• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Art of Trolling

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
father-heathen-albums-pictures-picture3263-a.jpg

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Is it sad, that I click on a thread just to see what Father Heathen is posting so late at night?

darkstar

Some people deserve to be trolled. Now, it isn't funny or even amusing to just act stupid. But the situation in the OP was classic. People aren't used to someone doing something like that, it was funny and if served a purpose.

I personally think there is a difference between trolling, and being an immature a**hat. Trolling someone online through spamming or direct confrontation in a very immature or self righteous manner is stupid. But there are some people that just ask for it.

Honestly in my experience, people that stand up and yell their religiously fueled attacks and hatred at people are bullies. People need to stand up to bullies. If someone were yelling at random people and telling them they're all a bunch of fat losers that are going to die alone, people would say something. And that's acceptable.
So why is it not acceptable to stand up, say something and make people feel stupid for yelling at others telling them that they are evil and going to hell for eternal torment?

Keep in mind that most people I have seen will politely ask if you would like to hear their religious preaching and will not push it. If one trolls a person who is polite, then they are a bully.
It's all about how its approached. For what its worth I find the scenario in the OP to be incredibly funny.

not nom

The other day, I was walking through Atlantic Terminal, in Brooklyn, NY, and came across a few Jesus freaks. A particularly evil mood struck me, so I removed any religiously-identifying jewelry and clothing, handed it to the wife, and slowly walked up to them, stating in a loud, "preachy" voice: "All hail the black flame from which all knowledge flows. Let the black flame sweep through this land and burn away the ignorance that is Christianity. Hail Satan!". The missionaries were giving me a big WTF look, and a few onlookers were laughing their ***** off. Share your IRL trolling stories. If you have proof, better.

that is to trolling what spilling a bucket of paint is to drawing. and opposed to darkstar I don't see it having served any purpose either, other than maybe a petty ego boost.

and, before you complain, just like you think thick people deserve to be messed with, I think people who are needy/shallow enough to troll, deserve to be called out on it. especially when they call something mediocre and random like that art, or even THE art. seriously...

Rakhel

I swear this is a real conversation between me and this guy. It starts at the bottom of the post.
Hey, I was done with you the second time you, so impolitely, demanded my phone number. Now that you don't even understand the first thing about spelling or grammar, you have left me less impressed then you did the first time.
A smart, business man would be impressed by someone wanting to know what kind of business they were getting into. I am guessing you are neither. Or perhaps any.
However, I am very glad that what ever "business" you claim to be running is not a business I want to subject myself to.
Good day to you, Mr Smith

--- On Tue, 1/3/12, Mr smith wrote:

Subject: Re: Employment
To: Rakhel
Date: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 5:26 PM

your probably the biggest ****** idiot i ever encounterded Meet girls what the **** are you talking about im married with four children and this is an opportunity for employment at $17.00 per hour wich you moron have now so patheticly blown do not email us again

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Rakhel wrote:
You're not a legitimate business, are you? This is just some lame attempt to meet naive girls, hoping they would be stupid enough to just hand over their phone number to any dumb schmuch.
Nice try.

--- On Mon, 1/2/12, Mr smith wrote:

Date: Monday, January 2, 2012, 6:58 PM

last chance send number

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Rakhel wrote:
send details.

--- On Mon, 1/2/12, Mr smith wrote:

Date: Monday, January 2, 2012, 3:33 PM

send number

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Rakhel wrote:
I saw your ad on Backpage.com. I am requesting additional information

Renji

I first experienced trolling when I felt that I'm actually in love with a childhood friend, who is actually my gf right now. I can't help but do this :drool:.

Oh, I guess I'm on the wrong thread. I thought this thread is "The Art of drooling". :D

Last edited:

cablescavenger

Kathryn, Kathryn, Kathryn....what are we to do with you!?!
It's fine to mock some religions, but not others. Snake handlers, Jesus freaks, Mormons, Scientologists & energy vortexers
are fair game. But black churches, Jews, Indians (both American & Asian) & ethnic/multicultural religions are off limits!

What really p*****s me off though? No one bothers to mock Revoltifarians!
What...we don't count? We've no siginificance? Our pomp & pontification is not to be poo pooed or pilloried?
Curse all you mainstream religions! Make room for us new guys!

