• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The future of religion:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The other side of our post was thinking to make, was a list of where the dividing of individual religious labels, are literally about to endorse World War 3...

Faith means to have trust; we don't put trust in a religion, yet in the Dharma - which is the natural Way from the Source, it needs no labels.

Thus Yeshua, Lao Tzu, Krishna, David, Muhammad, Buddha, etc, all taught the Way, the problem is religious leaders make it an organization, which ruins the natural flow of it all as One.

When we reject different pathways up the mountain of Dharma, each blindside causes us to have shadows, that will then manifest to make us see our divisions.

In my opinion. :innocent:
A question arises when I read your post :) (good I hope)
You say there is oneness(I agree all is one) But is not that to still have a label of the one? When you let go of even the one. is not that even higher understanding of truth?
Why do I ask? if you say one, there must be someone there to put that label on it? right? but if there is nothingness (no-thingness) then there is nobody there to put a label right?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A question arises when I read your post :) (good I hope)
You say there is oneness(I agree all is one) But is not that to still have a label of the one? When you let go of even the one. is not that even higher understanding of truth?
Why do I ask? if you say one, there must be someone there to put that label on it? right? but if there is nothingness (no-thingness) then there is nobody there to put a label right?

I see that there is no understanding for us beyond oneness. Baha'u'llah offered this;

"..O affectionate seeker! Shouldst thou soar in the holy realm of the spirit, thou wouldst recognize God manifest and exalted above all things, in such wise that thine eyes would behold none else but Him. “God was alone; there was none else besides Him.” So lofty is this station that no testimony can bear it witness, neither evidence do justice to its truth. Wert thou to explore the sacred domain of truth, thou wilt find that all things are known only by the light of His recognition, that He hath ever been, and will continue for ever to be, known through Himself...."

Regards Tony

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I see that there is no understanding for us beyond oneness. Baha'u'llah offered this;

"..O affectionate seeker! Shouldst thou soar in the holy realm of the spirit, thou wouldst recognize God manifest and exalted above all things, in such wise that thine eyes would behold none else but Him. “God was alone; there was none else besides Him.” So lofty is this station that no testimony can bear it witness, neither evidence do justice to its truth. Wert thou to explore the sacred domain of truth, thou wilt find that all things are known only by the light of His recognition, that He hath ever been, and will continue for ever to be, known through Himself...."

Regards Tony
Thank you Tony :)
But if God sees himself as one. does that mean he has a self? in my understanding, a God has no clinging to a self or ego. call it selfless

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thank you Tony :)
But if God sees himself as one. does that mean he has a self? in my understanding, a God has no clinging to a self or ego. call it selfless

Hi Amanaki, thank you. ;)

To us the 'Self of God' is the Manifestations, they are all we can know of God. They are the Primal Will quoted in this passage;

Baha'u'llah explains it like this;

"...To every discerning and illumined heart it is evident that God, the unknowable Essence, the divine Being, is immensely exalted beyond every human attribute, such as corporeal existence, ascent and descent, egress and regress. Far be it from His glory that human tongue should adequately recount His praise, or that human heart comprehend His fathomless mystery. He is and hath ever been veiled in the ancient eternity of His Essence, and will remain in His Reality everlastingly hidden from the sight of men. “No vision taketh in Him, but He taketh in all vision; He is the Subtile, the All-Perceiving.” No tie of direct intercourse can possibly bind Him to His creatures. He standeth exalted beyond and above all separation and union, all proximity and remoteness. No sign can indicate His presence or His absence; inasmuch as by a word of His command all that are in heaven and on earth have come to exist, and by His wish, which is the Primal Will itself, all have stepped out of utter nothingness into the realm of being, the world of the visible...."

