• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The period after death

waitasec

Veteran Member
Please keep in mind that the gospel of 'Mark' ends at verse 8.
So verses 9-20 were added on in KJV
The style of writing changes after verse 8, and there are no corresponding or reference Scriptures as there is with the rest of Mark's writings.

Jerome and Eusebius agree Mark ends at verse 8

Those last verses are Not in the Sinaitic Manuscript, the Vatican 1209 or the Sinaitic Syriac codex or Armenian Version.

i'm sorry what does this have anything to do with what we are discussing?

The deeds mentioned at James are spiritual deeds which could include neighborly Samaritan deeds as Jesus mentioned in his illustration of the good Samaritan showing we should all widen out in our love for others besides teach or be teaching others about the good news of God's kingdom.

"they will place their hands on the sick and they will be healed..."
deeds of faith.
Matt 24v14;28vs19,20. Isn't that being done today?

Couldn't the point of having a mark to aim for be for hitting the target to be one of the sheep-like ones of Matthew25vs31,32?

a red herring.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend atanu,

As you have mentioned its all in the MIND and all religions are ways to reach to the no-mind.
Once in the no-mind the bodily pains are accepted without fear and in that gets absorbed as part of the change that takes place during such transformation of energies from one form to another.
If you have read stories of torture by the Britishers of the freedom fighters in India and how they transcended their minds in the name of freedom to overcome any pain to any extent to not feel much and accepted it all likewise one needs to be conscious while death to understand that one need not focus on the pain but on consciousness itself as finally it is all consciousness and nothing else including the body.

Love & rgds

atanu

Premium Member
Friend atanu,

As you have mentioned its all in the MIND and all religions are ways to reach to the no-mind.
Once in the no-mind the bodily pains are accepted without fear and in that gets absorbed as part of the change that takes place during such transformation of energies from one form to another.
If you have read stories of torture by the Britishers of the freedom fighters in India and how they transcended their minds in the name of freedom to overcome any pain to any extent to not feel much and accepted it all likewise one needs to be conscious while death to understand that one need not focus on the pain but on consciousness itself as finally it is all consciousness and nothing else including the body.

Love & rgds

Namaste ZenZero

I agree fully.

We take dip in River Ganga on certain occassions that are said to be auspicious. On the last occassion when I took the dip, I remained under water for some time and came out fearful and gasping for breath. Often I imagine the time when the breath would be snatched away finally from this apparatus.

It is all attachment and imagination, but also real in the sense that the demanding organs encased in this body will raise a desperate hue and cry. Yes. Yogic mastery can avert this mishap. This mind is trying.

Love and Regards

Om

Last edited:

atanu

Premium Member
Why thoughts!!!!!!!!,
I am planning to commit a sucide in coming few days,
I'll definatly post you a answer afterwards.:candle:

Brother Chinu

One should not even entertain such a thought. It is a Sin in our dharma. Now come on with a positive statement.

Love

Om

atanu

Premium Member
Regarding the OP, there is a teaching that one should enquire "Who is Born?". It is also said that knowing that all is known.

Om

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend atanu,

"Who is Born?"
No greater TRUTH than this statement; and personally have arrived in this life with that in mind and the search is still continuing with finding no separate individual born but a part of the *whole*.

Love & rgds

sniper762

i believe that my existense here is a compilation of a non-tangible spiritual being and a tangible physical procreated body.

upon my death, my physical body, my thoughts and anything relating from its composition shall cease to function therefore releasing my spiritual being to continue on forever, being subjected to whatever its creator has in store.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
i believe that my existense here is a compilation of a non-tangible spiritual being and a tangible physical procreated body.
upon my death, my physical body, my thoughts and anything relating from its composition shall cease to function therefore releasing my spiritual being to continue on forever, being subjected to whatever its creator has in store.

Soul [spiritual being] immortality is a common belief.

Where was Adam, according to Scripture, before he was created?
Adam simply did not exist and at death Adam simply did not exist anymore.
From dust to dust.

If a person is immortal then there would be no need for a resurrection back to life because being immortal they never died in the first place.

At what point would a person become immortal? Always existed?

So if one's belief is not from Scripture then where does it come from?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
i'm sorry what does this have anything to do with what we are discussing?
"they will place their hands on the sick and they will be healed..."
deeds of faith.
a red herring.

