• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Exclusivity of Christianity: Myth or Reality

omega2xx

That's how the Jews felt about Christ.

I know and they are wrong also until one understands how the OT & the NT are linked together.

That's how the Jews understood their scripture when Christ came.

Again hey were wrong. "All one need to do is to understand no man can die for the sins of others, except the one without spot of blemish. That eliminated the Jews from being the servant of Isa 53, which is clearly Messianic.

Jehovah is Omnipotent. I regard the Baha'i scripture as you regard the bible. The last book in the bible was written over 1900 years ago. I have the updated version. That's where my authority comes from.

That is fine but it is not Scriptural and on that basis, I reject it.

Its the end of an era, not the end of the world. The signs that accompanied the end of the era for the Jews in Matthew 24 are the same that are accompanying the end of the Christian era now.

Mt 24 speak of false Christ, and the beginning of tribulation..It warns us to be on the alert and of the "abomination of desolation" which has not occurred yet.

In regards to the return of Christ, the best NT example is John the Baptists being the return of Elijah. John the Baptist was a spiritual, not physical incarnation of Elijah. Put another way Elijah does not physically return but the spirit of Elijah as John the Baptist does.

You Are half right. John came in the spirit of Elijah as the of what was prophised by Elijah. But John was not incarnated, we are given His mother and father in the gospels.

In Malachi 4:5-6, God announced that He would send “Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the LORD.”

That refers to the second coming.

In Luke 1:17, the angel Gabriel told Zacharias, John’s father, that John would fulfil Malachi 4:6, stating that he would go before the Lord “in the spirit and power of Elijah.” Jesus identified John as Elijah (Matthew 11:14;17:10-13; Mark 9:11-13). However, when asked by the priests and Levites if he were Elijah, John denied it (John 1:21)![

Evidently John was ignorant of that truth. I have to admit, that passage has alwwsys been a problem for me, but I do not reject the simple by the obscure.

The significance is that John the Baptist had a similar role and purpose to Elijah with similar spiritual qualities. Likewise the returned Christ or Messiah is not the same physical Jesus. The wonders and signs accompanying His return were not too dissimilar to those that accompanied Jesus.

Actually the were. At His first coming, nothing described in the scroll, trumpet and bowl jugments were performed at His first coming.

How do we know who's really a Christian. The same way we know the true prophet.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

Matthew 7:15-20

Not true. In judgding a prophet , we have objective evidence, We cdan't look intot he hears of peole lto know theire spiritual condition. Oly God can do that---Acts 1:24.

As to the fruits St Paul in Galatians speaks:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

Galatians 5:22-23
Teh fruit of the lSpirit kdoes not save anyone. They are th characteristics of saved,---

Like these verses for example?

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes."

Those verses make my point not yours.

You wanted to know why I am a Baha'i and not a Christian. I think I have answered your question.:)

Thanks and now you know why I reject Baha'i

rusra02

Premium Member
I agree that these verses warn about the existence of false beliefs mixed in with the true beliefs. There are many reasons why Christianity finds itself in its current predicament. Consider this verse from Baha'u'llah:

The vitality of men’s belief in God is dying out in every land; nothing short of His wholesome medicine can ever restore it. The corrosion of ungodliness is eating into the vitals of human society; what else but the Elixir of His potent Revelation can cleanse and revive it?

It is not just Christianity that is in crisis but all the major world religions. Maybe we shouldn't be so 'Christianity' centred in our world view?

I think its going to be a hard sell presenting the JWs as the true Christians. What makes you guys so good and the other Christians so bad?
Good question. I believe if we accept the Bible as the standard for true Christianity, then we can simply compare what a professed Christian group teaches and practices with what the Bible says. Jesus stated it this way at Matthew 7:15-20; "Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. Every tree not producing fine fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men."

RESOLUTION

It depends on what you call truth. If its 'my religion is right and your religion is wrong' then that's a foundation for disunity and division.

Most of the real truths of Christianity are present in all the main religions.

I have to disagree with you there. As God and Jesus Christ are the only religion that preaches love and forgiveness.
None of the essential truths of Christianity show up in main religions.

Christianity is 2,000 years old, the Baha'i Faith is 170 years old. Check this out../QUOTE]
Christianity, is the fulfillment of the OT the Jewish Messiah it did not appear from nothing 2,000 years ago it was Jews proclaiming the Messiah.
Growth of religion - Wikipedia

The rate growth of the Baha'i Faith in the last 100 years 1.72%
The growth of Christianity 1.31%

Christianity is the largest faith in the world. All the others are small in comparison.
Growth rates of the last 100 years has not changed the fact that Christianity is the main religion of the world.

