• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Arsonist in Chief!

Wandering Monk

Trump tweeted the Governor of Minnesota:

"The military is behind you....When the looting starts the shooting starts."

This is inflammatory. All he knows how to do is throw fuel on the flames. No better than than the rioters in that respect.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Trump repeatedly uses the "divide & conquer" approach, so he will only likely take the side that can garner up the most votes for November. Pretty much all of our previous presidents at least tried to be "healers", but that's not Trump's m.o.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
"Looting leads to shooting, and that’s why a man was shot and killed in Minneapolis on Wednesday night - or look at what just happened in Louisville with 7 people shot. I don’t want this to happen, and that’s what the expression put out last night means....

....It was spoken as a fact, not as a statement. It’s very simple, nobody should have any problem with this other than the haters, and those looking to cause trouble on social media. Honor the memory of George Floyd!"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200529-144218_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200529-144218_Twitter.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 0

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

This is inflammatory. All he knows how to do is throw fuel on the flames. No better than than the rioters in that respect.
He's trying to stir up extreme violence as the only way he'll get reelected in November. It fits the sickness that he represents and promotes.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
"Looting leads to shooting, and that’s why a man was shot and killed in Minneapolis on Wednesday night - or look at what just happened in Louisville with 7 people shot. I don’t want this to happen, and that’s what the expression put out last night means....

....It was spoken as a fact, not as a statement. It’s very simple, nobody should have any problem with this other than the haters, and those looking to cause trouble on social media. Honor the memory of George Floyd!"

I don't know how much I "trust" the president's backpedaling to be accurate of his intentions. He has lied too many times before, and said enough inflammatory things previously.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Would you not be tempted to defend yourself and your property from an unwarranted attack by thugs?

Wandering Monk

Would you not be tempted to defend yourself and your property from an unwarranted attack by thugs?

The implication of his words, so close to is mention of the military, suggests that he was referring to the military shooting rioters.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Yeah, but I also feel it is in any POTUS' best interest to try to calm tensions, not enflame them, during times of national stress.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Are you sure self defense in a life or death situation vs. firing indiscriminately into a crowd o protesters is an apt comparison?

Also, I suspect your reaction would be different if a dem prez had said something similar.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Nobody ever questions the mentality behind looting.

Wreak havoc on those who are completely uninvolved and have nothing to do with events. What kind of message is that supposed to bring?

I'm not going to cry any tears for any shot looters.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
The implication of his words, so close to is mention of the military, suggests that he was referring to the military shooting rioters.

Yeah...and?

Yeah, but I also feel it is in any POTUS' best interest to try to calm tensions, not enflame them, during times of national stress.

So now you give him credit...

Are you sure self defense in a life or death situation vs. firing indiscriminately into a crowd o protesters is an apt comparison?

Also, I suspect your reaction would be different if a dem prez had said something similar.

Nope...would have supported Barry if he ever showed the same vestiges of testicles...

epronovost

No better than than the rioters in that respect.

In my opinion, the rioter are absolutely right to be furious and enraged by the inhability of their government to provide them with a police force that can be held accountable by their community and help their community grow and prosper in a sense of safety and justice. Their government has been deaf to their rightful complaints for decades. At that point, I wouldn't throw a stone at someone in their circumstances to lose temperance and reason and get enraged once in a while.

Wandering Monk

In my opinion, the rioter are absolutely right to be furious and enraged by the inhability of their government to provide them with a police force that can be held accountable by their community and help their community grow and prosper in a sense of safety and justice. Their government has been deaf to their rightful complaints for decades. At that point, I wouldn't throw a stone at someone in their circumstances to lose temperance and reason and get enraged once in a while.

Except for the fact they are burning down THEIR OWN NEIGHBORHOODS!.

The transit authority has suspended bus and light rail operations in these areas.

The rioters have burned down the only places to by groceries for a mile or more. How are resident of these neighborhoods who don't have cars or can't drive supposed to get food?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

The transit authority has suspended bus and light rail operations in these areas.

The rioters have burned down the only places to by groceries for a mile or more. How are resident of these neighborhoods who don't have cars or can't drive supposed to get food?
You might need to draw a distinction between rioters and protesters. They're not a single homogenous group.

Not even mentioning the multiple reports of plain clothes officers instigating and participating in the rioting.

Wandering Monk

You might need to draw a distinction between rioters and protesters. They're not a single homogenous group.

Not even mentioning the multiple reports of plain clothes officers instigating and participating in the rioting.

I chose the word rioters deliberately to MAKE that distinction.

epronovost

Of course their burned down their own neighborhood. They are enraged, not rational and they would very much prefer to burn down the neigghborhood of their oppressor, but that's the difference between a riot and a ****ing revolution. The government is very fine with bottleling the riots and do nothing about their causes, but it's absolutely not fine with the idea of them, or their supporters, being punished for their actions (or lack of them).

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The implication of his words were straight out racism.

In saying “when the looting starts, the shooting starts” Mr. Trump echoed a phrase coined by a Miami police chief in the 1960s about crackdowns on black neighborhoods during times of unrest. Walter Headley, the Miami police chief in 1967, warned that young black men who he called “hoodlums” had “taken advantage of the civil rights campaign,” and added, “We don’t mind being accused of police brutality.”

Trump’s Looting and ‘Shooting’ Remarks Escalate Crisis in Minneapolis
Trump knows this language and was instinctively drawing from the racist trope and authoritarian rule he admires.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Nope...would have supported Barry if he ever showed the same vestiges of testicles...
Clear your head of the testicles dancing through it for a moment and let's actually think about this rationally; what do you think would happen afterwards once the military opened fire into a crowd of unarmed protestors? Sure, some were breaking windows and tossing trash cans which is unacceptable, of course. But deadly force would obviously be a disproportionate response, especially considering the likeliness that many of the resulting maimed and dead weren't participating any looting or vandalism. What do you think the public reaction and political aftermath would be? Do you really think that would be the end of it? Things would escalate into a much bigger mess real quick, one I assure would end your appetite for testicles.