• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kingdom; hard to envision?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The Bible tells us the scene of this world is changing. Many people are seeing those changes sir. Mat chap 24 gives us a heads up on the time period, but does not go into exact details. We have reason to believe Jesus was enthroned as King in 1914, and part of that sign was that the generation that observed the start of his presence, would not die off prior to the fulfillment. Mat 24:34

The day and hour is not known at this time.
Well, one quotes from the Bible, I am not a JW, but I had attended for some time service in the Kingdom Hall, most of the time they read from Watchtower Magazine, please. Is the OP a copy/past from the Magazine, please?
Correct me if I am wrong, please. Right friend, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
We believe Jesus received the crown in 1914, so that would be the generation that would not pass before his returning to remove the wicked and usher in God's Kingdom.
Does one mean:

"World War I was a global war originating in Europe that lasted from 28 July 1914 to 11 November 1918." Wikipedia

What it has to do with Jesus as per the Watch Tower magazine issue published just before 28 July 1914, please? Right friend, please?

Regards

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The JWs read from the Watch Tower Magazine and say things written in it, and the editors of a magazine do change, please. Right friends, please
This means nothing. The editors are all Christians who all share the same beliefs. The WT has been in continuous publication since the late 1800's.

Well, one quotes from the Bible, I am not a JW, but I had attended for some time service in the Kingdom Hall, most of the time they read from Watchtower Magazine, please. Is the OP a copy/past from the Magazine, please?
Correct me if I am wrong, please.

Do you know what the Watchtower Magazine is for? It is a Bible study aid....designed to help readers to understand the Bible passages that they are reading. When one of Jesus' disciples asked an Ethiopian Proselyte who was reading God's word...."Do you actually know what you are reading?” 31 He said: “Really, how could I ever do so unless someone guided me?”

What is the use of reading something that you do not understand? The Bible is not a Book that you can read from cover to cover like a novel. It is one story with many chapters but unless you understand what is written in previous chapters, which are not always in chronological order, not a lot of it makes sense.

"World War I was a global war originating in Europe that lasted from 28 July 1914 to 11 November 1918." Wikipedia

What it has to do with Jesus as per the Watch Tower magazine issue published just before 28 July 1914, please?
Jesus foretold that the "last days" of the present system of things would begin with unprecedented warfare....the most unprecedented war in history was "The Great War" of 1914...it was the first global conflict in which all nations were involved and millions died. It ushered in a period of time where all of the features that Jesus said would identify this period were in evidence......

"Then they questioned him, saying: “Teacher, when will these things actually be, and what will be the sign when these things are to occur?” 8 He said: “Look out that you are not misled, for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time is near.’ Do not go after them. 9 Furthermore, when you hear of wars and disturbances, do not be terrified. For these things must take place first, but the end will not occur immediately.”

10 Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.

12 “But before all these things happen, people will lay their hands on you and persecute you, handing you over to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and governors for the sake of my name. 13 It will result in your giving a witness." . . . .

“Also, there will be signs in the sun and moon and stars, and on the earth anguish of nations not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and its agitation. 26 People will become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 But as these things start to occur, stand up straight and lift up your heads, because your deliverance is getting near. . . . .

“But pay attention to yourselves that your hearts never become weighed down with overeating and heavy drinking and anxieties of life, and suddenly that day be instantly upon you 35 as a snare. For it will come upon all those dwelling on the face of the whole earth. 36 Keep awake, then, all the time making supplication+ that you may succeed in escaping all these things that must occur and in standing before the Son of man.”
(Luke 21)

We believe that we are deep into this "time of the end" and that the features of the "sign" that Jesus gave, have continued to take place since then.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
This means nothing. The editors are all Christians who all share the same beliefs. The WT has been in continuous publication since the late 1800's.

Do you know what the Watchtower Magazine is for? It is a Bible study aid....designed to help readers to understand the Bible passages that they are reading. When one of Jesus' disciples asked an Ethiopian Proselyte who was reading God's word...."Do you actually know what you are reading?” 31 He said: “Really, how could I ever do so unless someone guided me?”

What is the use of reading something that you do not understand? The Bible is not a Book that you can read from cover to cover like a novel. It is one story with many chapters but unless you understand what is written in previous chapters, which are not always in chronological order, not a lot of it makes sense.

Jesus foretold that the "last days" of the present system of things would begin with unprecedented warfare....the most unprecedented war in history was "The Great War" of 1914...it was the first global conflict in which all nations were involved and millions died. It ushered in a period of time where all of the features that Jesus said would identify this period were in evidence......

