• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Art of Trolling

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
The other day, I was walking through Atlantic Terminal, in Brooklyn, NY, and came across a few Jesus freaks. A particularly evil mood struck me, so I removed any religiously-identifying jewelry and clothing, handed it to the wife, and slowly walked up to them, stating in a loud, "preachy" voice: "All hail the black flame from which all knowledge flows. Let the black flame sweep through this land and burn away the ignorance that is Christianity. Hail Satan!". The missionaries were giving me a big WTF look, and a few onlookers were laughing their ***** off. Share your IRL trolling stories. If you have proof, better.

Poisonshady313

The other day, I was walking through Atlantic Terminal, in Brooklyn, NY, and came across a few Jesus freaks. A particularly evil mood struck me, so I removed any religiously-identifying jewelry and clothing, handed it to the wife, and slowly walked up to them, stating in a loud, "preachy" voice: "All hail the black flame from which all knowledge flows. Let the black flame sweep through this land and burn away the ignorance that is Christianity. Hail Satan!". The missionaries were giving me a big WTF look, and a few onlookers were laughing their ***** off. Share your IRL trolling stories. If you have proof, better.

This isn't mine, but it's so great I have to post it.

[youtube]qwyZ0ji1GRU[/youtube]
‪You aint got no pancake mix!‬‏ - YouTube

A missionary on a college campus is trying to say what she has to say, and is confronted by a guy who very forcefully, with righteous indignation, declares "You ain't got no pancake mix!"

It's hilarious and awesome.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!

Draka

Wonder Woman
I don't know if this would qualify, but I certainly thought it funny at the time. Once, while I was holding an Esbat ritual with a couple friends outside, a few neighbors decided to watch. More and more they gathered across the street and were pointing and yammering away. Finally I stood up, pointed over at them, as yelled loud and clear "I'll get you my pretties! and your little dogs too!" in the best cackly wicked-witch voice I could. They actually all shut up and started going back into their homes. My friends and I just laughed our ***** off. It was a fun ritual. ;)

Rakhel

I don't know if this would qualify, but I certainly thought it funny at the time. Once, while I was holding an Esbat ritual with a couple friends outside, a few neighbors decided to watch. More and more they gathered across the street and were pointing and yammering away. Finally I stood up, pointed over at them, as yelled loud and clear "I'll get you my pretties! and your little dogs too!" in the best cackly wicked-witch voice I could. They actually all shut up and started going back into their homes. My friends and I just laughed our ***** off. It was a fun ritual. ;)
That's funny. real funny.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I don't intentionally provoke others who are practicing their religion, nor do I interfere with them or ridicule them, as long as they aren't actively infringing on the rights of others.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I wonder what would happen if I walked up to people having an exercise class in the park and started shouting "Work that body!! Come on!!" ;)

Kathryn

I wonder if it would be cool and clever of me to walk up to a group of Hasidic Jews and start saying in a loud, preachy voice, "All hail the wisdom of What Not To Wear reality show hosts, who will swoop down upon you like locusts, bearing scissors to shear your ridiculous locks, clothes from Abercrombie and Fitch, and iPods full of Lady Gaga! May you awake and find a celtic cross tattoo emblazoned on your bicep!"

No. Actually, I think I would be the one who looked ignorant. Trolls usually do.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I don't intentionally provoke others who are practicing their religion, nor do I interfere with them or ridicule them, as long as they aren't actively infringing on the rights of others.

Yea but come on when you see those idiots preaching on street corners don't you find is just a bit funny when someone goes and stands next to them making fun a bit? When I say idiots on street corners I don't mean the ones that quietly try to speak to you in a polite way, I mean the ones that just shout at everyone telling us going to hell unless we repent blah blah blah.

Rakhel

I wonder if it would be cool and clever of me to walk up to a group of Hasidic Jews and start saying in a loud, preachy voice, "All hail the wisdom of What Not To Wear reality show hosts, who will swoop down upon you like locusts, bearing scissors to shear your ridiculous locks, clothes from Abercrombie and Fitch, and iPods full of Lady Gaga! May you awake and find a celtic cross tattoo emblazoned on your bicep!"

No. Actually, I think I would be the one who looked ignorant. Trolls usually do.
oh geez Kathryn come on. :rolleyes:
It is not the religion that is being trolled, if that's what's bothering you.
If a missionary can stand on the corner and block traffic, then someone can walk up to them and return the favor, and preach back, but of another religion.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
Yea but come on when you see those idiots preaching on street corners don't you find is just a bit funny when someone goes and stands next to them making fun a bit? When I say idiots on street corners I don't mean the ones that quietly try to speak to you in a polite way, I mean the ones that just shout at everyone telling us going to hell unless we repent blah blah blah.
Those are the ones I'm encouraging to troll. You expressed it perfectly.

Rakhel

there is one guy that we run into every so often, when taking the ferry home, that likes to find Jews just so he can tell them they are going to hell for "Not accepting Jesus in their hearts." The problem with this guy is he doesn't even have his bible right, not even by Christian standards.
He was saying that morningstar in Isaiah 9:14 was Jesus. This hasid looked at him, told him to go back to the preacher and get it right, then come back and they'll talk about the verse.

Kathryn

First of all, the OP wasn't clear regarding the actions of the "Jesus freaks." So we don't know what they were doing to make themselves the target of his trolling.

Secondly - even if I find it funny, or even obnoxious, I don't generally confront people in public about their religion - unless they are being unnecessarily aggressive toward other people. Even then, I wouldn't interject myself unless the other person was not able to defend themself.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Kathryn, Kathryn, Kathryn....what are we to do with you!?!
It's fine to mock some religions, but not others. Snake handlers, Jesus freaks, Mormons, Scientologists & energy vortexers
are fair game. But black churches, Jews, Indians (both American & Asian) & ethnic/multicultural religions are off limits!

What really p*****s me off though? No one bothers to mock Revoltifarians!
What...we don't count? We've no siginificance? Our pomp & pontification is not to be poo pooed or pilloried?
Curse all you mainstream religions! Make room for us new guys!

As fun as it sounds to mess with those who drink their Kool-Aid in public, I don't do it either. Think of them as having a mental
handicap which offends. Should we mock the physically handicapped too? Some day I'll show you my imitation of a retarded kid
named Jeffy trying to descend an escalator.....yucks galore as I make wailing & bugling elk-like noises of sheer terror!

Last edited:

Kathryn

Kathryn, Kathryn, Kathryn....what are we to do with you!?!
It's fine to mock some religions, but not others. Snake handlers, Jesus freaks, Mormons, Scientologists & energy vortexers
are fair game. But black churches, Jews, Indians (both American & Asian) & ethnic/multicultural religions are off limits!

What really p*****s me off though? No one bothers to mock Revoltifarians!
What...we don't count? We've no siginificance? Our pomp & pontification is not to be poo pooed or pilloried?
Curse all you mainstream religions! Make room for us new guys!

As fun as it sounds to mess with those who drink their Kool-Aid in public, I don't do it either.
It seems too abusive even for me.

I know, I know - I am such a tiresomely objective person.

Revoltingest, I think your Revoltifarians should adopt some identifying religious symbols so that trolls can identify you more easily, and spice things up a bit for you.

That's just my advice. The lawncare implements aren't clear enough identification for those of us who live in Texas - unless all these lawncare guys are Revoltifarians and I've just never realized it.

Kathryn

People get upset at being publicly mocked & ridiculed?
Whoda thunk it?

A bully is a bully, regardless of affiliation. And bullies are ever so unattractive - and probably have small...well, you get where I'm going.