• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible - Why Trust It

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
No, you just denied what has been supported by research and study. You need evidence when you make claims.

And why bring Einstein into it? I would like to know what you had a problem with and how you think that it jibes with the Bible. You may be reading into the Bible. Not reading out of it.
Let's get this straight. I don't deny things like similar DNA in gorillas and humans. Or that humans resemble gorillas more than dogs. Until you get that straight, there's no point in going further with you and your accusations.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Let's get this straight. I don't deny things like similar DNA in gorillas and humans. Or that humans resemble gorillas more than dogs. Until you get that straight, there's no point in going further with you and your accusations.
I never accused you of that. Perhaps you are conflating me with someone else.

YoursTrue

And you just demonstrated a complete lack of understanding what science is and what evidence is. Like it or not the Miller-Urey experiment is evidence for abiogenesis. It answers one of the problems. It is not "proof" since it is only one small piece of evidence in a very complex problem. You keep conflating evidence with "proof". Now the fact is that abiogenesis is almost certainly how life began. We do have scientific evidence for that. We do not have scientific evidence for magic.
You may or may not be aware that the Miller-Urey experiment does not validate the theory of evolution began by so-called abiogenesis. I say that because you so far have not admitted it. It couldn't possibly be evidence for abiogenesis because -- (1) the complexity of cells themselves, and (2) it was a controlled experiment, (3) introducing by control imposed by humans as if replicating life. It does not. In a way I feel sorry for you at this point. You were hurt by your fundamentalist religion and false ideas. I don't blame you. I went for years not believing in God. It's crazy out there. I won't go any further because you're not at the point to go further now. But I do wish you well.

YoursTrue

I never accused you of that. Perhaps you are conflating me with someone else.
Let me repeat. I do not deny similarity in DNA between bonobos, gorillas, and humans. This does not mean the Darwinian style of evolution. As I said, with all the distortion of things by religion in the world, this is another proof to me that (1) God exists, (2) the Bible is God's word. I really feel you have a desire to believe. I learned a while back that only God can give the gift of faith, which seems like a conundrum because you don't believe in God. I do. Now. And so perhaps we can continue another time.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Let me repeat. I do not deny similarity in DNA between bonobos, gorillas, and humans. This does not mean the Darwinian style of evolution. As I said, with all the distortion of things by religion in the world, this is another proof to me that (1) God exists, (2) the Bible is God's word. I really feel you have a desire to believe. I learned a while back that only God can give the gift of faith, which seems like a conundrum because you don't believe in God. I do. Now. And so perhaps we can continue another time.

Like it or not it is evidence for evolution. And if you want to deny that it is evidence the burden of proof is upon you. This is why it is key that you understand the concept of evidence.

And an extremely poor and illogical argument for God is about as far from "proof" as you can get.

PearlSeeker

The question comes up as to how do you think all those historical figures (specifically the kings, their offspring and incidents, good and bad) were written about. You think it was all made up?
No, although I highly doubt that Lady of the lake gave Arthur a magical sword.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Einstein believed in the Steady-State Theory, namely that our universe was always the size it is now. However, we know that this simply isn't the case as there's more than ample evidence for the BB.

Also said he believed in "Spinoza's God", which was and is a panthest/panentheist viewpoint.

River Sea

The more I read, (the more I research) I wonder about the charge someone made about Krishna and Kamsa as analogous to a history of Moses, and I asked the poster if he (she?) knew when this happened, couldn't find anything about it on the internet, wonder if you know since you're interested in putting down the Bible.

@YoursTrue

When did this happened? Moses born around 1525 BC and Krishna 1446 - 1114

The Open Bible says that the Exodus took place at 1445 BCE. Moses was 80 years old at this time. Therefore, we place his birth at 1525 BCE. That's what it says in book

The Biblical tradition suggests the date of birth of Moses at 1525 BCE, the Islamic tradition suggests c. 1700 BCE, that's in the book

Moses killed a Mitsrite and fled from Mitsrayim. Similarly,
Krishna killed Kamsa and left Mathura Page something. (I don't know) I had the page wrong when I typed it. Yes I have flaws. and my flaws shows.