"Then they questioned him, saying: “Teacher, when will these things actually be, and what will be the sign when these things are to occur?” 8 He said: “Look out that you are not misled, for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time is near.’ Do not go after them. 9 Furthermore, when you hear of wars and disturbances, do not be terrified. For these things must take place first, but the end will not occur immediately.”

10 Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.

12 “But before all these things happen, people will lay their hands on you and persecute you, handing you over to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and governors for the sake of my name. 13 It will result in your giving a witness." . . . .

“Also, there will be signs in the sun and moon and stars, and on the earth anguish of nations not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and its agitation. 26 People will become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 But as these things start to occur, stand up straight and lift up your heads, because your deliverance is getting near. . . . .

“But pay attention to yourselves that your hearts never become weighed down with overeating and heavy drinking and anxieties of life, and suddenly that day be instantly upon you 35 as a snare. For it will come upon all those dwelling on the face of the whole earth. 36 Keep awake, then, all the time making supplication+ that you may succeed in escaping all these things that must occur and in standing before the Son of man.”
(Luke 21)

We believe that we are deep into this "time of the end" and that the features of the "sign" that Jesus gave, have continued to take place since then.
" Jesus"

Innocent Jesus s/o Mary has nothing to do with the NT:
  1. Innocent Jesus did not write anything by himself.
  2. Innocent Jesus did not dictate anything to anybody
  3. The main event mentioned in the made-up Gospels is the event of Crucifixion of innocent Jesus but none of the Gospels' anonymous and sinful writers, I understand is an eye witness of the event.
Right friend @Deeje and friend @capumetu , please?

Regards

capumetu

Correct me if I am wrong, please. Right friend, please?

Regards
Mat 24 is part of the Christian Bible sir.

capumetu

Does one mean:

What it has to do with Jesus as per the Watch Tower magazine issue published just before 28 July 1914, please? Right friend, please?

Regards

Sorry sir, I do not know what was published in that Magazine. We believe however that WW#1 was the fulfillment of the prophecy Jesus gave at Mat 24:7 "Nation would rise against Nation, and Kingdom against Kingdom"; does that make sense sir?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Sorry sir, I do not know what was published in that Magazine. We believe however that WW#1 was the fulfillment of the prophecy Jesus gave at Mat 24:7 "Nation would rise against Nation, and Kingdom against Kingdom"; does that make sense sir?
Don't the JWs have Watch Tower Magazine Archive, please?
And WW1, I understand, was all a Pauline-Christianity warfare, please? Did they do it to fulfill what sinful Mathew wrote and to support the sinful JWs, please?

Regards
  1. "World War I, also known as the First World War or the Great War, had a major impact on global society and culture. Religion was also impacted. Christianity in both Europe and the United States served to unite fellow soldiers of the same denomination and motivated them to fight. Some European countries shared unity across denominations while others did not. In Germany, Catholic and Protestant differences caused tension while Austria-Hungary did not unify Catholic services.[1]"
  2. "Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society publications have made a series of predictions about Christ's Second Coming and the advent of God's Kingdom, each of which has gone unfulfilled. Almost all the predictions for 1878, 1881, 1914, 1918 and 1925 were later reinterpreted as a confirmation of the eschatological framework of the Bible Student movement and Jehovah's Witnesses, with many of the predicted events viewed as having taken place invisibly."
  3. "In 1889 they predicted: "Within the coming 26 years all present governments will be overthrown and dissolved; ... the final end of the kingdoms of this world ... will be accomplished by the end of A.D. 1914 ... [Armageddon] will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete over throw of earth's present rulership."32 They made seven major predictions to be fulfilled by 1915. All failed"
  4. "According to JW leaders, the way to prove they are the "prophet of God ... is to review the record. What does it show?"11 Actually the record shows that JWs have taught many things they now disbelieve."
  5. “So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come? These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? . . . This “prophet” was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian witnesses . . . Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a “prophet” of God. It is another thing to prove it,” (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1972, p. 197)."

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
" Jesus"

Innocent Jesus s/o Mary has nothing to do with the NT:
  1. Innocent Jesus did not write anything by himself.
  2. Innocent Jesus did not dictate anything to anybody
  3. The main event mentioned in the made-up Gospels is the event of Crucifixion of innocent Jesus but none of the Gospels' anonymous and sinful writers, I understand is an eye witness of the event.
Right friend @Deeje and friend @capumetu , please?

You keep making erroneous statements and asking if they are right......NO! they are not right. Whatever source you are gaining your information from, it is NOT correct. Everything you have said is WRONG. The adjectives ("sinful" etc) just make the lies even more offensive.

1. Jesus did not need to write anything. God assigned his own secretaries for that task and it was all written under his inspiration. IOW God had written down what he wanted to include for future generations.

