• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The JW's claim Jesus was not son of Adam.

Faithofchristian

1 Peter 3:20 states pretty clearly that only 8 souls were saved in Noah's ark. So, the males and females mentioned in Genesis 6 refer to various species of animals rather than races of human beings.

Yes Noah's sons were gentiles. We know that the Hebrews only come from Shem and furthermore they only come from Abraham. But not even all Abraham's descendants were considered Hebrews. For example Ishmael was not chosen so his descendants were the Ishmaelites and they were not counted as Hebrews. Only Isaac's son Jacob would really be the beginning of the Hebrews as a distinct nation.

Well its evidence you have no understanding about what is being said and done in
1 Peter 3:20...

Had you back up to Verse 18, then proceeded down to Verse 20..

So let's pick it up at Verse 18..

18--"For Christ also once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit"

Now seeing that Christ once suffered for sins of the world, that Christ suffered for the unjust this being the unbelievers, that Christ might bring us to God, Christ put to death in the flesh,
but made alive by the Spirit of God..

Verse 19--"By which also he went and preach unto the spirits in prison"

What this mean is..
While Christ was in the tomb,
Christ went back to the time of Noah's to give those people the same opportunity of believing in Christ for the Grace of Salvation as we have...For God to be a just God and fair..

Christ went back to the time of Noah's to give those people who are held in prison by Satan..to give them the same opportunity as we have for the Grace of salvation..

Those people had no clue or idea that Christ was to come into the world and die for their sins on the cross of Jesus Christ..

Verse 20--"Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water"

Back at the time of Noah's,, some people were reluctant to get into the ark, probably because they never seen a boat before....

but were disobedient, when God waited patiently while the ark was being built....for people to accept and get into the ark of Noah's....wherein few, that is,
eight souls believe God and were saved by water..Noah and his wife and sons and their wives were just saved by water..

Where as to day we are baptized in water in the name of the Father and Son and the Holy Spirit..
Noah and his wife and sons and their wives believe God would send a flood of water to destroy all life and were saved by water....this was a form of baptism of water to Noah and his wife and sons and their wives baptism of water..
Where as we to day are baptized by water in the name of the Father and Son and the Holy Spirit...

If you read John 10:15-16,
15--"As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd"

The other sheep are those people back before the flood of Noah's...Christ went back to them while Christ was in the tomb...

To give them the salvation message....the same opportunity as we have...and some of people believed and came out of the prison that Satan held them in ..
To bring them into one sheep fold unto God.

As those people back at the time of Noah didn't know or understand that Christ was to come into the world and die for their sins.... For God to be just and fair..Christ went all the way back to the time of Noah's to give them the same opportunity as we have for the Grace of salvation and many of them believed..

This what Peter is speaking about in
1 Peter 3:18-20..

Now where 8 souls were saved by water..

This being baptized by water..but not baptized in the name of the Father and Son and the Holy Spirit...

For Christ had not yet come into the world yet, ....
For us to day we get baptized in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit..

Where back at the time of Noah's..
Those 8 souls were saved only by water Baptism..

As Christ was in the tomb went back to preach to those people about his saving grace of Salvation...to give them the same opportunity as we have for God's saving grace of Salvation..

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus the biological son of Mary and her half brother Joseph, who were both sired by Alexander Helios/Heli, of different mothers, was a genetic descendant of King David, who was of the seed of Adam.

I believe that can be assumed although there are gaps in the genealogy.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
In Scripture at 1 Timothy 2:14 it informs us that Adam was Not deceived, but Eve was - 2 Corinthians 11:3.
If Adam had Not sinned the issues started in Eden would Not have started.
So, yes it does matter that neither stayed faithful to their God.
However, the blame rests on Adam who ate second - Romans 5:19
Yes, he knew what he was doing when he ate of the fruit. Eve, it says, was deceived. Adam knew that both he and Eve would die as a result of eating from that tree.

