• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Great Wall of Trump

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
But it always come back to the realty, and that is they should not be there in the first place, so no all argument are in vain, get them out of the country and let them come in legally.
If we are willing to give as many green cards as jobs there wouldn't be a legal problem at all.
And now that they're here, it's inefficient and inhumane to send them back for a paper they could pick up at the courthouse.
We are the problem, not them.
Tom

psychoslice

Veteran Member
If we are willing to give as many green cards as jobs there wouldn't be a legal problem at all.
And now that they're here, it's inefficient and inhumane to send them back for a paper they could pick up at the courthouse.
We are the problem, not them.
Tom
That makes no sense to me, they came there knowing very well that they are illegals, they cannot blame anyone but themselves, I'm sick of people not taking responsibility, they made that gamble and they lost, now they pay.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
That makes no sense to me, they came there knowing very well that they are illegals, they cannot blame anyone but themselves,
BS.
I totally blame the big employers. We could have done sensible immigration reform 20 years ago. But the 1% don't want it because the status quo is so very very profitable. So back when the stream turned into a flood(the first years of this century) they (Republicans controlled all 4 branches of government) didn't want anything done.
And nothing did. Except to create a narrative blaming the poor immigrants for getting jobs, instead of the employers.
I'm sick of people not taking responsibility, they made that gamble and they lost, now they pay.
Put a fine of $5000 for every illegal worker on your payroll and make the real criminals pay for their gamble. Why do you keep thinking that poor people looking for work in the system as it is, with no control over that system, need to take responsibility for a mess they didn't make.
Tom

psychoslice

Veteran Member
BS.
I totally blame the big employers. We could have done sensible immigration reform 20 years ago. But the 1% don't want it because the status quo is so very very profitable. So back when the stream turned into a flood(the first years of this century) they (Republicans controlled all 4 branches of government) didn't want anything done.
And nothing did. Except to create a narrative blaming the poor immigrants for getting jobs, instead of the employers.

Put a fine of $5000 for every illegal worker on your payroll and make the real criminals pay for their gamble. Why do you keep thinking that poor people looking for work in the system as it is, with no control over that system, need to take responsibility for a mess they didn't make.
Tom
It takes two to tango, yes its the employers fault also, but they only do that because they are there, get rid of them and they will have to employ Americans, and pay the right wages, stop trying to protect these illegals, you are also the reason they are there because you don't want to say anything against them.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
its the employers fault also,
99% the employers fault. And their crime pays extremely well.
you are also the reason they are there because you don't want to say anything against them.
I don't have anything against them. The real problems are 99% a result of our unregulated and unvetted immigration policy. We could have started doing something in 2001. But the 1% didn't want anything done.
Tom

psychoslice

Veteran Member
99% the employers fault. And their crime pays extremely well.

I don't have anything against them. The real problems are 99% a result of our unregulated and unvetted immigration policy. We could have started doing something in 2001. But the 1% didn't want anything done.
Tom
Its not having anything against them, their humans and I can understand why they cross the boarder, but, its illegal.......anyway, Trump will sort it out.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Well can you think of a better idea, not counting the one's who employ them ?.
We could send more jobs to Mexico :)
If you really think Trump can undo the effects of the last 20+ years of policy, without upsetting some huge apple carts and gravy trains, you're very mistaken. And I don't think he has what it takes to take on the entrenched power of the elites.
Tom

psychoslice

Veteran Member
We could send more jobs to Mexico :)
If you really think Trump can undo the effects of the last 20+ years of policy, without upsetting some huge apple carts and gravy trains, you're very mistaken. And I don't think he has what it takes to take on the entrenched power of the elites.
Tom
Yes there will be many upset, they had it good for too long, now its all going to change, and a change is as good as holiday, a holiday back home.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
That's fine, it can be confusing, or as confusing as you want it to be.

As I want it to be? I'm just trying to get a considered answer from you. To make it simpler, I'll restate my point from earlier...

I think it's worth examining something like the Bracero program, from the 60's, and seeing if a more modern version could be implemented.
I also think things like the existing E-verify system, or a similar means of assessing worker eligibility could be more cheaply implemented, with the onus on employers to mandatorily use it.
Finally, I think there should be a beef-up of the checks and policing of legal visa overstays, which account for a large portion of the illegal immigration anyway.

These measures would support each other, and I'd estimate they'd be considerably cheaper than a wall.

Similarly, there is nothing wrong with beefing up border security to some degree. I just don't see a physical wall which then needs to be maintained, and can be breached in remote locations as a sensible spend of funds.

Your thoughts on those?

So...whatcha think?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yes there will be many upset, they had it good for too long, now its all going to change, and a change is as good as holiday, a holiday back home.
I don't think you realize how powerful these people are.
I am not talking about Senators.
I'm talking about people who buy Senators. Trump is out of his league with these people.
Tom