• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "F word" for those who hate the word "feminist"

CynthiaCypher

To be fair, I don't think Rev opposes gender equality. What I see is that he opposes what he perceives to be problematic aspects within feminism, but not egalitarianism. I don't think it's fair to label him a misogynist just because of that.

To be fair some of his statements in other threads, especially in my Deuteronomy and Rape thread lead me to believe that he might hold some anti-women sentiment.

CynthiaCypher

It exemplifies your (& others') continually abusive style towards those who aren't of
the "feminist" brand, especially towards males. You've major anger issues to work out.

My anger issues have absolutely nothing to do with whether I believe men and women should be equal nor do they exemplify that I am against equality. No cigar, chum.

Alceste

Vagabond
You're not seeing it. The feminist forum came before the men's issues forum.

One might even say the men's issues DIR, like MRAs in the wider world, is a conpletely reactionary phenomenon. After we created our feminism DIR, it was not even 48 hours until a handful of virulent RF anti-feminists suddenly felt the urge to create a safe place to discuss an imaginary epidemic of false rape accusations by women against men, how much feminists and feminism suck and other such topics of pressing concern to men who love hating feminists.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To be fair, I don't think Rev opposes gender equality.
I often clearly state that I favor gender equality, but this always gets lost in the fog of
argument. Moreover, I even favor more autonomy over one's body than most feminists
do. This is a reason I see much of feminism as a sub-set of my broader libertarian values.
But to state so sure raises some hackles, eh? Thus, it trends towards ad hominem bickering.

What I see is that he opposes what he perceives to be problematic aspects within feminism, but not egalitarianism. I don't think it's fair to label him a misogynist just because of that.
Thanx. But egalitarianism is not without its limitations too. It's just a better label for
me, particularly since it appears to have no cultural connotations associated with the word.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To be fair some of his statements in other threads, especially in my Deuteronomy and Rape thread lead me to believe that he might hold some anti-women sentiment.
There's a great deal of mischief in predicating your abusive attitude on the
word, "might". This bespeaks prejudice, thoughtlessness, & loathing.
Perhaps you could bet yourself a trillion dollars you can't come up with the
posts showing my hatred of women, eh?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Would that mean that masculinism (or MRM or whatever you want to call it) is also egalitarian?
I don't know much about it. Feminism looked at untipping unbalanced scales. Does masculinism do this?

If so, then yes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't know much about it. Feminism looked at untipping unbalanced scales. Does masculinism do this?
If so, then yes.
I see the best of feminism & MRA as both being egalitarian.
(But there are some elements in each which.....hmmm....not going there right now.)
Both are needed, & have important roles to play.

Last edited:

freethinker44

My anger issues have absolutely nothing to do with whether I believe men and women should be equal nor do they exemplify that I am against equality. No cigar, chum.

Saying it and practicing it are two different things. I've noticed for some time now that you clearly have some unresolved issues with men.

Uh oh, I criticized you for something. Does this mean I have to grow a "neckbeard" now?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Saying it and practicing it are two different things. I've noticed for some time now that you clearly have some unresolved issues with men.

Uh oh, I criticized you for something. Does this mean I have to grow a "neckbeard" now?
How does a "neckbeard" differ from a beard?
I've been wondering what this is about.
(Not a beard fan anyway. They look good on others though.)

CynthiaCypher

Tis like the rage of a small child who lacks self control.
I cut slack instead of taking it personally.

I am angry alright. I am very angry at all the misogyny you spread in this forum and get away with. I don't know why an atheist would go out of his way to defend a passage in the Bible that sanctions rape unless that atheist had issues with women.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
No.... it does not.

If so, then yes.
Masculinism is totally unnecessary imo, and the Mens Issues DIR is pathetic. I really should have listed its threads in the same way that I listed the purple Fem Threads.

Mens have a bad time, really.
Yes Roger, that's true. Blokes get a bad deal.
That's right Michael.
,,,,,,,,,,, Snore.......
:facepalm:

freethinker44

How does a "neckbeard" differ from a beard?
I've been wondering what this is about.
(Not a beard fan anyway. They look good on others though.)

It's a derogatory term used by bigots. Not really a huge difference between a beard and a neckbeard and you don't even need a neckbeard to be called a neckbeard.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am angry alright. I am very angry at all the misogyny you spread in this forum and get away with. I don't know why an atheist would go out of his way to defend a passage in the Bible that sanctions rape unless that atheist had issues with women.
Defend the Bible?
Defend rape?
Clearly, we are not communicating very well with each other.

Note to all:
Some of the feminists here (& IRL) are my respected friends.
We will occasionally differ on some minor issues, but we all
have the same larger goals for individuals & society. Let's
not lose sight of important things in common.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I see the best of feminism & MRA as both being egalitarian.
(But there are some elements in each which.....hmmm....not going there right now.)
Both are needed, & have important roles to play.
What individuals practice has no impact on what feminism or masculinism is.