Common Travels of Moses
and Krishna from Chanhu Daro to
Nindowari.

page 185
Moses was pained upon
seeing the burdens of his
Hebrew brothers. He killed a Mitsrite who was beating a
Hebrew and fled to Midian at Nindowari in Baluchistan
There's showing in the book dates. I think I was more glued to rivers and land.

page 186
Moses killed a Mitsrite who was beating a Hebrew. Similarly
Krishna killed Kamsa who was tyrannizing the Yadavas.
Moses left for Midian at Nindowari and joined the household of
Jethro the Priest after killing the Mitsrite. Similarly Krishna left
to study under Sage Sandipani at Avantipur at Nindowari after
killing Kamsa. This was the first of the three common travels
of Moses and Krishna,

I'll write more below the photo of the book: I'm showing where I learned this information and am still learning.

From @Bharat Jhunjhunwala book is where I learn about the similarities of Moses and Krishna

You can also go to his profile page here at religion forum and I think there's a website that he has that shows information as well.

bharatbook Common Prophets.jpg

Here on this book I found interesting that both Krishna and Moses were in a basket. Similarities stories.

It seems that stories get passed down and form their own stories as time passes. It's interesting learning about these stores and finding their similarities.

Moses Krishna at Chanhu Daro
As I read, then, I'll look this up on the map. And what's really interesting is that at Google Maps, one can watch video clips of this area to see what it's like now.

I had so much fun looking things up on the map and then watching videos of what this place is like now.

Geographical Concordance
Place Chanhu Daro
Semitic Name Mitsrayim (in the narrative of Moses)
Hindu Name Mathura

That's in the book.

There are also maps in this book too, but I also had fun looking up these places at Google Maps and then watching the videos there. I also went to Google Earth a few times, and wow, I had so much fun learning about different areas on earth while also reading the book.

You see, I thought I'd mentally travel from the Indus Valley to Yisrael, but I only get as far as the 3rd Yam Suph; yep, I never made it mentally to Canaan Yisrael. Isn't that strange?

It seems I get as far as the 3rd Yam Suph and then I turn back around and head back to Indus Valley

No, it's not the book's fault, as the book explains how the journey from the Indus Valley to Yisrael happened. Yet, it was my personal mental journey as I went back to the Indus Valley, and I don't think I've ever read a book from beginning to end. Instead, I live the book through my own journey; it is this journey that contains my own mental personal story—why I never arrived in Yisrael but instead returned to the Indus Valley—so please don't blame the book for that, okay? It's me, as I'm returning to the Indus Valley to explore more once again. Okay, I'm venting, but I wanted to let you know where I got this information and echo it because I enjoy seeing if I can articulate what I learn.

Oh where's 3rd Yam Suph, in the book it says
Place Al-Qurnah
Place Shatt al-Arab (Tigris Euphrates Rivers)

Here's where the second Yam Suph is.,
Place Hamun-eMashkel

Here's where the first Yam Suph is
Place Indus River
Semitic Name Yam Suph I, Sea of the Philistines
Hindu Name Sindhu River

Another area of first Yam Suph
Place Rann of Kutch
Semitic Name Yam Suph I (in the Targum)
Hindu Name Western or Southern Sea (I'm adding question here, how is that a Hindu name?)

Okay, the point I'm making is that this book made me want to look up where on earth this is, and once there, I had a lot of fun.

There's so much more there, and, ok, how does this go with the Bible? Hey, @Bharat Jhunjhunwala can you share how you found these similarities?

I still do ask: who wrote the book of Moses, and how did Moses know when he would die?

Can you imagine writing your own death, claiming you never made it to where you were traveling to?
How did Moses know to write that?
What about stories that are similar—how did these stories spread outward and to where?