2. Jesus did not need to dictate anything to eye witnesses to what he said and did. His apostles were with him for the entire period of his ministry. Not everything he did and said were recorded however.....just the important things and by having 4 accounts from different perspectives, a complete story is achieved as some include details that the others leave out. This is why a court of law requires more than one witness to an event.

3. "Made up Gospels"? "None of the writers was an eyewitness of the event"? You understand nothing I'm afraid.

Who is telling you these lies? Please stop asking these ridiculous questions as if you know more about our faith than we do. o_O

capumetu

Don't the JWs have Watch Tower Magazine Archive, please?
And WW1, I understand, was all a Pauline-Christianity warfare, please? Did they do it to fulfill what sinful Mathew wrote and to support the sinful JWs, please?

Regards
  1. "World War I, also known as the First World War or the Great War, had a major impact on global society and culture. Religion was also impacted. Christianity in both Europe and the United States served to unite fellow soldiers of the same denomination and motivated them to fight. Some European countries shared unity across denominations while others did not. In Germany, Catholic and Protestant differences caused tension while Austria-Hungary did not unify Catholic services.[1]" Definitely stands out doesn't it. Mat 24:7
  2. "Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society publications have made a series of predictions about Christ's Second Coming and the advent of God's Kingdom, each of which has gone unfulfilled. Almost all the predictions for 1878, 1881, 1914, 1918 and 1925 were later reinterpreted as a confirmation of the eschatological framework of the Bible Student movement and Jehovah's Witnesses, with many of the predicted events viewed as having taken place invisibly." Jehovah's witnesses teach then as well as now that we do not know the day or hour yet.
  3. "In 1889 they predicted: "Within the coming 26 years all present governments will be overthrown and dissolved; ... the final end of the kingdoms of this world ... will be accomplished by the end of A.D. 1914 ... [Armageddon] will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete over throw of earth's present rulership."32 They made seven major predictions to be fulfilled by 1915. All failed" We later came to understand that would be the date Jesus received the crown, thus ushering the world into it's last day stretch. The last days would not exceed on generations life span.
  4. "According to JW leaders, the way to prove they are the "prophet of God ... is to review the record. What does it show?"11 Actually the record shows that JWs have taught many things they now disbelieve."We believe we are Jehovah's witnesses sir, those assigned to spread the Kingdom message to the ends of the earth.
  5. “So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come? These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? . . . This “prophet” was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian witnesses . . . Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a “prophet” of God. It is another thing to prove it,” (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1972, p. 197)." Jesus assigned the faithful slave to shepherd his sheep Mat 24:45-47

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Imagine a world without wars, without crime, poverty, or even sickness and death. Virtually impossible right? Yet that is what Jehovah promises, and just as sure as His existence it will come about.
Imagine you are God Himself... you only have remember it. Sounds great right? That is what Hinduism says.
I can do this for all religions. So what is the point?
PS: I dislike sales pitches.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You keep making erroneous statements and asking if they are right......NO! they are not right. Whatever source you are gaining your information from, it is NOT correct. Everything you have said is WRONG. The adjectives ("sinful" etc) just make the lies even more offensive.

1. Jesus did not need to write anything. God assigned his own secretaries for that task and it was all written under his inspiration. IOW God had written down what he wanted to include for future generations.

2. Jesus did not need to dictate anything to eye witnesses to what he said and did. His apostles were with him for the entire period of his ministry. Not everything he did and said were recorded however.....just the important things and by having 4 accounts from different perspectives, a complete story is achieved as some include details that the others leave out. This is why a court of law requires more than one witness to an event.

3. "Made up Gospels"? "None of the writers was an eyewitness of the event"? You understand nothing I'm afraid.

Who is telling you these lies? Please stop asking these ridiculous questions as if you know more about our faith than we do. o_O
""None of the writers was an eyewitness of the event"? You understand nothing I'm afraid."
Also friend @capumetu ,please.

Just let us know where Matthew was located and seeing the event of Jesus on the Cross?
Why Mark/John/Luke couldn't observe and report seeing Matthew and vice verse, please?
As for Paul, isn't faking a vision a sinful act, please?

I am afraid one is mistaken. Right, please?
Before becoming a JW, in what denomination one was, please?
I am not against one or the JWs, I am just pointing it out that Paul was the person that fits to be " the wolf in the sheep's clothing" Jesus warned against. Right friend, please?

Regards

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Let me please remind you that you are a "fringe" Muslim talking to those who are believed to be "fringe" Christians.....Jesus might be part of your belief system, but you have no business claiming things about him that our scripture does not teach. Your prophet is Muhammad, so unless you obey Jesus, (who was Jewish) you have no claim on him.