74x12

It doesn't matter. We're all facing death, no matter what your genes are.
Well Adam is human anything else is of the wicked one. Not God. Some people do have nephilim descent but they can still be saved because God died for all humans even if their DNA is corrupted by satan.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Some people do have nephilim descent but they can still be saved because God died for all humans even if their DNA is corrupted by satan.
Since the Nephilim were destroyed in the flood.....how is that possible? There is no Nephilim DNA to be found on planet Earth. They had no right to draw breath so God eliminated them.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It doesn't matter. We're all facing death, no matter what your genes are.
Yes, at this time we are all facing enemy death.
And as Covid-19 claims more and more lives the graveyard equals the ' Brevity of Life '.
Whereas,I find the ' Resurrection hope ' (see Acts 24:15) equals the ' Brevity of Death '.
Under Christ's coming our last enemy 'death ' will be brought to nothing as per 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8
This will result in endless life without pain or sorrow because; No one will say, " I am sick....." - Isaiah 33:24.
This is because there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations I find according to Revelation 22:2.
In the meantime, may you stay safe and healthy.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Well Adam is human anything else is of the wicked one. Not God. Some people do have nephilim descent but they can still be saved because God died for all humans even if their DNA is corrupted by satan.
I finds in Scripture the Nephilim were hybrids ( Half demon / half human )
Being a hybrid those 'sons' ( all male offspring ) could Not reproduce.

1 John 1:7 does inform us that Jesus' blood does cover everyone ( humans ).
However, as Matthew 20:28 informs us that Jesus' ransom covers MANY and does Not say all.
Not all or everyone because like the Nephilim there are those who refuse to follow Christ.

74x12

Since the Nephilim were destroyed in the flood.....how is that possible? There is no Nephilim DNA to be found on planet Earth. They had no right to draw breath so God eliminated them.
Genesis 6 says "and also afterwards" referring to how the "sons of God"(fallen angels) came again after the flood to further corrupt the human race. Except this time it was more limited and God used various human tribes to wipe most of them out. For example Joshua and the Israelites killed Nephilim when they invaded Canaan including the giant Og. The Edomites, Moabites and Ammonites also all are said to have basically exterminated tribes of giants with God's help.

But ... even in other cultures we have legends of giant slayers. Like in Norse mythology Thor fights giants and Thor is also listed on genealogies as an ancestor. So he was really a person who may have actually fought giants and was only deified later on. It can be theorized that Germanic religion was originally ancestor worship.
Being a hybrid those 'sons' ( all male offspring ) could Not reproduce.
Nothing says they were only males and nothing says they could not reproduce with human women. For example Goliath was really short compared to some other giants that came before him and he was supposed to be "descendant of the giant". That's the Anakim who were Nephilim. After Joshua kicked them out of their cities in Canaan some of them were said to specifically flee to Gath in the Philistine lands. That's the same city where Goliath and his (also giant) brother with 6 fingers on each hand lived. Others may have went all the way to Libya which would later be the Canaanite city of Carthage.
1 John 1:7 does inform us that Jesus' blood does cover everyone ( humans ).
However, as Matthew 20:28 informs us that Jesus' ransom covers MANY and does Not say all.
Not all or everyone because like the Nephilim there are those who refuse to follow Christ.
They refused to follow Christ but that doesn't mean they didn't have a choice to repent.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Genesis 6 says "and also afterwards" referring to how the "sons of God"(fallen angels) came again after the flood to further corrupt the human race.

Where are you reading this?
Genesis 6:1-4.....
"Now when men started to grow in number on the surface of the ground and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of the true God began to notice that the daughters of men were beautiful. So they began taking as wives all whom they chose. 3 Then Jehovah said: “My spirit will not tolerate man indefinitely, because he is only flesh. Accordingly, his days will amount to 120 years.

4 The Nephʹi·lim were on the earth in those days and afterward. During that time the sons of the true God continued to have relations with the daughters of men, and these bore sons to them. They were the mighty ones of old times, the men of fame."

They had 120 years to continue to have relations with the daughters of men, so "in those days and afterwards" was contained within that 120 years. It did not extend after the flood.

