• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mahdi in the Quran.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Some verses that bring the local warnings to global:

[Shakir 14:5]
And certainly We sent Musa with Our signs, saying: Bring forth your people from utter darkness into light and remind them of the days of Allah; most surely there are signs in this for every patient, grateful one.
وَإِذْ قَالَ مُوسَىٰ لِقَوْمِهِ اذْكُرُوا نِعْمَةَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ إِذْ أَنْجَاكُمْ مِنْ آلِ فِرْعَوْنَ يَسُومُونَكُمْ سُوءَ الْعَذَابِ وَيُذَبِّحُونَ أَبْنَاءَكُمْ وَيَسْتَحْيُونَ نِسَاءَكُمْ ۚ وَفِي ذَٰلِكُمْ بَلَاءٌ مِنْ رَبِّكُمْ عَظِيمٌ {6}
[Shakir 14:6] And when Musa said to his people: Call to mind Allah's favor to you when He delivered you from Firon's people, who subjected you to severe torment, and slew your sons and spared your women; and in this there was a great trial from your Lord.
وَإِذْ تَأَذَّنَ رَبُّكُمْ لَئِنْ شَكَرْتُمْ لَأَزِيدَنَّكُمْ ۖ وَلَئِنْ كَفَرْتُمْ إِنَّ عَذَابِي لَشَدِيدٌ {7}
[Shakir 14:7] And when your Lord made it known: If you are grateful, I would certainly give to you more, and if you are ungrateful, My chastisement is truly severe.
وَقَالَ مُوسَىٰ إِنْ تَكْفُرُوا أَنْتُمْ وَمَنْ فِي الْأَرْضِ جَمِيعًا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ لَغَنِيٌّ حَمِيدٌ {8}
[Shakir 14:8] And Musa said: If you are ungrateful, you and those on earth all together, most surely Allah is Self-sufficient, Praised;
أَلَمْ يَأْتِكُمْ نَبَأُ الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِكُمْ قَوْمِ نُوحٍ وَعَادٍ وَثَمُودَ ۛ وَالَّذِينَ مِنْ بَعْدِهِمْ ۛ لَا يَعْلَمُهُمْ إِلَّا اللَّهُ ۚ جَاءَتْهُمْ رُسُلُهُمْ بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ فَرَدُّوا أَيْدِيَهُمْ فِي أَفْوَاهِهِمْ وَقَالُوا إِنَّا كَفَرْنَا بِمَا أُرْسِلْتُمْ بِهِ وَإِنَّا لَفِي شَكٍّ مِمَّا تَدْعُونَنَا إِلَيْهِ مُرِيبٍ {9}
[Shakir 14:9] Has not the account reached you of those before you, of the people of Nuh and Ad and Samood, and those after them? None knows them but Allah. Their messengers come to them with clear arguments, but they thrust their hands into their mouths and said: Surely we deny that with which you are sent, and most surely we are in serious doubt as to that to which you invite us.

If He wills, He can do away with you, O people, and bring others [in your place]. And ever is Allah competent to do that. (4:133)

And your Lord is Rich (Free of all wants), full of Mercy, if He will, He can destroy you, and in your place make whom He will as your successors, as He raised you from the seed of other people. (6:133)

Have they not seen how many generations We destroyed before them which We had established upon the earth as We have not established you? And We sent [rain from] the sky upon them in showers and made rivers flow beneath them; then We destroyed them for their sins and brought forth after them a generation of others. (6:6)

If Allah were to take mankind to task for their wrong-doing, he would not leave hereon a living creature, but He reprieveth them to an appointed term, and when their term cometh they cannot put (it) off an hour nor (yet) advance (it). (16:61)

The final verse is clear, that God has respited humans, and he wishes to have mercy on them, but there will come a ultimatum for them, and when that comes, if they disbelieve, they will be destroyed.

Whoever is guided is only guided for [the benefit of] his soul. And whoever errs only errs against it. And no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. And never would We punish until We sent a messenger.(17:15)

Finally there is this promise as well, which is clear and has not happened, but will happen if humans disbelieve:

Sahih International: And there is no city but that We will destroy it before the Day of Resurrection or punish it with a severe punishment. That has ever been in the Register inscribed.

Pickthall: There is not a township but We shall destroy it ere the Day of Resurrection, or punish it with dire punishment. That is set forth in the Book (of Our decrees).

