• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The end is near?

Gloone

That is some really dumb advertisement for family radio.
The funny thing about this and most people that predict doomsday prophecies is I don't think they will be happy until they are dead and some type of catastrophic event happens that satisfies them.
Religion has rotted their brains from the inside out.

RitalinO.D.

What I found funny is one of the guys in the article made a comment saying that if he was still here on May 22, then he was just not one of the chosen, yet he claims to be one of the chosen to "warn people of the coming end". So which is it, you are chosen or you aren't. Sadly this is what religion turns some people into. End of day "prophets" with no real grasp on reality.

Gloone

Chosen to spread falsehoods. Evidently they have a false message to spread and speaks highly for their incompetence.

RitalinO.D.

I just find it extreme that they would leave entire families, houses, cars, jobs etc. behind to do this. Especially considering this guy from the radio station has already predicted the end back in 94 and was obviously wrong. Of course his excuse was his misreading of the scripture. :facepalm:

RitalinO.D.

Well this particular caravan is about 10 people, and supposedly theres 3 or 4 other caravans across the country. Who knows how many they have.

And that doesn't include the people not in the caravan that believe this crap and are supporters of what they are doing.

proffesb

What I don't get is they preach predestination so what is the point of advertising the end? Other than for advertisement of course.

Engyo sweet link

I thought this was going to be about Sarah Palin running for president. Whats frightening about these people is that they actually welcome the end of the world and so presumably will either support or not oppose human activities which are contributing to the end of the human world.

BruceDLimber

The "end of the world" thing is in fact a misunderstanding!

The term in the original Greek is "eras," which means "world" or "age."

And the translators of the KJV Bible picked the wrong meaning; this in fact speaks of the end of the Age! (The end of the world won't be for billions of years yet, until the sun ultimately expands.)

And IOV the end of the Age already took place about a century and a half ago and it thus already past history!

Peace, :)

Bruce

InvestigateTruth

In the Baha'i Scriptures, the End is described as a time when the world comes to an End spiritually but not in a physical sense. It's at that time that God again sends a new messenger and gives a new spirit to the world. According to interpretation of the prophecies of both the Bible and the Quran, the End corresponds to the year 1844, which is actually the date that the Prophet founder of the Baha'i faith proclaimed that the last Day has come and it is the Resurrection Day.

Last edited: