• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Great Wall of Trump

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Go way if you can't be civil.

Please feel free to show me where I haven't been civil. Advocating sniper nests on a wall, or dehumanizing illegal immigrants wasn't me. If you can't discuss the facts, or respond to the OP, feel free to vacate the thread. If you'd like to contribute something meaningful, feel free to stay.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The idea is that if it is more difficult to get hired as an illegal more will decide either to stay in their home country or immigrate legally.
Okey dokey.
If employers should stop employing them, would it also make sense for government to stop giving them benefits?
That would really send a message.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They move back.
Frankly, I see zero chance of that happening to any large degree. Because employers want them and will force the government to figure out a way to keep them.
Tom
Interesting story....
I met an almond farmer last year.
His family runs the farm.
He used to hire a lot of Mexicanish workers of questionable citizenship status.
But he found them getting more & more expensive & demanding.
His family is quite inventive, so they eliminated the ferrin labor by automating much of the work.
I expect this trend to expand.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Please feel free to show me where I haven't been civil. Advocating sniper nests on a wall, or dehumanizing illegal immigrants wasn't me. If you can't discuss the facts, or respond to the OP, feel free to vacate the thread. If you'd like to contribute something meaningful, feel free to stay.
I am not here to please you, if you don't like what I say then don't reply.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not here to please you, if you don't like what I say then don't reply.

It's not so much whether I like it. It's more that it was my OP and I specifically asked people the same questions I'm trying to get you to answer in that OP. But rather than address the OP you decided to go with the same partisan crap that's been done to death in a bunch of threads around here already.

Rather than ignore my questions, and avoid any details or the requirement for critical evaluation, you could have chosen any of ten other threads that deal with the 'Trump good/Trump bad' dichotomy.

But you decided to post here, then sook up about and basically throw your toys out of the cot when I have the temerity to ask for some depth, or for you to actually address the OP.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
It's not so much whether I like it. It's more that it was my OP and I specifically asked people the same questions I'm trying to get you to answer in that OP. But rather than address the OP you decided to go with the same partisan crap that's been done to death in a bunch of threads around here already.

Rather than ignore my questions, and avoid any details or the requirement for critical evaluation, you could have chosen any of ten other threads that deal with the 'Trump good/Trump bad' dichotomy.

But you decided to post here, then sook up about and basically throw your toys out of the cot when I have the temerity to ask for some depth, or for you to actually address the OP.
Don't be silly.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The depth of your arguments continues unabated. Kudos on being able to consistently ignore requests for deeper discussion. Your consistency is truly impressive.
Look, I have been participating in this thread, just because you don't like what I say doesn't mean anything to me, you are the one who has been rude and arrogant, just stop it, and I will continue to participate.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Look, I have been participating in this thread, just because you don't like what I say doesn't mean anything to me, you are the one who has been rude and arrogant, just stop it, and I will continue to participate.

Sure. Where? Where have you added depth to this thread, or where have I been rude and arrogant. You avoided any details on anything, be it the topic at hand or my supposed behavioural issues. Add some depth. Something to suggest more than off the cuff posts.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Sure. Where? Where have you added depth to this thread, or where have I been rude and arrogant. You avoided any details on anything, be it the topic at hand or my supposed behavioural issues. Add some depth. Something to suggest more than off the cuff posts.
Well I am sorry I can't be what you want me to be.