Yusuf Ali: There is not a population but We shall destroy it before the Day of Judgment or punish it with a dreadful Penalty: that is written in the (eternal) Record.

Shakir: And there is not a town but We will destroy it before the day of resurrection or chastise it with a severe chastisement; this is written in the Divine ordinance.

Muhammad Sarwar: The decree that all the towns were to be destroyed or afflicted with severe punishment was already written in the Book before the Day of Judgment.

Mohsin Khan: And there is not a town (population) but We shall destroy it before the Day of Resurrection, or punish it with a severe torment. That is written in the Book (of our Decrees)

Arberry: No city is there, but We shall destroy it before the Day of Resurrection, or We shall chastise it with a terrible chastisement; that is in the Book inscribed.

(17:58)

The verse 17:58 keeping in mind Quran and other verses about how God punishes and he doesn't punish without a Messenger, shows, there will be a global Messenger who will display miracles to the whole world, such that, there won't remain a town or city, but will be destroyed if they continue their oppressive ways.

This Messenger however per 33:40 is not a Nabi, and hence, we see the concept of the Mahdi emerging. A person who God sends to revive Islam but not bring a new revelation, but revive the Quran and bring about the true interpretation of Quran.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I refrain from doing this, because, it will be spit fire too much info, as a great deal if not most of Quran I believe is about him. What I will try to do, is show how I've reflected over verses of Quran. Once you get this method of reflection going, he will become clearly in there.

I believe you ought to find the best smoking gun verse and give us that.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The thing is, most people think, if something is not mentioned explicitly, thus it is not there.

So, I agree Mahdi is implied in those verses and many others, but why do you think He is not mentioned explicitly? Or do you think it is explicit?

Why are there thousands of hadithes explicitly about Mahdi, but nothing so explicit in the Quran?

An implication of what? Are you saying that the verse implies there will be more messengers when the Qu'ran says that Mohammed was the last?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I showed verse 4:59 with respect to 4:54 and that with respect to 3:33 from Imam Reda (as) interpretation. Imam Reda (as) that was a clear way to perceive Ahlulbayt's position in Quran over the nation.

I also showed many verses warning through destroyed nations of the past, for the people of Mohammad not to make the same mistake, but that warning to Mohammad's people also being connected to the issue of succession, for example, the Imams and Book among children of Israel was connected with this in allusion to the Imams from us and Quran. I also showed the warning to take on global form on a day of God that is warning to all humans, and showed there is a threat to all humans as God's way will not change, but rather, will take on a global form. The verse 17:58 with flow and context, is clear, is about what destroyed cities have faced and Quran is saying no city or town is safe from such a threat, if they disbelieve and oppress, they will be destroyed.

Now so far we have proven to two things that can be seen independent of each other. That is Ahlulbayt in Quran and the global Messenger. But if you keep in mind 33:40, they can't be, because there won't be a new revelation or new covenant taken, the seal of Prophets is Mohammad.

Aside from that, another proof, lies in the number "twelve". The Twelfth branch of Mohammad's blessed tree he established rooted in Quranic revelation, is yet to appear in public to humanity. We will see what Quran has said in this respect and how it has connected it to the globalization of Islam and victory of God's religion over all religions. The number Twelve is highly connected to the "upheld religion" as well in this sense as well with the name Ali.

In this sense, we will talk about certain words that have mistranslated in this regard, and use hadiths and other verses to clarify the number. We will also see a clear theme in this respect.

We will see in this regard, the Mahdi, is the 12th successor.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
An implication of what? Are you saying that the verse implies there will be more messengers when the Qu'ran says that Mohammed was the last?

Mohammad is the last Nabi. His Ahlulbayt are Messengers, and the 12th Successor will become a Messenger to the whole world.

InvestigateTruth

Muhammad is the last prophet and last messenger, till Day of Resurrection.
But Day of Resurrection is a Metaphorical expression, symbolizing a new guidance from God, who will give life to the disbelievers (dead), and raises them to life ( meaning, the disbelievers becomes believers, and rightly guided).

