• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Arsonist in Chief!

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
So re-educating a street thug is more important than protecting the lives and property of law abiding citizens?

Yes

Edit: Because if they are not re-educated how will they ever become/stay a productive member of society? They will continue to drain tax payer money through repeated incarceration, otherwise. But this is nearly off topic.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Yes

Edit: Because if they are not re-educated how will they ever become/stay a productive member of society? They will continue to drain tax payer money through repeated incarceration, otherwise. But this is nearly off topic.

Well I guess that settles that. Have a nice day..

epronovost

Soooo...you wouldn't try to stop some lowlife from stealing bike/car/significant other?

There is some sort of middle ground between doing nothing and killing someone. You don't kill anybody unless it's absolutely necessary and lives are at stake. Would I try to stop orr scare off a thief, sure I would. I did once a couple of years ago. I just shouted and the dude ran away. Thieves aren't killers. Would I kill someone trying to steal my TV? Absolutely not. It's just a TV for goodness sake. I'll let my insurance deal with it and report the theft to the police.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Properties are indeed far less important than people.
That would depend upon who does the valuing of whose property
of what kind, & also upon the person it's being compared too.
My business or home vs a looter?
Property: 1
Looter: 0
Of course, my preference would be to make a compelling
argument to the looter that they leave in peace, thereby
avoiding the valuations.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Yes

Should we re-educate Derek Chauvin?