• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible and an over active imagination!

rrobs

That's your response to ...
So, Genesis is the literal truth - Six days, tree, Cain, incest, Noah, Flood, etc.
So, someone (Matthew?) accurately recorded all 2000+ words of the Sermon on the Mount.

That is a really poor analogy.
Oh well, it's the only one I can think of right off the top of my head. Maybe something will come to me later.

ecco

Veteran Member
fr was going to be some word or another (I really forget now) that I meant to delete. I'm not sure of the exact key stroke sequence there. Nothing sinister going on.
I didn't think it was anything sinister. Why would that have even occurred to you?

Nevertheless, you still haven't responded regarding:

So, Genesis is the literal truth - Six days, tree, Cain, incest, Noah, Flood, etc.
So, someone (Matthew?) accurately recorded all 2000+ words of the Sermon on the Mount.

They are really straight forward so I don't understand why you are having a problem addressing them.

rrobs

I didn't think it was anything sinister. Why would that have even occurred to you?
I must have a guilty conscience or something. I don't know. What do you think?

Nevertheless, you still haven't responded regarding:

They are really straight forward so I don't understand why you are having a problem addressing them.
I don't want to be shamed by an atheist.

Audie

Veteran Member
We've discussed that many times. If you promise to write it down, I'll tell you once more; yes.

And as before, and not to make it personal,
but that as it is complete bs, nothing said
about the truth in the bible from you is going
to have any credibility. Sorry-ah.

Audie

Veteran Member
I must have a guilty conscience or something. I don't know. What do you think?

(emphasis added)

Like, what could possibly be worse than that!!!
A atheist of all things!!! Shudder!

But dont worry, you are taking care of it all
on your own.
I wonder why you'd stick with embarrassing
ignorance instead of upping your game a
little?

rrobs

And as before, and not to make it personal,
but that as it is complete bs, nothing said
about the truth in the bible from you is going
to have any credibility. Sorry-ah.
I don't doubt your resolve, but, for the record, the Bible doesn't need me for credibility.

rrobs

(emphasis added)

Like, what could possibly be worse than that!!!
A atheist of all things!!! Shudder!

But dont worry, you are taking care of it all
on your own.
I wonder why you'd stick with embarrassing
ignorance instead of upping your game a
little?
I thought you understood figures of speech. I could have sworn you said that. Ask your mom about sarcasm then re-read my reply. Maybe you'll understand it better.

rrobs

See Poe's law.
So, I can't add or subtract, but you think I have the capacity to understand Poe's Law?

Or are you exercising Poe's Law? I'll admit that you are hard to read. I wish you would tell me plainly what you think of my ideas. I think I know, but I'm not sure. It's all so confusing.

I'm just goofing around now, so maybe you should just ignore me.

Audie

Veteran Member
So, I can't add or subtract, but you think I have the capacity to understand Poe's Law?

Or are you exercising Poe's Law? I'll admit that you are hard to read. I wish you would tell me plainly what you think of my ideas. I think I know, but I'm not sure. It's all so confusing.

I'm just goofing around now, so maybe you should just ignore me.

Nah. What fun is that? I am just goofing around
too. Like any of this matters!

What time of day is it there?

ETA-
(Add to, take from ye good book)

Last edited:
Signs such as the 3rd Jewish Temple being built, the appearance of the antichrist, and the Gospel being preached unto the whole world.

For some individuals, their own area between their temples has already been rebuilt in authentic peace, their “anti-Christ” ways made aware to them, and a whole lot of good news coming into their own individual world.

Last edited:
For some individuals, their own area between their temples has already been rebuilt, their “anti-Christ” ways made aware to them, and a whole lot of good news coming into their own individual world.

Some silly irrelevant building needing rebuilt, please.
A boogey man individual making an appearance, please.
More like most have preached bad news and lies to the entire world.

It’ll be sad when the prank actually comes of building a silly building in a city watching what people do.

Faithofchristian

Do you attend church? Do you not listen to the preacher/minister/pastor give his interpretations of scripture? Do you not go to Bible study and get swayed by others' interpretations?

I don't belong to any religious organizations, for that very reason.

Neutral Name

The Bible can be interpreted in so many ways to suit a person's take on their particular brand of faith. Years ago when I was young I heard it was predicted in that book the UK would never join the EU, WHOOPS they got that wrong.:p

The end timers have been predicting the end is nigh since Jesus died, no doubt they will be doing so 2000 years hence if religion is still on some folk's agender.

Some people claim to know exactly what god is thinking, strangely enough, its thoughts are their thoughts and they are in total agreement! My late mother-in-law knew exactly what god thought on every topic, particularly which TV programmes to watch and the clothes it deemed suitable to wear.:rolleyes:

The book of Revelation, in particular, is grist to the mill of those whose vivid imaginations know no bounds.

I totally agree with you. I love to point out the number of denominations and Bibles. Christians don't agree with each other. So, what is inerrant?

ecco

Veteran Member
ecco:

Failing to answer simple questions about your beliefs indicates you may be embarrassed by them.

rrobs

ecco:

Failing to answer simple questions about your beliefs indicates you may be embarrassed by them.
It could mean a million different things. What made you think embarrassment?