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe so far, I've debunked, any possibility of the Mahdi but the one described by Shiites. Next, will to be specify out of the Shiites, it's the Twelvers who are right.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In case of Imam Hassan Al-Askari (as), there a lot of hadiths that predicted the names and the 12 Imams, and said it would be the son of Hassan al-askari (as) that is the Qaim/Mahdi. Imam Hassan Al-askari (as) had no other sons, and Sunnis believe he had no sons at all (don't believe he is the father of the Mahdi).

This is where literal interpretation fails miserably.

One can be a Son without being a blood relative. All we have to consider is that Jesus was a Son of God, and we know from the Quran that is a given spiritual Station and not fact of flesh.

The Bab fits all prophecy either materially, or spirituality in station and He produced a Book, many in fact, writings that in two days matched the size of the Quran. The revelation was like a gushing fountain of pure water.

The Bab made the declaration at Mecca in this way;

"... On the last day of His pilgrimage to Mecca, the Bab met Mirza Muhit-i-Kirmani. He stood facing the Black Stone, when the Bab approached him and, taking his hand in His, addressed him in these words: "O Muhit! You regard yourself as one of the most outstanding figures of the shaykhi community and a distinguished exponent of its teachings. In your heart you even claim to be one of the direct successors and rightful inheritors of those twin great Lights, those Stars that have heralded the morn of Divine guidance. Behold, we are both now standing within this most sacred shrine. Within its hallowed precincts, He whose Spirit dwells in this place can cause Truth immediately to be known and distinguished from falsehood, and righteousness from error. Verily I declare, none besides Me in this day, whether in the East or in the West, can claim to be the Gate that leads men to the knowledge of God. My proof is none other than that proof whereby the truth of the Prophet Muhammad was established. Ask Me whatsoever you please; now, at this very moment, I pledge Myself to reveal such verses as can demonstrate the truth of My mission. You must choose either to submit yourself unreservedly to My Cause or to repudiate it entirely. You have no other alternative. If you choose to reject My message, I will not let go your hand until you pledge your word to declare publicly your repudiation of the Truth which I have proclaimed. Thus shall He who speaks the Truth be made known, and he that speaks falsely shall be condemned to eternal misery and shame. Then shall the way of Truth be revealed and made manifest to all men."

Then there was the farsical trial that was set up." The avowed purpose of that convocation was to arraign the Prisoner, and deliberate on the steps to be taken for the extirpation of His so-called heresy. It instead afforded Him the supreme opportunity of His mission to assert in public, formally and without any reservation, the claims inherent in His Revelation. In the official residence, and in the presence, of the governor of Ádhirbayján, Násiri'd-Dín Mírzá, the heir to the throne; under the presidency of Hájí Mullá Mahmúd, the Nizámu'l-`Ulamá, the Prince's tutor; before the assembled ecclesiastical dignitaries of Tabríz, the leaders of the Shaykhí community, the Shaykhu'l-Islám, and the Imám-Jum'ih, the Báb, having seated Himself in the chief place which had been reserved for the Valí-`Ahd (the heir to the throne), gave, in ringing tones, His celebrated answer to the question put to Him by the President of that assembly. "I am," He exclaimed, "I am, I am the Promised One! I am the One Whose name you have for a thousand years invoked, at Whose mention you have risen, Whose advent you have longed to witness, and the hour of Whose Revelation you have prayed God to hasten. Verily, I say, it is incumbent upon the peoples of both the East and the West to obey My word, and to pledge allegiance to My person."

So that is the quandary of your post and the quandary all Muslims face, the question raised is 'are they still waiting for event that happened in the mid 1800's?'

The proofs many, the fruits of Faith are the proof that the Message was not that of a False Prophet.

That is the way I see it, you need not even consider it at all, but after this post there is no more to be offered.

May peace be with you always.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

I believe so far, I've debunked, any possibility of the Mahdi but the one described by Shiites. Next, will to be specify out of the Shiites, it's the Twelvers who are right.