The response was to Post # 218 on page 22 about Mark's [not Matt] last chapter being added on after verse 8. Mark ends 16v8. After verse 8 it is not Scripture.

waitasec

Veteran Member
The response was to Post # 218 on page 22 about Mark's [not Matt] last chapter being added on after verse 8. Mark ends 16v8. After verse 8 it is not Scripture.

ah yes i see. :eek:
so are you saying there are parts of the bible that are written for the purpose of propaganda? like the entire gospel of john and revelations, to name a few

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
ah yes i see. :eek:
so are you saying there are parts of the bible that are written for the purpose of propaganda? like the entire gospel of john and revelations, to name a few

No, when someone tries to tamper with Scripture it is exposed as false.

Don't you like the happy climax of Revelation?
-Rev 22v2

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
you call that happy? :eek:
after a lifetime of life i'd rather just sleep...

But we've only experienced a lifetime of life in an imperfect state of health.

Wouldn't you like to experience a lifetime of life in a perfect human state?
Wouldn't you enjoy having a perfectly healthy sound mind, heart and body?
That would mean no sickness and no death.

Doesn't Rev 22v2 sound good to you?

waitasec

Veteran Member
But we've only experienced a lifetime of life in an imperfect state of health.

Wouldn't you like to experience a lifetime of life in a perfect human state?
Wouldn't you enjoy having a perfectly healthy sound mind, heart and body?
That would mean no sickness and no death.

Doesn't Rev 22v2 sound good to you?

i don't know about your health, but i'm not sick...
i wouldn't want to spend a lifetime of life in a state of total dominance...
sorry, not for me:D

rev 22:2 would be great if it was under the realization that we are all created equal.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
.../upon physical death, the individual experiences whatever they believe will happen after physical death.

Dear YmirGF,
Perhaps you, yourself have further-developed or, even moved on from this idea altogether by now? Still, I have been thinking about it since this morning and, although I personally believe the spiritual process after life to occur quite effortlessly and painless, if I were wrong and one subjectively did reflect upon what was happening, I can see how "being dead" would seem very different to different individuals, depending on what they believed during life.

My understanding of why, however, is not the same as that presented in OP, for unlike you, I approach the issue from a particular point of view on what [I believe] does happen to consciousness after physical life. I suppose, one could say that I am less open to what truly is and is not :)

Subjectively: If H has lived life in pure self-interest, without ever having experienced anything to make her question the notion of us being individuals (entirely distinct from each other and all physical otherness); it is likely that H -who, in my opinion would be mistaken- upon death, receive an uncomfortable shock! To H, being dead, and therefor having to let go of the idea of being a separate individual, would be very painful. Also, I think H, upon evaluating her actions during life, would conclude she had held the "wrong sort" of priorities.

More objectively put: if "being dead", at all can be experienced, I think that the closer you are in life to the "truth" regarding the nature of post-physical existence, the less negative should "being dead" seem to you. And the more positive ought your judgements about the life you led, be!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
According to Ecclesiastes 9v5 there is No consciousness after death.- just deep sleep.

[Psalm 6v5; 13v3; 115v17; 146v4; John 11vs11-14; Daniel 12vs2,13]

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
i don't know about your health, but i'm not sick...
i wouldn't want to spend a lifetime of life in a state of total dominance...
sorry, not for me:D
rev 22:2 would be great if it was under the realization that we are all created equal.

waitasec- Aren't you getting older each day? Not all die of sickness, some die by an unforeseen occurrence happening.

Since Adam and Eve were created 'equal', doesn't it stand to reason that by the time of Rev 22v2 we will all have the equal physical and spiritual perfection they had before sinning?____________

'Dominance' does seem to carry a negative thought, but being a citizen of a nation does not necessarily carry a negative thought. Being a citizen can carry with it many benefits and even rewards for being a subject of a nation.
Doesn't good government protect its citizens or subjects from harm?
[Paul prospered for being a Roman citizen]

Since all families of the earth will be blessed, and all nations of the earth will be blessed as promised to Abraham [Gen 12v3; 22vs17,18],
then doesn't that stand to reason that those 'blessings' will include rewards and benefits associated with good government?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
for the physical body..........true

What other kind of body do we have?

Angels have spirit bodies and even spirit bodies can be destroyed as Hebrews 2v14 B says Jesus will destroy Satan. Destroy in 'second death' or in death of No resurrection to life anywhere in heaven or on earth.