• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible and an over active imagination!

JJ50

The Bible can be interpreted in so many ways to suit a person's take on their particular brand of faith. Years ago when I was young I heard it was predicted in that book the UK would never join the EU, WHOOPS they got that wrong.:p

The end timers have been predicting the end is nigh since Jesus died, no doubt they will be doing so 2000 years hence if religion is still on some folk's agender.

Some people claim to know exactly what god is thinking, strangely enough, its thoughts are their thoughts and they are in total agreement! My late mother-in-law knew exactly what god thought on every topic, particularly which TV programmes to watch and the clothes it deemed suitable to wear.:rolleyes:

The book of Revelation, in particular, is grist to the mill of those whose vivid imaginations know no bounds.

Audie

Veteran Member
The Bible can be interpreted in so many ways to suit a person's take on their particular brand of faith. Years ago when I was young I heard it was predicted in that book the UK would never join the EU, WHOOPS they got that wrong.:p

The end timers have been predicting the end is nigh since Jesus died, no doubt they will be doing so 2000 years hence if religion is still on some folk's agender.

Some people claim to know exactly what god is thinking, strangely enough, its thoughts are their thoughts and they are in total agreement! My late mother-in-law knew exactly what god thought on every topic, particularly which TV programmes to watch and the clothes it deemed suitable to wear.:rolleyes:

The book of Revelation, in particular, is grist to the mill of those whose vivid imaginations know no bounds.

The Holy Spirit, you see, guides their infallible
readin'. You is just one of them scoffers, and
you will be sorry.

leov

That is exact purpose of the bible: facilitate our movement up the ladder of consciousness.

Darkforbid

Yep, it was a sad day when the British public fell for 'Its just a trade agreement' lie

Different views give different understandings, how could they not?

Thief

Rogue Theologian

and imagination is the problem solving part of your mind

there are no problems you can solve without it

so what?......if most people use that portion to excess

a few will stumble into an epiphany
and once announced.....everyone benefits

is it not common to think of brilliant people as......eccentric?

Audie

Veteran Member
More likely up the ladder of incredibility.

We'd have to see some positive external sign of all this
consciousness climbing.
Generally it is more like out to lunch, currently
some where beyond the orbit of Pluto.

SA Huguenot

Well, let me tell you my understanding that disarms your shots against the Bible.
many so called "Christians" says a lot of things such as the return of Jesus, the end of the world, and other stupidities!
Does this mean the Bible is wrong, or does it mean they lied?

lets see if the Bible can tell us what to do in this instance.
Deu 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
Deu 18:19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
Deu 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
Deu 18:21
And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Therefore, too conclude.
Anyone who maake such false predictions, are not speaking in the Name of God.
Such a person should actually be executed, and you should not be scared of them.

Next time someone tells you such predictions,
Test them.
Tell them they must write down on a piece of paper the Sunday newspaper heading.
If they cant do it, smack them with the Bible!

David J

There are probably over 1000 denominations of Christianity depending on how you look at it.

So taylor make it your way, get enough followers, and... indoctrinate. ;)

Darkforbid

There are probably over 1000 denominations of Christianity depending on how you look at it.

One recent survey by the French Institute, CPDSI, found that 90% of those who adopted radical Islamic beliefs had French grandparents, and that 80% came from atheist families

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Yet, as the Bible predicted, Israel is a nation again and never has a nation of people been dispersed and maintained customs and language.

But you are right Revelation, particularly, is difficult to decipher. But Jesus IS coming back! :D

Spartan

The Bible can be interpreted in so many ways to suit a person's take on their particular brand of faith."

Yep, and the agenda for homosexuals is to either kick it to the curb or twist the scriptures so that they approve of, rather than condemn, homosexual liaisons

Those who have studied the Bible understand that the end won't come until various signs are first seen. Signs such as the 3rd Jewish Temple being built, the appearance of the antichrist, and the Gospel being preached unto the whole world. Those haven't happened yet. You knew all this before you wrote your 'dumb end timer's' rant above, right?

Some people claim to know exactly what god is thinking..."

The scriptures show what God is thinking and what he approves or disapproves of in countless instances.

Here's help for the confused:

51q5MeV823L._AC_SY400_.jpg

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

It's how you are looking at it,

JJ50

Yet, as the Bible predicted, Israel is a nation again and never has a nation of people been dispersed and maintained customs and language.

But you are right Revelation, particularly, is difficult to decipher. But Jesus IS coming back! :D

How do you know the long dead Jesus is coming back?