None of these Mesengers need us in any way, it is God's Grace and Bounty they are given to us, this is what is offered about the Manifestation;

"...Verily He Who is the Day-star of Truth and Revealer of the Supreme Being holdeth, for all time, undisputed sovereignty over all that is in heaven and on earth, though no man be found on earth to obey Him. He verily is independent of all earthly dominion, though He be utterly destitute. Thus We reveal unto thee the mysteries of the Cause of God, and bestow upon thee the gems of divine wisdom, that haply thou mayest soar on the wings of renunciation to those heights that are veiled from the eyes of men...."

I think it is to those heights our heart is called.

Regards Tony

MJFlores

I predict that all of the current religions will wither and die over the next 200 years. They will be replaced by one uniting belief: a new order of religion that is nature-based instead of magical (supernatural). The idea of eternal life of worthwhile nature will be flawlessly reasoned and mankind will enjoy a new sense of purpose. I promise!

How do I know tit will happen? I'm privy to how it will be done. 2020 is when it begins. Call BS if you want. IDC!

===================================================================================

I will neither answer questions nor respond to replies. I will say that you can forget all of those PEW projections. They don't account for the introduction of a dark horse.

LUKENO.gif

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Then I would die. because no human being can dictate what I should believe or not :)

I can't even dictate to myself what I should and shouldn't believe.
I don't think anyone can.

I, for example, can't just "decide" that I'm going to believe in Santa Claus or bigfoot.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I can't even dictate to myself what I should and shouldn't believe.
I don't think anyone can.

I, for example, can't just "decide" that I'm going to believe in Santa Claus or bigfoot.
I used 5 years to study different religious texts until dhamma (Buddhism) was the one I chose to follow. It was many hours of thinking about what would be the best way toward awakening to the truth. so it was not just that i woke up one morning and said, I am now a Buddhist. then i have used 20 years to cultivate the teaching, meditation and doing my best to understand what is needed to be done to awakening to the dhamma.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I have absolutely no idea what the future of religion will be. Heck, even tomorrow is hard some days. Call it affectionate detachment to it. "Wait and see," is about all I can say about it.

Neuropteron

In the future, "the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Yaweh as the waters are covering the very sea" - Isaiah 11:9

The result, in part, will be that society will learn to act and think perfectly and be in harmony with their creator, one another, and with nature.

"righteousness is what the inhabitants of the productive land will certainly learn" - Isaiah 26:9

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
but if there is nothingness (no-thingness) then there is nobody there to put a label right?
Oneness is where we recognize we're One, and others are One, so we have Oneness...

Zeroness is what we're generally teaching, which is to remove the One, and have nothingness.

Yet even in this identification of what it is, it provides a label; yet that label is also a destination to go to, not a leader to follow, like where we have Christianity, Buddhism, Krishna Conscious, etc.

Religions need to evolve past a beauty pageant of who has the best leader, and to turn it into something beyond the dogma, where it is a true scientific understanding of theology.

In my opinion. :innocent:

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
As the world plunges deeper in madness and uncertainty, not are only are more people going to become religious, there is going to be the creation of more religions and cults and not only that I predict these religions will become more fanatical and apocalyptic in their worldview. It happens everytime there is a looming global crisis and right now there is several looming global crisis on the horizon.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
As the world plunges deeper in madness and uncertainty, not are only are more people going to become religious, there is going to be the creation of more religions and cults and not only that I predict these religions will become more fanatical and apocalyptic in their worldview. It happens everytime there is a looming global crisis and right now there is several looming global crisis on the horizon.
This one I do agree with you on. People tend to be drawn to some religions in a crisis. But unfortunately for them, it is not enough to ask for help because one is scared. In my understanding

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
This one I do agree with you on. People tend to be drawn to some religions in a crisis. But unfortunately for them, it is not enough to ask for help because one is scared. In my understanding
And they look for comfort in the religion that is going to make them feel more safe, secure and powerful. More tribalistic and exclusive religions rather than open and inclusive.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
To me the situation is always blurrier than statistics can handle.

In today's world the difference between religious and unaffiliated for example is blurry. Religious beliefs and labels are blurry too.

I think the way things could be calculated during let's say the first half of the 20th Century gives us nothing clear anymore.