• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Art of Trolling

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
There in lies the answer. No it didn't.

I'll speak for myself, thank you.

As I said earlier, there are two sides to every story. Yosi gave enough detail in BOTH of his stories to strongly imply that he enjoys confrontation and ups the ante with drama when given the opportunity. He also glorifies and obviously relishes his own "trolling techniques."

I think that sort of general attitude and approach are unnecessarily confrontational and therefore bad form.

You know, trolling is actually based in a judgmental attitude, that's often rooted in deep insecurities and immaturity. Think about it.

sandcastlecf7.jpg

Last edited:

Poisonshady313

As I said earlier, there are two sides to every story. Yosi gave enough detail in BOTH of his stories to strongly imply that he enjoys confrontation and ups the ante with drama when given the opportunity. He also glorifies and obviously relishes his own "trolling techniques."
I think he enjoys giving a hard time to people who are giving others a hard time. Like the guys who Rick Roll'd the Westboro Baptist Church people. You yourself said "he didn't really qualify what he meant by "Jesus Freaks" so I can only use the information I have.". So you used your own imagination to fill in the blanks, and you came up with a story that made yosi the bad guy. There's no reason to assume yosi is the sort of person who would call decent, respectable Christians "jesus freaks". Seems far more logical to me that these individuals were provocateurs and agitators. Folks that deserved a heckling. Or, dare I say, trolling.

Rakhel

There is a guy who walks around the ferry, speaking hymns from a hymnal. Left alone. The many, many church groups that come here on an outing, that we have helped find their way around, even though they give us pamphlets, let alone. The ones that look at him using his E-cigarettes and ask "are you smoking?" left alone.

However, the idiots, who feel it their god given right to tell you you are going to hell for not believing in Jesus? they deserve a bit of "you get what you give."

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
There is a guy who walks around the ferry, speaking hymns from a hymnal. Left alone. The many, many church groups that come here on an outing, that we have helped find their way around, even though they give us pamphlets, let alone. The ones that look at him using his E-cigarettes and ask "are you smoking?" left alone.

However, the idiots, who feel it their god given right to tell you you are going to hell for not believing in Jesus? they deserve a bit of "you get what you give."
The people who beg me for cigarettes when I don't have anything more than an e-cig, left alone.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I never even heard of vaping until this thread but I have seen people sucking on unlit cigarettes- that is not a problem; unless you can smell the smoke, you know they can't be smoking it, and then why would anyone worry about it? I personally would never bug people who are minding their own business but that is just me. :)

Alceste

Vagabond
I go in for the subtle troll - I pleasantly tell door knockers and street preachers that I am a witch ("No thanks, I'm a witch"). It seems to shut them up quite nicely. I might add a little spell on the end - waggle my fingers at them and go "CAVE IMINICUM!" Might cause some sleepless nights...

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I don't know if this would qualify, but I certainly thought it funny at the time. Once, while I was holding an Esbat ritual with a couple friends outside, a few neighbors decided to watch. More and more they gathered across the street and were pointing and yammering away. Finally I stood up, pointed over at them, as yelled loud and clear "I'll get you my pretties! and your little dogs too!" in the best cackly wicked-witch voice I could. They actually all shut up and started going back into their homes. My friends and I just laughed our ***** off. It was a fun ritual. ;)

[youtube]R5kPUFxXYLs[/youtube]
Troll in the Dungeon! - YouTube

:D

The Sum of Awe

We just went to get movies and my mom dropped my sister and I off up the road and we walked down from there, my mom was going to do something else... Once we got to the door I asked my sister, "You got the key?" Just to troll her :D

It wasn't locked, just funny because we would be sitting outside for a while.

Kathryn

I go in for the subtle troll - I pleasantly tell door knockers and street preachers that I am a witch ("No thanks, I'm a witch"). It seems to shut them up quite nicely. I might add a little spell on the end - waggle my fingers at them and go "CAVE IMINICUM!" Might cause some sleepless nights...

Rock it, sister. I like that approach!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Today, I was on the ferry and a cigarette nazi was sitting a little down from me. I use electronic cigarettes, which aren't regulated in the City or State of New York, so the "No Smoking" signs don't apply to the electronics. This guy got visibly enraged to see me puff on one on a city-run boat. He finally, halfway into the trip, walked up to me, and demanded that I "put out" my "cigarette". Since my "cigarette" isn't lit, I asked him how. He walked over to the "No Smoking" sign and screamed that I'm not allowed to smoke. I told him to go get a cop(there are four of them on any ferry boat as it's underway). The cop walked over to me and asked if I had been smoking. I promptly, honestly, replied "No"(Technically, I was vaping, or using a personal vaporizer). This so enraged the guy that he screamed that he saw me put my cigarette into my pocket after puffing on it. The cop asked if I minded showing him the pocket contents. I complied, and, in the process, showed him the electronic. The cop picked up the electronic, looked at the guy, and said, "This? This isn't a cigarette. Why are you wasting my time? Don't bother me again." Then the cop assumed his position looking overboard in case someone falls overboard.
Me - 1
Anti-smoking Idiot - 0

:clap

Draka

Wonder Woman

You really want to have fun, when someone is at your door trying to preach to you and hand you tracts and the like, pretend you hear something behind you from in your house and call back over your shoulder something like "put the goat back on the altar dammit!" or "she got away? Damn! Where are we going to find another virgin now?" :D

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
You really want to have fun, when someone is at your door trying to preach to you and hand you tracts and the like, pretend you hear something behind you from in your house and call back over your shoulder something like "put the goat back on the altar dammit!" or "she got away? Damn! Where are we going to find another virgin now?" :D
That's pretty good. I've also used, "You're just in time. Come in. We're performing our sacrifice ritual."

Kathryn

You see, what I did in the OP was no worse than that, yet everyone needs a villain.

And some people love to play victim.

You're no villian - you're just a self described troll.

You approached people - actually had to take off items of religious clothing in order to do so (the irony of that is hilarious), and you were intentionally confrontational. If you can't see how that differs from Alceste's example, I don't know what else to say to you.

:facepalm:

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
And some people love to play victim.

You're no villian - you're just a self described troll.

You approached people - actually had to take off items of religious clothing in order to do so (the irony of that is hilarious), and you were intentionally confrontational. If you can't see how that differs from Alceste's example, I don't know what else to say to you.

:facepalm:
Of course, that's AFTER they blocked the travel path and screamed in everyone's faces about their particular brand of religion. I didn't start the confrontation; I escalated it beyond their ability to comprehend. Removed religious articles? You bet. I don't think it consistent for someone with Jewish articles of clothing on to be preaching about Satan. C'mon, are you that thick, or are you just hostile? Either way, you're trolling this thread(Yes, I see the irony), and you need to find your way out of my thread. You try to belittle someone who is actually doing a public service. If we can get these screaming idiots out of our subway system, everyone can get where they're going with less harassment.

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

-Girlfriend is bored- "So.... How's life??"
You -in philosophical mood-: "Define life."
Girlfriend goes offline.

Would be funny I suppose.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
Concept:
Someone is sitting on the sidewalk, with a table set up, begging for donations for the "homeless".(We have a company here that rents out those tables to people, and the people who rent the tables keep the "donations", a turnkey panhandling operation, literally.) A troll sets up a table across the street with sign: Daddy needs beer and hooker money. That would be great for the lulz.