As fun as it sounds to mess with those who drink their Kool-Aid in public, I don't do it either. Think of them as having a mental
handicap which offends. Should we mock the physically handicapped too? Some day I'll show you my imitation of a retarded kid
named Jeffy trying to descend an escalator.....yucks galore as I make wailing & bugling elk-like noises of sheer terror!
I heard revoltifarians were terrorists, no one wants to upset them mad crazy fools :eek:

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman
I heard they were terrorists, no one wants to upset them mad crazy fools :eek:

Quite the opposite. See, they're usually too stupid to know when someone is insulting them. They think they are being complimented. Go ahead and call them names, insult their mothers, and criticize their hygiene; they love it. They will thank you and go about with this air of pride like they are being honored and are special. They're "special" alright.

cablescavenger

Quite the opposite. See, they're usually too stupid to know when someone is insulting them. They think they are being complimented. Go ahead and call them names, insult their mothers, and criticize their hygiene; they love it. They will thank you and go about with this air of pride like they are being honored and are special. They're "special" alright.
I have edited my text. I meant to say revoltifarians. I was joking with revoltingest.

cablescavenger

This is an urban legend, but I used to do 3rd line tech support a number of years ago and got a lot of calls from people new to comuputing, and so when I first saw this it struck a chord:

Too stupid to own a computer

"Ridge Hall computer assistance; may I help you?"

"Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect."

"What sort of trouble?"

"Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went
away."

"Went away?"

"They disappeared."

"Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type."

"Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out?"

"How do I tell?"

"Can you see the C: prompt on the screen?"

"What's a sea-prompt?"

"Never mind, can you move your cursor around the screen?"

"There isn't any cursor: I told you, it won't accept anything I type."

"Does your monitor have a power indicator?"

"What's a monitor?"

"It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it have
a little light that tells you when it's on?"

"I don't know."

"Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord
goes into it. Can you see that?"
"Yes, I think so."
"Great. Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's plugged into the wall."

"Yes, it is."

"When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two
cables plugged into the back of it, not just one?"

"No."

"Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find the other
cable."

"Okay, here it is."

"Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into the back of
your computer."

"I can't reach."

"Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?"

"No."

"Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over?"

"Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle -- it's because it's
dark."

"Dark?"

"Yes, -the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in
from the window."

"Well, turn on the office light then."

"I can't."

"No? Why not?"

"Because there's a power failure."

"A power... A power failure? Aha, Okay, we've got it licked now. Do you
still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in?"

"Well, yes, I keep them in the closet."

"Good. Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up just like it
was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from."

"Really? Is it that bad?"

"Yes, I'm afraid it is."

"Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them?"

"Tell them you're too stupid to own a computer."

waitasec

Veteran Member
A bully is a bully, regardless of affiliation. And bullies are ever so unattractive - and probably have small...well, you get where I'm going.

those preaching on the street corners yelling 'yer gonna rot in hell' is a passive aggressive bullying tactic.

Gulo

The other day, I was walking through Atlantic Terminal, in Brooklyn, NY, and came across a few Jesus freaks. A particularly evil mood struck me, so I removed any religiously-identifying jewelry and clothing, handed it to the wife, and slowly walked up to them, stating in a loud, "preachy" voice: "All hail the black flame from which all knowledge flows. Let the black flame sweep through this land and burn away the ignorance that is Christianity. Hail Satan!". The missionaries were giving me a big WTF look, and a few onlookers were laughing their ***** off. Share your IRL trolling stories. If you have proof, better.

I don't troll, but I ask legitimate questions and have legitimate discussions/debates until they usually get insecure and run away. I ask things like:

- If the Christian god is allegedly omnipotent, how can he actually risk or sacrifice anything, like a son?
- If Jesus was resurrected, what did he actually sacrifice...as compared to a firefighter that dies in the line of duty? Nobody is resurrecting the firefighter, so isn't their sacrifice more of an actual sacrifice than what Jesus allegedly did?
- If the Christian god frowns upon adultery, why would he impregnate a married woman rather than a single/widowed woman, or even...a dude? Now THAT would have been a freaking miracle!
- Which religion is correct? Why? Which sect? Why?
- Does the Abrahamic god seem like a narcissist to you? Let's compare the Ten Commandments and Old Testament to things that a narcissist might say or do.