The Baha'i faith must be the real thing after all according to your standards.

So you doubt your faith. I can see no reason for your reply other than you feel your faith just doesn't stand on it'sown truth.

In my profession we have the Hippocratic Oath "Do no harm".

First - do no harm. So you are a doctor? But then Christ without being a trained doctor provided more healings than professionals with all their skills. Could you imagine how God could use you in the ministry for Christ.Imagine being able to pray for your patients and them getting well? I have to say you have a wonderful profession.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You an unbeliever and so no burden of proof required or necessary.
Responses like this is sometimes called a "cop-out", so many actually post this supposed convincing evidence for others here who may be on the fence on this issue.

RESOLUTION

Responses like this is sometimes called a "cop-out", so many actually post this supposed convincing evidence for others here who may be on the fence on this issue.

Do not resemble a 'cop-out', in any shape, way or form.
My post was very clear in relation to unbelievers. The truth is there is no fence you are one or the other. Believer or unbeliever.
It is what it is.

metis

Do not resemble a 'cop-out', in any shape, way or form.
My post was very clear in relation to unbelievers. The truth is there is no fence you are one or the other. Believer or unbeliever.
It is what it is.
All that you have proven is that you have nothing to offer, and we both well know why, which is simply that you cannot supply any objective facts to support your assertions.

Thus endith our conversation.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I have to disagree with you there. As God and Jesus Christ are the only religion that preaches love and forgiveness.
None of the essential truths of Christianity show up in main religions.

Sounds like you need to spend more time learning about other religions and less time posting on forums like this one.:)

RESOLUTION

Sounds like you need to spend more time learning about other religions and less time posting on forums like this one.:)
Which religion would you like to discuss? You see the reality is, if you check most pagan religions and even the Egyptian faiths you see that it all comes down to the worship of the worship of the male elements nature which is that of Baal which was many gods not one.

Even with Seth, Setekh, Sut, Sutekh, Sety we see the things of Satan within the teachings and beliefs.
We can search all the religions and they are basically the worship of nature, tree and animals or the things of nature and mans desires.

Either way we see nothing that suggests that any other religion has a God of love who doesn't want to punish but forgive.

Do you think the sacrifices of Children appropriate for a deity? Look at modern paganism, so called because they wanted
to drop the evil done in it's history.

Those Indian religions who hold a Cows life more sacred than that of a human being.

Doreen Irvine... high priestess in black magic coven wrote books like from witchcraft to Christ.

I have studied a lot of religions but none have a loving and forgiving Father who saves his people.
Do you believe you ever bore fruit?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Which religion would you like to discuss? You see the reality is, if you check most pagan religions and even the Egyptian faiths you see that it all comes down to the worship of the worship of the male elements nature which is that of Baal which was many gods not one.

Even with Seth, Setekh, Sut, Sutekh, Sety we see the things of Satan within the teachings and beliefs.
We can search all the religions and they are basically the worship of nature, tree and animals or the things of nature and mans desires.

Either way we see nothing that suggests that any other religion has a God of love who doesn't want to punish but forgive.

Do you think the sacrifices of Children appropriate for a deity? Look at modern paganism, so called because they wanted
to drop the evil done in it's history.

Those Indian religions who hold a Cows life more sacred than that of a human being.

Doreen Irvine... high priestess in black magic coven wrote books like from witchcraft to Christ.

I have studied a lot of religions but none have a loving and forgiving Father who saves his people.
Do you believe you ever bore fruit?

How about Judaism, Buddhism, and the Baha'i faith. Any teachings about love in those religions?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Good question. I believe if we accept the Bible as the standard for true Christianity, then we can simply compare what a professed Christian group teaches and practices with what the Bible says. Jesus stated it this way at Matthew 7:15-20; "Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. Every tree not producing fine fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men."

Matthew 7:15-20 could easily be applied to the Baha'i Faith in regards to good fruit. What makes the fruit of the Jehovah witnesses any better?

RESOLUTION

How about Judaism, Buddhism, and the Baha'i faith. Any teachings about love in those religions?
Judaism is Christianity the fulfillment of the Messiah Yeshua. Buddhism and Bahai are based on the human eros
Matthew 7:15-20 could easily be applied to the Baha'i Faith in regards to good fruit. What makes the fruit of the Jehovah witnesses any better?