There is no Hadith that actually says, 11th Imam had a child. Even if there was such a hadith, you still need to prove it from Quran. You have to bring an evidence from the Quran. But there reason it appears as if 11th Imam is said to have a child, was to test Muslims, and here is the proof:

there is an interesting Tradition in Kafi, you should really think about it:

abu Basir narrates from abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) who has said the following:
"Allah sent revelation to ‘Imran saying, "I will grant you a perfect and holy son who would cure the blind and the lepers and bring the dead back to life by Allah, the permission of Allah and I make him a messenger to the israelites." ‘Imran then said it to his wife, Hanna, mother of Mary all about it When she conceive with the baby Mary and she thought to herself that the baby will be a boy. When she give birth to Mary she said, "Lord, I have given birth to a girl and boys are not like girls. A girl can not be a messenger. Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most gracious, has said, "Allah knows to who have you given birth. When Allah, the Most High, granted Jesus to Mary he was the boy promised to ‘Imran. He promised Jesus to ‘Imran. When we would say something about a man from us and that thing would be found in his sons or grand sons then you must not deny it."

The Quranic evidence for this Hadith is in verse 3:36,
“But when she delivered her, she said, "My Lord, I have delivered a female." And Allah was most knowing of what she delivered, "And the male is not like the female…..”

2 in the same Book, Ibrahim ibn ‘Umar al-Yamani narrated from abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) who has said the following:
"If we would say something about a man and it would not be found in him but it would be found in his sons or his grandsons you must not reject it. It is because Allah does what he wants."

So, according to these Traditions, even if Imams had said that Qaim was to appear in the son of the 11th Imam, but if He is born in later generations (last period of time) Muslims must not deny Him.

this idea that Qaim was born long time ago, and God prolongs His life until He rises, contradicts with Quran and Traditions, for the following other reasons:

In the Book Rijal Alkeshi, it is recorded that Imam Reza said,
“…if God wanted to prolong the lifespan of anyone among mankind, due to the needs of the people, God would have prolonged the life of Muhammad, the Messenger of God".

کتابخانه مدرسه فقاهت - رجال الکشی - الشیخ الطوسی

This Hadith has evidence from Quran, since according to verses of Quran, the Prophets who lived before Muhammad died, and in another verse of Quran, He says, God did not give everlasting life to Prophets. In another words, it is contradictory with Quran, if one believes, God prolonged the Age of Qaim, so that He rises later.

Yes, in some verses it may appear, some prophets like Noah had a long life, but, the Quran does not say, every verse is literal. "Some of its verses are Mutishabihat (metaphors and figurative)" 3:7

And in another Tradition from Sadiq, recorded in Bihar:

“It is a great affliction, that their man (the Qaim) appears in young age to them while they expect that he is an old man.”

InvestigateTruth

Here a hadith from Imam Bagher who says, Mahdi will be born during the End Time (akher u zamaan)

- (الامام الباقر عليه السلام) " فسلي يا أم هاني قالت: قلت: يا سيدي قول الله عزوجل: فلا أقسم بالخنس الجوار الكنس، قال: نعم المسألة سألتني يا أم هاني. هذا مولود في آخر الزمان، هو المهدي من هذه العترة، تكون له حيرة وغيبة، يضل فيها أقوام، ويهتدي فيها أقوام: فيا طوبى لك إن أدركته، ويا طوبى لمن أدركه

معجم أحاديث الإمام المهدي ع - الكوراني العاملي، الشيخ علي - کتابخانه مدرسه فقاهت

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
[Shakir 10:102] What do they wait for then but the like of the days of those who passed away before them? Say: Wait then; surely I too am with you of those who wait.
[Pickthal 10:102] What expect they save the like of the days of those who passed away before them? Say: Expect then! I am with you among the expectant.
[Yusufali 10:102] Do they then expect (any thing) but (what happened in) the days of the men who passed away before them? Say: "Wait ye then: for I, too, will wait with you."
ثُمَّ نُنَجِّي رُسُلَنَا وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا ۚ كَذَٰلِكَ حَقًّا عَلَيْنَا نُنْجِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ {103}
[Shakir 10:103] Then We deliver Our messengers and those who believe-- even so (now), it is binding on Us (that) We deliver the believers.
[Pickthal 10:103] Then shall We save Our messengers and the believers, in like manner (as of old). It is incumbent upon Us to save believers.
[Yusufali 10:103] In the end We deliver Our messengers and those who believe: Thus is it fitting on Our part that We should deliver those who believe!

Let's start with these two verses. I believe they for-warn about the Mahdi.

There are more verses that contextualize the above, and the waiting of disbelievers vs the waiting of believers, but God has sent many who God delivers the believers by and it's still upon him to deliver the believers from their oppressors.

I will start with these two verses and we will see that a lot if not most of the Quran warnings are regarding the Mahdi.