The flood is another example of a similar story: Did you know that there was a local flood in Jalore?
The Meena Community believes it has descended from this manu.
Noah, or Vaivaswat Manu

In this book explains
Noah was a descendant of Seth, brother of Cain just as
Vaivaswat Manu was a descendant of Vivaswan, brother of
Indra. We now trace the doings of Noah or Vaivaswat Manu.
And the book explains

Ok, I hope this helps explain where I get this information from and my enjoyment in seeing if I can articulate what I learn.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Einstein believed in the Steady-State Theory, namely that our universe was always the size it is now. However, we know that this simply isn't the case as there's more than ample evidence for the BB.

Also said he believed in "Spinoza's God", which was and is a panthest/panentheist viewpoint.
Einstein's theory of relativity makes more sense as I examined it as well as what the Bible says about the heavens. Einstein was not a religious man. He didn't know if God existed and I understand that. I believe there will be a resurrection, and hopefully Einstein will be brought back to life and then begin to understand more about God.
On another note, I appreciate the info broadcast about the Pope who just died; he tried to put the RCC together. :) Not that I agree with his take on the scriptures, but he did try to unite the church.

YoursTrue

@YoursTrue

When did this happened? Moses born around 1525 BC and Krishna 1446 - 1114

The Open Bible says that the Exodus took place at 1445 BCE. Moses was 80 years old at this time. Therefore, we place his birth at 1525 BCE. That's what it says in book

The Biblical tradition suggests the date of birth of Moses at 1525 BCE, the Islamic tradition suggests c. 1700 BCE, that's in the book

Moses killed a Mitsrite and fled from Mitsrayim. Similarly,
Krishna killed Kamsa and left Mathura Page something. (I don't know) I had the page wrong when I typed it. Yes I have flaws. and my flaws shows.

Common Travels of Moses
and Krishna from Chanhu Daro to
Nindowari.

page 185
Moses was pained upon
seeing the burdens of his
Hebrew brothers. He killed a Mitsrite who was beating a
Hebrew and fled to Midian at Nindowari in Baluchistan
There's showing in the book dates. I think I was more glued to rivers and land.

page 186
Moses killed a Mitsrite who was beating a Hebrew. Similarly
Krishna killed Kamsa who was tyrannizing the Yadavas.
Moses left for Midian at Nindowari and joined the household of
Jethro the Priest after killing the Mitsrite. Similarly Krishna left
to study under Sage Sandipani at Avantipur at Nindowari after
killing Kamsa. This was the first of the three common travels
of Moses and Krishna,

I'll write more below the photo of the book: I'm showing where I learned this information and am still learning.

From @Bharat Jhunjhunwala book is where I learn about the similarities of Moses and Krishna

You can also go to his profile page here at religion forum and I think there's a website that he has that shows information as well.

View attachment 70017

Here on this book I found interesting that both Krishna and Moses were in a basket. Similarities stories.

It seems that stories get passed down and form their own stories as time passes. It's interesting learning about these stores and finding their similarities.

Moses Krishna at Chanhu Daro
As I read, then, I'll look this up on the map. And what's really interesting is that at Google Maps, one can watch video clips of this area to see what it's like now.

I had so much fun looking things up on the map and then watching videos of what this place is like now.

Geographical Concordance
Place Chanhu Daro
Semitic Name Mitsrayim (in the narrative of Moses)
Hindu Name Mathura

That's in the book.

There are also maps in this book too, but I also had fun looking up these places at Google Maps and then watching the videos there. I also went to Google Earth a few times, and wow, I had so much fun learning about different areas on earth while also reading the book.

You see, I thought I'd mentally travel from the Indus Valley to Yisrael, but I only get as far as the 3rd Yam Suph; yep, I never made it mentally to Canaan Yisrael. Isn't that strange?

It seems I get as far as the 3rd Yam Suph and then I turn back around and head back to Indus Valley

No, it's not the book's fault, as the book explains how the journey from the Indus Valley to Yisrael happened. Yet, it was my personal mental journey as I went back to the Indus Valley, and I don't think I've ever read a book from beginning to end. Instead, I live the book through my own journey; it is this journey that contains my own mental personal story—why I never arrived in Yisrael but instead returned to the Indus Valley—so please don't blame the book for that, okay? It's me, as I'm returning to the Indus Valley to explore more once again. Okay, I'm venting, but I wanted to let you know where I got this information and echo it because I enjoy seeing if I can articulate what I learn.