Except this time it was more limited and God used various human tribes to wipe most of them out. For example Joshua and the Israelites killed Nephilim when they invaded Canaan including the giant Og. The Edomites, Moabites and Ammonites also all are said to have basically exterminated tribes of giants with God's help.

Since the Nephilim were the offspring of the demon angels and human women, and God forced their errant fathers back to the spirit realm by destroying anything that could anchor them on earth, he thereafter took away their ability to materialize so that no Nephilim could exist after the flood. The demons can still cause trouble on earth but not in material form.

You do understand that the flood legends led to people assuming that all tall people were "Nephilim".....I assure you that all the Nephilim were destroyed in the flood...unless you can see them attaching themselves to the outer part of the ark for over a year treading water. :eek:

But ... even in other cultures we have legends of giant slayers. Like in Norse mythology Thor fights giants and Thor is also listed on genealogies as an ancestor. So he was really a person who may have actually fought giants and was only deified later on. It can be theorized that Germanic religion was originally ancestor worship.
Yes, all stemmed from pre-flood events, embellished after the flood by vivid imaginations. Where do you think all those "myths" came from? They were based on real events, but inflated by men to incorporate their false religious beliefs and the worship of their flawed, violent and immoral gods.

Nothing says they were only males and nothing says they could not reproduce with human women.

You are failing to differentiate between the Nephilim and their fathers who were materialized angels who had followed satan into rebellion. They mated with human women but the Nephilim, like all hybrids could not reproduce because they were the end of the genetic line.

For example Goliath was really short compared to some other giants that came before him and he was supposed to be "descendant of the giant". That's the Anakim who were Nephilim.

Then Anakim were not Nephilim. Since Noah and his family were the only survivors, where would Nephilim come from? They sons of Anak were simply a very tall race of people.

The Maasai are among the tallest of the African tribes even today. They are not related to the Nephilim at all.

Goliath probably suffered from a pituitary condition called gigantism. People with this condition still exist today.

They refused to follow Christ but that doesn't mean they didn't have a choice to repent.

What? Where is there mention of the Nephilim in Christian times? They had no right to exist because they were not sons of Adam, but were a freakish mixture of angel and human. There was no way to repent because there was no basis for them to even live, let alone merit forgiveness......their behavior demonstrated that they were not humble, moldable folks who could live as Christ commanded.

74x12

Where are you reading this?
Genesis 6:1-4.....
"Now when men started to grow in number on the surface of the ground and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of the true God began to notice that the daughters of men were beautiful. So they began taking as wives all whom they chose. 3 Then Jehovah said: “My spirit will not tolerate man indefinitely, because he is only flesh. Accordingly, his days will amount to 120 years.

4 The Nephʹi·lim were on the earth in those days and afterward. During that time the sons of the true God continued to have relations with the daughters of men, and these bore sons to them. They were the mighty ones of old times, the men of fame."

They had 120 years to continue to have relations with the daughters of men, so "in those days and afterwards" was contained within that 120 years. It did not extend after the flood.
How do you know it is not speaking of after the flood? It seems you're just stating your interpretation as a fact. To me it makes a lot more sense if he is saying during the 120 years and also afterwards. Which would mean after the flood.
Since the Nephilim were the offspring of the demon angels and human women, and God forced their errant fathers back to the spirit realm by destroying anything that could anchor them on earth, he thereafter took away their ability to materialize so that no Nephilim could exist after the flood. The demons can still cause trouble on earth but not in material form.
I believe they can come in material form under the right conditions.