Hi adrian009,

Very tricky as the one core difference shows that Baha'i is not the fulfillment of the Christian teachings.
You see the NT also teaches us.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Christ was the Son of God. Christ came in the flesh not God. Christ was fully human and he was divine in nature... like God without sin.
But he is the ONLY way to God and he reflects and has made God known to us. Those who have the true Spirit know Jesus came in the flesh.
But God chose one son that was Isaac and he has one Son Jesus Christ and his covenants were made through the Abram descendants through Isaac.

None of those other prophets (outside the OT/NT) you believe to be from God were ever sent by God.

So there is no way they could be applied to the Baha'i faith and with good reason. The teachings of God shows us this in the OT.

ACTS 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Like Moses with Pharaoh we are to obey Christ as we would God for God spoke his own words through Jesus and he like Moses became as God speaking directly to us.
You cannot trade Christ for an imitation.

WHY do bring up JW's. I am not a JW so you know. :)

Last edited:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Judaism is Christianity the fulfillment of the Messiah Yeshua.

They are separate religions as Jews do not consider themselves Christian. The greatest commandment to love God was taken from Judaism, not the other way around. Deuteronomy 6:5

You told me that Christianity was the only religion that taught love. That appears wrong.

Buddhism and Bahai are based on the human eros

Eros is the Greek God of love. The Greeks were unknown to Buddha in 2,500. The Baha'i Faith came out of Islam as Christianity arose out of Judaism. So nothing to do with the Greek God of love. The Baha'i Faith claims to have come from God. Can you prove that it hasn't?

Christ was the Son of God.

I agree.

A Baha'i perspective on Jesus as the 'Son of God'

Christ came in the flesh not God. Christ was fully human and he was divine in nature... like God without sin.

I agree. He is not God incarnate because:

1 John 4:12
"No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Mark 13:32
But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

1 KIng 8:27
But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

Malachi 3:6
For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Perhaps it would be better to think of Jesus as being a perfect image or reflection of Gods' divine attributes?

Colossians 1:15 in regards to Jesus
"Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature"

John 5:19
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

John 8:28
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

So in this manner Moses also speaks as God

Deuteronomy 29:2-6
"These are the words of the covenant, which the Lord commanded Moses to make with the children of Israel in the land of Moab, beside the covenant which he made with them in Horeb.
And Moses called unto all Israel, and said unto them, Ye have seen all that the Lord did before your eyes in the land of Egypt unto Pharaoh, and unto all his servants, and unto all his land;
The great temptations which thine eyes have seen, the signs, and those great miracles:
Yet the Lord hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.
And I have led you forty years in the wilderness: your clothes are not waxen old upon you, and thy shoe is not waxen old upon thy foot.
Ye have not eaten bread, neither have ye drunk wine or strong drink: that ye might know that I am the Lord your God."

So Moses is to the Jews what Jesus has become to the Christians. Although the language is different Moses was the salvation for the Hebrew people, both physically and spiritually.

But he is the ONLY way to God and he reflects and has made God known to us.

Moses was clearly the salvation for the Jewish peoples and remains so.

Lets consider the context of John 14:6

Jesus is speaking to His disciples who of course are all, like Jesus are Jews. He has just informed them of His impending martyrdom. They are distraught and He is comforting them. When He says "I am the way, the truth, the light, nobody goes to the Father except through me" He is reiterating that He is the Promised One that the Jews have been waiting for and they need to turn to Him, not to another.

The world of the Jews did not even remotely approach the type of global vision that we have now. The Jews' world vision was confined to surrounding regions throughout the Middle East and what was in the Tanakh. Most Jews were illiterate and relied on religious teachers for instruction.

It must be stated that in no way was Jesus referring to other religions. For example Islam would not come for nearly 600 years. Buddhism and Hinduism although present in India/Asia were unknown to the Jews.

Jesus is also indicating that He will be the new focal point for worship rather than the Temple. This becomes apparent with considering the Olivet discourse (Matthew 24), John 2:19-21, and Revelation 21:22

Those who have the true Spirit know Jesus came in the flesh.

Anyone can claim that. I've claimed it above.:) Does that mean I am right?

But God chose one son that was Isaac and he has one Son Jesus Christ and his covenants were made through the Abram descendants through Isaac.

