• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Greatest Commandments

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Any thoughts as to why praying for Russia in particular _________
There was fear for war and a general distrust between Russia and the US, two nuclear powers. This was back in the 1950 and 1960s.If I am dating it correctly.The practice of prayers for Russia lasted many years. I don't recall when they stopped.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I find after 1st-Century Christianity was established or rooted then such healing gifts passed away - 1 Corinthians 12:28-31; 1 Corinthians 13:13 - what remained was spiritual gifts.
Those miraculous healings were there to show un-believers.
Timothy was already a believer and was Not cured as we can read at 1 Timothy 5:23.
Faith healers can't even cure baldness among their believers yet among non-believers.
That is not what those verses are saying, so you seemingly are just grasping at straws. Also, I'm really not dealing with those who call themselves "faith healers" as probably most, if not all, are likely to be charlatans, imo.

With the "communion of saints", the belief is that we can and do have connections between the saints in heaven and the saints [believers in Jesus] in this world, thus we can help pray for each other, much like I can pray for you and you can pray for me.

There is not a single scriptural indication that such healing died when the last Apostle died, plus that's illogical anyhow as why would Jesus want that process to end?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.................There is not a single scriptural indication that such healing died when the last Apostle died, plus that's illogical anyhow as why would Jesus want that process to end?

The process does Not end with Jesus because Jesus will bring 'healing ' to earth's nations as per Revelation 22:2.
Now is the time for ' spiritual healing ' and to do as Jesus instructed at Matthew 24:14; Acts of the Apostles 1:8.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There was fear for war and a general distrust between Russia and the US, two nuclear powers. This was back in the 1950 and 1960s.If I am dating it correctly.The practice of prayers for Russia lasted many years. I don't recall when they stopped.

I think by 1970 such praying stopped.
Yes, it would seem that concern would have been that the 'cold war' would or could turn 'hot '.
Thus, to pray for the Conversion of Russian would be to prevent war.

I recall hearing that some thought the US and Russia would become allies against Red (communist) China.
In that China would be the victor. Could one imagine Chinese soldiers running around all over the United States !

I find at Revelation 22:2 it is Jesus when 'he' gets to do the stuff - ' healing' for earth's nations.
Now is the time for ' spiritual healing ' (Galatians 5:22-23 )
The promise of the Holy Spirit is for us now in the last days:
““‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; even on my male servants and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy. And I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke; the sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon to blood, before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day. And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’ Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing. For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says, “‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.”’ Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.” Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.” And with many other words he bore witness and continued to exhort them, saying, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation.” So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:17-21, 33-41‬ ‭ESV‬‬
“Therefore it says, “When he ascended on high he led a host of captives, and he gave gifts to men.” (In saying, “He ascended,” what does it mean but that he had also descended into the lower regions, the earth? He who descended is the one who also ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.) And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:8-16‬ ‭ESV‬‬
We are His Body on the Earth, the Holy Spirit is working in all believers, giving gifts to the members of the Body as He sees fit.

@URAVIP2ME
Will end with this for you and a prayer, have a good one.:)

“For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:15-23‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I think by 1970 such praying stopped.
Yes, it would seem that concern would have been that the 'cold war' would or could turn 'hot '.
Thus, to pray for the Conversion of Russian would be to prevent war.

I recall hearing that some thought the US and Russia would become allies against Red (communist) China.
In that China would be the victor. Could one imagine Chinese soldiers running around all over the United States !
Prior to China opening up to capitalism it maintained a very large army but by international standards it was not considered a naval or air powerhouse. China and Russia did have disagreements and major breaks in their relationship in the mid twentieth century. Back then the kind of rumors we might hear today about North Korea were being suggested about China.The major American magazines that actually had large readerships in the time period being discussed would offer articles about marches and staged demonstrations where the Chinese crowds hung the 'big nosed' American Capitalists in effigy with surprising regularity.. Now they are exploring the dark side of the Moon...lol

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The human science heavens observation. Begins on earths bared stone.

No growth. Etched carved out stone patterns.

It ends atop crop circles stopped. Patterns.

Crops living planted in dirt soils growing as food for life.

Herds. Lots of them grazing in one place suddenly get UFO attacked. Strange physical bio body changes. Life removed.

Only reason in the wrong place. Most likely to be attacked slowly grazing food in crops.

Evidence for humans God had stopped the attack.

Then science began it again theirselves. As living humans by machine choice.

As the greedy lying man's false civilization warning.

As family once basically wandered and travelled anywhere they pleased. As natural life lived on earth. Nature supported us all equally.

Our teaching for humans.

Radiation falling out is the same today as it was before.

The reaction ground attack happened. We live on top of the ground so we would not have survived.

As the reaction is stopped what etched the ground. So men of science said it kept earth sealed. As cooling had stopped the reactive attack.

Was the human teaching.

Science was told no man is God and that earths life destructive attack ground removal had been stopped.

Crop circles the evidence it had been stopped.

No one asked you to begin it again scientist. Why science opened earth into new sink holes. As they reactivated gods body time shifting removal back to nothing.

Why the bible was shut and human laws enforced..as men in science lied.

To swear an oath on the closed book to only ever tell the truth.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
'No' because ___________
Why isn't Russian the modern-day King of the North ______________
Because I do not believe any country is as they don't have power over all other countries in northern Europe, eastern Asia, nor Noth America. Nor can they dictate religion in either of those places.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
O there is just one O planet first.

That does not express north south east west. Human men theists express north south east west. Not the natural planet sitting naturally just as a mass O.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Because I do not believe any country is as they don't have power over all other countries in northern Europe, eastern Asia, nor Noth America. Nor can they dictate religion in either of those places.
Sure, lots of countries ban some religion or freedom of religion. Russia has for decades.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Prior to China opening up to capitalism it maintained a very large army but by international standards it was not considered a naval or air powerhouse. China and Russia did have disagreements and major breaks in their relationship in the mid twentieth century. Back then the kind of rumors we might hear today about North Korea were being suggested about China.The major American magazines that actually had large readerships in the time period being discussed would offer articles about marches and staged demonstrations where the Chinese crowds hung the 'big nosed' American Capitalists in effigy with surprising regularity.. Now they are exploring the dark side of the Moon...lol
In the 11th chapter of Daniel it deals with both kings; the King of the North and the King of the South.
By the time we reach Daniel 11:25-26 it deals with both modern-day kings ( China never included )
Daniel 11:27-30a With North being the World War I German Empire and defeated by the South Britain/American.
Daniel 11:30-31 picks up with Hitler's Third Reich in World War II, also defeated by the South Anglo/American.
Followed by Daniel 11:32-43 the Communist Block (cold war) Russia; with Britain/America still being the South.
Thus, Daniel 11:44-45 still would be placing Russia as the modern-day King of the North because the King of the North still fights God's people.