1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured The future of religion:

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by KelseyR, May 29, 2019.

1. loverofhumanity

loverofhumanity Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,777
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    Fully agree that most get it wrong. We’ll just have to wait and see if the others come to fruition.

• Like Like x 1
  2. paarsurrey

paarsurrey Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +1,778
    What will be the position/no-position of Atheism (and the like Agnosticism/Skepticism) religion/no-religion , please?

Regards

3. Epic Beard Man

Epic Beard Man Bearded Philosopher

Ratings:
    +3,557
    Religion:
    Agnostic-Monotheist
    It will always be there. It may grow slowly but yes it will be there. But I do think the longer humans exist and the more advance in technology we see, I think in the further future generations religion will become less significant. when we explore and colonize different planets I see a recycling of primordial faiths along with the older religions. But I do see a dramatic shift in belief (this is just an educated guess) when we increase our knowledge in technology.

4. Left Coast

Left Coast Active Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +590
    Religion:
    None
    Hey Moderators, is this thread a violation of the ban on preaching? Stating things definitively as fact that you haven't demonstrated with no intent to interact or discuss with other members?

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Tony Bristow-Stagg Ocean Immersion
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,099
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    That comment was put in as an edit, after many of the first replies were not helpful.

But now, Genuine replies have not been responded to as well.

Regards Tony

6. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Tony Bristow-Stagg Ocean Immersion
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,099
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    I see a push to discredit and do away with religion is well underway, but the time will come when man will realise they need help and will turn back and search religion to find out what it really said.

When we reach that time, our unity as one human race will also be realised and the future will be magnificent.

Until then we ride the storm and waves of discontent.

Regards Tony

7. paarsurrey

paarsurrey Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +1,778
    What does the pew research indicate?
    Regards

8. Epic Beard Man

Epic Beard Man Bearded Philosopher

Ratings:
    +3,557
    Religion:
    Agnostic-Monotheist
    According to the graph from 2010-2050 Islam will grow exponentially therefore by 2050 it will become 29.7% of the worlds population while Christianity will be 31%. The religiously unaffiliated will decline approximately around plus minus 3% (from 16.4 to 13.2). Buddhist shares a similar drop off as well as folk religions. But beyond that it may be hard to say considering the technological changes soon to come because with advanced technology there is an eventual change in the social dynamics on how we see the world. Therefore I think when we colonize other planets I believe religion/spirituality will play a part it'll just play a part differently than how we perceive today and that lack of religion or atheism will remain stagnant.