The following verse is about the Mahdi:
"Before this We wrote in the Psalms, after the Message (given to Moses): My servants the righteous, shall inherit the earth."

Look how the verse is talking about inheriting the land, i.e., the whole earth..
Who can do it other than the Mahdi!
If anybody else would try, he would be nuked :)

But in Shia Islam, we believe that we should refer to Ahlulbayt for explanation of the Quran..As we can misunderstand many verses.

And Ahlulbayt have explained that many verses are talking about the Mahdi.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
Here a hadith from Imam Bagher who says, Mahdi will be born during the End Time (akher u zamaan)

- (الامام الباقر عليه السلام) " فسلي يا أم هاني قالت: قلت: يا سيدي قول الله عزوجل: فلا أقسم بالخنس الجوار الكنس، قال: نعم المسألة سألتني يا أم هاني. هذا مولود في آخر الزمان، هو المهدي من هذه العترة، تكون له حيرة وغيبة، يضل فيها أقوام، ويهتدي فيها أقوام: فيا طوبى لك إن أدركته، ويا طوبى لمن أدركه

معجم أحاديث الإمام المهدي ع - الكوراني العاملي، الشيخ علي - کتابخانه مدرسه فقاهت
If you mean that the Imam meant that the Mahdi is not born now, then you are wrong.
first you have to understand the hadith in light of the other hadiths.
Then Akhir al Zaman has many meanings.
According to some meanings, the prophet is called the prophet of Akhir al zaman.
then the hadith is talking about a (very long) disappearance of the Imam.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Just to give mental clarity regarding this:

In Quran, there is a concept that is very important known as "the house" "the family of the reminder" "the folk of the house".

Some verses to this effect have been shown, but it would be too much lengths to quote all the verses about this concept.

The household of Moses and the household of Aaron are said to be one family in the Quran, by the singular tarakat it's known God deems it one family.

Keeping in mind Quran says there was a chosen household in Bani-Israel as well, we will recite some verses to this effect:

I will quote something I've written elsewhere:

The next translations I will give to, is:

"And from the people of the Moses was a way/course that guided by the truth and by it they established justice. And we cut them into twelve branches as courses/ways...."

Proof:

From Ibn Abbas who said, I heard Prophet Muhammad (saww) say, "O the Muslim community, know that for Allah (swt) there is a door, whoever enters it, is save from the fire and from the greatest fear."

Then Abu Saeed Al-Khudhri stood up and said, "O Messenger of Allah (swt), Guide us towards this door such that we know it."

Prophet Muhammad (saww) said, "He is Ali ibn Abi Talib (as), the Master of the Guardians and Amir Al-Momineen and the brother of the Messenger of Allah (swt), and His successor over all the creations."

"O People, the one who wishes that he holds on to the strong rope which does not break/separate, then he should hold on-to the Wilayah of Ali bin Abi Talib (as). Because His Wilayah is My Wilayah, and his obedience is My obedience."

"O People, the one who wishes that he recognizes the Hujjah (proof) after Me, then he should recognize Ali bin Abi Talib (as)."

"O People, the one who is pleased that he takes the Wilayah of Allah (swt), then he should Hold on to Ali ibn Abi Talib (as), because He is keeper of My knowledge."

"O People, the one who wishes that he meets Allah (swt) while Allah (swt) is pleased with him, Then he should believe in Wilayah of number of Imams (as)."

Then Jabin bin Abdullah stood up and said, “And what is the Number of the Imams (as)?”

Prophet Muhammad (saww) said, “O Jabir, You asked me, Allah (swt) have mercy upon you. For Islam with its entirety, the number of Imam’s (as) is the number of luminaries and this is with Allah (swt) twelve luminaries in the book of Allah (swt) on the day of the creation of the skies and the earth. [9:36]

And the number of the Imam’s (as) is the number of springs that gushed forth for Musa bin Imran (as) when He struck the sea with his staff and gushed forth from it twelve springs. [2:60] And the number of the Imam’s (as) is the number of Captains of Bani Israeel. Allah (swt) says, "Allah did take a covenant from the Children of Israel, and we raised from them twelve Captains” [5:12]. And the Imam’s (as) O Jabir, the first of them is Ali bin Abi Talib (as) and the last of them is the Qaim blessings be upon them all.