I don't see where in the Bible that God took away their ability to materialize. God did lock some of the worst of the fallen angels in "tartaros". So of course satan knows now he can't get away with doing things as openly as he did before. But that doesn't mean he stopped completely.
You do understand that the flood legends led to people assuming that all tall people were "Nephilim".....I assure you that all the Nephilim were destroyed in the flood...unless you can see them attaching themselves to the outer part of the ark for over a year treading water. :eek:
There is a difference between tall people and someone like Og king of Bashan.
Yes, all stemmed from pre-flood events, embellished after the flood by vivid imaginations.
Legends and myths would seem to indicate otherwise. For example Irish myths both talk about the flood and giants they faced after the flood.
You are failing to differentiate between the Nephilim and their fathers who were materialized angels who had followed satan into rebellion. They mated with human women but the Nephilim, like all hybrids could not reproduce because they were the end of the genetic line.
How do you know they're like mules which are sterile? You're just assuming they have to be sterile.

If angels came down and mated with human women; then we should throw out preconceived notions because that's pretty crazy information. Clearly, just to do that; the angels had to take on a kind of human form to accomplish it. And clearly, the gigantic proportions of their offspring must have been intentional. So, since we're speaking of supernatural abilities here; we shouldn't limit them to what we know of the natural.
Then Anakim were not Nephilim. Since Noah and his family were the only survivors, where would Nephilim come from? They sons of Anak were simply a very tall race of people.

The Maasai are among the tallest of the African tribes even today. They are not related to the Nephilim at all.

Goliath probably suffered from a pituitary condition called gigantism. People with this condition still exist today.
So let's just ignore how the giants fled to Gath and Goliath is from that same town?
What? Where is there mention of the Nephilim in Christian times? They had no right to exist because they were not sons of Adam, but were a freakish mixture of angel and human. There was no way to repent because there was no basis for them to even live, let alone merit forgiveness......their behavior demonstrated that they were not humble, moldable folks who could live as Christ commanded.
Christ is the holy Spirit. He's always been there and even Peter says the Spirit of Christ was in the prophets. (1 Peter 1:11)

Besides, I was just going off what URAVIP2ME said.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
How do you know it is not speaking of after the flood? It seems you're just stating your interpretation as a fact. To me it makes a lot more sense if he is saying during the 120 years and also afterwards. Which would mean after the flood.

It speaks of the present and afterwards...God had just finished giving humankind 120 years to live before he intervened. What would have been the point of allowing the Nephilim to survive when the flood was the very thing that God sent to destroy them, and to force their wicked fathers back to the spirit realm where he dealt with them.

I believe they can come in material form under the right conditions.

Show me that scripturally. Only faithful angels could materialize after the flood. The demons were never spoken about in material form after the flood. They could use humans and other physical anchors to "inhabit" here on earth, but they themselves were disembodied spirits with no way to materialize ever again.

I don't see where in the Bible that God took away their ability to materialize. God did lock some of the worst of the fallen angels in "tartaros". So of course satan knows now he can't get away with doing things as openly as he did before. But that doesn't mean he stopped completely.

Peter speaks of the "spirits in prison" as those Jesus preached to after his resurrection.
1 Peter 3:18-20...
"For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit. 19 And in this state he went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who had formerly been disobedient when God was patiently waiting in Noah’s day, while the ark was being constructed, in which a few people, that is, eight souls, were carried safely through the water."

Do you see....these "spirits in prison" (in "Tartarus") were the disobedient angels who were wreaking havoc on earth along with their bullying offspring, whilst Noah constructed the ark.

Satan and his hordes had free access to both heaven and earth until relatively recent times actually. As his first act as King of God's Kingdom, Christ evicted the devil and his angels out of heaven, to the great relief of all who dwelt there....but it was "woe for the earth" because the devil and his henchmen are angry now because they are running out of time. (Revelation 12:7-12) They are no longer subtle...they are in all pour faces.

There is a difference between tall people and someone like Og king of Bashan.

No living humans were anything like the Nephilim.....they were not a creation of God and so had no right to exist.
Their size, strength and disposition were what turned the world of that time into a place God had to destroy....utterly.

Legends and myths would seem to indicate otherwise. For example Irish myths both talk about the flood and giants they faced after the flood.
The giants that existed after the flood have no comparison to the Nephilim, and have no genetic connection to them at all.

How do you know they're like mules which are sterile? You're just assuming they have to be sterile.

