• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The future of religion:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Even a broken clock is accurate twice a day. Even predictions I make happen to come true on occasion. I don't see that as actual knowledge of future events but more common sense and a bit of luck.

I recall many predictions made in the 70's about what the world would be like in the next century. A majority didn't happen. Sure sometimes someone will get something right but what all the predictions that didn't come true? We seem to forget about all the wrong predictions and hold out a handful that happened to turn out right.

Not saying humans are always wrong, but most of the time, they are wrong.

Fully agree that most get it wrong. We’ll just have to wait and see if the others come to fruition.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
View attachment 29485 Actually if statistics are correct, Islam will be the world's dominant faith and like Christianity will have erect progressive interpretations of the faith from conservative. I don't see this trend declining perhaps in the year 3000 this will change but not any time soon.
What will be the position/no-position of Atheism (and the like Agnosticism/Skepticism) religion/no-religion , please?

Regards

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
What will be the position/no-position of Atheism (and the like Agnosticism/Skepticism) religion/no-religion , please?

Regards

It will always be there. It may grow slowly but yes it will be there. But I do think the longer humans exist and the more advance in technology we see, I think in the further future generations religion will become less significant. when we explore and colonize different planets I see a recycling of primordial faiths along with the older religions. But I do see a dramatic shift in belief (this is just an educated guess) when we increase our knowledge in technology.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I will neither answer questions nor respond to replies.
Hey Moderators, is this thread a violation of the ban on preaching? Stating things definitively as fact that you haven't demonstrated with no intent to interact or discuss with other members?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hey Moderators, is this thread a violation of the ban on preaching? Stating things definitively as fact that you haven't demonstrated with no intent to interact or discuss with other members?

That comment was put in as an edit, after many of the first replies were not helpful.

But now, Genuine replies have not been responded to as well.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It will always be there. It may grow slowly but yes it will be there. But I do think the longer humans exist and the more advance in technology we see, I think in the further future generations religion will become less significant. when we explore and colonize different planets I see a recycling of primordial faiths along with the older religions. But I do see a dramatic shift in belief (this is just an educated guess) when we increase our knowledge in technology.

I see a push to discredit and do away with religion is well underway, but the time will come when man will realise they need help and will turn back and search religion to find out what it really said.

When we reach that time, our unity as one human race will also be realised and the future will be magnificent.

Until then we ride the storm and waves of discontent.

Regards Tony

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What does the pew research indicate?
Regards

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
What does the pew research indicate?
Regards

According to the graph from 2010-2050 Islam will grow exponentially therefore by 2050 it will become 29.7% of the worlds population while Christianity will be 31%. The religiously unaffiliated will decline approximately around plus minus 3% (from 16.4 to 13.2). Buddhist shares a similar drop off as well as folk religions. But beyond that it may be hard to say considering the technological changes soon to come because with advanced technology there is an eventual change in the social dynamics on how we see the world. Therefore I think when we colonize other planets I believe religion/spirituality will play a part it'll just play a part differently than how we perceive today and that lack of religion or atheism will remain stagnant.