[Source: Irshaad Al-Quloob, Vol. 2, Pg. 261]

It is reported in a narration that the Prophet (pbuh) said, "Husayn is from me, and I am from Husayn. Allah loves whoever loves Husayn. Husayn is a sibt (branch) among the asbat (branches)." (see Tirmidhi, Manaqib, 31; Majmauz-Zawaid, 9/181). Tirmidhi states that this hadith is hasan.

My comment: The Quran after mentioning Abraham's successors, Ismael, Isaac, Yaqoub, in a couple of places says "And the branches", it obviously means those who are branches to the founders like Abraham like Joseph, and like the Prophets that were just mentioned.

As for Ummatan being translated to way and course, in the Quran, it says "and we found our fathers upon a course/way/path..", there it's the same word, and another place it says "And Abraham was a course/way that was obedient to God...".

The verse I translated, like 5:12, can be seen to emphasize on the number of branches that follow the founder. The number is Twelve. The ones' to represent and be the means to understanding the original message is twelve, they are the luminaries to be turned to and relied upon, which is also another translation of the word Shahr which is also the word of lunar month. The word for lunar month took on that word, because, the moon was actually like a luminary the provided light. So they called it that, for some reason, but the original word meant luminary that people rely on for illumination.

These verses if pondered and reflected properly show, the importance and authority of the number Twelve in Islam.

If you read the context of the luminaries, it's saying, it's always twelve luminaries to represent the founder. The problem with Bab is that he is a founder himself and doesn't have twelve Successor or branches or luminaries that are his household. The same is true of Bah'allah.

Plus in Du'a Nudba which is said to be words of Imams (as) per Baha'allah.

The following is stated:

"Is there a way so to meet you, O son of A¦mad (the Prophet)?" . That and we talk to the Imam shows he is alive.

There is the following as well:

؟اَيْنَ بَقِيَّةُ اللهِ الَّتِىْ لاَ تَخْلُوْ مِنَ الْعِتْرَةِ الْهَادِيَةِ

"Where is the Baqiyatallah (the remaining of God) which the family of guidance is never without one"

The prayer speaks it for itself: Dua nudba

That and it's proven in Quran, there is never a time without a witness and a guide on earth.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Also, in Du'a Nudba:

I eagerly long for you who is out of sight, but has not forsaken us. I eagerly long for you who has departed and is invisible, but is not far from us.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Also, in Du'a Nudba:

I eagerly long for you who is out of sight, but has not forsaken us. I eagerly long for you who has departed and is invisible, but is not far from us.

Hope eagerly but they still wait, in all Faiths, for fulfilled promises.

A warning to the wise.

The promises have been fulfilled.

Mark 8:18 "Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear? And don't you remember?"

7:179 "And We have certainly created for Hell many of the jinn and mankind. They have hearts with which they do not understand, they have eyes with which they do not see, and they have ears with which they do not hear. Those are like livestock; rather, they are more astray. It is they who are the heedless."

Allah is aware of our blindness;

6:103. Eyes comprehend Him not, but He comprehends all eyes. He is the All-Subtle, the All-Aware.

Regards Tony

InvestigateTruth

If you mean that the Imam meant that the Mahdi is not born now, then you are wrong.
first you have to understand the hadith in light of the other hadiths.
Then Akhir al Zaman has many meanings.
According to some meanings, the prophet is called the prophet of Akhir al zaman.
then the hadith is talking about a (very long) disappearance of the Imam.
Disappearance of the Qaim is after His rise, according to this Hadith:

It is recorded in Bihar, vol. 51-53:
Abu Basir said to Abu Abdullah Imam Sadiq (a.s.) that Abu Ja’far, Baqir (a.s.) often said: “The Qaim of Muhammad’s progeny will disappear twice; one will be longer than the other.”
He said: “Yes, but that will not be until the army of the tribe of so and so disagrees, life becomes so difficult, the Sufyani rises, distresses and calamities increase and death and killing spread among people until they resort to the sanctum of Allah and the sanctum of the Prophet.

Therefore, the disappearance of Qaim according to this Hadith, is after His rise, because as the Hadith says, His disappearance is after rise of Sufyani, and Qaim and Sufyani rise in the same year.

But, there is a Hadith that your Imam disappears in year 260. That is allususion to passing of the 11th Imam!