Because there is no genealogy of any offspring from them....but there is mention of them as offspring of the materialized "sons of God". Hybrids are invariably sterile. This is a deliberate mechanism created by God to keep the "kinds" he made, separate. Its why evolution is a load of hogwash.

If angels came down and mated with human women; then we should throw out preconceived notions because that's pretty crazy information. Clearly, just to do that; the angels had to take on a kind of human form to accomplish it. And clearly, the gigantic proportions of their offspring must have been intentional. So, since we're speaking of supernatural abilities here; we shouldn't limit them to what we know of the natural.

There is no mention of supernatural abilities in connection with the Nephilim.....only with their fathers. Angels have materialized in scripture from Abraham's encounter at Mamre, Daniel's visit by the angel Gabriel and 500 years later his delivering the news about the birth of God's son to Mary. These were not apparitions but visits by material beings on a mission. In the case of Abraham, he commanded Sarah to make a feast for his visitors which they consumed. Two of them went onto Sodom and had a meal prepared by Lot.

The resurrected Jesus presented himself in materialized form but apparently in different bodies so that his disciples did not recognize him. On one occasion he materialized a body with the wounds of his execution, to convince a doubting Thomas, but there is no mention of them at other times. On another occasion, when he broke the bread and said a blessing, the disciples recognized him and he simply vanished before their eyes. When they thought he was an apparition, Jesus asked for some food and ate it so that he could show them that he was in human form. God's law forbade them to communicate with spirits. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12)

Christ is the holy Spirit. He's always been there and even Peter says the Spirit of Christ was in the prophets. (1 Peter 1:11)

I am not sure where you get the idea that "Christ is the holy spirit" since he needed to be anointed with holy spirit at his baptism. Does that add up to you? He did not become "the Christ" (anointed one) until his baptism.

What was Peter saying in context in verses 10-12...
"Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the undeserved kindness meant for you made a diligent inquiry and a careful search. 11 They kept on investigating what particular time or what season the spirit within them was indicating concerning Christ as it testified beforehand about the sufferings meant for Christ and about the glory that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were ministering, not to themselves, but to you, regarding what has now been announced to you by those who declared the good news to you with holy spirit sent from heaven. Into these very things, angels are desiring to peer."

Since Jesus has been "with" God since the "beginning" (of creation) as his "Logos" (Word, or spokesman) he has had many roles down through time to assist in the outworking of God's purpose. It was demonstrated that after he was resurrected, he promised to send the holy spirit to his disciples once he had returned to heaven. That spirit manifested itself in the form of tongues of fire over the heads of those anointed on that occasion. After that, they were able to perform miracles with those gifts of the spirit. The holy spirit is from God but can be administered through his son......it is the power of God to do things that normal humans cannot do. Back then it was an important component in bringing people to God and to his Christ....both Jews and gentiles.

YoursTrue

Yes, at this time we are all facing enemy death.
And as Covid-19 claims more and more lives the graveyard equals the ' Brevity of Life '.
Whereas,I find the ' Resurrection hope ' (see Acts 24:15) equals the ' Brevity of Death '.
Under Christ's coming our last enemy 'death ' will be brought to nothing as per 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8
This will result in endless life without pain or sorrow because; No one will say, " I am sick....." - Isaiah 33:24.
This is because there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations I find according to Revelation 22:2.
In the meantime, may you stay safe and healthy.
Yes, exactly. I try to stay safe and healthy. Thanks. I was just studying with someone, a young person in high school, he is very bright, and we spoke about the numbers of years that we live. No matter how long I live, and I'm much older than this young person, I keep learning. When I was 17 I thought 30 was very old. Now that I'm older than 30, I think I'm young. (Gray hairs, however, have their place on my head.)

74x12

It speaks of the present and afterwards...God had just finished giving humankind 120 years to live before he intervened. What would have been the point of allowing the Nephilim to survive when the flood was the very thing that God sent to destroy them, and to force their wicked fathers back to the spirit realm where he dealt with them.
Because it slowed them down. The scripture says that only Noah was left perfect in his generation. So it was pretty much the last minute for God to do something if He was going to stop satan's genetic corruption of the human race. But God will bring judgment again in the end this time with fire as it says. And Jesus claims that it will be as "in the days of Noah".

