1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured The Kingdom; hard to envision?

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by capumetu, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Israel Khan

Israel Khan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,617
    Religion:
    None
    OK. So you aren't sure that you are correct, but you recognize that you might be wrong and teaching a falsehood at the moment?

• Like Like x 1
  2. capumetu

capumetu Active Member

Ratings:
    +126
    Religion:
    Jehovah's witness

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. capumetu

capumetu Active Member

Ratings:
    +126
    Religion:
    Jehovah's witness
    Certainly. Matter of fact early in teaching a new Bible student I openly tell them, I may be correct and I may be wrong in what I teach you, God's word is truth. You have to determine for yourself if what I say is correct or not.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Israel Khan

Ratings:
    +2,617
    Religion:
    None
    Okay so you believe that a perfect world will still have its struggles but no harmful conflict between humans maybe?

5. Israel Khan

Ratings:
    +2,617
    Religion:
    None
    I respect you for that.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. capumetu

capumetu Active Member

Ratings:
    +126
    Religion:
    Jehovah's witness
    The perfect world will be brought back to God's original purpose. When satan and those who side with him are destroyed, we will technically be right back to the start, moving forward on the path that God intended.

7. capumetu

capumetu Active Member

Ratings:
    +126
    Religion:
    Jehovah's witness
    Thanks Israel, but it is simply the truth.

8. Jacques de Molay

Ratings:
    +18
    Religion:
    Christian
    He's not "waiting" for anything. It's up to us. His promise is clear...But most reject it.

9. dybmh

dybmh Terminal Optimist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,096
    Religion:
    Judaism
    Does Jesus describe the Kingdom in detail? I looked on my own, but didn't find it.

10. RayofLight

RayofLight He/they

Ratings:
    +2,720
    Religion:
    Dark Pagan Witch looking into Left Handed paths
    #50 RayofLight, Jan 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  11. Israel Khan

Ratings:
    +2,617
    Religion:
    None
    Yes, but would humans still have struggles to overcome?

12. Israel Khan

Ratings:
    +2,617
    Religion:
    None
    Well I rarely come across a person who takes their logic to their natural conclusion like you have. Many don't recognise that if beliefs can change that current beliefs might also be prone to change. They often believe that their current beliefs are definitely true despite past experience.

13. dybmh

dybmh Terminal Optimist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,096
    Religion:
    Judaism
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,357
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe that isn't exactly true. The scripture mentions trees for healing which suggests sickness that needs to be healed. And although there is no death from old age there are other ways to die. That is why the gods who were said to have eternal life are no longer with us.

15. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,357
    Religion:
    Christian
    i believe that occurs at the end of the world in this cycle.

16. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,357
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe they do when God speaks them.

17. RayofLight

RayofLight He/they

Ratings:
    +2,720
    Religion:
    Dark Pagan Witch looking into Left Handed paths
    I believe their talking about after the Millennium but I cant remember what verses support it...

18. Polymath257

Polymath257 Think & Care
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +23,589
    Religion:
    Non-theist
    But you cannot *know* it is from God. You can only know you experienced something you can't account for.

19. capumetu

capumetu Active Member

Ratings:
    +126
    Religion:
    Jehovah's witness
    The Bible identifies what the Kingdom is to a great degree sir.

Enjoy this video: https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/good-news-from-god/what-is-gods-kingdom/video-kingdom-come/

This may help:
    God’s Kingdom is a real government established by Jehovah God. “The kingdom of God” is also called “the kingdom of heaven” in the Bible, since it rules from heaven. (Mark 1:14, 15; Matthew 4:17, King James Version) It shares many attributes of human governments, yet it is superior to them in every way.

• Rulers. God has appointed Jesus Christ as King of the Kingdom and has given him more authority than any human ruler could ever have. (Matthew 28:18) Jesus uses this power only for good, since he has already proved to be a reliable and compassionate Leader. (Matthew 4:23; Mark 1:40, 41; 6:31-34; Luke 7:11-17) Under God’s direction, Jesus has selected persons from all nations who will “rule as kings over the earth” with him in heaven.—Revelation 5:9, 10.

• Duration. Unlike human governments, which come and go, God’s Kingdom “will never be brought to ruin.”—Daniel 2:44.

• Subjects. Anyone who does what God requires can be a subject of God’s Kingdom, without regard for ancestry or birthplace.—Acts 10:34, 35.

• Laws. The laws (or commandments) of God’s Kingdom do more than just prohibit wrong behavior. They raise the moral character of its subjects. For example, the Bible says: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. The second, like it, is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’” (Matthew 22:37-39) Love of God and neighbor moves subjects of the Kingdom to act in the best interests of others.

• Education. While God’s Kingdom sets high standards for its subjects, it also teaches people how to meet those standards.—Isaiah 48:17, 18.

• Mission. The Kingdom of God doesn’t enrich its rulers at the expense of its subjects. Instead, it will accomplish God’s will, including the promise that those who love him will live forever on a paradise earth.—Isaiah 35:1, 5, 6; Matthew 6:10; Revelation 21:1-4.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. capumetu

capumetu Active Member

Ratings:
    +126
    Religion:
    Jehovah's witness
    (Isaiah 33:24) . . .And no resident will say: “I am sick.” The people dwelling in the land will be pardoned for their error.

This is prophecy Muffled, as never in history has this been fulfilled. I sure hope you are wrong.