• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible and an over active imagination!

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
How do you know the long dead Jesus is coming back?

Because He is alive and because Israel is a country and because the statistical probabilities that Jesus fulfilled just 8 of more than 2 dozen prophetic declaration is so astronomically impossible as to dictate there is a higher power than your opinion. :)

JJ50

Because He is alive and because Israel is a country and because the statistical probabilities that Jesus fulfilled just 8 of more than 2 dozen prophetic declaration is so astronomically impossible as to dictate there is a higher power than your opinion. :)
The belief that chap, Jesus, is alive a mere belief with absolutely NO substance to support it. As for Israel, that country should never have been created without a state for the Palestinians too.

Darkforbid

The belief that chap, Jesus, is alive a mere belief with absolutely NO substance to support it. As for Israel, that country should never have been created without a state for the Palestinians too.

The belief of 2 billion people is substance

Audie

Veteran Member

Even now, they could be encouraged to move to the Gadsden
Purchase? They like desert, and they are really good a walls.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
The Bible can be interpreted in so many ways to suit a person's take on their particular brand of faith. Years ago when I was young I heard it was predicted in that book the UK would never join the EU, WHOOPS they got that wrong.:p

The end timers have been predicting the end is nigh since Jesus died, no doubt they will be doing so 2000 years hence if religion is still on some folk's agender.

Some people claim to know exactly what god is thinking, strangely enough, its thoughts are their thoughts and they are in total agreement! My late mother-in-law knew exactly what god thought on every topic, particularly which TV programmes to watch and the clothes it deemed suitable to wear.:rolleyes:

The book of Revelation, in particular, is grist to the mill of those whose vivid imaginations know no bounds.

Well, since all theists I know think like God, it is a truism that they know what God is thinking.

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Each person creates their own version of god.

Yes, despite claiming to have a relationship with him. Since they mostly disagree on very basic stuff, we might conclude that those relationship are restricted to talking of the weather.

Mmh, probably not even that.

Ciao

- viole

Audie

Veteran Member
I'm not Christian so where do you get 'your "livin' jesus"' from

Your post,though you are free to renounce it. You
kind of did already,saying all that believing in flood
actually is not substance, and,making here no
reference to my q about special pleading in
the cases of that there livin' jesus.

The belief that chap, Jesus, is alive a mere belief with absolutely NO substance to support it.

Quoth DF-

PureX

Veteran Member
When that "still small voice" within us becomes our ego, instead of our conscience, ...

Darkforbid

Your post,though you are free to renounce it. You
kind of did already,saying all that believing in flood
actually is not substance, and,making here no
reference to my q about special pleading in
the cases of that there livin' jesus.

The belief that chap, Jesus, is alive a mere belief with absolutely NO substance to support it.

Quoth DF-

Substance do not mean truth

'there is no substance that Harry Potter books exist' is obviously wrong

Even a false argument has substance

JJ50

Substance do not mean truth

'there is no substance that Harry Potter books exist' is obviously wrong

Even a false argument has substance

If Jesus is still alive why did he disappear up to heaven, that wasn't very clever of him, if he expected people to be his followers?

Darkforbid

If Jesus is still alive why did he disappear up to heaven, that wasn't very clever of him, if he expected people to be his followers?

It might have had something to do with being nailed up and having a spear stuck in him

It's not like he has a handful of followers is it

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The Bible can be interpreted in so many ways to suit a person's take on their particular brand of faith.
Years ago when I was young I heard it was predicted in that book the UK would never join the EU, WHOOPS they got that wrong.:p

The end timers have been predicting the end is nigh since Jesus died, no doubt they will be doing so 2000 years hence if religion is still on some folk's agender.

Some people claim to know exactly what god is thinking, strangely enough, its thoughts are their thoughts and they are in total agreement! My late mother-in-law knew exactly what god thought on every topic, particularly which TV programmes to watch and the clothes it deemed suitable to wear.:rolleyes:

The book of Revelation, in particular, is grist to the mill of those whose vivid imaginations know no bounds.

You sound more like an atheist, not agnostic.

That being said, the 'morality argument' against my beliefs would seem to be self refuting.