Oh where's 3rd Yam Suph, in the book it says
Place Al-Qurnah
Place Shatt al-Arab (Tigris Euphrates Rivers)

Here's where the second Yam Suph is.,
Place Hamun-eMashkel

Here's where the first Yam Suph is
Place Indus River
Semitic Name Yam Suph I, Sea of the Philistines
Hindu Name Sindhu River

Another area of first Yam Suph
Place Rann of Kutch
Semitic Name Yam Suph I (in the Targum)
Hindu Name Western or Southern Sea (I'm adding question here, how is that a Hindu name?)

Okay, the point I'm making is that this book made me want to look up where on earth this is, and once there, I had a lot of fun.

There's so much more there, and, ok, how does this go with the Bible? Hey, @Bharat Jhunjhunwala can you share how you found these similarities?

I still do ask: who wrote the book of Moses, and how did Moses know when he would die?

Can you imagine writing your own death, claiming you never made it to where you were traveling to?
How did Moses know to write that?
What about stories that are similar—how did these stories spread outward and to where?

The flood is another example of a similar story: Did you know that there was a local flood in Jalore?
The Meena Community believes it has descended from this manu.
Noah, or Vaivaswat Manu

In this book explains
Noah was a descendant of Seth, brother of Cain just as
Vaivaswat Manu was a descendant of Vivaswan, brother of
Indra. We now trace the doings of Noah or Vaivaswat Manu.
And the book explains

Ok, I hope this helps explain where I get this information from and my enjoyment in seeing if I can articulate what I learn.
Demons exist and can influence people to write and believe things that are not true.

YoursTrue

Like it or not it is evidence for evolution. And if you want to deny that it is evidence the burden of proof is upon you. This is why it is key that you understand the concept of evidence.

And an extremely poor and illogical argument for God is about as far from "proof" as you can get.
I don't think so. But naturally, and it is corroborated in the Bible, not all will see.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The Bible - Why Trust It

Isn't the Hellenist Paulians'- Bible aka "Christian-Bible/Gospels/NT" an accusation on/against (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah that it is from him, as it sounds loudly from its internal contents, please, right?

Regards
#1 by our friend nPeace, “Religion: Christian” thread “The Bible - Why Trust It

There is nothing in the Christian-Bible/Gospels that is from ( Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, one gets to know, please, right?
If yes, then kindly quote a single verse, repeat a single verse that is from Yeshua in the first person, please. Right?

Regards

YoursTrue

There is nothing in the Christian-Bible/Gospels that is from ( Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, one gets to know, please, right?
If yes, then kindly quote a single verse, repeat a single verse that is from Yeshua in the first person, please. Right?

Regards
Jesus did not write about himself in the gospel accounts. His words and actions are recorded for us.

Muffled

Jesus in me
There are probably better more local stories for the foundation of that myth. The story appears to be Sumerian in origin. The Hebrews appear to have gotten their story from the Epic of Gilgamesh.

I believe that speculation has no basis. It is like saying Mohammed got his information from Christians and Jews.

Muffled

Jesus in me

Regards

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I believe that speculation has no basis. It is like saying Mohammed got his information from Christians and Jews.
There is far less "speculation" done in doing that than to make the obvious error of reading the Bible literally. Now that is some first class speculation.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:

Regards
John 14:2 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?

The verse John 14:5 in the context is:

5 Thomas said to him, 'Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?'
What does John chapter 14 mean? | BibleRef.com

And it makes it clear ,beyond doubt that, the verse John 14:2 is a third person narrative, please, right?

Didn't one fail miserably to quote even a single verse from Jesus in first person, please? Right?
One is a friend so one can try another time, please, right?

Regards

River Sea

I believe similarities are consistent with the things that can happen in life. That does not make the similarities coincidental.

@Muffled
What similarities have you learned that are consistent with the things that happen in life?

I found this interesting about similarities
Similarity between names of the Biblical and Hindu tradition