• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Greatest Commandments

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
‭‭James‬ ‭5:13-16‬ ‭NIV‬‬
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-18‬ ‭NIV‬‬
So yes we lay our hands on the sick, anoint people with oil and pray for the sick to be healed. That’s what I did in my home and everyone recovered, thanks to God who heals.................

Please note that Mark chapter 16 ends at verse 8.
After verse 8 are KJV spurious verses.
The style of writing changes after verse 8.
There aren't the corresponding cross-reference verses as there is the rest of Mark.
Both Jerome and Eusebius believed Mark 16 ended at verse 8.
Verse 19 is wrong because Jesus did Not ascend to heaven after speaking to them.
Rather, later we find Jesus still on Earth at John 20:17.

The 'spiritually older men' (elders) of James 5:14-16 are Not physicians as gospel writer Luke was a physical doctor.
Elders deal with 'spiritually ill ' people, Not with physical ailments.

Physical ' healing ' is coming. 'A Better World Is Near' when Jesus comes - Revelation 22:2,20; Isaiah 33:24.
In the meantime, ' healing ' is for 'medical doctors' as gospel writer Luke was.

Please notice the qualifications for spiritually older men as found at chapter 3 of 1st Timothy and Titus chapter 2.
There is No qualification for being a faith healer. ( Besides Jesus even cured people without faith )

I think that you might be saying that someone else should be the judge of it.

No! Never!
I’m saying each person should examine themselves and not judging other people, especially when you don’t really know them. It’s different when you are in a community of believers, know one another, have relationship and communion.

The 'spiritually older men' (elders) of James 5:14-16 are Not physicians as gospel writer Luke was a physical doctor.
Elders deal with 'spiritually ill ' people, Not with physical ailments.
If you look at the examples in Scripture and the words used as in 1 Corinthians 12, it is physical healing. This is the ministry of the Holy Spirit by the people that have been born again. Not everyone has the gift of healing but certainly the Dad in the home who is a believer and the priest in his own house has this ministry, at least I do and this is from God.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
“Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22:37-40‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

If you agree with these commandments how do you personally live out these verses?
Who is the one to determine if you are in fact living these out, should we look at someone else and say if you love me you would do or live like this? Or
Is this something each person is responsible to determine and accountable for before God?
What are your personal or biblical views/opinion?

I find these vary vague. Does the bible according to christians have scriptural instructions to live these teachings?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yes, it is not up to another to judge (personal judgement) to impute a bad or wrong motive to another.
Mt 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Unnecessarily putting others at risk simply is not good "fruit".

Lain

How does one be commanded to love?

I can only think the ancient definition of love was vastly different then the modern view of love.

It was. Two old definitions I know of is one being essentially in-group loyalty and the other willing and acting the/for good of another. Both of those things can be commanded. The second is why God is said to love all things for He wills some good to all things, in my view at least. I have no idea what the modern view of love is but those are the two I apply in my daily life.

Mt 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Unnecessarily putting others at risk simply is not good "fruit".
That’s why I fully support the Doctors who worked to treat Covid starting in 2020, saved lives, put out early treatment protocols like Dr. McCullough and others. Other things suppressed are natural antibodies from those who have recovered from Covid and in looking at the protocol of a lot in the medical field and what we experienced was yes you have Covid so go home and do your best, if it gets worse come back for a ventilator. This in my opinion was doing harm and negligent. What we did anoint with oil, pray and God healed my family as well as continued using vitamins and living a healthy lifestyle.
Let me ask you why you seem to judge people because they have a different way to live? Get vaccinated and mask up, I’ve done the research and observed, in my view doing these two things don’t avoid doing harm to other people for example some have died and had adverse reactions from vaccines, people still get Covid and are hospitalized, viruses still can pass through the masks and when breathing the air is still contaminated as people share the same air. People in the stores touch their masks, touch products, doors, carts, counters etc. This is my opinion of course.
We are healthy, immune and free thanks to God.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If you look at the examples in Scripture and the words used as in 1 Corinthians 12, it is physical healing.................
For an example ________________?
1st Cor. 12:1 is speaking about ' spiritual gifts ' and 1 Corinthians 14:1 ( also spiritual gifts ) No mention of physical.

For an example ________________?
1st Cor. 12:1 is speaking about ' spiritual gifts ' and 1 Corinthians 14:1 ( also spiritual gifts ) No mention of physical.
1Cor.12 Healing is the Greek word iama which means physical healing.
1Cor.14 is talking about prophesy and tongues in the corporate meetings and that things are done properly and orderly.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
1Cor.12 Healing is the Greek word iama which means physical healing.
1Cor.14 is talking about prophesy and tongues in the corporate meetings and that things are done properly and orderly.
Just as James 5:14-15 is speaking about 'spiritual sickness, spiritual illness', because 'physical healing' comes at Jesus' future coming time as found at Revelation 22:2.
The temporary physical healing gifts died off when the apostles died off.

I’ve heard of people promoting that false teaching, it’s not backed up by Scripture and hasn’t been my experience either. What’s you’re Scriptural reference for your view?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Just as James 5:14-15 is speaking about 'spiritual sickness, spiritual illness', because 'physical healing' comes at Jesus' future coming time as found at Revelation 22:2.
Why would Jesus give them that power but not those whom they appointed?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I’ve heard of people promoting that false teaching, it’s not backed up by Scripture and hasn’t been my experience either. What’s you’re Scriptural reference for your view?
Thank you for your reply.
Jesus connected 'wonderful works' (KJV) as Not connected to his kingdom message of Matthew 24:14; Luke 4:43.
Rather, at Matthew 7:21-23 powerful works distracted from the kingdom message.
What Jesus did No money was involved. Jesus did Not use healing to attract crowds or an audience.
The ones Jesus cured were completely cured whether they had faith or not. (Faith did Not have to be a requirement )
There were No singled out people, or people sent away without a cure.
I would like to see a faith healer cure the audience of baldness so there would be less grow-hair commercials.
If faith healers could cure baldness seems there would be a lot less commercials.
Besides the healings Jesus did, I find at 1 Corinthians 13:8 that 'tongues' would also cease.
What remains is what is found at 1 Corinthians 13:13 faith, hope and love. No mention of healings.
Faith (meaning confidence in the Bible; not as in faith healing).
Love is now the ID mark according to Jesus at John 13:34-35.
On the other hand, a warning found at 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 that there are deceitful workers.
As also brought out at 2 Thessalonians 2:9.
So, to me we find 'spiritual healing' today. The healing of old personalities by re-newed scriptural knowledge as found in God's Word.- Ephesians 4:22-23; Colossians 3:10
Physical healing to come under Christ's Millennium-Long governmental reign over Earth - Revelation 22:2

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Why would Jesus give them that power but not those whom they appointed?
Those miracle gifts ( were to get 1st-century Christianity off the ground, so to speak ) ended with the apostles.
The ID mark would then be found in Jesus' New commandment as found at John 13:34-35.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If any human today says I am detailing a human truth. Old human comments are not your truth.

As we live only where we are. By the act human choice. As human sex.

Science as just a human thinking first hence owns no position to argue.

Basic human one self advice. One self in one place supported to live and die in exactly the position one place.

Wholly advised.

Yet you do tell old themes. Using all past human chosen teaching subjects.

Basic human advice. A self one human as one self only is standing on planet Earth.

Reason to quote one self is self relevant...self reference...self idolisation in self presence what I think...what I believe...what I want...one self.

Live is first.

If you want to love it is secondary.

So are you a lord?

No.

In life who names themself as a human a lord?

Rich men who work in rich man's life.

All one selves. And the Lord involved historic in humans harm. Supported human science built machines where we lived and survived.

In our atmosphere.

As one self I don't need to be over Lorded by any other one self.

Now if I love I know the responses seen felt observed as just one self.

If I am not loved I also observe.

If I am not healthy as any other one self I can ask why.

Old man's teaching told me why. One self the human single loving life got sacrificed.

Pretty obvious to then teach so don't self idolise. First is the explanation why attacked. Second to teach equality so don't idolise. All taught in the same story.

As the old man told us the rich lords harmed our life.

If you cannot believe in your own self and allow self equality you will continue to be obsessed by the over lord history.

Why a lot of just one selves said I am just as holy. Just as loving. Just as sacrificed knowing they were telling a human truth.

As equality means same human in the same one human experience then you can see why other humans portray human spirituality today. The same as before.

If you don't self idolise just as you were taught hierarchy hence owns no truth in natural life.

Thank you for your reply.
Jesus connected 'wonderful works' (KJV) as Not connected to his kingdom message of Matthew 24:14; Luke 4:43.
Rather, at Matthew 7:21-23 powerful works distracted from the kingdom message.
What Jesus did No money was involved. Jesus did Not use healing to attract crowds or an audience.
The ones Jesus cured were completely cured whether they had faith or not. (Faith did Not have to be a requirement )
There were No singled out people, or people sent away without a cure.
I would like to see a faith healer cure the audience of baldness so there would be less grow-hair commercials.
If faith healers could cure baldness seems there would be a lot less commercials.
Besides the healings Jesus did, I find at 1 Corinthians 13:8 that 'tongues' would also cease.
What remains is what is found at 1 Corinthians 13:13 faith, hope and love. No mention of healings.
Faith (meaning confidence in the Bible; not as in faith healing).
Love is now the ID mark according to Jesus at John 13:34-35.
On the other hand, a warning found at 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 that there are deceitful workers.
As also brought out at 2 Thessalonians 2:9.
So, to me we find 'spiritual healing' today. The healing of old personalities by re-newed scriptural knowledge as found in God's Word.- Ephesians 4:22-23; Colossians 3:10
Physical healing to come under Christ's Millennium-Long governmental reign over Earth - Revelation 22:2
So Paul’s letter to the Corinthian Church about spiritual gifts in 12, walking in love 13, tongues and prophesy in 14 and you take that to mean there is no gift of healing or physical healing anymore even though people are still getting physically healed today when hands are laid on them.
Everyone doesn’t get physically healed and there are some fakes out there but I’ve laid my hands on the sick and some have been healed, not everyone but some and I’ve also been physically healed that way.
I’ve heard your interpretation of chapter 13 and you seem to have read into that to justify your position. Actually the gifts of the Holy Spirit are needed now but won’t be needed in Heaven when we are with Jesus Christ.

Last edited: