• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Garden of good and evil

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
Yet you chose to answer my post... Interesting eh?
Not really. Refutation of idea, is not concern for, nor interest in, the refuted idea. You do seem to think a lot of yourself, and you do seem to think that other people care about what 'you' think. Another idea that needs to be refuted.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not really. Refutation of idea, is not concern for, nor interest in, the refuted idea. You do seem to think a lot of yourself, and you do seem to think that other people care about what 'you' think. Another idea that needs to be refuted.

Yes really, you replied to my post, that is fact

And not in any way refuted, the bible is very easy to read and when not cherry picked you will find i am correct. Even if you refuse to admit it to yourself.

Ehmm... Public forum!!!, you have a problem with that then talk to admin about it.

ChristineM

Premium Member
@ChristineM , you really ought to blame the appropriate 'party', instead of the one you now hate and blame.

Which one is that?

Can i assume you will say god? What is to hate and blame? Harry Potter has more evidence for his existence than your god does. It may not be apparent to you but all i have said on this thread is a direct result of what is written in the bible.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Still running from truth I see.

"cherry picked". Merely a baseless accusation, no evidence, no documentation. Wind.

Only your refusal to accept what is actually written in the bible. Of course that is not evidence but it does point a very big finger

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
@ChristineM, why don't you place the appropriate offense upon the real perpetrators of the hurt against you?

You see, if you actually did what was right, instead of what you presently do now, you couldn't then blame God, who did not hurt you. God would be the innocent party. God was not the one who hurt you. That was others. Admit this truth and you will be free from your hatred against God.

You see, if you truly do not believe God exists, you can actually stop blaming God (who you now claim to not believe in), this also would leave God innocent, since if you truly believed God to be imaginary, it could not have possibly been God who hurt you, and so how come you continue to blame that which you do not believe in?

The one thing you refuse to do, is to let go of your hatred against God, who did nothing to you and is innocent. You refuse to place the offense appropriately on that which is real.

Your hatred of God will only increase, as you cling to that which is not real.

ChristineM

Premium Member
@ChristineM, why don't you place the appropriate offense upon the real perpetrators of the hurt against you?

You see, if you actually did what was right, instead of what you presently do now, you couldn't then blame God, who did not hurt you. God would be the innocent party. God was not the one who hurt you. That was others. Admit this truth and you will be free from your hatred against God.

You see, if you truly do not believe God exists, you can actually stop blaming God (who you now claim to not believe in), this also would leave God innocent, since if you truly believed God to be imaginary, it could not have possibly been God who hurt you, and so how come you continue to blame that which you do not believe in?

The one thing you refuse to do, is to let go of your hatred against God, who did nothing to you and is innocent. You refuse to place the offense appropriately on that which is real.

Your hatred of God will only increase, as you cling to that which is not real.

You see what i do is right to the extent that genocide, murder, theft and slavery offends me. Maybe you are ok with those heinous crimes against humanity.

There is no god to blame so how could a non existent myth hurt me?
However, there is a bible which paints the mythical figure as a genocidal maniac who condones murder, theft, beating, sex slavery etc.

The truth? You forgot to enclose it in quotes and capitalise it to identify is as a made up belief as opposed to that which is true in accordance with fact or reality.

For the last time i do not blame god. I state what the bible states, why do you have such a problem with that condept?

Innocent??? Have you actually read the bible?

So i ask again, do you want verse numbers?

nPeace

Veteran Member
They did not know they were naked before the tree of knowledge, the reason its called Tree ofKnowledge is when you eat from it you know things you did not know before this makes them innocent. Afterwards they knew pain, women started giving birth in pain, and knew what it was like to feel pain from thorns in the foot from working in the gardens I say it makes them pretty innocent yea!

So the fact that God even put this Tree of Knowledge out there to mess them up makes him a sad pathetic God.
I suppose that means they could not see either, for they were blind - their eyes were shut. :facepalm:

nPeace

Veteran Member
You know a lot of Atheists were Christians before and studied the bible.

Genesis 3:22
And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil

Interpretations can vary between doctrines between Christian Churches, but the structure of that sentence implies that Man didn't know Good and Evil before the fruit.
Therein lies the problem. Studying the Bible is not based solely on intellectual ability. In fact, it is interesting that many people who are not highly educated, understand the Bible, better than intellectual giants... and the reason for that is beyond the ability of those who consider themselves experts in most everything.
For example, consider some things Paul said...
(1 Corinthians 2:3-5) 3 And I came to you in weakness and in fear and with much trembling; 4 and my speech and what I preached were not with persuasive words of wisdom but with a demonstration of spirit and power, 5 so that your faith might be, not in men’s wisdom, but in God’s power.

(1 Corinthians 2:8-16) 8 It is this wisdom that none of the rulers of this system of things came to know, for if they had known it, they would not have executed the glorious Lord. 9 But just as it is written: “Eye has not seen and ear has not heard, nor have there been conceived in the heart of man the things that God has prepared for those who love him.” 10 For it is to us God has revealed them through his spirit, for the spirit searches into all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who among men knows the things of a man except the man’s spirit within him? So, too, no one has come to know the things of God except the spirit of God. 12 Now we received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit that is from God, so that we might know the things that have been kindly given us by God. 13 These things we also speak, not with words taught by human wisdom, but with those taught by the spirit, as we explain spiritual matters with spiritual words. 14 But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually. 15 However, the spiritual man examines all things, but he himself is not examined by any man. 16 For “who has come to know the mind of Jehovah, so that he may instruct him?” But we do have the mind of Christ.

This is only a sample demonstrating why one may study the Bible and be completely ignorant of it's value. In fact they might consider it foolishness.
(1 Corinthians 1:18-25) 18 For the speech about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is God’s power. 19 For it is written: “I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectuals I will reject.” 20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this system of things? Has not God made the wisdom of the world foolish? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not get to know God through its wisdom, God was pleased through the foolishness of what is preached to save those believing. 22 For the Jews ask for signs and the Greeks look for wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ executed on the stake, to the Jews a cause for stumbling but to the nations foolishness. 24 However, to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because a foolish thing of God is wiser than men, and a weak thing of God is stronger than men.

How much clearer could Paul put this.
Well said.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Your ignoring the fact that Adam and Eve didn't understand the consequences of their action because they weren't created with the sense of right and wrong. This is stated in Genesis 3:22 when God says " and the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil" That sentence implies man didn't know good and evil before taking of the fruit.

So God was asking too much from them and then proceeds to punish adam and eve. Don't forget if you believe in original sin were guilty of their mistakes too. Such a loving compassionate god.
So are you saying Adam and Ever were created without conscience?
(Romans 2:12-16)
12 For all those who sinned without law will also perish without law; but all those who sinned under law will be judged by law. 13 For the hearers of law are not the ones righteous before God, but the doers of law will be declared righteous. 14For when people of the nations, who do not have law, do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves. 15They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts, while their conscience is bearing witness with them, and by their own thoughts they are being accused or even excused. 16 This will take place in the day when God through Christ Jesus judges the secret things of mankind, according to the good news I declare.