. [Rom 5 v12,19] .
If we could stop sinning we would not die. Since we can not resurrect oneself or another we need someone that can resurrect us to either heaven or on earth.
Jesus can and he will.

As far as 'law in the balance of nature' Adam was already aware of Genesis 1v28 to only multiply or reproduce until the earth was full or populated not over full or over populated.

Matthew [25v46] equates 'second death' as: everlasting punishment.
The everlasting punishment is equated to: destruction at 2nd Thess 1v9.
It is only those of Rev [20vs13,14 second death] from which they will have no future resurrection anywhere heaven or earth.

So, except for those of Matt 12v32; Heb 6vs4-6;Psalm 92v7,
Romans 6v7 applies.
All that have died are freed or acquitted from sins. That does not mean they are innocent but as a judge can pardon a person so the crime [sin] charges no longer stick. 'Death' stamps the asking price tag of sin as: Paid In Full.
Thus, because of Jesus ransom paid for our sins Jesus will resurrect the lifeless dead.
-Acts 24v15.

Death stops for the meek sheep-like people at the time of Matthew [25vs31,32]. The living sheep-like people can gain everlasting life without ever having to die, and be around to welcome back the dead during Jesus 1000-year reign over a beautiful paradisaic earth.
-2nd Peter 3v9

St Giordano Bruno

At our death time the angel will take our spirit away from our body nicely if we r righteous n cruelly if we r not,then it will ascend towards the skies n God will tell that wether we will b punished or rewarded.after that when our body will b buried in earth our spirit will b given back ,and till the world ends we will lie there in sleeping state.on the judgement day,we all will wake up n then sent to either heaven or hell.

Personally I find it absolutely impossible to believe that.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Scriptures please^.

What happened to David at death?_________ Acts 2v34; 1st Kings 2v10

How can one be sent to hell if hell dies a symbolic second death of no return?
Rev [20vs13,14] teaches all in hell are 'delivered up' or resurrected.
Doesn't that mean hell is completely emptied out and vacant of people?

The Biblical hell is not the Pagan hell.
Can you think of someone righteous that was sent to hell?________
Jesus was righteous and was buried in hell. Acts 2vs27,31; Psalm 16v10.

The Bible hell is mankind's stone-cold common grave where the dead sleep the deep sleep of death until resurrection day or Jesus millennial-long day of reigning over earth. -Daniel 12vs2,13; Psalm 6v5; 13v3; 115v17; 146v4

At resurrection to either heaven or earth one's spirit or life force will return.
However, at Adam's death he lost his spirit or spark of life forever.
Adam had no spirit before being created. -Gen 2v7.
Adam only became a living soul after he received the breath of life.
At death Adam became a dead soul or lifeless soul returning to dust.
Once Adam sinned he pulled the plug, so to speak, from his Creator.
Like a disconnected fan Adam spirit slowly wound down until it completely stopped in death. For Adam that was second death or no resurrection.

The world itself does not end. The earth abides forever. -Ecc 1v4 B
It is the world of badness that ends or the wicked end.
Psalm 92v7; 37v38; Proverbs 2vs21,22; 10v30; 21v18