Why one and not more?

None of those other prophets (outside the OT/NT) you believe to be from God were ever sent by God.

That's opinion, not fact. Can you prove it?

So there is no way they could be applied to the Baha'i faith and with good reason. The teachings of God shows us this in the OT.

So where's the proof? Better still, show me 5 prophecies that Jesus fulfilled from the OT? Then tell me why the Jews do not agree, if you don't mind. Educate and humour me.:rolleyes:

WHY do bring up JW's. I am not a JW so you know. :)

Because I was answering a question that a JW had asked me in the first place.:confused:

Which Christian denomination is right? It all comes down to interpretation of scripture. Christianity is so divided and has so many different understandings. One person or group understands the bible differently from another. One group insists that their way is the only way to see it. Then they start to see the other group as being misguided heretics, morally deficient, unreasonable, and spiritually blind. They start accusing the other of removing parts of the bible to suit themselves, to twist the words of God, and so it goes. We don't have bloodshed with masses of people dying in the name of Christianity like bygone ages but we have animosity and misunderstanding in the name of God. What loving and just God would expect a reasonable person to persist with such a religion let alone believe in Him?

But behold! Here's some teachings that appear wise and Holy just like the Christian teachings.;)

"Religion should unite all hearts and cause wars and disputes to vanish from the face of the earth, give birth to spirituality, and bring life and light to each heart. If religion becomes a cause of dislike, hatred and division, it were better to be without it, and to withdraw from such a religion would be a truly religious act. For it is clear that the purpose of a remedy is to cure; but if the remedy should only aggravate the complaint it had better be left alone. Any religion which is not a cause of love and unity is no religion. All the holy prophets were as doctors to the soul; they gave prescriptions for the healing of mankind; thus any remedy that causes disease does not come from the great and supreme Physician." Baha'i writings

RESOLUTION

They are separate religions as Jews do not consider themselves Christian. The greatest commandment to love God was taken from Judaism, not the other way around. Deuteronomy 6:5
You told me that Christianity was the only religion that taught love. That appears wrong.

I told you that Judaism is Christianity the fulfillment of the Messiah Yeshua.
So those who are Christians are JEWS. Because Christianity is the fulfillment of the promise in the Old Covenant
of the New Covenant which includes the Gentiles.

Jews were the first Christians and if you compare Sadducees and Pharisees you will find distinct differences in their beliefs
which occurred and was allowed because the Messiah was to bring the final truth from God.
So you see Christianity is just a word used as an insult. Christ never called himself a Christian, neither did the Apostles.
So we see the Christian faith is Judaism, in that it is based soley on the promised Messiah having come.
All fortold in the OT. The Jewish faith taught people to love God but it also punished if you broke the law.
The second covenant is different because the final covenant is God forgiving his peoples sins.
Eros is the Greek God of love. The Greeks were unknown to Buddha in 2,500. The Baha'i Faith came out of Islam as Christianity
arose out of Judaism. So nothing to do with the Greek God of love.
The Baha'i Faith claims to have come from God. Can you prove that it hasn't?

EROS is a type of love. Just as agape and philia. So it has nothing to do with the god of that name in the
context I used it. I am also aware Baha'i came from the Islam belief started by Mahoment. Whilst Islam is a false faith
as the explanation given about the SONS. The Christian faith is not false because it comes down from the original covenant
and Isaacs descendants whom 'receive' Gods promises.

Christ was the Son of God.
I agree.

A Baha'i perspective on Jesus as the 'Son of God'

Islam and Baha'i believe many others as 'Sons of God' or another word is Prophets. But there is ONLY one Messiah and Jesus
is that Messiah. It has a completely different meaning to Jews and Christians.
Moses was clearly the salvation for the Jewish peoples and remains so.

The Messiah the final Prophet like Moses....
Deuteronomy
18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth;
and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name,
I will require it of him.

20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak,
or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken?

22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass,
that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken,
but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

So we see the promise of the Messiah is a saviour like Moses. Who saves the People.
Only Christ has fulfilled that role out all who have claimed to come from God regarding the Messiah.

Anyone can claim that. I've claimed it above.:) Does that mean I am right?

You have gone beyond the teachings of Christ.

King James Bible
Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God.
He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

How come you knew the other teaching but not the above. You have gone beyond the teachings of Christ.
We can all remember what we read but you have not shown you actually believe that because you do not
heed the teachings of Christ.