Jesus said that 'salvation originates with the Jews', but it does not end with them. The Messiah was to come through the seed of Abraham, but Moses was clear about which sons of Abraham would receive that blessing......it wasn't Ishmael. Islam IMO, has no claim whatsoever on Jesus.

""None of the writers was an eyewitness of the event"? You understand nothing I'm afraid."
Also friend @capumetu ,please.

Just let us know where Matthew was located and seeing the event of Jesus on the Cross?

Are you familiar with the fact that the Bible indicates that all the apostles were with Jesus on the night of his arrest. As he stepped forward to the armed mob who came for him, Jesus requested that if they had come for him, that they should let his disciples go.

Out of fear they fled the scene as it was prophesied in Zechariah 13:7...”Then Jesus said to them: “All of you will be stumbled in connection with me on this night, for it is written: ‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered about.’ 32 But after I have been raised up, I will go ahead of you into Galʹi·lee.” (Matthew 26:31-32; John 16:32)

Peter had assured Jesus that he would never deny him, but was told by Jesus that before a rooster crowed in the morning, he would have denied knowing him three times. Fear of man can be powerful and the apostles were human like the rest of us.
When Peter heard the rooster crow, he wept out of deep feelings of shame.

If you feared for your life, would you turn up at an execution imagining that you might be next? That John was there as his Master was dying, showed his great affection for his “Lord” and eye witnesses would have spread the details of all that took place on that momentous day. It would have been a public spectacle talked about for quite some time.

The disciples came together after Jesus' death and John would have shared his first hand account of what took place. Jesus appeared to them and reassured them of his love for them...and he stayed around for 40 days to strengthen them to carry on in his absence. There was still a lot of work to do.

Why Mark/John/Luke couldn't observe and report seeing Matthew and vice verse, please?

So what? :shrug: The Christian scriptures do not convey every single thing that happened whilst Jesus walked the earth. (John 21:25)
"All scripture is inspired of God".....this is what we believe, though it may not be what you have been told.
Your scripture is not our scripture....Allah is NOT our God....and Muhammad is NOT our prophet. We owe you nothing but the explanations we give you in answer to your questions. (which I might add, are at times highly insulting)

As for Paul, isn't faking a vision a sinful act, please?

I am afraid one is mistaken. Right, please?

Why do you persist in this? It is a lie! Paul had no reason to fake a vision. He was at the forefront of persecuting the Christians because he saw them as a threat to his beloved Judaism. By converting to become a follower of his avowed enemy, he would make himself a public laughing stock. His conversion resulted in many forms of persecution from his own people as they turned on him, seeing him as a traitor. Why would he do that to himself? He was left for dead more than once after such attacks.

The other spirit anointed apostles accepted Paul as an apostle, (though he was not one of the 12) which means that we have no excuse to reject him or his writings, regardless of what you believe......OK?

Before becoming a JW, in what denomination one was, please?
I was raised as an Anglican. But the blatant hypocrisy forced me to leave. I explored other denominations in Christendom but found them all to be just different versions of the same lies. They did not uphold Christ’s teachings or commands. I got a divorce from that religion, but not from God or Jesus....and I had great respect for the Bible. I just had to learn for myself, what it teaches, and follow it to the letter to the best of my ability.

I am not against one or the JWs, I am just pointing it out that Paul was the person that fits to be " the wolf in the sheep's clothing" Jesus warned against. Right friend, please?

Seriously? You malign Paul without cause. You believe what others are saying with no evidence for any of your accusations.

Produce your evidence instead of just empty claims and I will show you how wrong you are.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
*Is one embarrassed to show oneself, please? Right, please?

Regards
:facepalm: Good grief do your insults never stop? Why would he be embarrassed? You should be embarrassed because you make baseless arguments apparently to reinforce your own erroneous beliefs.

I am going to ignore you in future.

Good bye.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
:facepalm: Good grief do your insults never stop? Why would he be embarrassed? You should be embarrassed because you make baseless arguments apparently to reinforce your own erroneous beliefs.

I am going to ignore you in future.

Good bye.
My post was addressed to our friend @capumetu , not to one, never please.
As for one, if one was Anglican alias Protestant and one was disgusted with them, as one told, one would have gone to the Catholics- the originals or to the LDS, who claim to have a new prophet like Paul within the Christianity, please. Any good reason for not doing this please, if it is not personal, please?
Please don't be angry, one is a friend. Right, please?

Regards

capumetu

Imagine you are God Himself... you only have remember it. Sounds great right? That is what Hinduism says.
I can do this for all religions. So what is the point?
PS: I dislike sales pitches.

I told you what the Bible teaches sir, it sold me, you have to choose for yourself if is sells you.