Then Jesus says something really interesting because He says as in the days of Noah they were marrying and giving in marriage. When you compare that with Genesis 6 it's easy to see what is being alluded too. And of course we can't take away from the obvious meaning of Jesus' words either which is that people will be complacent. But, the deeper meaning is that they (the benai ha elohim) will be marrying and giving in marriage with the daughters of Adam. And so it is right now.
Show me that scripturally. Only faithful angels could materialize after the flood. The demons were never spoken about in material form after the flood. They could use humans and other physical anchors to "inhabit" here on earth, but they themselves were disembodied spirits with no way to materialize ever again.
I don't need to show it scripturally. You're trying to prove a negative and I think the burden of proof is on you.

They can appear physically in the right circumstances. This happens now thanks to witchcraft. Witchcraft is really invitation for these spirits to work or manifest in the human realm. So that's how they get in.
eter speaks of the "spirits in prison" as those Jesus preached to after his resurrection.
1 Peter 3:18-20...
"For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit. 19 And in this state he went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who had formerly been disobedient when God was patiently waiting in Noah’s day, while the ark was being constructed, in which a few people, that is, eight souls, were carried safely through the water."

Do you see....these "spirits in prison" (in "Tartarus") were the disobedient angels who were wreaking havoc on earth along with their bullying offspring, whilst Noah constructed the ark.

Satan and his hordes had free access to both heaven and earth until relatively recent times actually. As his first act as King of God's Kingdom, Christ evicted the devil and his angels out of heaven, to the great relief of all who dwelt there....but it was "woe for the earth" because the devil and his henchmen are angry now because they are running out of time. (Revelation 12:7-12) They are no longer subtle...they are in all pour faces.
The spirits in tartarous were specifically those "sons of God" that rebelled against God; married human women and had offspring with them before the flood.
No living humans were anything like the Nephilim.....they were not a creation of God and so had no right to exist.
Their size, strength and disposition were what turned the world of that time into a place God had to destroy....utterly.
They also corrupted the animals genetically.
The giants that existed after the flood have no comparison to the Nephilim, and have no genetic connection to them at all.
That's simply inaccurate. The more we look for evidence the more we see that they did come after the flood .This is one reason God wanted Joshua and the Israelites to exterminate the Canaanites and not even marry with them. After Joshua some of them that survived fled from Canaan.
Because there is no genealogy of any offspring from them....but there is mention of them as offspring of the materialized "sons of God". Hybrids are invariably sterile. This is a deliberate mechanism created by God to keep the "kinds" he made, separate. Its why evolution is a load of hogwash.
"Hybrids are invariably sterile." I would like to see the proof that is always true. There must be exceptions especially when it comes to beings like angels who can shapeshift at will. They must have literally materialized in a human form like the two angels that God sent to Sodom and Gomorrah.
There is no mention of supernatural abilities in connection with the Nephilim.....only with their fathers. Angels have materialized in scripture from Abraham's encounter at Mamre, Daniel's visit by the angel Gabriel and 500 years later his delivering the news about the birth of God's son to Mary. These were not apparitions but visits by material beings on a mission. In the case of Abraham, he commanded Sarah to make a feast for his visitors which they consumed. Two of them went onto Sodom and had a meal prepared by Lot.

The resurrected Jesus presented himself in materialized form but apparently in different bodies so that his disciples did not recognize him. On one occasion he materialized a body with the wounds of his execution, to convince a doubting Thomas, but there is no mention of them at other times. On another occasion, when he broke the bread and said a blessing, the disciples recognized him and he simply vanished before their eyes. When they thought he was an apparition, Jesus asked for some food and ate it so that he could show them that he was in human form. God's law forbade them to communicate with spirits. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12)
There doesn't need to be mention of the obvious. If you were born from an angel you'd probably have supernatural abilities. The only thing holding you back from that conclusion is incredulity and I agree it's a subject that boggles the mind. Besides this was basically witchcraft and they were heavily involved in witchcraft.
I am not sure where you get the idea that "Christ is the holy spirit" since he needed to be anointed with holy spirit at his baptism. Does that add up to you? He did not become "the Christ" (anointed one) until his baptism.