Why one and not more?
Because only one true Messiah was promised. Just as only one son of Abrahams was chosen.

That's opinion, not fact. Can you prove it?

Yes! they go beyond the teachings of Christ and all the Prophets in the OT.

Even Moses warned them not to add or take away anything from the word of God in the teachings he gave them.

So where's the proof? Better still, show me 5 prophecies that Jesus fulfilled from the OT? Then tell me why the Jews do not agree,
if you don't mind. Educate and humour me.:rolleyes:

The Messiah would be born in Bethlehem. Micah 5:2

The Messiah would be born of a virgin/maiden. Isaiah 7:14.

The Messiah would be a Prophet.Acts 3:20-22. Already quoted from Deuteronomy 18.

The Messiahs betrayal money would be used to buy the Potters field. Zechariah 11:12-13 Matthew 27:9-10

The Messiahs garments would be gambled for. Psalm 22:18 Luke 23:34 Matthew 27:35-36

The Messiah's bones would not be broken. Exodus 12:46 Psalm 34:20 John 19:33-36

Most importantly for you..

The Messiah would be a descendant of Isaac and Jacob (Isaac)Genesis 17:19 Genesis 21:12 Luke 3:34 (Jacob)Numbers 24:17
Matthew 1:2.

He also came from the tribe of Judah and none of your other Prophets ever could or claim this.
Which Christian denomination is right?
NONE as an individual group or sect.
Just as in the first days the true believers are those born of the Spirit and Truth.
John 4:19-24.

19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.

20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain,
nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:
for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

You see the Prophets and Jesus Christ all spoke by the power of Gods Spirit.

Christ himself saying " My WORDS are Spirit and they are LIFE.".

King James Bible
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish;
because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved

Jesus said " I am the WAY, the TRUTH and the Life, No one comes to the Father but by me."

God is not the author of confusion. He has made the truth clear. So the greatest physician whoever lived was Christ.
Because with the truth God gives he went about healing all were oppressed by the devil.

Acts 10:38 (KJV)

38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good,
and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Not one person went away empty handed. Jesus saw more than the need for healing and forgiveness in people.

King James Bible
And he put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will: be thou clean.
And immediately the leprosy departed from him.

A man shunned without human touch left to rot and die alone. Imagine someone not just saying be healed.
But actually touching you accepting you as you are and then healing and cleansing you.

Jesus was compassionate and he touched people where they needed to be touched and healed.
He knew more than any of us could ever know. More importantly following Jesus means in being
obedient to his words you can heal and so the things he did and even greater.

John 14:12King James Version (KJV)

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also;
and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Those who run off to other teachings miss out on the greatest prize of all. To do as Christ did.

It is in studying the scriptures of God in the OT and the Words of Christ in the NT we can see the truth about who he really is.

:)

Last edited:

metis

The Messiah would be heir to King David's throne.2 Samuel 7:12-13Isaiah 9:7 Luke 1:32-33 Romans 1:3
I know you are deliberately being obtuse. So to make it clear David cannot be his own descendant.
Maybe it's actually best you read the link instead of doubling-down on incorrectness. Here's just one paragraph from what you either ignored or didn't understand:

In Judaism, messiah (Hebrew: מָשִׁיחַ‎, translit. māšîaḥ‎; Greek: χριστός,translit. khristós, lit. 'anointed, covered in oil') is a title for a savior and liberator of the Jewish people. The concept of messianism originated in Judaism,[1][2]and in the Hebrew Bible, a messiah is a king or High Priest traditionally anointed with holy anointing oil.[3] However, messiahs were not exclusively Jewish, as the Hebrew Bible refers to Cyrus the Great, king of Persia, as a messiah[4] for his decree to rebuild the Jerusalem Temple.

The issue as to whether Jesus was a messiah I didn't comment on.

RESOLUTION

All that you have proven is that you have nothing to offer, and we both well know why, which is simply that you cannot supply any objective facts to support your assertions.

Thus endith our conversation.

Now that is the best 'cop out' scared of losing the argument retreat I have ever seen. You cannot seriously believe no one sees you have lost your argument? :)

rusra02

Premium Member
I believe scripture says that people will be sent to Hell. However God does not torment people there but they can be tormented by the fact that they are there and the memory of their sins.
The word "hell " is an English word that poorly translates the Hebrew word Sheol and the Greek word Hades.