What was Peter saying in context in verses 10-12...
"Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the undeserved kindness meant for you made a diligent inquiry and a careful search. 11 They kept on investigating what particular time or what season the spirit within them was indicating concerning Christ as it testified beforehand about the sufferings meant for Christ and about the glory that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were ministering, not to themselves, but to you, regarding what has now been announced to you by those who declared the good news to you with holy spirit sent from heaven. Into these very things, angels are desiring to peer."

Since Jesus has been "with" God since the "beginning" (of creation) as his "Logos" (Word, or spokesman) he has had many roles down through time to assist in the outworking of God's purpose. It was demonstrated that after he was resurrected, he promised to send the holy spirit to his disciples once he had returned to heaven. That spirit manifested itself in the form of tongues of fire over the heads of those anointed on that occasion. After that, they were able to perform miracles with those gifts of the spirit. The holy spirit is from God but can be administered through his son......it is the power of God to do things that normal humans cannot do. Back then it was an important component in bringing people to God and to his Christ....both Jews and gentiles.
In the flesh He indeed needed to be "anointed" with the holy Spirit so that He could be in fact what He was already in the promises of God. That is the "Anointed one". The human being that would be anointed with the Spirit of God to deliver us all. So the Spirit descended upon Him like a dove to anoint Him. But that doesn't mean He's not God manifest in human form. But He came to fulfill all things that were written about Him in the scriptures. So yes He had to be anointed and even baptized. As He said "This becomes us to fulfill all righteousness" Not that Jesus had sin to be cleansed of.

But you have to remember with Jesus He was both flesh and Spirit. So His human nature was fulfilling all these things for us. The things we could not accomplish ourselves.

The Logos was the promised incarnation of God in the flesh. This was with God since the beginning. God said "let there be light" and that's the light of God manifest in the darkness of the world.

Jesus is the Light of the world while He was in the world. That's why He's called the "Bright and morning Star" because when Jesus comes that's the first official day of God. It's morning time. As God said let there be light and there was light and the evening and morning were the first day. It's all interconnected and if you can't connect the dots you won't get it.
That spirit manifested itself in the form of tongues of fire over the heads of those anointed on that occasion. After that, they were able to perform miracles with those gifts of the spirit. The holy spirit is from God but can be administered through his son......it is the power of God to do things that normal humans cannot do. Back then it was an important component in bringing people to God and to his Christ....both Jews and gentiles.
That was after Jesus breathed on them and said "receive you the holy Spirit" Jesus' breath finally came on the day of Pentecost as a "rushing mighty wind". That's the duality of Christ. He was man and also God. So of course when He breathes as a man it may not have seemed like much; but when His breath at last comes it was powerful.

YoursTrue

"God cannot" doesn't make sense.
No? It doesn't? So are you saying God died, is that right? No, sorry, that's not making any sense. Can God be tempted by evil? No, he CANNOT. "For God cannot be tempted by evil." But if you think God can die or has died, well, all I can say is...have a nice day.

74x12

No? It doesn't? So are you saying God died, is that right? No, sorry, that's not making any sense. Can God be tempted by evil? No, he CANNOT. "For God cannot be tempted by evil." But if you think God can die or has died, well, all I can say is...have a nice day.
Of course God can't do some things like evil. So yes I was obviously exaggerating. But, my point is that you're over limiting God.

According to Hebrews 10:5 a body was prepared for Jesus. In context this body was to be the sacrifice for sins. (see Hebrews 10:4-10)
No wonder John the baptist called Him "the Lamb of God" that takes away the sins of the world.

So, of course Jesus' human body was mortal. God needed this mortal body because He is immortal.